Games - Mafia Game 94 - Magi: The Crests of Magic - END GAME | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 94 - Magi: The Crests of Magic - END GAME

Who do you consider the MVP of this game?

• Holt

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • + Holt

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • - Holt

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • -/+ Holt

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • GrySun

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Belserion

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Erinwet

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Hardy

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Evil3ye

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Pando

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Boobyfosh

• Haya-san

• Margi

• Desin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scary Sakura

• Hermit

• Seraph

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Seiko

• Marma

• Distrustedspeed

• DD

• Pompom-chan

• Jinx

• Big nose shinobi

• James

• Shobu Oak

• Equaling Hell

• Asako and Threeson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfDaws

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Asking just in case, but am I allowed to quote @SonOfDaws' answers to several questions I asked him in a PM? Cause they would answer some of the above questions.
So if by chance after the votes there's a tie between two Goi to get a vessel, it goes to a coin flip?
Directly quoting PMs is always a no-no, but rephrasing is perfectly fine.

Voting ties are all decided via coin flip, yes.
Tell me a bit about yourself Shobu. You were mafia last game, how‘s it feel to be a townie this game in comparison(assuming you are)? You don‘t seem too flustered so far.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@everyone should we reveal at least a few goi per dungeon, so everyone knows a couple viable people to vote there? Say, 2 per dungeon.

+ we should keep track of who goes where perhaps, so if they would be so kind, those that PMed their choice of dungeon to the hosts should tell us openly also which dungeon they picked. Like DD did.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Hm and Magi seem rather lackluster since they only get minor supportive powers. Action priority boosting doesn‘t have all too many applications, even less if you don‘t know people‘s roles. Though the bigger vote power for metal vessels is interesting but likely not nearly as gamebreaking as king vessels.

…just like the Magis in Magi should have been, instead of surpassing king vessels.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@SonOfDaws @Asako should this choice of words be taken literally, that people entering dungeons cannot use day/night roles, or is this just referring to „by pming to join a dungeon at day“ and „by PMing a player name of the dungeon at night“?
Any player that decides to enter Dungeon Voting cannot use other actions that day phase and cannot use their other actions that night phase.

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Okay, so if I understood this correctly, glad I am not the only one having to reread the mechanic rules a couple times to get them, then it's like this:

Magicians = players with roles
Goi = Rolesless players
Magi = Magicians with an extra UMMPH

Real deal is the whole Magicians vs Goi set-up difference (aka how many do we got of which?) as well as Magis having 2 votes if they decide to enter a dungeon and not make use of their roles.
^This part here helps Mafia a lot since they can chose to use not so useful roles of theirs as vote boosters for the Gois they most likely got themselves on their team/s whereas us Townies gonna have a much harder time to risk not using our roles, except it is a passive one with no real benefits, to give someone a vote or two votes as a Magi, when we cannot be sure for which team said Goi is playing.

The whole Magician and Goi placement is already troublesome because the more people declare themselves Goi or Magicians the easier it is for Mafia to determine who to kill and on which one they would have wasted their kill. So we should either all declare ourselves Goi or magicians to make it harder for Mafia to guess targets or we should remain silent for day 1 since day 2 we most likely will hear from the ones who entered the dungeon of who of us hasn't been in there the first night.
Plus the whole 3 of us getting chosen as Magis on day 2. Not sure if that will be a hidden or an open title/role.

Rukh seems to be the dead who can vote on new Magis once one of the three chosen ones dies. That's interesting.

Yeah, I think they are night pads. On the other hand the mechanic doesn't say that we have to fill it with a certain number of people.

This part in bold got me thinkin, tho.
" Who gets the Metal Vessel is decided based on the votes via PMs of those who entered the dungeon and the Rukh of those who have since passed. "
Rukh must be something like spirit, correct? It just means once you die you can vote in the dungeons and you can vote for new Magi. From what I see it is a mechanic to keep players engaged with the game even after their death.

Mafia has huge advantage here, they can discuss of it at night. and favor their mates obviously, reason why multiples parties (possibly 3) make sense. and that's why i think there might be lovers and possibly masons, so not only mafia get the advantage of communication.

And yeah i get 2 avys, instead of choosing, lets not those beautiful arts go to waste !
Yeah, like I said above Mafia can easily boost their Gois whereas Town Gois don't have that advantage.
Also cool move with the two avis, are they the same person or what?

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Ok so asked in prv earlier, daws said he also cleared things up here.
So there are more magicians but only 3 can become magi.

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Rukh must be something like spirit, correct? It just means once you die you can vote in the dungeons and you can vote for new Magi. From what I see it is a mechanic to keep players engaged with the game even after their death.
Rukh is Magi's universe equivalent of chakra, yes. When you die, your Rukh return to the palace where it can through a process kind like of a rebirth/overwrite. So since we won't have pads I think you are right assuming that even after death players will have an impact on the game, specially taking into consideration how Magi universe works - a cycle.

Titus > Scheherazade btw

We leave Heaven alive for 3-4 phases and if he‘s not losing his mind at day he‘s mafia.
You can't read me like that.
Focus on convincing people why they shouldn't lynch you first if you want to stay alive and be beside me shittin on the head of the people below.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
@SonOfDaws @Asako @Purity of Magi Can you vote for yourself in the Dungeons?

so imma cast my vote now, might change till day end if something more sus comes up. But so far I'm getting mixed feelings from a few players.
imma votekill Demonspeed out of the lot, mostly because of his reply to my first comment. I'm probably wrong and am aware he already has a vote but meh, and yes gry is also on that sus list , and yes my sus is based on hunch no actual data, but at this point not much to go on.
Jealous of my hair color I bet :hmph

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Hm, at first, I was gonna suggest us all to share hints, 'cause I don't think magicians would be prime kill targets per se, since gois will still hold roles if we're going to coordinate the vessels selection scums will possibly be aware of the holders.

