MH's Fujoshi Corner ♥ sponsored by eni! | Page 37 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

MH's Fujoshi Corner ♥ sponsored by eni!

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I thought Nuno's trolling of a few of us that he lost some fingers because he didn't where gloves when he rode his bike was quite nice, yeah that's the ticket :3c

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hm, I need help. I need a quote for my thesis. Can be a text quote or can be a manga panel.

----> Must be related to manga/anime or Japanese culture.
----> Can be a manga or anime quote, a quote from a Japanese author, celebrity or some Japanese historical phrase.

Possible topics but not limited to:
- education, pedagogic
- youth, youth culture, subculture
- intercultural exchange and misunderstandings
- german/western ppl meet japanese
- human relations among each other
- growing up/identity search/standing out in an conventional environment

Preferable in Japanese original text and English translation - anyone? :x

My thesis is about the subculture transfer (Japanese Otaku scene -> German youth scene), the problem and misunderstandings that come up with it as well as how Japanese and German people think about the creation of such culture hybrid rooms (taking over another culture as one's identity). As it's a thesis for Social Work, I also ask how the topic is used for school and youth work and in which ways it influences young people on making a job education choice~

//edit - oh forgot, Boys Love gets an extra spot as case study ^___^

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
You could do a thesis on how whites see Japanese as something bad? Louis the white from Freezing looked down on Kazuya for being Japanese and gettin with his half-sister, who Louis himself lusted for/loved. That's western people meeting Japanese?

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Like this? (jump to 9:39)
The kotatsu moment between Kyouya (100% japanese) and Tamaki (half jap, half french, raised in France till recently).

Last edited by a moderator:

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Haha I'm just a random popping by. But yeah looking at that list it strikes me that Neon Genesis Evangelion probably has a lot of what you need. If it isn't then sorry for posting :sweatdrop

Responding point by point:
- education, pedagogic

NGE is essentially a bildungsroman, has a lot to do with child/parent relations. As for specifically education I'm not that clear.

- youth, youth culture, subculture
As mentioned above, it deals with teenagers growing up. No subcultures though.

I know the Asuka meets Shinji part being Germany meets Japan is purely random and while it has some intercultural implications, I'm not quite sure if they're really solid, and what they actually are. In fact I can't actually think of any manga's that actually deal with foreigners (specifically) most of them are centered in Japan.

See above, Asuka & Shinji. Similar values, and environments when growing up.

- human relations among each other
Yeah, this has a lot. Shinji with his father, his mother (possibly Oedipal), and the tensions between his friends Rei (who resembles his mother), Asuka.

- growing up/identity search/standing out in an conventional environ
Mostly this element, Shinji's feeling of being needed by his father, a place in his father's life after being abandoned. His so called "hedghog's dilemma" in terms of making friends and etc. And being different: pilot of a living mecha.

Good luck with your thesis!

PS:
Yeah just a clip to show you what it's like.

Also, don't use these sub; they're unofficial.

0.o It's been...more than a month. I sincerely apologise to all subscribers for killing this thread.

/baka out.

Last edited by a moderator: