Discussion - Manga Club - #04 Reading & Sharing "Our Dreams at Dusk" | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Manga Club - #04 Reading & Sharing "Our Dreams at Dusk"

Choose one of the following options for the reading:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Since we managed to build a small and cozy group - WE'RE BACK! With longer rotations now, so we have a more comfortable time for the readings :D
Hello and welcome to the Manga Club!

Presentation and General Rules
This is a collective read spot where we'll be periodically selecting series to be shared. We aim to have people introducing their favorite hidden gems to the community - series we hardly or never heard about and that really deserve some love and attention. So here's the Manga Club format:

Any member can join the club! Just post here saying you wanna be a part of it. The moment you do it, you'll be added to the current rotation. You can participate in the reading and the discussions even if you don't join the suggestions part. You are also allowed to suggest manhuas and manhwas, completed series, and one-shots.
The series rotation format follows these phases: suggesting, selecting, reading, and sharing (explained in the section below).
Avoid suggesting series that already have a dedicated discussion thread, we don't wanna shift the focus from it. In case someone suggests one of those, we'll debate if it will be included as an option for the Manga Club or if the person will be requested to suggest something else.
The first volume of the selected series will be recommended for the reading cycle. Anyone is free to read further, but spoiler tags will be mandatory in the discussion/review thread in case events that only happen past that initial one volume are to be mentioned.

Rotations and Current Calendar
The rotations are monthly and the dates for each phase will be added to this thread once a round starts. Every start of the month, this thread will be updated to follow the calendar below:

1st week - suggesting: during this time, every member of the club has to suggest one series for the pool. If the member suggested a series in the previous month that wasn't selected for the reading, he can choose to re-suggest the series or to provide a new one.
2nd week - selecting: once the pool is formed with the suggestions from all club members, on the first day of the second week, a poll will be added to this thread. To help people selecting the series to be read, details about each of them will be added and pinned here in this thread.
3rd to 6th week - reading and sharing: the members have these two weeks to read and discuss the series. People can do so at their own pace, within this time, and start sharing their thoughts about the series whenever. Spoiler tags are mandatory before the third week ends, though.

#04 Manga Club Rotation Calendar
Suggesting Phase: from Mar 1st to Mar 7th.
Selecting Phase: from Mar 8th to Mar 14th.
Reading and Sharing Phase: from Mar 15th to Apr 14th.

Participants and Suggestions
Our Happy Time (by Farfalla)
Satougashi no Dangan wa Uchinukenai: A Lollypop or A Bullet (by Brandish)
My Girl (by Erinyes)
Trash of the Count's Family (by Asako)
Our Dreams at Dusk (by MarmaladeSky)
Astra Lost in Space (by Ramen)
After the Rain (by ukimix)
Case Files of All-Round Appraiser Q (by Faust)

I sold my life for ten thousand yen per year (by Farfalla)
Insomniacs After School (by Erinyes)
Ichigeki (by Ramen)
Our Dreams at Dusk (by MarmaladeSky)
Yozakura Quartet (by Sky)
May I Ask for One Final Thing (by Juviii)
The Gods Lie (by revo)
They were Eleven (by Faust)
Hotel: since 2079 (by Hardy)
Yankee-kun to hakujou Gaaru (by Tatsumaki)
Knights of Sidonia (by Copy Panda)
Cats are Facing West (by Ustegius)

Cats are Facing West (by Ustegius)
The Way of the House Husband (by revo)
Tenohira Size (by Erinyes)
Ron Kamonohashi: Deranged Detective (by Zirconium)
Sousou no Frieren (by Farfalla)
Ichigeki (by Ramen)
Amaama to Inazuma (by MarmaladeSky)

Castle of the Dragon (by Faust)
My Girl (by Erinyes)
About Death (by Marmalade)
Annarasumanara (by Farfalla)
Fechippuru~ our innocent love~ (by Juviii)
Saihate no Paladin (by Asako)
Ketchup Ninja (by Ramen)

Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
@Demonspeed @MarmaladeSky @Asako @Lambu as requested, we're back! Check if you have new revamp suggestions.
And I'll accept help with tagging ones you believe that would also be interested~

The suggestions period starts now!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Gonna suggest Our Happy Hours (Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan)

Something that happened recently made this hit harder.

"They wanted to die for their own reasons.

Juri Mutou is the daughter of a once-famous pianist whose career came to an end after giving birth to her. After a traumatic event she experienced as a teenager, Juri has attempted suicide three times and has come to hate her mother. With her life clouded due to a dark past, her aunt Monica, a member of the clergy, invites her to visit a convict sentenced to death.

