Games - Mafia Game 64 - One-Punch Man Edition - END GAME | Page 64 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 64 - One-Punch Man Edition - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Always so dramatic :nerd

It would have been great fun if Lambu had protected him, won the coin flip and turned Mentee while Gry got left behind to tank the kill :e3

*Ahem*

At any rate, it was engaging seeing the players who were left with the most useless roles at the end (Defuser, Investigator, Death Miller, even Witch isn't that cool) make the best out of their situation, especially considering the town was not quite full of overpowered roles. :p

The town lynched the Sane Det on D1 in order to save the Paranoid one, the Barkeeper *always* rolled a block, Investigator, Defuser, Cowboy and Sickly never managed to use their roles even once, the Apprentice gets killed on the night he learns a role... :twitch
And I'm not gonna lie, I liked and rooted for all the teams pretty much equally, but seeing the Mentor and Mentee get taken out like that... was tragic. :emocat They were so close to making it...

Lastly, the special mechanic was intended as a late-game trick to shake things up in the final phases, but since level-ups only happened at the end of Days - and between the lynch plus hostkill on D2, the Noble Lover getting taken out immediately and mafias always getting chain-killed back-to-back - it never got a chance to shine and was hardly understood :nomoar

Well, at least it didn't find a way to wreck the game (or someone 's nerves) this time, so I consider that a personal victory :whistle

I enjoyed hosting this game a lot, in no small measure thanks to @Holt and @Crescent Jinx being there to help in every aspect of the process, you guys were great. :clingy

Hope you all liked taking part in this game with a somewhat unusual setup, and don't hesitate to let us know what you thought about it. :nod
that deathmiller dying as an orange was a nice wrinkle m8

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
that deathmiller dying as an orange was a nice wrinkle m8
I was hoping to see it get revealed and watch what happened when everyone saw it, especially if Zasz (the legit red Mafia Member) had died before Brandish.

Instead, they outlasted everyone on their respective teams :XD

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Always so dramatic :nerd
You know me :rolleyes:

It would have been great fun if Lambu had protected him, won the coin flip and turned Mentee while Gry got left behind to tank the kill :e3
While it sounds fun, I don‘t think it works like that :hmm BG blocks kills, Mentor recruitment isn‘t a kill on a townie. So he‘d only tank the killing action.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Yeah, I also thought that in spite of the coinflip result (Mentor vs Mafia), Lambu would die in Gry's place, which would end uprecruited as a Mentee (either recruited first and protected last, or protected first and recruited last).

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
don't hesitate to let us know what you thought about it. :nod
You sure? :derp

The role list is interesting and could‘ve been a lot more interesting if things went differently(like the KnB game...rip). Though I still think what I said in the pad, town feels rather weak and could‘ve used changing a few roles.
Among the two mafias red is stronger due to the Det and +1 member, while 2/3 orange roles had townie counter-roles in the game. That said the Investigator wasn‘t necessary, it rarely is in 2-mafia games, so that‘d be the first townie role I‘d have changed for something else here.
Mentor was a nice twist that worked out pretty well overall, even with his sad ending.
Lovers also didn‘t have any help to motivate working together. No threesome, and while Noble can be useful for them, Poisoner not really. Could swap out the Poisoner with any other mafia role and at worst they‘re the same strengh as with Poisoner, at best much stronger. Missed chance for Assassin, or for Gambler for even stronger day control between them, or some other cool mafia role for them. They got the short end of the stick.

The extra system sadly also suffered due to bad luck with how the game went so it was hardly used. Especially the town limit breakers and mafia hunters never got to do anything, and by the time the Noble votes were unlocked everything was already over. Maybe it should‘ve activated a bit sooner? Since with keeping it for lategame it‘d only help the team that‘s ahead at the end, sealing their win.

Still a very fun game(which I only spectated :nerdbtw), though the hostkill messed with the game a bit too much. Unlucky.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Still a very fun game(which I only spectated :nerdbtw), though the hostkill messed with the game a bit too much. Unlucky.
Thanks for making me feel more guilty, Gry. I really needed that :emocat

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Thanks for making me feel more guilty, Gry. I really needed that :emocat
Not my intention, though not much I can help you with there :grumble Just reviewing what I know of the game while putting things in perspective.

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
A well-earned townie win. You guys really deserve the town sweep over the mafia. Though, the Third Party really got close to that trophy. Good job to all of you and thanks for the hosts for the game as well:hi

I did horrible, and I will admit that the fall of the orange team really started with me being inactive. While IRL really sucks, I can't really help but blame for myself for what happened. Can't help but wonder if I'll do worse in future games, assuming that I'm not ban after one game, or do well, which I hardly doubt, especially as mafia.

I'm gonna retire playing MG (at least in this site) for a very long time, not just the ones I'm ban in. I feel like a bad player in every game I've been and I need some space for a while.

