Games Mafia Game 94 - Magi: The Crests of Magic - END GAME

Who do you consider the MVP of this game?

• Holt

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • + Holt

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • - Holt

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • -/+ Holt

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • GrySun

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Belserion

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Erinwet

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Hardy

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Evil3ye

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Pando

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Boobyfosh

• Haya-san

• Margi

• Desin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scary Sakura

• Hermit

• Seraph

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Seiko

• Marma

• Distrustedspeed

• DD

• Pompom-chan

• Jinx

• Big nose shinobi

• James

• Shobu Oak

• Equaling Hell

• Asako and Threeson

• Total voters

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Good it's only one kill, but since Panda was asking for votes, I was kinda expecting him to get some protection, so inattentive killer and inattentive protectors?
I saw that DD got one vessel but missed it if someone else did it as well. I didn't get in any dungeon. And with that maybe we could start hinting? A good portion of magicians, by elimination, is rather clear. I'll go ahead and say I used my role in the previous game comp.
And people setting Holt over Hermit y'day wasn't just a casual thing, imo. All of the late Holt voters had been around during the day, so it's a bit weird for them to collectively make up their minds on the same thing in the last mins. And before you keep wrongly whining about it, EH, saying we were setting you up for some reason would make sense if Holt had flipped scum, as in people would have been trying to save him. I voted for you with my own reasons which I even said were minor, and that didn't implicate you per se, but you started to get more votes after people started to put Holt in the chop block with Hermit.

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Also, there was a dungeon that had only 4 people? Does that mean not enough went for the dungeons? What about the other dungeons? Did they have 5 people?
Yep. Mine did had 5 members. Sent the list a few posts ago

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Just one kill either means we got one big Mafia or that a lot of Mafia joined the dungeons in night 1 for whatever reason or that someone got recruited. With so many Gois aka Vanilla Townies I would expect a sleeper among them. Or we had a Mentor getting a Mentee. If it is only one Mafia then they are pretty big and might have 1-2 or maybe even 3 Gois depending on their size and the role set-up hosts had planned for this match.
thank you for bringing that, i thought too, either someone was successfully protected, or a mafia kill missed, or someone was recruited, or mafia got an assassin. I highly doubt theres only one killing party.

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Holt wasn’t around to defend himself. He was an easy lynch to either save Hermit or just because. But hermit was feeling a bit too weird as a lynch target. Shobu was a better candidate on D1 in hindsight after a reread.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
I also found it strange and agree some of the names look top for mafia kills, but if Panda was not a bodyguard and he died, we should check who he was suspecting and what he said that alerted mafos or tp.
He was goi, doesn't the vessel take a phase to be equipped? He couldn't be BG.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Not that I am aware of. Like hasn't he said something that made it quite clear that he was a Goi? Why would Mafia go for that instead of people who claimed to have roles aka be Magicians?
I was thinking that too. Aiming at the goi is essentially aiming in the dark even to disrupt the metal vessel part. But the magicians are good target candidates. Is there anyone in the game that had a beef with panda?

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
13 dungeon goers, 9 who didn‘t. What is likely to have more mafias? Given let‘s say, 6 scum.
If it is one big Mafia then there are two ways they could have gone about it. Either send in one of 3 potential Gois to gather intel on who was in the three dungeons and possibly get a Vessel. Or send in 3 of their teams in one dungeon to 100% gain a Vessel on their own.
Since this was a day 1 decision and they didn't had a change to discuss any plans I assume it is the first version since the Mafia Gois most likely used pms to join the dungeons thus "telling" the rest of the mafia of their plan without breaking any rules.
We should check who switched dungeons as in what dungeon they claimed they would visit during the day and they actually ended up at night, same with players who didn't said anything but still ended in a dungeon meaning they have sent a pm with their choice.

Also, Gry, we should ask hosts if the Vessel is given before or after the kill action since Panda died a Goi. If it is given before the kill action then Panda should have died as a Vessel/Role not as Goi meaning someone else from your group gained a Vessel. Which ofc potentially includes you but surely you wouldn't lie about not receiving one, right?

@Asako @SonOfDaws Are Vessels handed out before or after kill actions take place?