Yuu is a death row inmate charged with murdering three people, leading to many attempts at ending his own life within his jail cell. He frequently receives letters from Monica, who hopes to help him, but sees this as an act of pity. But when Yuu decides to meet Monica to say that he wants her to stop sending letters, he encounters Juri, a meeting that would change both of their lives."

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'll suggest Satougashi no Dangan wa Uchinukenai: A Lollypop or A Bullet

Nagisa Yamada is a cold and withdrawn middle schooler living in a rural town in the countryside. Her mother works part-time jobs in her late father's stead to support Nagisa and her brother Tomohiko, who is a "hikikomori"—someone who is also extremely reclusive. Nagisa aspires to be a soldier for the Self Defense Force to finance both her and her family's needs.

One fateful day, a transfer student by the name of Mokuzu Umino transfers into her school. She immediately garners the classes' attention for being the daughter of a renowned singer and her cute appearance. Claiming to be a mermaid, she seeks out Nagisa, the only person who seemingly harbors no interest toward her. Mokuzu declares that a storm is coming, and she wants Nagisa to be her precious friend. Otherwise, when the storm comes, Mokuzu will go back to the sea, turn into foam, and disappear.

Satougashi no Dangan wa Uchinukenai: A Lollypop or A Bullet follows Nagisa and Mokuzu, as the pair bond over real-life issues in hopes of a better world.

2 vols / 13 chaps

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I hesitated a lot, had acouple of lovely options, especially Maiko-san which is one of the sweetest thing Im reading currently, it keeps getting better and it s easy and fast to read as chapters are short. But coincidentally the anime just started this week, its maybe unfair, hopefully it will help the manga getting more exposure.

I m going the lazy route then, and will pick the same as last time, My Girl, by Sahara Mizu

Synopsis :
Kazama Masamune - a single 23-year-old man... has a child? During the season of cherry blossoms, his beloved passes away. He happens to meet a little girl outside work and realizes she is his daughter who was raised in secrecy by his lover. The worst spring of his life is transformed into a painful yet vivid spring. (source Mangadex)
Around 45 chaps.

:zomg

Nb it s the same author who did Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan Farf-chan suggested, she used 2 pen names Sahara Mizu for her seinen, and Yumeka Sumomo for her BL series.
My girl is really a sweet and touching manga about parenting. :zomg

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Ohhh that cover you posted indeed looks like something from Watashitachi!
Gonna add it to my read list even if it doesn't win, then XD

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
So I'm stuck Between three options, two of them being manhwa and one is a manga (all isekai related tehee...... I'm sorry)
The first one seems to have a big potential, but it only have 6 chapters right now so I think I avoid nominating it right now til I see where it's going
If I could describe it, it's a zombie apocalypse re zero type considering the MC can return by death tho the death aren't as gruesome right now to re zero... but then again it have just 6 chapters right now
it's called survive romance... you couldn't think this is zombie manhwa right

The second manhwa is the one I wanted to nominated last time... Honestly I'm hesitant to nominate it because as much as I love it form reading the novel and now seeing it adapted
It's rather slow paced right now, well it's good for those that read the novel considering they adapting it well and not skipping details but I feel like some could feel like it's slow paced right now as it just in the start (in the webnovel it reached 650+ chapter so you know it's long term series and it's still on going.... )
It simply one that need dedication I guess...
Also it's actually really popular in korea, getting an award for best webnovel, and also being the third or second ranked novel in korea (forgot the rranking... the first rank it actually a webnovel that already ended two years ago and is still leading somehow... )
It's called Trash of the Count's family
Did I mention how beautiful everyone is in this manhwa... especially cale
Man he hot

Some edit the sunglasses on and he still looks good

If you want a summary what this novel about

You know what... fuck it I'm nominating Trash of the Count's family
It's a fun ride and I really really want to nominate it
I leave the manga for an other time considering I probably nominate it an other time or even in manga wars depend on the time it will be

The story all started when one guy didn't want to get beat up by the books hero he read and just wanted a lazy life instead

Boi he not getting that life any soon because of his sense of responsibility... you can't deny it cale, you're the one robbing yourself form your life you dream of....

Edit: btw if you're wondering if there ever be romance in this, there none.. and none will happen in the future either.
This manhwa is more about family love and giving those that lost their family a place to belong.

