Shounen - Mahou Sensei Negima by Akamatsu Ken | Page 68 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Mahou Sensei Negima by Akamatsu Ken

Xitrial

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Re: [FINAL] Mahou Sensei Negima 355 Discussion

Ok for everyone who is complaining about us not getting our answer. well we did, in a way. If you go back to the end of chapter 353 Asuna forces Negi to confess who he likes.

Asuna also states that everyone still has a chance.

In 355 no we dont find out who Negi chose because of the time of the epilogue Negi is still single. and no he didnt get married because that picture of him in a tux is at kotaros and natsumi's wedding. And It also states that Makie is still chasing after Negi. After we do all the math removing the ppl who never had that connection with Negi, ppl who are with other ppl and all those who ended up away form negi you can narrow it down to Four conclusive endings

1. Negi is living the bachelor life.
2. Negi is dating Asuna
3. Negi is dating Chachamaru, after all she did get wound up everyday.
4. Negi is dating some one who is not one of his students
I would add Makie but she would have no need to chase Negi if she already caught him, nor would she still be chasing him if he got married.

I am for number 1. He is working on stop and wont have the time for a significant other. yea he could have settled down at the end with one of the and if he did thats fine. We already know what student he had a crush on that should be enough.
Following that line of thought, if it says that Makie is still chasing for Negi because he is available. Then why Nodoka's and Yue's love is shattered?

And why hasn't nobody mentioned Eva? For one I like that pairing, and Asuna said in chapter 353 "I mean you are both the same kind of people" (well that phrase can still be interpreted in many ways)

Do anyone know why this rushed ending? Is there something official or just speculation?

Realhartwell

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland

Hey guys..
I would like to share my story today..
Its about how I got into negima..

I found my first copy or negima back when I was in a treatment center for my sickness, I was 12..
The doctors told me my recovery would be hard..
I give up hopes back then, I was alone in the states doing my recovery..

I was ready to accept death or permanent immobility..
But then one day, they change my room to the old wings..
In that room, I found someone left a copy of negima, it was a pirated one, bad english as well..

I reach to it out of boredom,
and I remember it was when they in the Library Island..
My heart race reading it, my mind travel far to japan and my soul is cherished..

I look it up on the internet, and Im hooked..
I look forward to the weekly release, and I start to smile, I start to believe..

A year from that Im fully healed, out of the center, go back to middle school and have a normal life..
My life was reformed by negima, it give me hope and laughter..
It gave me courage to face the future, and faith in people..
Not a day I do not check the internet for the new release..

Now Im 19 and in Switzerland doing my Bachelor..
Im crying out of happiness the manga is a huge success and the characters reach their happy ending..
But a part of me is uber sad for not being able to thank Akamatsu Sensei properly..

I wish I could send him a letter of gratitude..
Just to tell him my story, and how his story got me through hard times..
Chemo was painful, but I always told myself "hold on, be strong! U will live and u get to read more negima!"
And I did, and Im healed.. A huge part of it thanks to Negima..

I would love to know where to send a letter for Akamatsu Sensei..
If any of you could help me, I'll be grateful for the rest of my life..

Thank you..
Warmest regards,
Malvin Hartwell.

Malvinhartwell@gmail.com

Caster Pheonix

Reaction score
Country
England

Well considering every time someone gets picked in a harem there's usually a s.storm from the 'Internet Otaku Community'(IOC) for who isn't picked, you can't blame authors in general for sidestepping due to abuse.(see Kampfer for example).

either way,though I think this was a decent manga. Always thought that the manga could of done more with Negi's dark powers rather than the harem aspect.

.........Chisame.

Last edited:

Bludvein

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I was extremely disappointed with this whole ending. He completely wasted the last few chapters on gags rather than actually wrapping up the story. He practically completely ignored the whole overarching drive of the main character. From the beginning, Negi's whole goal was to find his father, and instead it was relegated to a brief mention in the final chapter. Getting led on for 300+ chapters only for it to be completely skipped is just....Also, we never did find out what happened to Negi's mother either.

Ive seen some pretty terrible endings but this ranks up there with some of the worst. Its not even right to call it an ending, more of a "wtf was that?" kinda deal.

Was there any reason outside of boredom for this crap ending? As far as I know it had pretty good ratings and there was no legal reason either.

KiSwordsman

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

So I read the Chapter but I'm a little confused. Who did negi end up with?

masgrande

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

Following that line of thought, if it says that Makie is still chasing for Negi because he is available. Then why Nodoka's and Yue's love is shattered?
I think the main reason that Nodoka and Yue had their love shattered is because they were the only ones who asked for a reply by graduation while the others just confessed their love without asking for a reply.

OtakuModeEngage

Reaction score
Country
United States

Well considering every time someone gets picked in a harem there's usually a s.storm from the 'Internet Otaku Community'(IOC) for who isn't picked, you can't blame authors in general for sidestepping due to abuse.(see Kampfer for example).

either way,though I think this was a decent manga. Always thought that the manga could of done more with Negi's dark powers rather than the harem aspect.

