1. A new contest has begun, enter HERE!

Voting has now begun for the Super Heroes contest! so choose and favourites and show some love!
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. The Anime Awards 2017 are over. You can now check out all the winners!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Discussion Meliodas: strength/power/stats in Nanatsu

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by dark123, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Shalom Xiong

Shalom Xiong Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Fairy Tail
    Spoilers:

Escanor vs meliodas

You need to update it as of now. Escanor peeks at 50,060. Meliodas is at 60,000 from his Resurrection. What i think is that everytime meliodas gets his emotions eaten when he dies he comes back stronger and more brutal(Like everytime he uses that black mark he smiles)(He plays with his target and is just ruthless).(Like when he was when he was leader of 10 commandment)

2. LivewireToriko

LivewireToriko Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Algeria
    Wat?

1. Escanor's peak is not 50,060. That was his power level vs galan. He completely dwarfed that and oneshot estarossa who was at 60,000k too, and still had somewhere between 30 minutes to an hour more of powering up.

2. Meliodas base is 60k, that isn't his full power level. We don't know what it is when he uses the mark.

3. Meliodas does come back stronger every time he dies and gets his emotion eaten. It was literally stated. It's already a fact. Why are you saying it like your proposing a new theory or something?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  3. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

United States
    I'm pretty sure Prime Mel was when he was still evil and leading the 10C

Post defecting the Demon Clan isn't Meliodas in his prime lol, the mark is different in the recent chapter flashbacks

4. Meliodaf

Meliodaf Registered User

United States
    It's was directly confirmed that he comes back stronger when he dies.

5. Gaggen

Gaggen Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Malaysia
    There has to be an ultimate being who is responsible for creating demons and godesses... and hopefully that 'character' would exist sooner or later otherwise the manga will be incomplete. What i believe is that escanor is an incarnation of that supreme being that would end the upcoming holy war and end the conflict between the demons and goddesses. He is there for a reason. And i hope we dont have to compete who is stronger since estarossa was never afraid of prime mel and looked up to him. From his expression before getting oneshotted it seems like he has never seen a being so strong before maybe prime mel was.. and merlin already stated that escanor still reigns as the strongest sin and holy knight. So far what i have seen is meliodas as the strongest demon not the strongest warrior. Well dont you think there is a warrior among the godesses who could be on par with him??? Otherwise this cold blooded midget could roam around and kill any goddesses at will and estarossa himself stated that the both clans power were on par. Now there has to be someone strong in the past to keep him checked. Guess we will find out soon enough, so it will be wiser to not judge him as the "strongest". But tbh having a midget who has a power level higher than noon escanor 24/7 would simply ruin the manga. So before judging, everything we know so far should take accounted...

LivewireToriko likes this.
  6. Meliodaf

Meliodaf Registered User

United States
    Estarossa wasn't scared because that was his brother. Everyone else was terrified. He was the supreme demon for a reason. He was shocked Escanor was so strong because he didn't expect any of them to be that strong. Just like when he was initially surprised that Escanor was so arrogant he didn't feel hate.The present command voiced this exact feeling. It had nothing to with Meliodas.We'll see eventually but I'm still taking Meliodas (Avi aside). Even Merlin looked worried about Meliodas reverting back and she would know better than anyone. I can't imagine her being worried if she thought Escanor could beat Meliodas alone. I don't think Escanor would get stomped but I think he loses and ultimately just succeeds in pissing Meliodas off.

And exactly what does Meliodas being short have to do with anything and how does it ruin the manga. By that logic the manga will be ruined if Diane or Dolor isn't the strongest.Sounds like you just don't like Meliodas.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    AiNana likes this.
  7. Gaggen

Gaggen Registered User

Malaysia
    Your profile picture says it all and i dont have to waste my time debating with you. Stop twisting what i am trying to tell. All i wanted to tell is that midget is not the strongest warrior like some people posted it earlier. There has to be a godesses warrior who is on par with him otherwise he can kill any godesses at will plus he has no emotion at that time. And escanor is created for a purpose . Merlin knows that escanor respects meliodas alot and he will hestitate to turn his blade against his captain. Telling meliodas to be the strongest doesnt make any sense. Its like noon escanor walking around 24/7 and where is the logic in that. He is like a time bomb which can explode anytime... estarossa shat in his pants and shouted like a woman getting raped and you are telling me he is suprised by his power??? And yes i hate meliodas , problem???

