Games Mafia Game 84 - MH Hydra - END GAME

Did you enjoy the game and did you play poorly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Purity of Magi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
China
A bit of a flashback of this game

Basically Takuans Lynch being discussed in a nutshell

Confirmed townie basically yet still pointed as suspicious

How to throw a game

Deadpad talk:

How the game basically ended:

How to use logic and gain trust in Raven style

What have we learned?

Nothing.

Mafia game basically

Last edited:

Farfalla

Antisocial Butterfly~
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Ah ok, we were actually tidy so it was easy to make the final updates. Here are the lists:

Santa Gifts (Permanent Role Changes):
  • Mason
  • Mason
  • Doctor (Sane if Town)
  • Spy (Sane)
  • Spirit Medium

And yes mafia was pink just cause pink = pretty red

Last edited:

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Noona is a mother, wife and employee who is being counted upon. I have business, university and family to see to. In between these activities, we managed to plan enough time to design and host a game. Then players stop posting, and we didn't give a shit?? After the avi's, comics and balancing, we're responsible for making sure the players play too?? Should we just post for them as well?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm not saying it's any single players fault (had town not recreationally sacrificed their traps, the situation could have been avoided entirely), and even if there were misplays, with or without personal circumstance, it can happen and I don't hold it against anyone really

But how tf can you say we didn't give a shit ç__ç
im gonna say it again, you guys did a wonderful job hosting this. riki have 2 jobs, i work 10 to 12h a day, trying to put the hosts at fault for not being able to make 3 post a day is just incomprehensible to me. this is a typical case of give something to someone everyday out of courtesy and he'll start to believe you own him something. I'm looking forward to your next game and don't let anyone ruin your day with this nonsense :cop

Erinyes

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

@James Rye
new roles to be considered :arf
- Mafia Judas
- Hes a regular mafia, but he plays pro-townies, his role is to prevent his team from winning, Judas wins alone (no Townie wants a judas on their side :catshrug ) when he lynches half of his team.
- MG Diplomat- No affiliation , his role is to sort out issues between all parties including hosts, but if necessary he got access to the red button and can nuke all the players. :errr

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
im gonna say it again, you guys did a wonderful job hosting this. riki have 2 jobs, i work 10 to 12h a day, trying to put the hosts at fault for not being able to make 3 post a day is just incomprehensible to me. this is a typical case of give something to someone everyday out of courtesy and he'll start to believe you own him something. I'm looking forward to your next game and don't let anyone ruin your day with this nonsense :cop
:cop :cop :cop

@James Rye
new roles to be considered :arf
- Mafia Judas
- Hes a regular mafia, but he plays pro-townies, his role is to prevent his team from winning, Judas wins alone (no Townie wants a judas on their side :catshrug ) when he lynches half of his team.
- MG Diplomat- No affiliation , his role is to sort out issues between all parties including hosts, but if necessary he got access to the red button and can nuke all the players. :errr
Mafia Mosquito - A normal Mafia member, that can dodge lynch at day
Townie Mosquito spray - A normal townie that can kill Mafia mosquito with just his vote.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Out with Vindred and in with DD Raven I say '3'
DD Raven?

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I think its time for the council to discuss if Vandred can still be considered as a council member. Influencing the players with such low presence attitude and dismotivation is not how it should be done to begin with. I am more baffled he is a moderator tho. Anyway, I would like to have tomorrow at noon a meeting with @GrySun @Farfalla @Copy Panda @Hardy @Lambu and @Evil3ye about this matter.

There has to be stop for him, we cannot let it go any further. This is influencing the MG rules. Council members like Vandred are not meant to be a council member till he has improved his attitude and approaches to members.
No @digitaldude in your list? Wow, take that lol

Demonspeed

Spider #2
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I died D1 is there even an option for me there? 🤔

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
There's certainly nothing wrong with tagging people every time you notice they're about to get penalties, in my opinion.

Depends on how the host wants to handle infractions - to me, yours is a perfect example of how a player can get busy and lose track of when a day's ending and whether they've posted enough or not (see Asako thinking two posts and a half was enough), which is understandably a rather regular occurrence in our games, been there myself on both sides - and being helpful rather than punitive is a better mindset in general as it helps the game proceed as smoothly as possible. Calling it a "courtesy" rule doesn't mean you're only doing them a favour (which is a nice thing already), you're doing it to everyone involved, players and hosts.

But in my opinion it definitely would be the best practice to tag players when you know they're about to get hostkilled, or end the whole game for everyone like in this case. Adding extra votes to a lynch can already be decisive, but the most game-damaging events are what a host does have a responsibility to try and avoid, because a single afker can ruin the game for everyone else. Especially when all that's required is a simple PM or tag in the thread because it wasn't even a matter of afking but naively believing the game would end. That's all I was saying.

Not sure what the rest of the argument is about anymore. I already stated that there isn't much that could be done if you only had time to close the day and would have tried avoiding this outcome otherwise, that reply about not giving a shit was to Hardy's post implying it's all the players' fault and hosts should not give a shit @Copy Panda
Though seemingly unpopular opinion right now and against 'hosts did a great job'-sentiment - which they did, Vandred has valid point. Penality votes are super interuptive and especially in later phases game decisive, as perfectly demonstrated here. Moreover, it is not understandable from player's perspective why you guys were calling out non-voters in day phase 1, and 2 and possibily later with direct @ tags before days ended, why it wasn't performed here in time.

There should be consistancy throught the individual games at least. I understand that later game phases are a bore as nothing happening at all and you just want it to get over with, but this decided the game, whereas it should have been the players votes.

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
It is our responsibility to make sure players vote and post??? A duo needs to be reminded to vote and post? In the early game, sure, but in the late game I don't think I've ever seen someone get penalized for inactivity when they were before, let alone if they are TWO players per unit. So FOUR people didn't post enough over the course of a FULL day but it's the hosts fault?? :scry
Is it rly reasonable to believe that after days dedicated to the game we just decided that we'd ignore last minutes warnings (when we were giving them before) to make the game a frustration to all involved ones, including us? XD
Makes sense... But I dunno. Still sus.

Clear lie. Votekill Panda
Votelock Farf

Let's go for a double and see if their teammates come and save em.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Now that I'm calm
Why was it 2 penalty ?
It was only 1 violation so shouldn't it be just 1 penalty ?

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Now that I'm calm
Why was it 2 penalty ?
It was only 1 violation so shouldn't it be just 1 penalty ?
Iirc they set new penalty rules for this game, penalizing for each head.

Was probably meant to motivate people to play but...

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
But like, if each head get a penalty then that defy the mechanic, it suppose to be two people in one sharing everything, so penalty system should been the same as for one person

All players will form pairs (units) and in-game share their vote(s), day/night action(s), penalties, role(s) as well as their fate.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
i just remembered the penalties now, i dont keep track of the host rules when I'm playing brandish :/
should at least mention it if there was a change in penalties first post

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
i just remembered the penalties now, i dont keep track of the host rules when I'm playing brandish :/
should at least mention it if there was a change in penalties first post
In the post we gave out the first penalties we mentioned as much though