Games - Mafia Game 94 - Magi: The Crests of Magic - END GAME | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 94 - Magi: The Crests of Magic - END GAME

Who do you consider the MVP of this game?

• Holt

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • + Holt

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • - Holt

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • -/+ Holt

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • GrySun

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Belserion

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Erinwet

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Hardy

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Evil3ye

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Pando

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Boobyfosh

• Haya-san

• Margi

• Desin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scary Sakura

• Hermit

• Seraph

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Seiko

• Marma

• Distrustedspeed

• DD

• Pompom-chan

• Jinx

• Big nose shinobi

• James

• Shobu Oak

• Equaling Hell

• Asako and Threeson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
With not much of role hints to go by this game yet again the voting will be the cruicial part to determine the mafia. Last game all shifty day1 votes were done exclusively by mafias (daws' placeholder vote on digital, sakura's lawlett then evil vote, asako's digital vote, gry's erin vote, etc).

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Well looks like it‘ll mostly be left up to luck chance for first night‘s dungeons. Nothing much catching my eye so far so lynch may just be a luck chance as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Evil gave an explanation but could be a lie to cover his careless first approach to the game.
what explanation? to what?

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
what explanation? to what?
To me questioning his weird first post. You‘ll have to check back yourself for full clarity.

Im guessing there's no deadpad if dead people can vote? :0
Why not? We‘ll run out of metal vessels to give by the time enough people die, ans if hosts don‘t spoil the players the whole setup then they can just vote as normal. Just that they get a few players to make a consensus on.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Evil gave an explanation but could be a lie to cover his careless first approach to the game.
Cover up what, how lazy a reader I am? Well, busted. My PM had a normal hintable role, assuming everyone else had the same, but turns out didn't. At the very least I didn't completely narrowing it down to basically only good roles, as has happened some others. haha

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Why not? We‘ll run out of metal vessels to give by the time enough people die, ans if hosts don‘t spoil the players the whole setup then they can just vote as normal. Just that they get a few players to make a consensus on.
yeah bc they could discuss who to vote for otherwise

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'm just a cute goi. Why don't you all vote me to win baal. I am the greatest dungeon conqueror of all time btw.

Reading the OP properly is one this.. following the discussion about it is something else :notlikethis
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I am gonna votelock in 20 so I go to bed.

SonOfDaws

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros

Yes.

So fresh new day, and seems hosts clarified on a lot since yesterday, should all make more sense now.

Hm seems more straight-forward that I read it now. The 3 Magis will only start existing after D2, so far all players are either Magicians and Goi.

The metal vessels(basically 1-shot role usages) can only go to Goi. So I assume there are more Goi players among us than Magicians. Still not sure whether sharing if we're Magician or Goi is a good idea, I'd say no but some have practically already done that it seems via role hinting so might as well go all the way with it now.

Whoever gets a metal vessel at night should be examined thoroughly next day, as it's very easy for mafia to influence it to give it to one of their Goi. Plus it should be simple for everyone to reveal who they voted and why, and any inconsistencies can be spotted easily.

The rukh thing means dead players will actually be able to vote for metal vessels/Magis, so even dead players can keep playing.

@SonOfDaws @Asako just some specific questions:

1. What does it mean to "unequip" the metal vessel? Since it says nowhere about equipping, I assume it gets auto-equipped as soon as it's obtained? But then what does unequipping accomplish?
2. What happens if most votes in the dungeon go to a Magician? Since presumably we only get names, but not highlighted who is a Goi, how do we avoid voting a Magician and wasting the metal vessel?

Wait so it's not just a 1-shot use role, but metal vessel owners get a role + a special 1-shot power?
1. Equipping Metal Vessels is mentioned in the same sentence where Metal Vessels are introduced as a mechanic, but I reworded the section for clarity:
All [Goi], players with no starting role ability, can get [Metal Vessels] and can equip them to become the Metal Vessel's normal role ability and its Extreme Magic role ability, a one-time use ability.

Equipping a Metal Vessel takes one phase. Once equipped, the Goi will be able to use the role normally.

Casting Extreme Magic also takes one phase and the Extreme Magic ability is only available for use the one following phase. No matter which Metal Vessel is used, each Goi can only cast Extreme Magic once.

Equipping another Metal Vessel automatically unequips the previous Metal Vessel.
1. Unequipping happens automatically upon equipping another Metal Vessel. Equipping a Metal Vessel is an action that takes a phase (day or night) to complete.

2. Just like with votekills and role claims in most circumstances, it's up to the players to figure out what each player is and who to vote for. Dungeon votes on a Magician do nothing, but votes on a Goi are the ticket to success.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
So the goi will get the vessel, then has to equip it for one phase, then has to announce extreme magic for one phase, all that while being known to possess it, huh. If there's a way to keep it discreet then this is the way to go. Otherwise it's just a walking target for several days for the multiple mafia and/or third parties.

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
So you have to know who is in your dungeon plus know who is a goy.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
hm so only those in the dungeon can vote for those in the dungeon but dead folk can vote globally or sth?

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
So the goi will get the vessel, then has to equip it for one phase, then has to announce extreme magic for one phase, all that while being known to possess it, huh. If there's a way to keep it discreet then this is the way to go. Otherwise it's just a walking target for several days for the multiple mafia and/or third parties.
There's gotta be protector roles in this to protecc the goi?

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
im guessing you can hold multiple vessels and alternate between them

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Btw i dunno where this came form or how, but it isn't like last game

There no night pad for dungeon, it's a dungeon, your trail
Everything is done by pm

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Only 7 hours left? Damn, at least it's only 10 pages I gotta go through, haven't checked game mechanics yet but I have to say my avi look awesome, really cool. <3

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
At the end of a day phase with dungeons in it, all the players in a particular dungeon get PMed a list of players in the dungeon and each player can vote of any of them through their own personal PMs.
Cool. Sweet as a ripe peach.

Now lemme catch up. I don't like not being active.

Status
Not open for further replies.