Also forgot to say this but cale is a noodle, I mean he's every weak especially compare to the other cast
There's also a lot of battle in the future tho... not where the manhwa is... we really right in the beginning.
Cale also more of a strategist than anything AND THE BEST SCAMMER
He so good at scamming people that he can scam himself..

if you're wondering about the manga I was considering nominating it's Isekai Ojisan
As much as the manga want to make you believe it's a comedy, in reality it's Tragedy.... that you laughing at
The art also really good

Last edited:

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
So giving this another shot, since I personally really enjoyed this manga, and would love to share this with you guys: Shimanami Tasogare.
It's pretty short too, so nothing too time consuming :nod

From MAL
"At the peak of a steep hill, in the picturesque Onomichi town, stands a building with a lounge open to all. An unusual group of friendly people gathers there, each with their own stories to tell.

Tasuku Kaname is a troubled high school student who is prepared to commit suicide because his classmates found out that he might be gay. As he questions his existence, the sight of a mysterious woman jumping off a nearby building leaves him utterly startled. He rushes to the scene only to discover her unharmed, soon learning that she is the owner of the aforementioned building, known to everyone as "Anonymous."

Anonymous notices Tasuku's nervous temperament and offers him an ear if he is willing to share his problems. While speaking to her, he realizes that the most painful thing is his inability to accept his sexuality. Emotional and heartfelt, Shimanami Tasogare is a realistic take on the struggles of Tasuku among other lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people in coming to terms with their selves."

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
LAST DAY FOR SUGGESTIONS, GUYS!
I'll make some simple cards for the series tomorrow and we start the voting^^
Don't forget to check the 3# winner, suggested by @Asako ! I'm also super late but I'm done reading the first volume, will post my thoughts later on.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
School is starting to lessen in terms of workload so I will participate in this one.

What are we reading?

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
School is starting to lessen in terms of workload so I will participate in this one.

What are we reading?
Aah nice! We are still picking this rounds manga, you can still suggest a manga for the poll if you want:nod

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Come join us guys!! :zomg

Doing some tagging for those who might want to join us:
@Sky @revo @Nii @Ramen @ukimix

@Xadyu @Brandish μ @Juviii @Copy Panda @Faust
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Ustegius @Tatsumaki @Evil3ye @Zirconium @Elusia

@desin24 @SirSamuel016 @zi @Organizized @Kiki

And done :3 Hope some of you will join us!
I'm decently busy with Uni but maybe? 👀

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Poll is uuuuup~
Getting some simple cards ready now.

ABOUT THE SERIES

They wanted to die for their own reasons.

Juri Mutou is the daughter of a once-famous pianist whose career came to an end after giving birth to her. After a traumatic event she experienced as a teenager, Juri has attempted suicide three times and has come to hate her mother. With her life clouded due to a dark past, her aunt Monica, a member of the clergy, invites her to visit a convict sentenced to death.

Yuu is a death row inmate charged with murdering three people, leading to many attempts at ending his own life within his jail cell. He frequently receives letters from Monica, who hopes to help him, but sees this as an act of pity. But when Yuu decides to meet Monica to say that he wants her to stop sending letters, he encounters Juri, a meeting that would change both of their lives.

Nagisa Yamada is a cold and withdrawn middle schooler living in a rural town in the countryside. Her mother works part-time jobs in her late father's stead to support Nagisa and her brother Tomohiko, who is a "hikikomori"—someone who is also extremely reclusive. Nagisa aspires to be a soldier for the Self Defense Force to finance both her and her family's needs.

One fateful day, a transfer student by the name of Mokuzu Umino transfers into her school. She immediately garners the classes' attention for being the daughter of a renowned singer and her cute appearance. Claiming to be a mermaid, she seeks out Nagisa, the only person who seemingly harbors no interest toward her. Mokuzu declares that a storm is coming, and she wants Nagisa to be her precious friend. Otherwise, when the storm comes, Mokuzu will go back to the sea, turn into foam, and disappear.

Satougashi no Dangan wa Uchinukenai: A Lollypop or A Bullet follows Nagisa and Mokuzu, as the pair bond over real-life issues in hopes of a better world.

Single 23-year-old Kazama Masamune... has a kid? During the season of cherry blossoms, his beloved passes away. He happens to meet a little girl outside work and realizes she is his daughter who was raised in secrecy by his lover. The worst spring of his life is transformed into a painful yet vivid time.