I'd also like to experiment, play and spectate tons of other MG sites out there. The MG Tournament really showed me new mechanics, set-ups and playerstyles that I didn't even consider in a normal mafia game. If I want to experience different kinds, then might as well try (and probably fail at that too)

Congrats again on the townies on the win and hope you all have a wonderful day ahead.
I think you're fine. I think most players on MH are varying degrees of bad anyways, including yours truly :cheez. So, if you think you're bad at MG, then you fit right in!

Vandred

Plan Deviser
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

The role list is interesting and could‘ve been a lot more interesting if things went differently(like the KnB game...rip). Though I still think what I said in the pad, town feels rather weak and could‘ve used changing a few roles.
Among the two mafias red is stronger due to the Det and +1 member, while 2/3 orange roles had townie counter-roles in the game. That said the Investigator wasn‘t necessary, it rarely is in 2-mafia games, so that‘d be the first townie role I‘d have changed for something else here.
Mentor was a nice twist that worked out pretty well overall, even with his sad ending.
Lovers also didn‘t have any help to motivate working together. No threesome, and while Noble can be useful for them, Poisoner not really. Could swap out the Poisoner with any other mafia role and at worst they‘re the same strengh as with Poisoner, at best much stronger. Missed chance for Assassin, or for Gambler for even stronger day control between them, or some other cool mafia role for them. They got the short end of the stick.

The extra system sadly also suffered due to bad luck with how the game went so it was hardly used. Especially the town limit breakers and mafia hunters never got to do anything, and by the time the Noble votes were unlocked everything was already over. Maybe it should‘ve activated a bit sooner? Since with keeping it for lategame it‘d only help the team that‘s ahead at the end, sealing their win.

Of course :derp

Reds had a Mafia Det and an extra member, but other than the Det, their roles were quite weaker than the Yellowish. Considering they had a Mafia Bomb and the Reds also had a Lover, those are two potential "extra" kills for the Yellowish. The Reds could also be discouraged to use the vanilla member for fear of him being Unskilled, which would mean they'd have to employ the Poisoner (whose ability isn't remotely comparable to a Janitor's usefulness), while the Death Miller turning out yellowish could work in favour of the three-player team.

Investigator was included simply to see if it would actually be useful this time, while townie Defuser was put in because we wanted to add some roles that rarely see use. Same for the Sickly Townie, who had the additional bonus of being able to mess with the special mechanic.

Obviously, for one reason or another, nobody was able to doing something with those roles
But I didn't think the town had any need of additional powerful roles, especially considering that the only duplicate roles were the two Dets - which would mean a lot of legit townie claims would be more easily believed - with a Sane Apprentice to become an additional copy of any one of them.

As for the Lovers, rather than provide them with every possible advantage, we wanted to give them a potentially strong presence during the day thanks to a townie "extra voter" that could easily get confirmed as well as being a low-priority target for the scum, while the mafia Lover - since Poisoner is basically Delayed Mafia Member - would most likely be left on the sidelines as long as the Regular Mafia Member and the Strongman were around, safe from the rival Mafia Bomb and any spying/blocking role stress.

On top of that, since the couple would know whom they had targeted for a delayed kill in the later phases, they could exploit their voting advantage to the maximum with the knowledge of who would die and who would be a better target for a lynch. If both of them had unlocked their top rank bonuses, they could combine five votes on a single target to ensure a death.

That they'd need to be incentivized to work together is honestly a pointless bother for a host if you ask me, since it means the balance you crafted for the couple could go either way depending on how the players feel, and you can't even predict if having much "cooler" roles would help. I've always considered the double victory condition to be counterproductive for the Lover role, so the sooner we can get rid of it, the better. On the other hand, I can't blame the players who get a role they don't like over and over for being fed up with it...

It seems to me that you could give them whatever combo of roles you fancied, and whether they didn't want anything to do with one another or tried their best to win together, the Lovers have always ended up dying early. :grumble

About the special mechanic, that's probably true, it could have unlocked some bonuses sooner, but the two mafias, being the parties who would need to unlock the extra vote early, would unlock an extra vote for each of their remaining Limit Breaker as soon as they started a night with only two members alive, and they both went straight from three to one single member. In retrospect, making players level up at the start of day phases would probably have been a little better... But it would've likely only delayed the inevitable :p

And that's also true, the special system suffered because of the hostkill and the massacre of that double lynch too. These things just happen, I suppose. Thanks for your thoughts. :nod

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I agree more or less with Daws up there @Elusia , its not like we play this game only to make everything right. Actually, a big fun of this game comes from the screw ups from the players. :p

You just had problems of inactivity for irl issues which is inevitable and totally understandable. You just cant choose to be healthy and have the will to follow such a complex and time consuming game.
Besides in the one game you were active (RWBY) you did really great: following the players claims and talks, denying the Gambler's action on you like a badass... geez, you even blocked the ShapeShifter one night and saved a townie. :hip

So please dont underestimate yourself and come play with us when you have the chance, you are more than welcome like any other player. :hug

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
atleast i confirmed @Belserion a townie and made apprentice even more relevant along with @Erinyes
Yeah back then when i was apprentice i needed 3 nights to learn my ability that was quite tricky bc if your sensei dies or you choose the wrong one its checkmate. i managed somehow to survive i ended claiming my role, while everyone was uber suspicious on me, and learned my ability after 3 nights but was on everyone radars for next lynch .

