Shounen - Mahou Sensei Negima by Akamatsu Ken | Page 55 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Mahou Sensei Negima by Akamatsu Ken

bebuxe

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Mahou Sensei Negima 351 Spoilers

First,
DragonOsman2, thank you for reinforcing the whole royalty incest thing. I tried previously to stress this before, but you did it successfully.

Second, poor Konoka. I feel bad for her. But Eva is right to blurt her the truth right of the bat. (I was about to say, Eva, why be so cruel about it).

Third, notice where the scene is. Exactly where Negi fought Chao, and celebrated w/ friends.

Fourth, now I can see how can the story end with a new arc. hehehehe

Nay, MoB is not dead. If not, Negi or Asuna would be possessed. I did not read that the Demons infiltrated MoB's real location. And the fake MoB requested Negi to kill him.

And a briefer. Negi needs marry someone before 100years into the events of Chao Lingshen, meaning that ....

Last edited:

Motor Bug2005

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Now that I've read two translations of 351 done by two devoted translators (Red Savant and Dowolf) I have thought of another set of scenarios that could happen in regards to Negi's love life:

1) Negi realises he's in love with Asuna and decides to wait the 100 years until she's unsealed before confessing to her,

2) Negi realises he's in love with Asuna and decides to rush to the MM to confess to her before she's sealed (if she hasn't already been sealed),

or

3) Negi takes Asuna's words to heart and decides to confess his love to another girl (Nodoka hopefully) after his students graduate and then hooks up with Asuna after her sealing period ends.

Personally I would like Scenario 3 to occur simply because it gives both Asuna and another girl a chance to be with Negi and as a result appeases their respective fanbases.

masgrande

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

^Agree, those three points seem more likely. Negi is surprisingly hard to read, after Asuna kissed him his"no... but" is like his usal reaction but the face he makes before he said ok could hint at either Asuna being the one or just sadness because of the goodbye.

Edit: For what I read in the translation of the class roster it looks like three or four incidents happen during the 5 month time skip, maybe the next arc will be a flashback to the other students adventures.

Last edited:

Motor Bug2005

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Negi is surprisingly hard to read, after Asuna kissed him his"no... but" is like his usal reaction but the face he makes before he said ok could hint at either Asuna being the one or just sadness because of the goodbye.
If Asuna is the one I'm surprised Negi didn't blush during the whole "Big Sis Farewell Kiss" part.

Zucriy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Mahou Sensei Negima 350 Discussion / 351 Predictions

I came to a similar conclusion bebuxe besides the ending part. I'm more of basing my assumption on this not being the ending mostly due to the high popularity it has in Japan, as Akamatsu mangas usually have. Live action spin-offs, 3 separate anime versions, multiple video games, OVA's, etc. Japan has been doing the same thing American hollywood has with something popular and milks the hell out of it until noone cares (Pokemon for example). The fanbase is huge still and has been declining only by a small margin since the last arc ended. It's not in Akamatsus personal style to keep a series going past its intended expiration date so it's up in the air right now in personal theory only. Like you said it's essentially producer versus creator.

Also a small side note to whoever deleted the last few days worth of posts on this thread, at the risk of getting b& for being new, just because you don't agree with other peoples opinions doesn't entitle you to delete other peoples thoughts and opinions, especially if their is no flaming or trolling. You may not personally care, but it lowers interest in the boards and rips the board of what makes this place unique to other forums. Instead it just turns this forum into another one of "those sites".

Togu Alaxus

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

That was one nice chapter.

Now Iám really looking forward for the next arc. :^_^
(But I hope there won´t be a new protagonist. The story is about Negi and should go on with Negi till end.)

superkenj

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

i don't know if it'll be helpful but i don't think 100 years for asuna to be gone is too long. i mean, she'll be staying in the magical world right? so don't forget that the time in mw is much faster compared to earth's time(i'm not sure if it's 5 times, but assuming it is, 100 mw yrs=20earth yrs). so, asuna will be back when the gang's around 30ish. :derp

Jirachier

Reaction score
Country
Morocco

Well, this arc is FINALLY over :p
I liked the page with the comments on every girl in class, especially the part where it says that Negi finally defeated Evangeline so that means he progressed even further in his combats capabilities during this small timeskip.

chiusama

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

negi would confess to another girl, if i'm to say. well, ever since the start negi saw asuna as a sister that is overbearing yet kind.and it's even better in my opinion, because he treats asuna as a part of his family, that he'll go until the depths of hell to help her if necessary, just like his affection to his familial father. surely, negi and asuna doesn't need romantic ties (sorry guys, it's not that i'm against negixasuna, i just felt that family is more important than romance.:^_^). also, he needs to be married to have chao in the mix.

thinking about it, i don't think asuna has the time to think about romance at all. she's originally an existence that doesn't depend on emotions. like a living weapon. it's just during the time when she lived a normal life that she learned to rely on her emotions. so love for her is still out of the question, and having people care for her is more than a blessing in her perspective. it's a bit sad though, she never had the chance to be free from her obligations.

as for konoka, i understand where she's coming from. it's a natural reflex to deny a fact like that even though she have a bit of an idea simply because it is hard to accept.painful partings are too much for a pure friend like her, but eva did the right thing to tell her the hard cold facts that she's purposely avoiding.

also, i'm sure there will be a riot about asuna's disappearance, since a lot of the girls in her class didn't know that she's going to disappear. negi didn't even tell them, how grim. they were comrades, they definitely have the right to know. i guess they'll fly to the mm to give her a farewell party at least.lol.

and india?!something smells fishy about that place.i really feel one hell of a vibe about that india. istandul may be far from india, but it's like a foreshadow of something...

finally, akamatsu sensei really knows his drama well. i commend him, congratulations.:super

bebuxe

Reaction score
Country
United States

Thanks Chisuma, for the india thing. Wanted to note that part.

And obviously, Negi has to marry someone else than Asuna, if not there's no Chao. Genes tell you who it is. I am just waiting on the response....

And yes, I can see the new arc now in light of this episode.

Friends in action, try to resolve the things here, to get Asuna quicker home. The India trip is part of this next step. And yes, a lot of mysticism could be introduced.

bebuxe

Reaction score
Country
United States

@Zucriy
They were not deleted but moved to the new spoiler thread to stick to topic. Mods have to do this to ensure quality and avoid angry spam from people who do not like to get spoiled. Here the link, if you need it, (Note Shadow Limiter's sticky on the thread):
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/74826-Mahou-Sensei-Negima-351-Spoilers

@Jirachier
Agreed, and some of the notes concern me.

Togu Alaxus

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Thanks Chisuma, for the india thing. Wanted to note that part.

And obviously, Negi has to marry someone else than Asuna, if not there's no Chao. Genes tell you who it is. I am just waiting on the response....

And yes, I can see the new arc now in light of this episode.

Friends in action, try to resolve the things here, to get Asuna quicker home. The India trip is part of this next step. And yes, a lot of mysticism could be introduced.
That´s not totaly right, Bebuxe.

It´s not correct to say it´s already decided. Chao is not Negis daughter. She is his granddaughter or great-granddaughter or ....
So regarding the question who will be his wife is not answered till now.

He could marry Nodoka (my personal favourite :cheez ) or another girl we don´t know till now and their son/daughter, grandson/granddaughter, ... could marry some chinese girl.

But yes. Iám really looking forward for this new ark, too. :whoo

Ceipheed

Reaction score
Country
Panama

@superkenj sorry to burst your bubble, but the difference in the flow of time between the two worlds was only product of the connection being severed by Fate and co, so now that that is taken care of, 100y here = 100y there

Astray

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm incredibly curious where Akamatsu is going to take this from here. I still think it should be Negi and Asuna, it can't be any one else otherwise Negi will have to see his loved-one die some point in the future, which is quite cruel and I don't think he could do that to himself.

chaosprophettk

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Well, this arc is FINALLY over :p
I liked the page with the comments on every girl in class, especially the part where it says that Negi finally defeated Evangeline so that means he progressed even further in his combats capabilities during this small timeskip.
That comment is from way back, when he "defeated" her at the end of volume 3.

chaosprophettk

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I'm incredibly curious where Akamatsu is going to take this from here. I still think it should be Negi and Asuna, it can't be any one else otherwise Negi will have to see his loved-one die some point in the future, which is quite cruel and I don't think he could do that to himself.
With what we saw so far though, it seems likely Asuna also ages normally when not sealed in some form. So even though she won't change during the time she will be sealed for the magic world, after she is released from it she should age and die, so immortal Negi wold end up alone in the end.

Astray

Reaction score
Country
United States

With what we saw so far though, it seems likely Asuna also ages normally when not sealed in some form. So even though she won't change during the time she will be sealed for the magic world, after she is released from it she should age and die, so immortal Negi wold end up alone in the end.
This just made me very sad if it's true.

bamf

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

You're damn right Negi is going to India....

....where we will get a new arc revolving around Negi, 3-A, and the crew from LOVE HINA. :cheez

DragonOsman2

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia

Actually, she doesn't seem to age normally at all; think about it: she's over 121 years old, but doesn't look like it at all. She ages slowly. Very, very slowly. And don't you remember that one flashback we were shown from her past, from the night Nagi came to rescued her? Some minutes or seconds before he showed up, one of the palace guards who were there called her a monster, telling the other one to not let her appearance fool him, and calling her "it" instead of "she" or "her". She's probably immortal and long-lived as well, as the Twilight Imperial Princess.

@Ceipheed: Mars is some distance away from Earth, isn't it? The distance between the sun and Mars is different compared to the one between Earth and the sun. Since the Magical World was created using Mars as a base, unless they somehow changed the flow of time when creating the Magical World, it should be the same as Mars, which, looking at logically and scientifically, should be different from how it is on Earth.

Now that I've read two translations of 351 done by two devoted translators (Red Savant and Dowolf) I have thought of another set of scenarios that could happen in regards to Negi's love life:

1) Negi realises he's in love with Asuna and decides to wait the 100 years until she's unsealed before confessing to her,

2) Negi realises he's in love with Asuna and decides to rush to the MM to confess to her before she's sealed (if she hasn't already been sealed),

or

3) Negi takes Asuna's words to heart and decides to confess his love to another girl (Nodoka hopefully) after his students graduate and then hooks up with Asuna after her sealing period ends.

Personally I would like Scenario 3 to occur simply because it gives both Asuna and another girl a chance to be with Negi and as a result appeases their respective fanbases.
I agree here, except I think that either of those happening would be good. But I do need to point out, I think, that Negi is going to be busy with his plan for the hundred years, and might also think of love and women as a distraction. Not to the point of completely staying of from women, per se, but only to the point of trying to not pursue romantic relationships with any women at all and staying chaste. If he truly does love Asuna, he'd especially want to do this, or else he'd feel like he's being unfaithful not only to Asuna herself, but also to the other girl.

Before anyone says one more time that he would've confessed to Asuna before she left if he really loved her, let me just say, again, that he probably decided to tell her after she's been unsealed. Either that, or . . . well, recall that he has a favorite girl. And he only ever said "favorite," and not "one he loves in 'that' way". His feelings probably haven't grown to the point of being called "love" yet. But still, I think it is likely that his "favorite girl" is in fact Asuna. This could just be wishful thinking on my part, but still.