Games - Mafia Game 94 - Magi: The Crests of Magic - END GAME | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 94 - Magi: The Crests of Magic - END GAME

Who do you consider the MVP of this game?

• Holt

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • + Holt

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • - Holt

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • -/+ Holt

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • GrySun

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Belserion

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Erinwet

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Hardy

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Evil3ye

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Pando

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Boobyfosh

• Haya-san

• Margi

• Desin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scary Sakura

• Hermit

• Seraph

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Seiko

• Marma

• Distrustedspeed

• DD

• Pompom-chan

• Jinx

• Big nose shinobi

• James

• Shobu Oak

• Equaling Hell

• Asako and Threeson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinobi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Damn, not being familiar with Magi certainly does not help. So entering Dungeons means you can't use any action right? My role is active but rather boring so I will probably be joining a dungeon.
Yup, it's either you enter the dungeons or use your role action.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I didn't get that part, where does it say it? Thought the magicians going to the dungeons can also use the roles.
No, it's in the OP, if you enter the dungeon you have to give up your role action.

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Damn, not being familiar with Magi certainly does not help. So entering Dungeons means you can't use any action right? My role is active but rather boring so I will probably be joining a dungeon.
Welcome to my world since I came back I.ve only played games with themes I.m not familiar with xD

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
By using their action for the day and following night, a player can enter the dungeon and vote on which Goi gets a chance to get a Metal Vessel.
This sort of suggestes we would know who the gois are though, I am still not understanding how this is supposed to work.

Who gets the Metal Vessel is decided based on the votes via PMs of those who entered the dungeon and the Rukh of those who have since passed.
The way I read it this implies you don't need to enter the dungeon at all to vote for someone. So if I am in dungeon 2 I can still vote for panda who is in dungeon 1, so as can the D1 lynched player (being in no dungeon at all).

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
All right, good thing I asked ^^ I saw that quoting hosts' PMs are forbidden but since my questions and the answers were only about the mechanics and that I thought it would be fair for everyone to get the same knowledge about them, I was wondering if it'd be okay.

All right so:
2. What happens if most votes in the dungeon go to a Magician? Since presumably we only get names, but not highlighted who is a Goi, how do we avoid voting a Magician and wasting the metal vessel?
Magicians can enter a Dungeon and vote but any vote that another player casts on them is ignored because only Gois can receive a Metal Vessel.

Wait so it's not just a 1-shot use role, but metal vessel owners get a role + a special 1-shot power?
Yep exactly that. A Goi can only use one Extreme Magic for the whole game though.

My understanding is that some people don't have roles, which makes them goi and electable by PM voting to get the dungeon super power that will be announced the next day (confirming them as goi the next day).

The others with roles can also be voted for but instead of getting the dungeon super power they will become magis granting them an extra vote in the following dungeon.

There clearly have to be more magicians than just three, otherwise the magi replacement wouldn't make any sense. We don't know the ratio of magicians and goi though, but so far only three people have come out as magicians.

I wouldn't vote for someone who is magician myself though, as giving our gois potential killing weapons are much more important than giving someone an extra vote to elect them as magi.
Not sure this is how Magis will be elected? We don't know what being loved by the Rukh actually means and how it works.

From what I understand, the extra vote is not about electing a Magi, but it's actually the Magis that have an extra vote when it comes to choosing which Goi will equip the MV in the Dungeons. So they are pretty important.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Will be more active in a few hours. I have work to do.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Not sure this is how Magis will be elected? We don't know what being loved by the Rukh actually means and how it works.

The extra vote is not about electing a Magi, but it's actually the Magis that have an extra vote when it comes to choosing which goi will equip the MV in the Dungeons. So they are pretty important.
Now I question my understanding as well. I read from the rules that being loved by rukh (which are votes if I got that right) means the magician would have to receive the most votes among the magicians. But perhaps this being loved is a different methods altogether :confused:

Either way, we all can vote for people in the dungeons and each top voted Goi (lorewise there is only one dungeon conquerer) per dungeon will get a MV.

shinobi

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone

From what I understand, the extra vote is not about electing a Magi, but it's actually the Magis that have an extra vote when it comes to choosing which Goi will equip the MV in the Dungeons. So they are pretty important.
To my understanding, (being loved by the Rukh, whatever that means) is the method to select a replacement Magi when one of the 3 first Magi dies. The 3 first Magi are selected at the end of day 2, how they are selected is unknown.

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
In case i can't catch-up, got things to do, i votekill DD.

Bit sus on you.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Come on guys, especially those that know Magi. I could bet that rukh refers to dead players, that will be able to vote while dead. We won‘t see who they vote or why, but they will have a vote in Magi choice + metal vessel choice, at least I‘m pretty sure I understood that.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
So if by chance after the votes there's a tie between two Goi to get a vessel, it goes to a coin flip?

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
In case i can't catch-up, got things to do, i votekill DD.

Bit sus on you.
Tell me a bit about yourself Shobu. You were mafia last game, how‘s it feel to be a townie this game in comparison(assuming you are)? You don‘t seem too flustered so far.

@everyone should we reveal at least a few goi per dungeon, so everyone knows a couple viable people to vote there? Say, 2 per dungeon.

