Manga - Anime - delay | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Manga - Anime - delay

Kaku

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
i am gettin' extermly excited when i am reading the manga and the current events. *goose bumps*

now i cant wait for the current events when the anime get there. so, how long would it need it?

to be more exact, when was the latest event (franky and robin reachin' enies lobby) published in the manga?
i started readin' manga around beginning this year and if i am not wrong there was somehow the fight between luffy and blueno. but iam not quite sure... :darn

now i would guess 6 months!?

Last edited by a moderator:

jabbament

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hrm...it really depends on how often the release OP Anime. I think it was said its bi-monthly on average...so, yeah, I'd think about 6-8 episodes and we'll be at the whole, "I wanna live!" scene...

I think it will be something like:
Random CP9/Spandam talk - 1 episode
Luffy's Rampage and the chaos that follows - 2 episodes
The Giants Appear / Defeated - 1 episode
Entering to the courthouse/attempt by Franky Family to lower bridge - 1 episode
Luffy/Blueno fight / everyone gathers on the roof - 1 episode
Robin's flashback - 2 episodes then the "I wanna live!" scene.
[too lazy to list the rest...I only care up to Gear Second and Robin's "I wanna live!" scene at the moment. :p]
Then everything breaks off and everyone goes separate to the final fights (going on right now) - 5 or 6 episodes.

Obviously, they like leaving little cliffhangers, but I don't think they'll try to stretch things too far...this is just my personal guess as to how long they can/will stay on each part of the invasion of Eines Lobby. 6 months is probably a good guess I'd say to how long we have to wait to catch up to the current chapter in the manga.

ltphil

Reaction score
Country
Germany
jabbament said:
Hrm...it really depends on how often the release OP Anime. I think it was said its bi-monthly on average...so, yeah, I'd think about 6-8 episodes and we'll be at the whole, "I wanna live!" scene...
when the anime starts again at 05.21.2006 there will be a new ep every week.....

jabbament said:
I think it will be something like:
Random CP9/Spandam talk - 1 episode
Luffy's Rampage and the chaos that follows - 2 episodes
The Giants Appear / Defeated - 1 episode
Entering to the courthouse/attempt by Franky Family to lower bridge - 1 episode
Luffy/Blueno fight / everyone gathers on the roof - 1 episode
Robin's flashback - 2 episodes then the "I wanna live!" scene.
[too lazy to list the rest...I only care up to Gear Second and Robin's "I wanna live!" scene at the moment. :p]
Then everything breaks off and everyone goes separate to the final fights (going on right now) - 5 or 6 episodes.
not bad.....i would love to see this .....(i'm sure i will cry when the emo scene comes up (i wanna live)(with music...etc.)

jabbament said:
Obviously, they like leaving little cliffhangers, but I don't think they'll try to stretch things too far...this is just my personal guess as to how long they can/will stay on each part of the invasion of Eines Lobby. 6 months is probably a good guess I'd say to how long we have to wait to catch up to the current chapter in the manga.
if we assume that there will be an ep every week....that means 4 ep every month.....and if we believe in 12+ eps to come in this arc....than it will be at least 3 months.....(oh boy...i can hardly wait)

jabbament

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
when the anime starts again at 05.21.2006 there will be a new ep every week....
Awesome! I didn't know they were going back to weekly...but for how long? :(

I can deal with 3 months easy...hell, much better than 6. :p

And yeah, the "I wanna live!" scene is one of the best...if not the best so far. :p

Lohnt

Reaction score
Country
Greece
I dunno, it feels like this arc has more character development for Ussop than Robin though :/ So I don't think her I wanna live scene will beat Ussops demise..

jabbament

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
refii said:
I dunno, it feels like this arc has more character development for Ussop than Robin though :/ So I don't think her I wanna live scene will beat Ussops demise..
Eh, it will be so much better for those of us who hate Usopp.
I might be alone, but I doubt it...

I know I do. I've never had a real problem with an anime character, until I read Usopp's intro arc...Beyond words.

But, out of curiosity, you mean the entire Water7 arc? Or this Assault on Eines Lobby part? Because, the entire Assault on Einess Lobby...there isn't much development for Usopp, except for Sogeking's appearance, or is my hate blinding me to it?

For now, this is all about Robin in my opinion.

ltphil

Reaction score
Country
Germany
the Usopp evolve thing was quite nice.....

but i think nothing till now can compare with the upcoming "I wanna live"...

