MarmaladeSky

☽ RED SUN ☾
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
MangaHelpers Art Contest #15-16: Kimetsu no Yaiba Coloring

Hi everyone! And welcome to this art contest. It's been awhile since our last coloring contest, so here we are! It's your task to color a Kimetsu no Yaiba related image. You can use the image below, however you are free to pick your own line-art to colour - as long as you give credit to the original image.
Sounds like fun right? It's up to you if you want to color digitally of traditionally.

Source = Jia Jin Tan
Category: Coloring
Theme: Kimetsu no Yaiba

What do I need to know before submission?

• All members are welcome to join the contest. There is no minimum post or user status you need to have to participate.
  • Entries for the contest must be posted in this thread.
  • Each participant can only submit ONE ENTRY.
  • Use MangaHelpers’ Media Gallery to upload your entries. Any problem with uploading, let us know.
  • Submissions not following the weeks theme will result in disqualification. If you have any question about the contest, you can ask it [HERE].
  • You must credit the artist of the stock images you’re using (see example below). This goes from renders to brushes and textures. If it’s all original art, write so in the credits.

How do I upload and submit my entry?
  1. Go HERE. (01- Fanart: Drawing & Coloring Contest)
  2. Click the "Upload Image" button.
  3. After upload is completed, you'll be shown your uploaded image with an edit box for commentary/additional information. After adding necessary information you wish, click "Save Media" and you'll be brought to the sharing media page.
  4. Choose the "Share BB Code" and post within this thread; choosing this will save you having to select any additional codes you want to post here.
  5. For more information on how to use the media gallery and uploading, go HERE.
Post Format:
Code:
"Theme Name" - "Work Title" by "Artist Name"(Large size thumbnail - upload image to image gallery.)
"Comments"
"Credits"
ExampleFemale - Sayuri by Leen

Stock/Credits: Planetrenders.net

Voting Details:

• Voting will commence after submission period is over, that is June 21th (23.00 GMT)
  • Announcement of winners, next contest dates and theme will be done soon after the voting period is over.

Goodluck everyone! :lovebunny

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Art Contest #15-16: "Kimetsu no Yaiba Coloring" - "Tanjiro and Nezuko" by Seraph

Hey Everyone,happy to participate in another Art-Contest this year,didn't think i'd see another one this much down my lane like this one so soon. Now while i'm no Pro at coloring and editing pictures i still appreciate the opportunity to get some decent pictures to practice with/on. Takes lots of practice to call yourself a Master after all,i'm far from it but i'm getting there eventually for sure. Appreciate any feedback or critic to the piece submitted naturally. Anyway,hope you all like it,i tried my best here haha.

Credits go to Jia Jin Tan for the Original colorless picture.

I only used Photoshop to color this Picture.
:verily

Purity of Magi

Reaction score
Country
Liechtenstein
Kimetsu no Yaiba Coloring - "The Kamado siblings + Shinobu" by Purity of Magi

Credits:
  • The first lineart has been provided by the contest host srsly tho that lineart and these edges quality was just ....... >.>
  • The second panel is from the manga itself. I can't exactly recall from which chapter it was again.
  • Logo: https://www.kindpng.com/picc/m/32-320435_demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-logo-hd-png.png
  • The colorization and cleaning etc., is done by Purity of Magi in Paint Tool Sai and in Pixlr for extra effect for both.
  • Duration in total for both would be approx. 5 to 6 hrs, I think?

Comment:

I wanted to give it a try and color it as the original work of the drawing, and I can satisfying say that it worked/got captured quite well for the time I had for it! Also, for the manga page I wanted to do it a bit differently, which worked out okay. Funnily enough, even with the same techniques it still gives it a bit of a different contrast, which personally fits quite well together in here. So therefore, I felt like to go a bit cover - manga style merged together, hence the colorization for both which was also permitted.

Either way, I think in the end it come out quite well. It can always be better, but I did this during online lecture so, it was fun (and lost my patient sometimes). XD

PS: I love Shinobu. It was impossible not to include her, like guys.. you dajiobu? -3-

Last edited:

pamuchi

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Kimetsu no Yaiba Coloring - "Muichiro & Yoriichi coloring" by Pamuchi

Coments:
  • For both pieces, I used Clip studio + Paint tool Sai + Medibang. Clip studio for the lineart and effects for the final piece. Pain tool Sai for the coloring and blending. Medibang to work it from my phone, like deleting small details from the lineart or adding some stuff that at the end I deleted them since it was too heavy.
  • I choose these two panels (spread) for two reasons: It was quite challenging and I wanted to try new techniques that I haven't tried. Each one are from chapter 122 and chapter 190 I think don't remember lol.
  • As for the Muichirou piece, I enjoyed doing the hair lol. It was a damn hard to lineart all those fishes. It took me two days or so, because I spend more time doing the lineart than the coloring.
  • As for the Yoriichi piece, Ive never made fire digitally, so this is the first time ever and here's the result. I wanted to color this panel because I wanted to portray the beauty of it. Might have nailed or not, but there it is. It took me half a day to complete it.
Credits:
By me.
Manga panels by Gotouge.

The reason why I decided to make the lineart was because its the perfect way to practice and train your hand, this, for future lineart made by my own. Also to redraw things that are missing in the original piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.