.........Chisame.
Not at all, sure, I would prefer he be with Konoka than Yume, but I would must rather he be with Yume, or any other girl for that matter, than be with no one. The story has been building up to this point from the beginning, he loaded the gun, lined his sights, took of the safety, and pulled the trigger for us. The targets where clearly in range and impossible to miss, and yet he loaded the gun with blanks?! This is a crap ending for that alone, but lets consider for a moment that he did inform us of Negis wife, the ending is still crap because so many questions were left unanswered, because the driving force of the story, Negi's search for his father, concludes without us even knowing how it begun, not to mention what happened. The last few chapters he just throws out the plot and says 'fuck it'.

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

As I expected, the poor boy was abused by these girls when he didn't even have reach puberty for too long. He never was in love to begin with, he just told Asuna one girl he likes a bit more than the others. He is now insensitive.

Best harem end so far, the raging girls got what they deserve. :derp

Libarian

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I think the main reason that Nodoka and Yue had their love shattered is because they were the only ones who asked for a reply by graduation while the others just confessed their love without asking for a reply.
Well, first off neither of them gave him the deadline Yue suggested he wait until then to reply after Nodoka confessed and kissed him, and I don't think Yue asked for a reply. Second, I think the major reason they were both the only ones eliminated was because he got sick of writing it, and knew their characters would need to confront the fall out and he didn't want to deal with it. Because after reviewing the whole progress of the story, Nodoka seemed to be the only one that the boy even considered besides Asuna and maybe Chisame(or as I call her Asuna proxy), but as the magical world arch reach 300 there is quantum leap in the pace.Really the best place to have the two reconciled if Nodoka did win would have been in the battle against the Lifemaker, but he denied us that even though they had miss instant win (Asuna) to hurry that along.

By the way OtakuModeEngage who's Yume?:huh

OtakuModeEngage

Reaction score
Country
United States

By the way OtakuModeEngage who's Yume?:huh
Ah... fail, I meant Yue, lol. Well in the end, coming here to complain about how he failed to give us a proper ending is pointless. I'll just let Negima slip away like a bad dream to be replaced by other manga.

Ceipheed

Reaction score
Country
Panama

one question guys, did we ever get a RAW release? I think i missed it =/

Ceipheed

Reaction score
Country
Panama

my bad, I should have been more specific. I meant here. did we ever get a RAW here in this thread? went thru the previous 5 pages and I dont think I saw a link, so I thought maybe Id overlooked it.

Negative Syndicate

my bad, I should have been more specific. I meant here. did we ever get a RAW here in this thread? went thru the previous 5 pages and I dont think I saw a link, so I thought maybe Id overlooked it.
not sure

DragonOsman2

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia

Doesn't seem like there's going to be an Epilogue to this series, does it? Would've at least liked to have an Epilogue if not a sequel. We know Negi defeated the Mage of the Beginning and rescued Nagi, but we don't know how he did it, and we also don't know what happened to Negi's mom (what was here name again?). And the list goes on. I'm especially pissed that we didn't get any closure whatsoever about Negi's love-life. Who did he hook up with?

There are things I've said here that could be spoilers for anyone who is planning on reading the Fourth Book of the Inheritance Cycle, or is reading it but hasn't gotten far enough yet, so I'll put it in a spoiler tag;
Someone mentioned how he (or is it "she?") hated the ending to the Inheritance Cycle. At least we can say for sure that Eragon and Arya will still hook up sometime down line, since Paolini has only changed the "when and how" of it, not the "if". Even though a lot of fans don't think so, this is still the case. And there's also a chance he'll show us what happened, since he said he'll write a Book Five, along with 6 other (for a total of 7) other stories set in Alagaesia, one of them being a series. On the other hand, Akamatsu hasn't promised us a sequel or a prequel, let alone even a freaking Epilogue (at least Christopher has promised a Deluxe Edition of the Fourth Book, which will have an Epilogue in it, along with seven other stories set in Alagaesia, as well as a Book 5).

Last edited:

lordoffantasy

Reaction score
Country
United States
In universe theory; science destroys magic, disproven

In one of the side materials of Negima, it says that as people learn more on how the universe really works, their aiblity to use magic will decrees and or vanish. However, i found a huge flaw in that, which means magic will never fade.

Basically demonstrate and reveal to the world that magic is real, and everyone's views will change. as they obviously see the dragon flying and breathing fire, the cute lolita girl shooting an entire ice age at people, and the little boy turning girl clothes into dust by sneezing, they will realize that while their is a way the world works, magic turns that on its head.
People really should try harder with those ideas i think.

Ceipheed

Reaction score
Country
Panama
Negima is over (or is it)

Im just gonna leave this here, as a fan of both Akamatsu-sensei's works and Mahou Sensei Negima in particular.