But on the other hand, protection roles will have an easier time targeting if they'll basically care about the vessel gois and the magicians already in the open (without mentioning this keeps them safer as well).

With Daws confirming people in dungeons can't use their abilities, the ones inside the dungeons will get a good idea of who's magicians and who's gois, and scums can crosscheck stuff at night, so imo, if not today, we should all hint tomorrow.

Done backreading, can follow the game properly now.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I want to know if I can vote myself in the dungeons too.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hmm but how can they figure out who the Magicians are?
They came into the thread announcing they had roles, at least some of them.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
@Haya-san will you be the one posting the list of people that mentioned where they going to? Only a few, including me, did it in the open.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Focus on convincing people why they shouldn't lynch you first if you want to stay alive and be beside me shittin on the head of the people below.
I don‘t think I have to do anything specific, not like I‘m suspect right now. A bit eager of you to try and pressure with D1 votes, interesting~

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Here is a recap of the hints so far, if anything is missed or if theres any mistake feel free to tell me, i will fix it next update !

Hints and claims
Hints and claims

1. GrySun as Hakuryuu
2. Scary Noona as Serendine - she said she has an active night role #42 and had the role before #56
3. Lady pompom as Falan
4. Evil3ye as Scheherazade - he said he has a relatively mediocre role with an action #75
5. Crescent Jinx as Gyokuen
6. Copy Panda as Aladdin
7. Erinyes as Muu
8. MarmaladeSky as Morgiana
9. Equaling Heaven as Judar
10. MArGi as Kouen
11. Digitaldude as Sharrkan
12. Desin24 as David - Active role but boring #139
13. James Rye as Ugo
14. Demonspeed as Kougyoku
15. Farfalla as Yamraiha
16. Seraph as Jafar
17. Hardy as Kouha
18. Hermit as Yunan
19. Brandish μ as Sinbad -> said hes a goi #188
20. Shobu_Yoruichi as Cassim
21. Belserion as Koumei
22. Holt as Masrur
23. Haya-san as Hakuei
24. Shinobi as Alibaba -> never got the role before

Actions

Night actions :
N1

N2

N3

N4

Day actions :
D1

D2

D3

D4

Mechanisms
Mechanisms

Donjons
I added the donjons infos posted, but i m not sure whether it is really relevant or not, since anything can be changed and since that voting players will be given a list to vote, so i will post later the lists if people share them, but it is still here, for now, as a reference, in case.

1st donjon - element life - start
panda #22
grysun #24

2nd donjon - element wind- clairvoyance
hermit #30
evil #75
DD #115

3rd donjon - element sound - word
demonspeed #25
Eq Heaven #47
Shobu #131

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
At the risk of sounding like a complete and utter idiot, I have 2 questions that have been bugging me for a while now. Might as well get them out there:

a) Can you leave a dungeon once you have challenged it? Or is the action of challenging it considered permanent, like a votelock?

b) Is it possible to change the dungeon you are challenging? Like, if you challenged dungeon 1, and want to change to 3? Kind of like changing between votekills?

If this has been asked or answered before in the thread, I apologize for missing out on the post :sweat

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I think there‘s a good chance we have something like a 9-15 split of Magician - Goi, or a couple more Magicians depending on how many of them are town failsafes and how many mafia assets. At least the couple revealing seemed to have done so lightly. Weaker roles perhaps? Maybe the strong things come from metal vessels, though how to keep those alive is questionable.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don‘t think I have to do anything specific, not like I‘m suspect right now. A bit eager of you to try and pressure with D1 votes, interesting~
Things are slow right now, I want to see who'll pick who in the first days to see if they will follow the same pattern as they did in the previous game.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Vote kill Haya-san/Hakuei. Placeholder and Mafia Baptism :D.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
At the risk of sounding like a complete and utter idiot, I have 2 questions that have been bugging me for a while now. Might as well get them out there:

a) Can you leave a dungeon once you have challenged it? Or is the action of challenging it considered permanent, like a votelock?

b) Is it possible to change the dungeon you are challenging? Like, if you challenged dungeon 1, and want to change to 3? Kind of like changing between votekills?

If this has been asked or answered before in the thread, I apologize for missing out on the post :sweat
Not known atm, I suggest PMing the hosts about whether you can change your choice. I‘d assume it to be possible though, since your choice only really matters after the day is over.

Things are slow right now, I want to see who'll pick who in the first days to see if they will follow the same pattern as they did in the previous game.
The previous game is an exception, it‘s very rare for mafias to collapse like that. Even rarer are the Shad plays, so there‘s only so far observing only can take you. Cointosses for lynching may become a thing too.

Any thoughts on anyone specific? Do you think our current role hinters are careless townies or bold mafias?

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Yeah but vassels could have traps as well, who knows.

Btw, I read past it likely... But doubt: the Magis held by Magicians grant them a double vote - on what? On people in dungeons? That would be forcing magicians to go into dungeons and not use their roles, so maybe magicians overall carry minor roles indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.