MH's Fujoshi Corner ♥ sponsored by eni! | Page 25 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

MH's Fujoshi Corner ♥ sponsored by eni!

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That's not really a hard act to pull off is it? Most Satans in manga are well... fugly :XD
>.>

It's Yuki Kaori's typical drawing style, I dunno how much you like it (I know that ttx finds it ugly, like every shoujo style) but I adore her art. It's what dragged me so deep into Manga after all and she's pretty much the Takehiko Inoue of the Shoujo world - very detailed, fine art. Ink with watercolor and lots of leather and bondage (very Visual Kei stylish) <3

The Vampire Host J-drama I posted the screenshots from earlier is based on her Bloodhound volume.

Last edited:

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Bah, the first one just looks like any other bishie character. I'm not impressed by that one :amuse

Second one: good, I like it. Art style and design is very evocative and indicative of a devilish background.

Incidentally just so you know, American comics has a Lucifer comic >.> It's very well-respected, although I haven't read it.

Last edited:

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Bah, the first one just looks like any other bishie character.
Maybe from today's view but this manga started in 1994 and marked a huge style change in shoujo manga. It steps miles away from the drawing style of the late 80ies/early 90ies and is also special because it was unusual for shoujo manga to have that dark and mature (lots of blood, slashed bodies and tragedy in this one) story telling back then. Yuki Kaori's manga are milestones in the (bad girl part of the) shoujo world and the hype around it is pretty high. Her works are very complex, similar to CLAMP. Basically, you could say that his character is the base for modern bishies >.>

And ... hmm... that blondie looks weird... to much yellow in the pic >.>

Last edited:

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Ah, in that case - if it's the original "bishie" then I take back my disdain XD Thanks for letting me know.

And yeah, I'm not sure about the Lucifer art, but it's somewhat how I'd imagine the original to look like at least when he was an angel. At least I think he's got platinum blonde hair... Anyway the selling point isn't really the art, it's the writing, I've heard it's extraordinary. Tsk, I just downloaded it, I'll find out for myself in due time.

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Eni, I finally reached the chapter where the Mad Hatter appears. He/She's so goddamn funny. I love the violin, lol. But I still can't remember all those different names from these angels. -.-

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Post some pics, Firu. It's a Sandman spinoff from what I've read, so there must be more to the art than those covers show me ^^

Magier, just try to keep track on the storyline - that's already hard enough :amuse
(I've read some chapters twice and more to understand what was going on >.>)

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The manga is so full of text, it's indeed difficult. >_>

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Angel Sanctuary was one of my first manga, I think even my first Edited Manga. Not being used to right-to-left reading and manga style in general, you can imagine how I struggled through this one.

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
Reaction score
Country
France
You know, ieni, now that I think about it it probably was my first Edited Manga too :oh Kinda amazing we both started by the same manga and loved it given how different our tastes are, huh? :p

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm not really sure whether it's amazing or scary :XD

:hug

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Eni, Eni, Eni :luv
I loooovce the Mad Hatter.

When he was as good as dead in volume 11 during this particular sacrifice-scene, I cried. I was like "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no." And so stupid me said "sniff, okay, maybe you can continue to read tomorrow (orr ather today because I read AS till 3 a.m.)". AND AND? Of course I stopped after the pager where he says "farewell". I really shouldn't have done that because I thought, even if it was just for some hours, that he/she's seriously dead. When I just finished reading volume 11, I was like "wtf, wtf, he/she's alive. God save the queen, GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT".

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
So there's actually a Mad Hatter in AS?

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes, Babs :amuse

lol, Magier :XD

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Why?! I wanted to see at least ONE scene, ONE goddamn fucking scene with Lucifer and the Mad Hatter in one panel?!!!
Why?!.... Arghs~~ why is there no such picture in the manga. T_T

But Lucifer indeed rocks my socks. Smexy :drool

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Have you finished already? :amuse
Lucifer is my favorite alltime Bishie. My first and longest manga love :luv ... ehem...

He's modeled after a certain Visual Kei singer, btw. I forgot which one.

If you like Yuki Kaori's drawing and story telling, you may want to check out her other series:
http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=309

Bloodhound (as stated above) contains Vampire, Boys Next Door and Kaine is shounen-ai (BnD was my first boys love manga ever, btw), Neiji is a little confusing but cute, Ludwig and God Child/Count Cain are genre classics that shouldn't missed out.

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You don't happen... by any chance.... have seen some *coughs* Lucifer/Belial*coughs* doujinshi out there? >_>

By the way, I hate Sara. She's so annoying. I feel sorry for Kuria (this was her name right?)

bigtymer32

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
hey whats up seeing that you had a ask me thread .thought i'd come by and say hey how are things with ya?
whats your fav music to listen too?
if you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm sorry for the late answer.... again ;_;

You don't happen... by any chance.... have seen some *coughs* Lucifer/Belial*coughs* doujinshi out there? >_>
Nope sorry. In fact, I haven't seen any AS doujins. If you find some... preferable involving Kira/Lucifer than consider it your mission to report me instantely :oh

hey whats up seeing that you had a ask me thread .thought i'd come by and say hey how are things with ya?
whats your fav music to listen too?
'ello :amuse

Things are busy, just two weeks to go for my final exam thesis, so I still skip on "not so much important threads" as you can see.

My favorite music is melodic power metal. But I don't have a particular genre that I dislike/like the most, so I listen to nearly everything before I decide.

if you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
Hm, I don't know. There are so many nice places in this world. I love the four seasons, so I would prefer a place where they're very distinct: hot summer, snowy winter, golden fall and colorful spring. Though, the current climate change doesn't make it easy to find such a place.

I also love the ocean and fir forests. Scandinavia has some wonderful areas but my current home place is very beautiful as well.

bigtymer32

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
oh ok nice answers and don't worry we all get busy :)

deadberry

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I hop on IRC right now will you be around?

=p