Games Mafia Game 94 - Magi: The Crests of Magic - END GAME

Who do you consider the MVP of this game?

• Holt

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • + Holt

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • - Holt

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • -/+ Holt

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • GrySun

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Belserion

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Erinwet

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Hardy

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Evil3ye

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Pando

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Boobyfosh

• Haya-san

• Margi

• Desin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scary Sakura

• Hermit

• Seraph

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Seiko

• Marma

• Distrustedspeed

• DD

• Pompom-chan

• Jinx

• Big nose shinobi

• James

• Shobu Oak

• Equaling Hell

• Asako and Threeson

• Total voters

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I think they are night pads. On the other hand the mechanic doesn't say that we have to fill it with a certain number of people.

This part in bold got me thinkin, tho.
" Who gets the Metal Vessel is decided based on the votes via PMs of those who entered the dungeon and the Rukh of those who have since passed. "

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Look at me. Got to be queen last game and this game too. :blush

Now all of you :doge:handgun bow to me!!!!!

Especially Grysun:gar:handgun

That‘s a lotta rules text.

I‘m the best character of the show btw, for those that are unfamiliar with Magi.
More like the one that can't do anything right:toc except for being hot

I see you’re going to try to kill me all game? With your bare hands?

That said !votekill Gyokuen
.....so aggressive on D1 but that’s enough.

V
O
T
E
K
I
L
L

Hakuryuu

:fan

Just remember Purity of Magi made me what I am today.

Arba such a controller :teehee
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Non-magicians.
Magi's equivalent of a Muggle.
In-universe it‘s a non-magic user. In-game it‘s prolly refering to either roleless people or non-Magis?
You 3 posted at the same moment. I’m impressed at this timing. Demon had best answer tho
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Not game related but I just want to share a picture of the house (with my dog) I just bought.

Start moving tomorrow.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

what about me, OG loli granny magi?!
You mean Mavis? :rolleyes:

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile

What? Everybody sleeps when i'm awake?

Posting now to make sure my boi Cassim looks gorgeous.

Uff, @Valhalla my man!! What a great job. I chose him for our talk about volume covers, and i couldn't ask for anything else.

I love his style.

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
So the voting is via PM in the dungeons this time, and did i read it right that dead people can also vote?

Who gets the Metal Vessel is decided based on the votes via PMs of those who entered the dungeon and the Rukh of those who have since passed.
Still a little bit confused how we will know who are the goi in the dungeons that will want to be voted for. Guessing it will be night pads where the players will campaign/ask for votes? 🤔

Brandish μ

Landi shipper
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Just lurking the thread...

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Day 1 Start!
Countdown

Day 1 Votes

Holt x 5 <<< Erinyes (#114), James Rye (#268/#459), Hermit(#402),Scary Noona(#414), MArGi (#422),

Equaling Heaven X 4 <<< Lady pompom (#347), Farfalla (#356), GrySun(#430), Hardy(#457)

Hermit x 2 <<< Brandish (#192), Equaling Heaven (#226), Hardy(#330)

Demonspeed x 1 <<< Copy Panda (#45), Scary Noona (#180)

Crescent Jinx x 1 <<< GrySun (#32), Evil3ye (#331)

Brandish x 1 <<<Hermit (#41), Haya-san(#352)

Copy Panda x 1 <<< Digitaldude (#5)

GrySun x 1 <<< Evil3ye (#75), Crescent Jinx (#103)

Digitaldude x 1 <<< Shobu_Yoruichi (#149)

Haya-san x 1 <<< Demonspeed (#218)

Shinobi x 1 <<< Belserion (#235)

Belserion X 1 <<< Shinobi (#303)

Evil3ye X 1
<<< MarmaladeSky (#433)

Farfalla X 1 <<< Equaling Heaven (#442)

New dungeons have appeared!
Dungeons
Every day phase until there are no more dungeons left, metal vessel dungeons appear in the game and each has an element.

By using their action for the day and following night, a player can enter the dungeon and vote on which Goi gets a chance to get a Metal Vessel. This means players entering a dungeon cannot use their role ability, if any, that day phase or night phase, but can vote in the dungeon that night.

Who gets the Metal Vessel is decided based on the votes via PMs of those who entered the dungeon and the Rukh of those who have since passed.
The 1st Dungeon
Element: Life - Start
The 2nd Dungeon
Element: Wind - Clairvoyance
The 3rd Dungeon
Element: Sound - Word

Player limit per dungeon: 5

Last edited by a moderator:

Haya-san

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
After reading the rules again, I understood that everyone (because it says a player) can enter a dungeon, but only a goi player can get a metal vessel. Magicians can't get a MV, but they can become magis. Maybe 'rukh' are the votes placed by the players?

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Why did i got only a class D version of sinbad 50 games ago @Evil3ye ? :twitch
Forgot to address this jab at my past works, but wth Erin you meanie :biblethump :handgun

Half a day almost passed, I expect a crazier second half to come, as it hopefully will be more convenient time-wise for most players.

You mean Mavis? :rolleyes:
Is this one of these chicken and egg scenarios?