8. Meliodaf

Meliodaf Registered User

United States

My avi says nothing because I never said Meliodas is the strongest but the hate says everything.You just really don't want him to be the strongest because a lot of that stuff was completely unrelated to Meliodas.We don't know what Merlin knows.Second, he was factually surprised. He was surprised Escanor was affected by the Commandment and he was surprised by Escanor's strength because the Commandments didn't think a human could be that strong they said that. He thought he was fine when he used full counter and was shocked that he got hit despite guarding. He was shocked that Escanor was so fast. Then he healed himself and thought he had the upper hand when he covered Escanor's sun in darkness but Escanor pulled it out and hit him with it anyway. Anybody would be surprised if a human they thought was weak punched them through their guard,moved faster than the could see and hit them with a SUN they thought they nullified. I'm not twisting anything. We don't know who the strongest is and Escanor beating Estarossa doesn't make it any clearer. And Meliodas has NOTHING to do with the fight. Also I don't think Estarossa ever said the clans were on par. In fact, everybody that was alive during that time points to Meliodas as the sole reason the Demons lost. There's that and the Goddesses having the three other clans fighting along side them to beat the demons.

9. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Holy Britannian Empire
    Moderator Notice:
    Please respect others' opinions - we all hold different views. Any posts which are likely to start a Holy War (:kappa) and/or convey no message, leading to an off-topic discussion, will be deleted.

Thank you.~ Gallon

kiriya likes this.
  10. Rescorlian

Rescorlian Registered User

France
    I'm actually very surprised nobody created an Escanor vs. Meliodas thread. It's been more than one year we have these lames arguments from each side whatever the topic is. Maybe you should give it a shot :p

11. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Holy Britannian Empire
    You can discuss that topic in the Sin ranking thread - I don't think we need another thread for those two, really.

12. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

United States
    Comepletey entitled to your own opinion but you deliberately claiming you hate Mel makes it hard to take your post serious, it comes off as biased

As for Mel's stats I do personally believe he's the strongest, due to his feats so far

Taking out 2 commandments at base with no effort and erasing Fraudrin with literally 1 punch kind of speaks for itself but still believe Escanor will have the highest overall stats

But on the topic at hand I think Mel's power fluctuates, in pretty sure it's

1. Evil Full Power Mel (Estarossa flashback)
    2. Defected 3,000 year war Mel (A bit weaker due to human emotions, no more curse mark on forehead)
    3. Current Mel
    4. Mel post Ishtar power up
    5. 1st Arc Mel

I say this being because Merlin did stay everyone was 10x stronger during the war due to constant battle and Mel claiming hes still rusty after regaining his powers in Ishtar

13. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    For me the biggest question here is why in the world mel's power varies as much as it does. Based on what we know it goes like this:

Before the holy war meliodas was the ultimate demon worthy of succeeding the demon king.

At some point he looses some of his power and becomes as he currently is in the story (he has the same demon mark as right now when fighting alongside dolor and gloxinia against the demon army and karmadios).

The war ends and 3000 years pass. Meliodas has about 32500 PL and can increase it to about 56k with his demon mark (based on the numbers given in the databook)

Merlin takes a chance and steals most of his power which is reduced to 3370.

Merlin returns the power.

meliodas dies and his base power is 60k and my guess is that it increases to about the 100k with his demon mark.

Now, most of this is pretty clear but there are a few points that remain odd. For one thing, it is clear meliodas during the war was different from how estarosa remembered him. If anything even his personality back then is more or less the same as we have seen through most of the manga.