Players : so Erin, did you learn a new role...? :heh
Erin : errr... yeah :arf
Players : So what's your new role and who was your sensei ?:heh
Erin : well how should i put this... ?

bc i ended up learning an unclaimable role (martyr)

Of course :derpObviously, for one reason or another, nobody was able to doing something with those roles
But I didn't think the town had any need of additional powerful roles, especially considering that the only duplicate roles were the two Dets - which would mean a lot of legit townie claims would be more easily believed - with a Sane Apprentice to become an additional copy of any one of them.

Dame Van-kun i did blow an awesome doc with my god-level-noble-bomb

:catshrug

Last edited:

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
:confetti
Van and Holt were best cohosts.

I mean... look at my kitten’s name :lovebunny
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Would do a game with you two any time!
--- Double Post Merged, ---

That book :derp

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Van and Holt were best cohosts.

I mean... look at my kitten’s name :lovebunny
Would do a game with you two any time!
I'm so disppointed in you @Crescent Jinx :errr i expected you to call it "Goddess-Bomby" or "Erin' flashboom" tssss

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I'm so disppointed in you @Crescent Jinx :errr i expected you to call it Goddess-Bomby or Erin' flashboom tssss

Good names :XD:XD:XD

:dancin I did think about female player names. The only one she answered to was the name Farfalla :feelsbadman who didn’t play my game. So here we are :lambirb

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I held back, only because you‘re one of the hosts :hmph And the only one that didn‘t troll us in the pads.
Proof that GrySun can be sweet :blush
c_c but hey, I was too people in the crowd having fun with your game!
Lol she does answer to the name Farfalla. Mafia and Farfalla. Guess the “a” and the “f” sound

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Proof that GrySun can be sweet :blush
You needed proof for that? :SOON Aight.. :notamused

As for the Lovers, rather than provide them with every possible advantage, we wanted to give them a potentially strong presence during the day thanks to a townie "extra voter" that could easily get confirmed as well as being a low-priority target for the scum, while the mafia Lover - since Poisoner is basically Delayed Mafia Member - would most likely be left on the sidelines as long as the Regular Mafia Member and the Strongman were around, safe from the rival Mafia Bomb and any spying/blocking role stress.

On top of that, since the couple would know whom they had targeted for a delayed kill in the later phases, they could exploit their voting advantage to the maximum with the knowledge of who would die and who would be a better target for a lynch. If both of them had unlocked their top rank bonuses, they could combine five votes on a single target to ensure a death.

That they'd need to be incentivized to work together is honestly a pointless bother for a host if you ask me, since it means the balance you crafted for the couple could go either way depending on how the players feel, and you can't even predict if having much "cooler" roles would help. I've always considered the double victory condition to be counterproductive for the Lover role, so the sooner we can get rid of it, the better. On the other hand, I can't blame the players who get a role they don't like over and over for being fed up with it...

It seems to me that you could give them whatever combo of roles you fancied, and whether they didn't want anything to do with one another or tried their best to win together, the Lovers have always ended up dying early. :grumble
I suppose the rest is a matter of perspective, but I'd like to say two things about the Lover thing.

-A lot of people actually use their Poisoner early on N1 one time, then forget about him til the end of the game. So if he's left on the sidelines it'd be after night 1 or night 2. And even if we ignore that, the Lover player is still in theory the most likely to be selected for kills regardless of his role, because of what you said about their fear for Zasz being Unskilled, and with Strongman being a 1-shot and Mafia Det being so valuable, many would most likely resort to either poison usage or having him kill normally, so in that setting I don't think he'd be left safe from blocks/investigations.

-The incentivise thing is a minor part of giving them a good combo, the bigger reason to bother with it is to increase their chances from 0 to something. Like I tried with the Jesus, but then the other Lover got killed :emocat Sure they're very often unlucky, but that's just chance. Eventually they have to be lucky(right?), and that's when having a good combo will come into play. Or having a threesome. Shouldn't give up on it just because they often don't make it.

And I agree with getting rid of their other win condition, already tried testing that the other game but that test got @Holt-ished. Though even if they had assassin + jesus again in your game they'd probably still not play together, that was just you being unlucky with those two being lovers again... Which would bring us back to the randomizer talks for Lovers :rolleyes: But that talk is at an impasse so doubt there'll be any conclusions from that. Maybe the win condition change, + praying the two stop being lovers, is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.