[The Birth of a Hero] was a novel focused on the adventures of the main character, Choi Han, a high school boy who was transported to a different dimension from Earth, along with the birth of the numerous heroes of the continent.
I became a part of that novel as the tr*sh of the Count’s family, the family that oversaw the territory where the first village that Choi Han visits is located.

The problem is that Choi Han becomes twisted after that village, and everyone in it, are destroyed by assassins.

The bigger problem is the fact that this stupid trash who I’ve become doesn’t know about what happened in the village and messes with Choi Han, only to get beaten to a pulp.

“…This is going to be a problem.”

I feel like something serious has happened to me.

But it was worth trying to make this my new life.

At the peak of a steep hill, in the picturesque Onomichi town, stands a building with a lounge open to all. An unusual group of friendly people gathers there, each with their own stories to tell.

Tasuku Kaname is a troubled high school student who is prepared to commit suicide because his classmates found out that he might be gay. As he questions his existence, the sight of a mysterious woman jumping off a nearby building leaves him utterly startled. He rushes to the scene only to discover her unharmed, soon learning that she is the owner of the aforementioned building, known to everyone as "Anonymous."

Anonymous notices Tasuku's nervous temperament and offers him an ear if he is willing to share his problems. While speaking to her, he realizes that the most painful thing is his inability to accept his sexuality. Emotional and heartfelt, Shimanami Tasogare is a realistic take on the struggles of Tasuku among other lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people in coming to terms with their selves.

In the year 2063, space travel is feasible and commercially available. As the cheerful Aries Spring arrives at the spaceport to attend a camp on the distant planet McPa, her purse is suddenly snatched by a reckless thief. Luckily, the athletic Kanata Hoshijima is able to retrieve it for her, and Aries soon discovers that he is among the group of teenagers who will be travelling with her on the excursion as team B-5.

Upon arriving at their campsite, the group's trip takes a turn for the worse when a strange sphere of black light sucks them into the vast reaches of outer space. Stranded with seemingly no hope, they find an abandoned ship nearby that provides them with the means to return home. However, they soon discover that they are not as close to their campsite as they initially thought, but are in fact thousands of light-years away from home.

With this realization, the nine members must cautiously manage their resources, maintain their strength, and unite as one to conquer the darkness of space together. While the reason behind their trip's sudden obstruction remains unknown, they nevertheless embark on the treacherous voyage back home aboard their new ship, the Astra.

Akira Tachibana, a reserved high school student and former track runner, has not been able to race the same as she used to since she experienced a severe foot injury. And although she is regarded as attractive by her classmates, she is not interested in the boys around school.

While working part-time at the Garden Cafe, Akira begins to develop feelings for the manager—a 45-year-old man named Masami Kondou—despite the large age gap. Kondou shows genuine concern and kindness toward the customers of his restaurant, which, while viewed by others as soft or weak, draws Akira to him. Spending time together at the restaurant, they grow closer, which only strengthens her feelings. Weighed down by these uncertain emotions, Akira finally resolves to confess, but what will be the result?

Yuto works for a magazine company known as "Kadokawa". His current project revolves around a mysterious phenomenon occurring inside the city. Someone or something has been placing stickers of a sumo wrestler's face all around the city in various places. No one knows who is placing the stickers or what their objective may be, but these stickers have been showing up in places for a while now.
Yuto now needs the help of an appraiser to solve this mystery. Searching through the web, he finds an appraiser known as the "Appraiser Q". Her name is Rinda Riko, and she has the ability to appraise anything (or anyone) and solve any mystery thrown her way.

Poll is gonna be up for a week!​

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I like Sahara Misu's narrative, so I'll go with Watashitachi (My Girl seems nice too but I prefer the other plot).

After the Rain is really enjoyable funny intense romantic story with an unexpected end and really lovable art. I'm sure it's really easy to like it.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
I ended up reading Watashitachi in one go XD (so I voted for other series instead), got so hooked.

We have a big tie so far, people are rly torn XD Great sign * - *
Just a reminder that ones that didn't suggest a series are also free to vote! (and join the reading)

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
I may or may not start advertising trash count again and again considering I didn't realise how little info bad the summary is to it (ok it's like point zero in the story so it doesn't really say much especially if you know nothing before)
It says almost nothing
One of the things you need to know about it is the MC is a big tsundere, his personality honestly the biggest highlight of the story
As one crazy chunni elemental says "CHAOS DESTRUCTION PEACE" the story™
what am I doing, at this point I want a novel club....

Also voted for Watashitachi, really liked the premise

Last edited: