Shounen - Mahou Sensei Negima by Akamatsu Ken | Page 59 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Mahou Sensei Negima by Akamatsu Ken

deathevn

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Honduras
Re: Mahou Sensei Negima 353 Spoilers

really akamatsu, to you that is a good ending, all is imcoplete and unresolved, and you just repeated love hina in the next two chapters we are going to assist to negi and asuna wedding, if someone is planing to buy the last volume 0f negima he is insane, and i hope you enjoy your overpriced piece of toilet paper. thats the only thing that last volumen is good to.

roku-sky

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Haha, looks like my guess with the time machine was spot on :D

Motor Bug2005

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

A translation of Chapter 353 has been posted by Red Savant. Here's the link:

Chapter 353 Translation

And going by this translation it's confirmed that the girl Negi likes is NOT Asuna.

Judging by Asuna's reaction and comments about it I'm placing my bets on Evangeline.

Last edited:

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

I'm thinking we're ending up with Nodoka. Originally I supported Nodoka, but then I switched to Chisame, so I won't be that disappointed.

Motor Bug2005

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I'm thinking we're ending up with Nodoka. Originally I supported Nodoka, but then I switched to Chisame, so I won't be that disappointed.
If it were Nodoka (and I hope it is) Asuna wouldn't be so surprised when Negi told her who he liked. Also Asuna said that Negi is pretty similar to the girl he likes. I don't think Nodoka is similar to Negi other than the immense courage that the two have shown over the course of the manga so I think Asuna was talking about Eva in both instances.

Last edited:

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

If it were Nodoka (and I hope it is) Asuna wouldn't be so surprised when Negi told her who he liked. Also Asuna said that Negi is pretty similar to the girl he likes. I don't think Nodoka is similar to Negi other than the immense courage that the two have shown over the course of the manga so I think Asuna was talking about Eva in both instances.
The reasons that I think it is Nodoka are that Negi had promised to give her the answer on graduation day, plus they're more similar than you think. She's a meganekko and he isn't a meganekko, but he's whatever the male version is. They're both somewhat shy, sort of.

Eva's not graduating, so it can't be her. :)

Last edited:

Motor Bug2005

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

The reasons that I think it is Asuna are that Negi had promised to give her the answer on graduation day, plus they're more similar than you think. She's a meganekko and he isn't a meganekko, but he's whatever the male version is. They're both somewhat shy, sort of.

Eva's not graduating, so it can't be her. :)
Don't you mean Nodoka, not Asuna? Also what you've said makes sense but I guess we'll just have to wait for a conclusive answer in the last 2 chapters (if Akamatsu-sensei decides to give us one at all).

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Don't you mean Nodoka, not Asuna? Also what you've said makes sense but I guess we'll just have to wait for a conclusive answer in the last 2 chapters (if Akamatsu-sensei decides to give us one at all).
Yeah, I meant Nodoka. I don't know how I ended up writing Asuna.

I'll edit my original post.

Motor Bug2005

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Think about it Frosty: would Asuna have expressed that amount of surprise if Negi told her that it was Nodoka he liked? I don't think so as Asuna has known about Nodoka's feelings for Negi ever since the Kyoto trip where she confessed to him, unless Asuna somehow managed to forget all of Negi's and Nodoka's romantic development before this chapter. Just pointing it out.

Last edited:

masgrande

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

Think about it Frosty: would Asuna have expressed that amount of surprise if Negi told her that it was Nodoka he liked? I don't think so as Asuna has known about Nodoka's feelings for Negi ever since the Kyoto trip where she confessed to him. Just pointing it out.
Not only was she surprise she also said she wasn't sure if she approves, and I don't think she has a problem with her to say that.

Motor Bug2005

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Not only was she surprise she also said she wasn't sure if she approves, and I don't think she has a problem with her to say that.
Exactly, that's another thing that makes me think the girl Negi likes is Evangeline.

masgrande

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

Or maybe it's Yuna since both of them can't of anything besides their fathers and she is someone Asuna wouldn't approve :XD.
This is really going to suck for poor Nodoka.

Motor Bug2005

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

This is really going to suck for poor Nodoka.
I know, this is Akamatsu-sensei pretty much shafting the girl who's had arguably the most romantic development with Negi throughout the whole manga in favour of a girl who's had significantly less (Evangeline). Of course there's a chance that we'll never know who Negi's interested in.

masgrande

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

Dowolf also translated the chapter and in his version Asuna never mentions disapproving of anyone, Nodoka might still have a chance:zomg.

Fate's face on this chapter is awesome, the look of pride for his students during graduation is undeniable:teehee.

Motor Bug2005

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Dowolf also translated the chapter and in his version Asuna never mentions disapproving of anyone, Nodoka might still have a chance:zomg.

Fate's face on this chapter is awesome, the look of pride for his students during graduation is undeniable:teehee.
It doesn't change the fact that Asuna was surprised by Negi's supposed choice.

bebuxe

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Well, the fact that she says that the Negi must give her a proper graduation, it means she is a delinquent. And the fact that she is surprised, and might not approve it, means she is a natural enemy to asuna. Oops, said too much.

Motor Bug2005

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Well, the fact that she says that the Negi must give her a proper graduation, it means she is a delinquent. And the fact that she is surprised, and might not approve it, means she is a natural enemy to asuna. Oops, said too much.
I'm not sure how accurate Red Savant's translation was. I say this because Dowolf's translation (which you can view on this site BTW) makes no mention of Asuna telling Negi to give the girl he likes a "proper graduation" nor does she question her approval of Negi liking that particular girl although the surprise that she shows when Negi tells her is clear to see and she does question the compatibility of Negi and the girl in question.