Request - Manga Page "Options and Subscriptions" Suggestion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Request Manga Page "Options and Subscriptions" Suggestion

Xman

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Heya,

1st, the Manga Page update list is very awesome :D

But, I would like to add some suggestion. and I'm sure you have seen it in alot of websites before....

Well, It would be awesome if you can you add a slot in the Options and Subscriptions section at Manga pages, where I can add a number of the last chapter I read/download...

It would be nice to track which chapter I finish. because you see, I read alot of Manga and I lose track of new chapters and the chapters I finished so far :D

P.S. it could be added anywhere, you could say you can put a slot into My Action sections :>

Last edited:

AoiKage

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hmm, you're not the only one with a bad memory for chapter numbers! :D
Everytime I feel like start reading something I put on hiatus again I end up giving up because I don't know what was the last chapter I read :D

As a solution, I started writing the number of the last chapter I read for every series I follow (except for the WSJ series, my memory is not so bad yet :D) on my own, since I don't think this is an important feature and I guess the admins probably won't spend their time to implement such feature just for dumb people like me. ^^

Xman

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, I would have to copy and past every Manga name and stuff. at that point, I think I lost the point of having My Favorites list D':

Nimloth

よろず屋 / Yorozuya
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Norway
I'd rather make the system remember the last chapter number you read automatically ;}

Xman

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'd rather make the system remember the last chapter number you read automatically ;}
Well, that would be way harder than an empty slot that can updated with a number.

Nimloth

よろず屋 / Yorozuya
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Well, that would be way harder than an empty slot that can updated with a number.
Not really.

Storing latest_chapter_read for every user for every manga as a field that requires making an admin input, a form to store, etc is roughly the same or less work than making the system remember it for you.

And that is pretty much my official take on this -- if this is to be created, it will be made properly by the system to remember on its' own -- not manual input fields for all manga.

Xman

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Not really.

Storing latest_chapter_read for every user for every manga as a field that requires making an admin input, a form to store, etc is roughly the same or less work than making the system remember it for you.

And that is pretty much my official take on this -- if this is to be created, it will be made properly by the system to remember on its' own -- not manual input fields for all manga.
I got your point, but I think that would required an Online Veiwing for every manga and each chapter, sometimes you find a link for another website OV/Download, or maybe you checked that chapter in another website before opening the link from MH. and you want to update the last number you got.

kongregate

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
i usually bookmark the chapter, the subscription also need to forum user to pay money in mastercard and paypal. very troublesome.