Think of the posibilities...the right musik.....the emotions..... :wtf

just think of it make me shudder (pleasure)

and i haven't forget who i've to thank for the HQ Manga Chapter with this scene..... ;)

LONG LIVE JABBAMENT

jabbament

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
ltphil said:
but i think nothing till now can compare with the upcoming "I wanna live"...

Think of the posibilities...the right musik.....the emotions..... :wtf

just think of it make me shudder (pleasure)
Damn straight nothing will compare... :p

and i haven't forget who i've to thank for the HQ Manga Chapter with this scene..... ;)

LONG LIVE JABBAMENT
Haha :p Go thank [Null].
Mmmm...This website doesn't exist!

RumbleBall

To be honest i had'nt read any manga whatso ever until about a month ago when i was sick of waiting for the next episode of one piece to come out. Then i discovered the one piece manga and finally got to see what happened next. And i have to say its been great but i kinda wish i saw the anime rather than the manga cause it loses alot of impact when you have to read it rather than watch it.
Further down this post someone said something about ussops demise, but what did they mean by demise is ussopp going to die or are they talking about him leaving the crew earlier in the arc?
Id also like to say that after watching ussopp leaving the crew and his great fight with luffy then reading the Nico robin's buster call story. Ussopps leaving was faaarrr better than Nico Robins depressing thing. Although thats because i watched the anime of ussopps leaving and only read the manga of Robins.

jabbament

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
RumbleBall said:
To be honest i had'nt read any manga whatso ever until about a month ago when i was sick of waiting for the next episode of one piece to come out. Then i discovered the one piece manga and finally got to see what happened next. And i have to say its been great but i kinda wish i saw the anime rather than the manga cause it loses alot of impact when you have to read it rather than watch it.
That's a matter of opinion. There are alot of people who would rather read a book than watch a movie. There's normally going to be more impact when you watch the acting of a story out, but sometimes the things I imagine while reading are better then what actually happens.

And even afterwards, or before we have the whole story, I think most people imagine how things are going to happen, and for those of us with a good and over-active imagination, we imagine possible things, the way things might happen, and the way we wanted things to happen. Personally, I enjoy imagining things coming up and that could have happened almost as much as reading/watching what really happened.

But, that's just me.

Further down this post someone said something about ussops demise, but what did they mean by demise is ussopp going to die or are they talking about him leaving the crew earlier in the arc?
Id also like to say that after watching ussopp leaving the crew and his great fight with luffy then reading the Nico robin's buster call story. Ussopps leaving was faaarrr better than Nico Robins depressing thing. Although thats because i watched the anime of ussopps leaving and only read the manga of Robins.
That's a matter of personal opinion.

ltphil

Reaction score
Country
Germany
jabbament said:
That's a matter of opinion.
true

jabbament said:
There are alot of people who would rather read a book than watch a movie.
It's sad when i hear something like that.....*bless my imagination* :p

jabbament said:
There's normally going to be more impact when you watch the acting of a story out, but sometimes the things I imagine while reading are better then what actually happens.
yeah....everytime i read the manga.... i make my own little movie in my head :darn .....
the Anime is good thou....love the music....

jabbament said:
Watching them makes me want to stop reading/watching One Piece eventhough its my favorite manga/anime, but I'll probably watch Robin's scene 100+ times when we finally have it.
There is no such thing like stopping.... :mad

The Robin thing has to be good.....please Toei(The company which animates One Piece).....

jabbament said:
[size=7pt]I feel quite a bit better now having gotten some more of my hate out...
[size=7pt]that's a good thing... :amuse

ltphil

Reaction score
Country
Germany
let us all be friends and praise Oda for his special gift (One Piece).... :smile-big

RumbleBall said:
Quick question : how many chapters of manga make up an episode of anime?
there's not a number....but i would think at least 2 Chapters.....but they fill it up with bigger fighting scenes/other fillers...

just enjoy..... :p

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Norway
On average two chapters per story episode, and three-four for for fight-heavy episodes. ^_^

jabbament

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
And yes, Hermie and Itphil are right, 2 is probably the average. I don't think there are many 1:1 chapter/episodes out there, at least none that I can think of.

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
not 'probably', I have proof. :p

Now drop any topic other than the manga-anime delay, or I will start popping caps.

jabbament

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pfft, its not even half-way done. LAME. That's not proof.

LAME.

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Alright, you guys have disregarded two warnings, I'll clear this of anything off-topic now, and lock it for the day.

I don't like to do this, but you brought it on yourself. :(