Games - Mafia Game 66 - Hunter x Hunter: End game | Page 99 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 66 - Hunter x Hunter: End game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
It was balanced out no? You had even had a night to recruit potential traitors.

And besides, it was all of town that bought into this system; the amount of names on the list received was the only tweak to the rule and it applied to all of town (except hardy); everyone was confirming the same rule. And everyone responded with one of two obvious answers; 'I have one name' or 'I have no name'. You were the only one that claimed three names and it stuck out like a sore thumb. I opted for 1 over 3 for some reasons stated before, but also stuff like 'easier to keep track of names' and 'easier to confirm sanity'.

Don't get me wrong; I fully understand your point, but without giving up the element of surprise, I thought this would be the best and fairest way to go about it. I'll definitely take this critique into consideration for next time, as always.
So he could find out and he did (because like 10 people said I have one name, why defy that trend?), and he could have recruited someone that'd confirm that real traitors also receive just one name. From there he could even deduce that real traitors get real names.
Haven't talked about balance, but about you not following rules.

I really don't think you understand the point if you brush it off with "could have"'s... Yeah I could have waited until everyone claimed, but why do I have to? Changing rules without announcing it can only end with someone unlucky trying to fake the claim and screw himself over. In this game it'd be anyone too eager and opportunistic seeing the system early and wanting to take part instead of waiting. And it just so happens that I played. And when I claimed 3 names there weren't 10 people, only James, only later playing along and giving out player names. You probably mixed those two up.
And then you're wondering how come no mafias played along with the Traitor system, when it's too unreliable and not worth it to try faking a claim of something you made up. At least not until much more people claim it and there's some safe pattern.

It's better having 1 name for everyone in such a system, but there's just no excuse for you not saying that change at the start. I shouldn't have to wait for everyone to reveal or assume you're not following rules.
The element of surprise didn't even exist for you to try and preserve it. Rule 2 already made it obvious there's a lot of secondary roles, I think I even said that in a Day 1 post that we're all Traitors, then talked more about it with Demon. It'd have been a bigger secret if instead of rule 2 you just said the new Traitor description. But you didn't care enough and now give me these answers instead of making me think you'll know better for next time... Kind of easy to lose trust in a host like this.

Well the rules say the names are randomized, not the amount of names. And even then, with everyone saying they got one name, I just don't see the merit of saying 'hey guys, everyone is in the dark over getting one name, but I, a doc, got three names!'
They only say that for naive traitor. Real Traitor says it have to be all names.

I'm probably just wasting both of our times and this isn't leading anywhere.

Was a fun game overall, thanks for hosting.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
All the bar keepers were traitors... Panda is trying to teach us to never trust a person giving us drinks?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Holy shit RNG saved Holt's ass SO HARD
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Funny that Empty's redirect fucked her own team '-'
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Damn I was double killed :8C

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Haven't talked about balance, but about you not following rules.

I really don't think you understand the point if you brush it off with "could have"'s... Yeah I could have waited until everyone claimed, but why do I have to? Changing rules without announcing it can only end with someone unlucky trying to fake the claim and screw himself over. In this game it'd be anyone too eager and opportunistic seeing the system early and wanting to take part instead of waiting. And it just so happens that I played. And when I claimed 3 names there weren't 10 people, only James, only later playing along and giving out player names. You probably mixed those two up.
And then you're wondering how come no mafias played along with the Traitor system, when it's too unreliable and not worth it to try faking a claim of something you made up. At least not until much more people claim it and there's some safe pattern.

It's better having 1 name for everyone in such a system, but there's just no excuse for you not saying that change at the start. I shouldn't have to wait for everyone to reveal or assume you're not following rules.
Not everyone has to reveal for you to mention 1 name. But you and Demon figured out the system super early (all the other mafia claimed 'I have no name' long after the fact btw, so you jumped the gun but they didn't fire in the first place). And the whole point of this system was that it was super reliable lmao, it was 100% worth mixing in because there was a very low cost of doing so. And as for 'having' too... No, you didn't 'have' to do go with it, nor did you have to do something exotic. Well, it'd be poor form of a host to keep stressing 'you made a misplay' when your point isn't invalid. I'll be very careful with distorting rules next time, rest assured.

The element of surprise didn't even exist for you to try and preserve it. Rule 2 already made it obvious there's a lot of secondary roles, I think I even said that in a Day 1 post that we're all Traitors, then talked more about it with Demon.

It'd have been a bigger secret if instead of rule 2 you just said the new Traitor description. But you didn't care enough and now give me these answers instead of making me think you'll know better for next time... Kind of easy to lose trust in a host like this.
Sure, I could have done one thing over the other, I just thought about it and decided this would be more interesting. Without there'd be no build up, no James revealing the system, no hunt to figure out if everyone indeed just had one name.

Look, I'd rather you say 'this was a poor decision' than 'you don't care'. I make bad decisions all the time but it's kind of distasteful. It's actually incredibly uncouth; why the fuck would we come up with these rules, roles and edits if we didn't care about the player experience?

They only say that for naive traitor. Real Traitor says it have to be all names.
btw, your strategy, as the 'doctor', then was to make yourself look like a traitor? You said it was 200iq, kinda interested in what you were going for. Exploiting the fact that you'd be seen as super shady for producing a list over a name and try to take some with you?

I'm probably just wasting both of our times and this isn't leading anywhere.

Was a fun game overall, thanks for hosting.
I'll say this much then;I understand the issue you raise and next time I do something like this, I'll likely announce it in public on the thread, rather than hope earnest game play brings about result like it did this time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
All the bar keepers were traitors... Panda is trying to teach us to never trust a person giving us drinks?
If after the fact the you can't walk properly, you can't reason properly!

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wait, if all BKs were real traitors, how did Crescent die in Night 1? Was that due the Insane Doc?

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well I also think stating how the traitor works would have helped a lot... but it would have also killed the surprise effect of the system. Claiming to be a traitor as mafia was too risky of a move for D2 though, as mafia I was even sold on Gry being a true traitor go figure, townies had a major way of confirming themselves with it. :noworry

Still very enjoyable game design. @Copy Panda your reference of that experiment and Kellogg's philosophy was truly 200iq :edu :gent

Hmm lambu is janitor and bomb defuser......hmmm
Im always the Janitor, I just passed the cleaning powers to syx.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Fu, Empty :hmph
Did she lie? :lmao Didn‘t know what you meant when you asked before about some greg target, hadn’t followed game fully.

Look, I'd rather you say 'this was a poor decision' than 'you don't care'. I make bad decisions all the time but it's kind of distasteful. It's actually incredibly uncouth; why the fuck would we come up with these rules, roles and edits if we didn't care about the player experience?
Nah didn’t mean that, so far I’ve never seen a host who didn’t put quite a lot of effort into making his game nice. Meant that you don‘t care much about fully following rules/procedures, your hosting is more free spirited like that I guess.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Good thing the game starts when I come back, or I would have bad problems playing too. Hopefully the good luck remains :hip

Status
Not open for further replies.