MarmaladeSky

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Yeah agreed with that. Surely we would have seen his role if he had one already...
So perhaps mafia thought he might have been a magician (can't remember if he stated he was goi/magician?) or saw him as a threat

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
2. their thoughts on end of day 1
My thoughts on end day 1 voting left me suspicious a couple of people, including EH, Hermit, James, and a couple others to some degree.

The way I recall it started rolling after Farfalla placing a second vote on EH after Pompom's first.

Hermit did a self-defense vote and went for someone inactive with a vote and chose Holt (why not EH who had one more vote?).
Then, consecutively Scary Noona and Margi voted Holt saying they feel bad lynching a noobie (Hermit, although he is not?), and prefer an inactive.
After was an anti-train on EH building (vote by Gry), and while having the chance to also self defent by voting for Holt or Hermit EH chose Farfalla (with zero votes)?!
Hardy voted then on EH as well, and James went after to lock on Holt leaving him to further the lead and killing him.

Meanwhile Marmalade abstained and voted for myself saying she doesn't wanna decide, and desin also present didn't vote at all.

So, most stand-outish for me were EH and James, as well as Scary and Margi (who both gave reasons though)

What about your thoughts

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
@James Rye can I ask why you felt the need to votelock Holt? You said in your first vote post that you preferred two votes on him than on Gry but Gry was out of danger near the end of the day and there was an obvious train forming on Holt yet you felt the need to cement it. Just curious.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Angola
About the Holt thing, I will add my own two cents to it as well. My vote on him was purely out of self preservation. I was going to be lynched, so I looked at the people with the most votes, and Holt was just behind me (Well I tied it with my lock vote). Was going to either lock on him or Crescent Jinx, since she also had a locked vote.

I'm not goi either and voted for you lmao
Oh.
I thought whoever gets the metal vessel was based on majority vote, for some reason. Welp. Guess I will reread that part of the rules this time.

Btw, I am also not goi, so I cannot self vote. @Evil3ye

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I have to run now, will be back in a couple hours.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Also, there was a dungeon that had only 4 people? Does that mean not enough went for the dungeons? What about the other dungeons? Did they have 5 people?
It just means that some dungeons might have had 6 or even 7 players who wanted to join so some were left out and that this dungeon only ended up with 4 players. People cannot be sure after all in which dungeon who actually enters as they could change their actual target via pm. I think this is what happened.

I'm not goi either and voted for you lmao
Lol, so that means it came down to 1-1-0 (everybody trusts erin who would have won with 2 votes XD) and a 50/50 between you and Digi. That guy is such a lucker.

thank you for bringing that, i thought too, either someone was successfully protected, or a mafia kill missed, or someone was recruited, or mafia got an assassin. I highly doubt theres only one killing party.
If there is only one killing party it would mean that Mafia is pretty big on their own and might even need those Vessel roles as they wouldn't get townie roles obviously plus their extreme magic would probably include stuff like extra kills, extra blocks and other stuff that makes it harder for us to deal with them. Heck, for all we know they could like all be Gois with a Mafia Boss on top meaning they really want those Vessels else they would only be able to do normal kills, nothing special.

He was goi, doesn't the vessel take a phase to be equipped? He couldn't be BG.
I'm pretty sure that when you die with a role you won't be revealed as a goi only.
That's why I asked hosts about this matter. If Panda died as Goi with the "item" Vessel that he had yet to equip to change his role then he could have won in his dungeon with his own vote and with gry's vote. I do not really see Panda as a self-voter though he knew that Gry declared his vote openly for him, so he might have done so in order to increase his chances of gaining a Vessel. Still makes me wonder why Mafia chose him since for all they know anyone else could have won in that group...

I was thinking that too. Aiming at the goi is essentially aiming in the dark even to disrupt the metal vessel part. But the magicians are good target candidates. Is there anyone in the game that had a beef with panda?
The only reason I can imagine a Goi snipe would be if Mafia knew that Panda had a lot of votes on him and they saw a chance to gain a quick Vessel even with a low vote aka self-vote or 2 votes due a Mafia buddy supporting the Mafia Goi.