+ we should keep track of who goes where perhaps, so if they would be so kind, those that PMed their choice of dungeon to the hosts should tell us openly also which dungeon they picked. Like DD did.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Hm and Magi seem rather lackluster since they only get minor supportive powers. Action priority boosting doesn‘t have all too many applications, even less if you don‘t know people‘s roles. Though the bigger vote power for metal vessels is interesting but likely not nearly as gamebreaking as king vessels.

…just like the Magis in Magi should have been, instead of surpassing king vessels.

By using their action for the day and following night, a player can enter the dungeon and vote on which Goi gets a chance to get a Metal Vessel.
@SonOfDaws @Asako should this choice of words be taken literally, that people entering dungeons cannot use day/night roles, or is this just referring to „by pming to join a dungeon at day“ and „by PMing a player name of the dungeon at night“?

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Just when you'd think you got it someone says something that shakes it all up again. :shock

Makes it really not easy come up with some strategy and best course of action to take. So then, for magicians to go in a dungeon makes very little sense then too, if the magi pick will be determined by an unknown method somehow else by end of Day 2. Kinda now clicking with me that it would be the day/night 1 killed players that have time to vote during the course of the following day.

@everyone should we reveal at least a few goi per dungeon, so everyone knows a couple viable people to vote there? Say, 2 per dungeon.
I would even suggest that only Goi go to the dungeons, as there's really no benefit (having the role disabled and not being elected magi via this method) going into the dungeons as magician.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China

Even if at one one point I got it, surely I ungot it now

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
Even if at one one point I got it, surely I ungot it now
Sorry ^^" Well, that's what I understand about the Magi role, but I'm not sure about that either so let's wait for the hosts to clarify it I guess.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Just when you'd think you got it someone says something that shakes it all up again. :shock

Makes it really not easy come up with some strategy and best course of action to take. So then, for magicians to go in a dungeon makes very little sense then too, if the magi pick will be determined by an unknown method somehow else by end of Day 2. Kinda now clicking with me that it would be the day/night 1 killed players that have time to vote during the course of the following day.

I would even suggest that only Goi go to the dungeons, as there's really no benefit (having the role disabled and not being elected magi via this method) going into the dungeons as magician.
We don‘t know yet if roles are disabled, I believe my 2nd interpretation of the text makes more sense, but Daws will tell us.

If only goi go to dungeons mafia will know pretty soon who Magicians are that have a role. Strange that you‘d give so much info to mafia right away. + we don‘t know the magician-goi ratio to know if it‘s even a good idea to not have some Magicians in there to help outvote mafias.

I suggest a semi-transparency strategy. We all say which dungeons we go to openly and keep track. Say 8 go in each of the 3 dungeons on D1. Then 1-2 per dungeon should come out as goi so we can decide between the 2 gois who is a better choice. This way keeping the rest of magicians and gois unknown of who is who to the mafia.

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
+ we should keep track of who goes where perhaps, so if they would be so kind, those that PMed their choice of dungeon to the hosts should tell us openly also which dungeon they picked. Like DD did.
I may be very short-sighted, but again I fail to see how this is helpful in any way to non-Mafia, especially now? Because saying out loud where everyone is going can allow Mafia to regroup in one Dungeon, right?

Keeping track is fine, but I definitely think that we should all say where we went AFTER the first Dungeons have been cleared and the Goi received their MV.

Edit: typos

Last edited:

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
If only goi go to dungeons mafia will know pretty soon who Magicians are that have a role. Strange that you‘d give so much info to mafia right away. + we don‘t know the magician-goi ratio to know if it‘s even a good idea to not have some Magicians in there to help outvote mafias.
I really struggle to understand the rules to be honest. Do we know that we can only vote on players in the dungeon while being in the same dungeon or can we vote while not entering the dungeon at al?

Who gets the Metal Vessel is decided based on the votes via PMs of those who entered the dungeon and the Rukh of those who have since passed.
This sentence confuses me. The "those who entered the dungeon" refers to being exclusively (and dead rukh) the voters or being electable to be voted for?

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I may be very short-sighted, but again I fail to see how this is helpful in any way to non-Mafia, especially now? Because saying out loud where everyone is going can allow Mafia to regroup in one Dungeon, right?

Keeping track is fine, but I definitely think that we should all say where we went AFTER the first Dungeons have been cleared and the Goi received their MV.

Edit: typos
They can group up regardless, there should be many of them. We can‘t do much to avoid some mafia gois getting MVs, but what we can do is question those that end up most voted as some will likely be mafia.
As for the non-mafia benefit, simply so we know a few gois to vote to waste as few votes on magicians as possible, without compromising magicians.

I really struggle to understand the rules to be honest. Do we know that we can only vote on players in the dungeon while being in the same dungeon or can we vote while not entering the dungeon at al?
It‘s most likely the former, 7 enter a dungeon and those 7 can vote for one of those 7. I think it‘s rather apparent by the wording + it is the option that makes the most sense.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
It will benefit mafia the most, if i understand properly the rules, as they can startegize, they can figure who are magicians and kill them accordingly, and can make their gois get "extreme roles" :arf

Status
Not open for further replies.