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Figured I'd do a quick response to some mechanics related questions about the game before bed.

So does the 3 Magi having roles mean that only 3 of us have roles, or that literally the 3 Magi avatars have roles? Aladdin, Judar and Yunan.
All Magi are magicians, but while all magicians have a role at the start, not all magicians are Magi. No Magi are selected in the game until after Day 2. How they're selected is unknown to the masses.

Those that enter and clear dungeons, can leave a vote/s for a person of their choosing in the PM to the Host/s in which they made their challenge for a dungeon in order to determine who gets an Ability/Action.

Or at least that's my current understanding of the mechanic.
Pretty much, anyone that wants to enter the dungeon and vote on who gets the Metal Vessel (role ability and Extreme Magic ability) can.

Maybe because it's my first time playing the game, but I'm still confused about the special mechanics, like, what determines who's magician and who's goi? Do we go by the manga's definition, like, certain characters were classified in the manga as gois, or are they decided by the hosts?
Everyone is told at the start via PM what their role is and that includes whether they are a magician or a Goi.

Hosts, will there be a track list made by yourselves showing who goes to where or is it up to us like the last game?
At the end of a day phase with dungeons in it, all the players in a particular dungeon get PMed a list of players in the dungeon and each player can vote of any of them through their own personal PMs.

So the voting is via PM in the dungeons this time, and did i read it right that dead people can also vote?

Still a little bit confused how we will know who are the goi in the dungeons that will want to be voted for. Guessing it will be night pads where the players will campaign/ask for votes? 🤔
No night pads for dungeons! You all from the Sacred World of Uga Land might be built different, but us from Alma Torran need time to sleep.

While all players in a dungeon get a list of the other players in said dungeon at the end of the day phase, players will have to sort out who is worth voting for themselves.

Speaking of sleep...

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
While all players in a dungeon get a list of the other players in said dungeon at the end of the day phase, players will have to sort out who is worth voting for themselves.
Well all right, that puts mafia in a huge advantage then. We should discuss and have a clear picture of how to do things during the days then, to better organize and try to minimize the mafia impact. Lists who goes where might help to start with

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Well all right, that puts mafia in a huge advantage then. We should discuss and have a clear picture of how to do things during the days then, to better organize and try to minimize the mafia impact. Lists who goes where might help to start with
im in dungeon 2

Brandish μ

Landi shipper
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Read those mechanics four times over and I'm still horribly confused. :huh:

I guess for now I will !votekill Sinbad

Can't trust those singularities :nah
You'd prefer David right? :heh

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
Would it really help though? Maybe later when we get a clearer view of who might be mafia or not but right now, for this D1 dungeon, we better leave it to luck?
Cause, correct me if I'm wrong, but the mafias know who they are but haven't had the opportunity to talk to each other or draw some sort of strategy for these mechanics yet so is it really that interesting to give them a chance to know who's going where?

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Would it really help though? Maybe later when we get a clearer view of who might be mafia or not but right now, for this D1 dungeon, we better leave it to luck?
Cause, correct me if I'm wrong, but the mafias know who they are but haven't had the oppportunity to talk to each other or draw some sort of strategy for these mechanics yet so is it really that interesting to give them a chance to know who's going where?
I'm not sure if leaving things to luck with a party that has the upper hand on information side is a great idea, though it is true that they didn't have had any chance to talk and align yet.

However, we already saw multiple people saying where they're going. It takes only one of them to give the direction and the others might follow silently if they so choose to (or don't choose to, haven't really thought about it yet what even would be the best mafia strategy here). Either way I think keeping track of those claims might not be the wrongest course of actions we have now.

I'm not say I'm making the lists though. Not like I'm volunteering to die first again haha

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
the mafias know who they are but haven't had the opportunity to talk to each other or draw some sort of strategy for these mechanics yet so is it really that interesting to give them a chance to know who's going where?
They will figure eventually since there will be votes, and of course they can even make sure one of them get voted, ofc that works better at later stages of the game when theres less players, but yeah mafia has advantage here. Considering this setting, i think theres likely 2 or maybe even 3 killing parties ( likely 2 mafias and maybe 3rd party like lovers or mentors) there might be some masons too, maybe.

I'm not say I'm making the lists though. Not like I'm volunteering to die first again haha
working on it already but will post that later when we get more hints

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
They will figure eventually since there will be votes, and of course they can even make sure one of them get voted, ofc that works better at later stages of the game when theres less players, but yeah mafia has advantage here. Considering this setting, i think theres likely 2 or maybe even 3 killing parties ( likely 2 mafias and maybe 3rd party like lovers or mentors) there might be some masons too, maybe.
Given the size of the game there are most likely multiple killing parties to get the player numbers to a more managable position. Just hoping it's not going to be a 10 vs 14 situation once again and town, while doing a great job with little mislynches, losing frustratingly.

I would also guess that similarly to the previous large game and its mechanic, the dungeons will contribute to reducing player count (prosecutor, cowboy, vigilante, etc), so choosing to give the rukh (PM votes) to the right player can turn out very crucial.