Games - Mafia Game 94 - Magi: The Crests of Magic - END GAME | Page 43 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 94 - Magi: The Crests of Magic - END GAME

Who do you consider the MVP of this game?

• Holt

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • + Holt

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • - Holt

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • -/+ Holt

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • GrySun

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Belserion

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Erinwet

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Hardy

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Evil3ye

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Pando

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Boobyfosh

• Haya-san

• Margi

• Desin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scary Sakura

• Hermit

• Seraph

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Seiko

• Marma

• Distrustedspeed

• DD

• Pompom-chan

• Jinx

• Big nose shinobi

• James

• Shobu Oak

• Equaling Hell

• Asako and Threeson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yeah, to be honest I signed up with accounting that i wouldn't live long anyways, but here I am now, having a busy corona-lax weekend, not having that much time to post.

I kinda regret signing up, having to deal with such a complex theme (as you noticed by my confusion on day 1), and pretty eventful weekend, but honestly, i don't think I'm afking nearly as much as typical afk-players. So really no regret here.

I put a placeholder on EH for the reasons I mentioned earlier, bit will catch up properly and make a pepper educated vote after I slept out the drinks i had. (I have no idea if EH has voted so far as of right now, as Vote count seem to not have been updated in forever as well)

VOTEKILL EQUALING HEAVEN
Nope, not Mafia thank god. Wouldn't want to start with a team and already have a penalty vote. Just bad luck with the starting day and the phase starts.

Panda was kind of an odd target unless he was killed because of the vote and the Metal Vessel.

It seems like the consensus about roles or lack thereof is to keep as much hidden as possible? Is that the consensus?
i like how both of you being afk came and posted at the same time

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Maybe has something to do with the same timezones and weekend? :oh

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
i wasn't implying anything :) I said it's funny

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Just about to go to sleep, spent an evening full of Maths :nomoar

But there was something I wanted to address.

@GrySun You said that I did not respond to you earlier about the dungeon thing, but I did, in this post here:
https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/mafia-game-94-magi-the-crests-of-magic.3019929/post-5537451

Or was that not a good enough answer?:hmm I was just confused about the dungeon mechanics, and wanted some clarity. A question that was answered today by Daws here:

It was simply a question about the mechanic, since I was not sure the limitations of entering a dungeon/leaving it.

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
He claimed magician with a boring role no?
Yep but it has a nice benefit that is only natural for a person of esteemed heritage.

Tbh no, I'm not sure why some known magicians won't hint, people just evaded the requests. Due to mechs, I've been holding back on tagging people in case I'm missing something but might as well start and get the thoughts on that. Some magicians I don't see the point in questioning now, tho. When I'm done with my dinner I'll check the other ones (unless I finally get a reason why not to). Let's see if you'll stay around, Des, cause there's like Shobu finally coming only to disappear again.
I see. The thing with mafia games imo is that in the end it's more about the claims and inconsistencies when it comes to those than the actions of a specific townie role. Hinting of everyone should IMO always be part of the game no matter the mechanic.

It's 2 am now so I'll catch some sleep but the alarm goes off in 4,5 hours so I'll certainly be around after my morning run :).

Have a great one folks
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Maybe has something to do with the same timezones and weekend? :oh
Cheers Mate. Hope it's a good weekend then ;)

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'm not reading 25 pages.

Didn't realise you had to nominate a dungeon to enter. Conquering them is my birthright and I will start with Lightning :nod

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Does someone have a list of who is going to which dungeon? No use hiding this anymore I believe.

I'm not reading 25 pages.

Didn't realise you had to nominate a dungeon to enter. Conquering them is my birthright and I will start with Lightning :nod
So you say you didn‘t go to a dungeon last day because you didn‘t know how? Otherwise you‘d have wanted to?

Shobu_Yoruichi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Just in case i don't go back, VoteKill Crescent

Honestly i don't have much of a reason but you being suspicious of me for your re-reads. What will unfold now? I don't know, so it is not decisive.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
So you say you didn‘t go to a dungeon last day because you didn‘t know how? Otherwise you‘d have wanted to?
Yah I want power.

I'll go to 4 if it ain't full.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
@Brandish μ what do you think of people among this list of names:

Lady Pompom
Evil
Brandish
Desin
Shinobi
Haya
Crescent Jinx
Farfalla
James
Seraph
Due to the game‘s rules one of these has for sure killed Panda, can‘t be any of the dungeon-goers. Pompom sicklied me so she can‘t be the killer(though possible mafia sickly), but about others we don‘t know too much yet.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Was gonna write my thoughts on everyone now but that's gonna take a while :/ gonna just address some things, will sleep soonish (if Oli allows...) and tomorrow should be up hours before the day ends.
Was just thinking back on things... even tho I don't think a mafia sickly would benefit from hiding the role here (eventually you can narrow it down, I had listed 6 people that could fit it already, after more nights people would get there) so the reveal per se doesn't make Bia look townie to me, she still commented a bit on her main role, in a way that somewhat limits her? I think both things together makes me lean towards her being townie for now (even tho I also noticed she incorrectly mentioned Gry's vote timing). I have a doubt tho: someone said that the killer and the sickly are different people, so the killer is among the amount of people outside the dungeons minus one. But I thought sickly could be used at the same time as the main role?
Also thinking back about what James said, that to frame the ones with Pandu mafia would need a mole to know who's there, that's not rly necessry, since people would just share who was there the next day anyways, it would be a matter of asking and waiting a bit. That was discussed in D1 and it indeed happened right at the start of the day today.
Idk if Gry is goi or magician but if for now I accept his word that he voted for Pandu, he's either vanilla, has a role that wouldn't be missed in N1 or is passive. Sakura, Bia, Evil, Des, me and Jinx already gave something about their roles. I already said why I'm leaning to see Hermit, Marm and Erin as green for now as well (Hermit asked the question but still went in even tho he was around when the self block was discussed, and ended up throwing his vote away on Erin (or Marm, I don't recall), don't see why a mafia would do that; Marm and Erin the same thing, wasted votes. Even if say one of them would be in a party with DD, they wouldn't know what the other ones were (except maybe an idea about Hermit) to decide to waste their votes and hope for DD to luck out), so I'm personally not in a hurry to get something from them. Only magician that was actually outside of dungeons and haven't shared a hint yet (unless I missed it, then mb) it's @James Rye