Life dungeon had Gry, Scary Noona, Panda and Margi. 4 people. Panda died, Gry claims to have voted for Panda as he had declared during D1. The other two have voted for Holt last day late in the game. If both are Mafia then it is possible that they didn't wanted to risk a 50/50 like it had happened with digi and marm and take down the competition. On one hand that makes sense on the other hand that is one hell of a risky and revealing play but I think this is the first match of Noona and Margi, so maybe that's what happened?
But if they got a Veteran player with them that guy/gal should have told them to lay low, because 5 players is an even tighter group than 9 outside of the dungeons. Again though, I cannot see any other reason why Mafia would kill Panda except to keep town from gaining new roles and extreme magic abilities.

MarmaladeSky

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Oh.
I thought whoever gets the metal vessel was based on majority vote, for some reason. Welp. Guess I will reread that part of the rules this time.

Btw, I am also not goi, so I cannot self vote. @Evil3ye
Yeah thought so too. I think under normal circumstances that would have happened, but considering three out of four weren’t goi…

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Day 2!
Countdown

Day 2 Votes
James Rye x 5 <<< Erinyes (#918), Farfalla(#1004), Belserion (#1114), MarmaladeSky (#1118), Hermit (#1164)

Shobu_Yoruichi x 4 <<< shinobi(#955), desin24 (#1006), Haya-san(#1143), Hardy (#1151)

Desin x 2 <<< Penalty Vote, James Rye (#815)

Shinobi x 2 <<< Seraph (#858), MArGi (#990)

Hermit x 2 <<< Demonspeed (#1069), Lady pompom (#1105)

Seraph x 1 <<< Penalty Vote

Brandish x 1 <<< Digitaldude (#816)

Demonspeed x 1 <<< Scary Noona (#821)

Crescent Jinx x 1 <<< Shobu_Yoruichi (#848)

MarmaladeSky x 1 <<< Brandish (#883)

GrySun x 1 <<< Evil3ye(#1015)

Evil3ye x 1 <<< Crescent Jinx (#1132)

Equaling Heaven x 0 <<< Evil3ye (#833)

Lady Pompom x 0 <<< Hardy (#861), Erinyes (#875)

Seraph has received a minor violation for note voting on Day 1.
Desin24 has received a minor violation for note voting on Day 1.

GrySun has caught a bad case of magic covid and cannot vote today.

New dungeons have appeared!
Dungeons
  • Players can enter the dungeon and vote on which Goi gets a chance to get a Metal Vessel
    • A list of players in the dungeon they’re in is sent at the end of the day phase
    • Voting is privately done in PMs
    • Rukh can influence the outcome
  • Entry means the player cannot have performed a day action that day and can’t perform a night action (including killing).
  • Will appear at the start of every day phase until there are no more dungeons left
    • Player capacity for each will be revealed the same day
  • Each has an element corresponding to the type of Metal Vessel the dungeon offers
The 4th Dungeon
Element: Lightning - Negate
The 5th Dungeon
Element: Lightning - Negate
The 6th Dungeon
Element: Water - Gain

Player limit per dungeon: 3
Host Note: Tracking dungeon selection requests in the thread has proved to be very time consuming. To help make phase closings and openings quicker going forward, we will only be accepting dungeon requests via PMs.

Last edited by a moderator:

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
@James Rye can I ask why you felt the need to votelock Holt? You said in your first vote post that you preferred two votes on him than on Gry but Gry was out of danger near the end of the day and there was an obvious train forming on Holt yet you felt the need to cement it. Just curious.
Because when I wrote that post I had like 30 secs and was scrolling quickly through the thread and the whole voting list hasn't been updated to me yet. Like I told Asako she overlooked Noona's votechange and Asako told me after my votelock that it was there in the list. We all know that Mafia and other townies tend to switch aka votelock their votes during the last seconds which can cause massive changes. So when I saw someone, didn't even realized who, vote for EH I believed that someone was trying to save Holt and doubled down on my vote on him since there would be 3-4 votelocks needed to overtake Holt. That's why.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Angola
4th and 5th dungeons have the same name....
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm assuming that is normal?