Now, if I had to guess is that this first apparent change in personality, appearance and perhaps even power is due to him dying. Meliodas is not a commandment at that point, though perhaps that happened recently and it is entirely possible that he had to die and come back in order to pull this off. However, unlike his current deaths rather than powering him up this one made him weaker.

Now we get to the post holy war.... We know his power decreased from about 60k to 32.5k. Which is a pretty big deal. More so, as a pure demon his lifespan should have been something like 1000. Now, assuming he died shortly before the holy war it means that by the time he joined dolor and gloxinia he was right at the start of a new cycle. And that also means he probably died about 2000 years ago, then 1000 years ago and estarosa happened to kill him at about the end of his current cycle. Unless of course he had other deaths in the meantime but that seems kinda unlikely (though not impossible).

One thing that stroke me as odd is how meliodas reacted to the demon king in purgatory. It's almost like if meliodas was surprised in a way. Not to mention that mel becoming weaker over the past 3000 years makes no sense at all given what we know. I guess it is plausible the demon king alternates between devouring mel's emotions and devouring his power... So the first times mel died he became weaker but gained emotions and now he is gaining power but loosing his emotions.

Another possibility I have considered is that meliodas perhaps used the bulk of his power 3000 years ago to seal the demon clan and get rid of the goddess clan. Basically he would have sealed them at the expense of his power and was left as a powerless shell. So time goes on and he died. And came back stronger. Then again. And again until he got back to how he is.

And then the elephant in the room.... For plot reason, meliodas kinda has to die one more time. The demon king needs to return and killing mel seems to be the way to get that done. Though his demon brethren does not seem to be familiar with this. So one more death for mel to return to his true power that made him a match to the demon king and also one more death for the demon king tor return. It's only fitting that the demon king would return when mel is at full power. So... how does mel die? In his current base form he is at least a match for zeldris and estarosa. If he uses his transformations he would vastly surpass them. If he doesn't, he would still be able to hold his ground. And then there is escanor whose true power likely dwarfs what we have seen from him up to this point in the story and the other sins are also powering up as we speak. Merlin seems to have already powered up to a point where she is easily relevant agains the commandments. I guess meliodas could be poisoned though with liz and his demon resilience this should be quite difficult. The sins being defeated does not seem to be likely at this point. Of course, the sin's victory is hardly guaranteed but given how things are developing it does seem like the commandments are slowly loosing ground given galan's defeat, fraudrin's death, merascylly going MIA (I maintain she is alive considering zaratras was a thing) and greylord being taken hostage. Not to mention zeldris, estarosa, deriere and moonspiet being at least temporarily incapacitated.

So.... the only other way I can guess meliodas will die is that he will kill himself.... Perhaps to bring about the end of the war or perhaps because he was cornered somehow and needs extra power. The goddesses are returning at some point in which case meliodas just might not be enough. The situation would basically turn into a 3 way war between the goddess clan, the sins and the commandments....

14. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

United States
    Ready when you are

15. Gaggen

Gaggen Registered User

Malaysia
    Sure....

16. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Mahesvara

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Just a reminder that you should not talk about the content of the spoiler threads here. If you want to, use spoiler tags or your posts will be deleted.

17. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

United States
    So according to your logic Monspeet and Derieri were not defeated back in Liones because they did not have bruises on their body and Nakaba didn't confirm it ?

Did Commandments no retreat after Mel defeated Fraudrin ?

http://m.mangatown.com/manga/nanatsu_no_taizai/c197/8.html

They were defeated by Meliodas is less than 1 chapter, I literally don't see why you continue to argue against that or a lot of things stated in the manga

Please enlightenment me, use evidence from the source and not emotional statements

Let's keep this civil

18. Gaggen

Gaggen Registered User

Malaysia
    *bold- some retreated before meliodas whooped their ass.... especially the most badasses ones.... . And they find it useless fighting mel because he cant die and they already figure that out so retreat was the best option to prevent casualities