Pompom sicklied me so she can‘t be the killer
Oh ok it was you. Isn't sickly able to use both main and secondary abilities at once?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
@Brandish μ what do you think of people among this list of names:
Do we know for sure everyone else went to a dungeon?

Have only read half the game pages as I locked early.

pom - no thoughts
Evil seems helpful
Brandish is trustworthy
Barely seen desin
shinobi - no thoughts yet
Haya voted me yesterday because of my smile, which is sus in my book
Cres seems helpful
Farf seems helpful
James haven't seen his walls yet
Seraph - no thoughts yet

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
But I thought sickly could be used at the same time as the main role?
Weird you‘d forget after the recent last game where Lambu used Sickly instead of his unknown main role.
And while you‘re right that she isn‘t the killer, not like getting the killer accomplishes anything either. Mafia Sickly can also kill at later phases.

Do we know for sure everyone else went to a dungeon?
Yes, from multiple sources confirming it. Because every dungeon participant got the list, impossible to lie with it.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Weird you‘d forget after the recent last game where Lambu used Sickly instead of his unknown main role.
And while you‘re right that she isn‘t the killer, not like getting the killer accomplishes anything either. Mafia Sickly can also kill at later phases.
I'm not making any insights about who we should go after based on this tho, so dunno why you're saying those other things? I said it in the other post it's a doubt. And I didn't forget it, it didn't cross my mind in the previous game since Lambu didn't attempt to use both, it's not something me and Pandu discussed in that game. Could swear I saw something about using both somewhere, hence the question.

Yeah checked and that's said in the role description, maybe it was some discussion in the council then.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I'm not making any insights about who we should go after based on this tho, so dunno why you're saying those other things? I said it in the other post it's a doubt. And I didn't forget it, it didn't cross my mind in the previous game since Lambu didn't attempt to use both, it's not something me and Pandu discussed in that game. Could swear I saw something about using both somewhere, hence the question.
I‘m saying it because your words can be understood like a suggestion to go for others(with the minus one wording, like removing her from people to vote today) but ofc not what you were suggesting. Just pointing out for others reading.

Pretty sure it doesn‘t work, perhaps you mistook it with passing NVD/Hot Potato as those can be used together with the main role.

• Sickly (Unassigned): The Sickly can choose a player each Night to infect who then can't vote in the following Day Phase, because he gets a cold. If the Sickly chooses to use their main role's active ability, the Sickly ability cannot be used on the same Night. (GAME 83)

If I could vote, my initial vote would go for Pompom due to the inconsistencies, but it‘s true the killer(and perhaps Mentor) are among the others. So fishing there could work well.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
I‘m saying it because your words can be understood like a suggestion to go for others(with the minus one wording, like removing her from people to vote today) but ofc not what you were suggesting. Just pointing out for others reading.
No, I didn't write the numbers per se cause you said 9 -1 hence 8 but I counted 10 outside and didn't feel like double checking. So I just wrote the math logic.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Yeah I thought it was 9, my mistake was counting Panda as the nightkill separately from the dungeon people, but those overlapped.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I'll be gone for a little bit, but just in case and before i forget about it again i'll Votekill Shinobi.

@Asako @SonOfDaws

I'm voting her because i can't bring myself to trust her in any way so far, her behaviour is awfully reminiscent of that time i was Mafia with her before and she hasn't really done or said anything to make me lean into another direction. But since there is still time within the phase i'm open to be surprised by her. Hence just a normal votekill.:verily

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Just rly don't see how you took my words as an indication I felt people shouldn't vote for her? Even the question would be more like a "wait a minute" on her than some sort of defense? That was a bit weird to me as well. I said why I lean my way about her the same way I did for others in the same post and for someone like Sakura before. That's my approach to narrow down who I'll vote for tomorrow when I wake up.

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
@Shobu_Yoruichi @Brandish μ how's the catch up process with you guys? To me right now you look dull, specially Brandish.

I distrust EH and hardy enough to attempt sneezing on them next night (put your masks!1!)
I feel like baiting you to do so, but that would just make things harder for town. Why not test your plague sneeze on someone from the 9s and see the reaction? I was in a dungeon last night and went straight to another dungeon today, without a second thought. Nothing that happen was or will be my responsability.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Really, Lady, what's the thing with me? Last game you were also on my track and I was town.
Are you that afraid of me?

Listen to my advice and spread your sickness on someone from the 9s. It'll be way more useful if you do so. Or use your primary role, even if it's as hard as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.