Games - Mafia Game 56 - Dragon Ball Z: A New Threat - END GAME | Page 103 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 56 - Dragon Ball Z: A New Threat - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Why does it make less sense?

If there are 2 townies, 1 mafia A, 3 mafia B, there could still be a lynching tie between a townie and a mafia B, both getting killed at the end of the day. Then mafia A could kill a mafia B during the night either because B didn't target him or because he won a coinflip. This changes the game from a sure loss (in your scenario) to a potential tie/victory.

As I said, I used to think the way you are thinking. Checked a good bunch of games and couldn't find an example. To be CERTAIN, I read the rules, and in my opinion they are clearly pointing towards the conclusion we got "you have to do X and Y".

It wasn't something we came up with out of nowhere, it wasn't something we didn't discuss for a long time, it wasn't something we didn't bother checking more than 10 times and it wasn't something that didn't worry us that could screw the game.
The could's don't matter. What if townies still have 3 daytime killing roles? The game would still end with 3 mafia 3 townie, even though town could still win. Irrelevant example.

I can't see the meaning you read from them, but I don't want to discuss this right now.

When this rule was written, the writer did not consider multiple mafia parties.
But it's the description for the 2nd mafia.. I don't really understand your point. They clearly work just like a regular mafia.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'm probably coming off as an ass right now and I couldn't care less, but just wanted to point out that it was wrong what Farf said. From what Evil told me and from how I read the rule part, so I deem that to be correct. Make of that as you will.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
The could's don't matter. What if townies still have 3 daytime killing roles? The game would still end with 3 mafia 3 townie, even though town could still win. Irrelevant example.

I can't see the meaning you read from them, but I don't want to discuss this right now.
Coulds do matter if the scenarios absolutely change due to 1 obscure line in the rules... that didn't even affect the game.

Can't see it at all? How? It's a two parts sentence.
I'm probably coming off as an ass right now and I couldn't care less
Says a lot about you sadly, we put a lot of effort in making something fun for everyone for you to have rants from non-mistakes.

From what Evil told me and from how I read the rule part, so I deem that to be correct. Make of that as you will.
Entitled, much? Why would your opinion (and Evil's for that matter) have a higher value than hers, mine or anyone else's?

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
All i can say....

Well played demon-kun

No wonder my pleas fell on deaf ears...i was trying to convince a bunch of fukan scumbags xD

I knew gry was acting fishy....and brandish with his role refreshing lol....

With all of what happened this game...none of yall bastards can ever say my thinking is far-fetched anymore:lmao

Thanx dears... @Farfalla @Hardy
Super game...even after dying i stayed away from deadpad to not be spoiled...sorry fellow deads,but i couldnt wait for each day phase to see what happens next!
:super :thumbs :kamina

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
This is going nowhere, stopped being constructive and just went down the fully subjective road...
If anything, people can take wtv we used as examples of what might and might not work and I'm kinda done insisting on anything...

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Says a lot about you sadly, we put a lot of effort in making something fun for everyone for you to have rants from non-mistakes.
I already thanked for the game and acknowledged your efforts. But if all you want is flowers and not me telling you what could screw up a future game, sure. Only flowers for you then. Though I didn't know you're so bad at taking criticism.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Super game...even after dying i stayed away from deadpad to not be spoiled...sorry fellow deads,but i couldnt wait for each day phase to see what happens next!
Ah man, you should had dropped by, we kept the deadpad (almost) strictly spoiler free. Like, check it out, everyone behaved (except our dear guest Magi sometimes '-' ). The last day was hard tho cause there almost wasn't a reason for it to be played lol.
I already thanked for the game and acknowledged your efforts. But if all you want is flowers and not me telling you what could screw up a future game, sure. Only flowers for you then. Though I didn't know you're so bad at taking criticism.
Calling something sad is constructive?

I'm quite open to criticism, I never once said our choices were flawless, but I did give the reasons as to why we took them (and why we want to change those specific things in the future, to keep it clear and help EVERYONE that could be in our spot).

Edit: btw, how is "thank you but I likely won't play in the future if you host" flowers? :lmao

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
But it's the description for the 2nd mafia.. I don't really understand your point. They clearly work just like a regular mafia.
These rules were not written at the same time. I'm referring to two different rules here, the line in the main text that states the win condition of the mafia ("Play will then continue until all of the Mafia have been eliminated, or until the Mafia reaches the same number as the townspeople.") and the role description of the second mafia party ("Second Mafia (Third Party): Structured just as the first, the members can variate though. The goal is to kill off the other Mafia and decimate the Townies until an equal number to their own members alive, to bring the Town under its control.(GAME 7)"). The second mafia party was added in Game 7 while the first quotation was of Game 1. The first quotation wasn't updated to read "...or until the Mafia eliminates all other parties and reaches the same number as the townspeople". So you're right, they work like regular mafia, and mafia have an updated win condition.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Entitled, much? Why would your opinion (and Evil's for that matter) have a higher value than hers, mine or anyone else's?
Why are you saying entitled? I'm just trying to be helpful and tell you what Evil told me, not that my opinion holds more weight. And yes I do consider him to know this game better than me and you, especially back when he told me that. Why you reacting so negatively? I haven't even mentioned the actual bad parts of this game because I didn't want to, yet you still react like this?
Calling something sad is constructive?

I'm quite open to criticism, I never once said our choices were flawless, but I did give the reasons as to why we took them (and why we want to change those specific things in the future, to keep it clear and help EVERYONE that could be in our spot).

Edit: btw, how is "thank you but I likely won't play in the future if you host" flowers? :lmao
That was just a remark, while we were just now talking about the win condition thing.

Not saying those were flowers? But that I can join the happy "Wow awesome" squad if you want o/
--- Double Post Merged, ---
These rules were not written at the same time. I'm referring to two different rules here, the line in the main text that states the win condition of the mafia ("Play will then continue until all of the Mafia have been eliminated, or until the Mafia reaches the same number as the townspeople.") and the role description of the second mafia party ("Second Mafia (Third Party): Structured just as the first, the members can variate though. The goal is to kill off the other Mafia and decimate the Townies until an equal number to their own members alive, to bring the Town under its control.(GAME 7)"). The second mafia party was added in Game 7 while the first quotation was of Game 1. The first quotation wasn't updated to read "...or until the Mafia eliminates all other parties and reaches the same number as the townspeople". So you're right, they work like regular mafia, and mafia have an updated win condition.
Ah that's what you meant, yeah makes sense.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Why are you saying entitled? I'm just trying to be helpful and tell you what Evil told me, not that my opinion holds more weight. And yes I do consider him to know this game better than me and you, especially back when he told me that. Why you reacting so negatively? I haven't even mentioned the actual bad parts of this game because I didn't want to, yet you still react like this?
I like to think Im reacting neutrally. Someone that has called things "sad" "gonna skip depending on hosts" "I'm probably coming off as an ass right now and I couldn't care less" deserves only "flowers"?

You don't think it holds more weight but you said "I don't care. I think this, he thinks that, I deem that to be correct. Make of that as you will."?

I don't know. Perhaps at first I thought the same as you, nowadays I think the game is for everyone and everyone could understand things differently, and we should all work together trying to minimise this (instead of just asking Evil cause it's his game or something).

That was just a remark, while we were just now talking about the win condition thing.

Not saying those were flowers? But that I can join the happy "Wow awesome" squad if you want o/
Not the kindest remark if you want your criticism to be taken perfectly.

No, just say whatever you think, no need for half assing with passive agressiveness.

Reactions: syx

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Well this game was fun, I'm glad orange team won the reds plays almost ruined the game for the entire mafia but fortunately there were experienced mafias who knew how to handle the situation.

You guys trusting demon with genki though...:s
dame dame our team was the best :zomg !! we had the best combination ever we just tried to do things in an artistic way. :hmph Im proud of my team, l they were all great ♥

Red team starring
2 cute and innocent fairies : Lakkhan & Brandish

1 lonely wolf : SoD

A Lannister who always pays his debt : Van

and a pokemon : aka me

Oranges only wins because Demon doesnt love enough his waifu

All i can say....

Well played demon-kun

No wonder my pleas fell on deaf ears...i was trying to convince a bunch of fukan scumbags xD

I knew gry was acting fishy....and brandish with his role refreshing lol....

With all of what happened this game...none of yall bastards can ever say my thinking is far-fetched anymore:lmao

Thanx dears... @Farfalla@Hardy
@gnut i di my best to save you, but failed,

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
Fuck @Vandred and his reaction xD
Bastard says he wants demon dead and then incriminates me..
Ok buddy...i got your ticket punched.

:cookiefinger

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Oranges only wins because Demon doesnt love enough his waifu
Says the one who was the most devious among the Red. Trying to get you lynched was not easy.

You got lucky my death on N1 threw town completely off guard they werent trusting you much at first.

Town should´ve scattered the energy on this last day, it might´ve saved them.

And @lakhan220 I´m curious on what did your team decide you wanted me dead for? Discussing how to do the Genki? Random? First time I ever die so early lol (at least zasz has someone else to talk about dying early issues in this games:verily)
Not really. Spriggan had a penalty vote and was unable to vote. With us three Mafias vote locking on him, we had won for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.