Discussion - Mini Movelists of Rokushiki combined with other Devil Fruits | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Mini Movelists of Rokushiki combined with other Devil Fruits

Shojin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Alright guys, ever since I watched GrandLineReview's video on Mr.5 Bomu Bomu no mi over two weeks ago, I've started trying my hand at coming up with techniques that utilizes Rokushiki with other DFs besides just the Hana Hana no mi like I had been for the past 11 years. Here's some of what I got down so far:

http://goo.gl/nRksdB

As for Miss Valentine's Kilo Kilo no mi, I decided to just condense the ideas for that fruit into it's own document due to how many techniques than I initially intended. In fact, this made me appreciate the fruit's potential more than ever (I still don't think it's versatility is anywhere near as good as Robin's Hana Hana fruit tho).

https://goo.gl/RK3W4M

Anyway, feel free to throw in ideas for other kinds of techniques for these combos as well as any other DFs you think I should try to combine Rokushiki with and make a small movelist out of. :)

Admiral Teach

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I like the detail you went through working on this. It really does make the Kilo Kilo no Mi seem very, very threatening. Though just about everything is threatening with Rokushiki attached, that particular devil fruit has potential due to how it affects weight.

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like the detail you went through working on this. It really does make the Kilo Kilo no Mi seem very, very threatening. Though just about everything is threatening with Rokushiki attached, that particular devil fruit has potential due to how it affects weight.
Thank you so much! I'm glad that you liked them!

Yeah, it truly can be a dangerously useful fruit in the right hands. Too bad that Miss Valentine isn't one of them. lol

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Damn, this will never end lol. There are way too many fruits that would be simply devastating if the wielders had a shred of competence at fighting. The weight manipulation fruits are just the tip of the iceberg tbh. They are ultimately just stronger versions of techniques we have already seen.

First fruit that would be devastating with rokushiki: buggy's fruit. imagine a rain of shigan coming from literally every angle. You could turn every bone in your hand into a shigan bullet.

Tekkai wise, you'd be able to use your limbs more effectively to block. And you wouldn't even need the rokushiki technique to be able to move while using tekkai.

Kamie would have some interesting potential here... lots of body transformations.

soru along the airwalk would be insane. It would completely overcome the fruit's most obvious weakness in regards to the ground.

buggy's fruit potential is limitless with rokushiki. It's synergy with the style is much higher than it is with other fruits that would appear to be more powerful. Which logia would even approach this? Sure, a lava shigan would hurt but the magma fruit simply wouldn't have the same functionality. We are talking about buggy's fruit having the capacity to attack a target with every known rokushiki skill from every angle at once. Of course, that would take extreme skill.

Nico robin also suffers from a severe lack of competence when using her fruit. Unlimited limbs + rokushiki is just.... Every rokushiki technique elevated to infinity.

The toge toge fruit would be interesting as well. Shigan is an obvious must but tekai would make the spikes even tougher. Kamie would allow for some interesting combiantions of spikes and a deformed body.

Bellamy would have some cool uses for rokushiki but I think that has been mentioned before.

luffy has already incorporated rokushiki into his fighting style and it has been pretty effective. but there are two techniques which would be specially devastating for him, specially if he ever incorporates the more advanced versions of them: Kamie and tekkai. Rubber and kamie would make luffy into basically a transformer. tekkai, specially the variant that allows the user to move, would help luffy increase his offense. Luffy already uses his haki to manipulate his elasticity, tekkai would take things a level further.

The noro noro fruit is ridiculous in general. If held by someone competent it could even overcome huge differences in power. 30 seconds of free shigan hits...

The shari shari fruit, though shown only a bit, should be insane with rokushiki as well. enhanced shigan, easy to spam air blades thanks to rotation... Rotating tekkai would be fun to watch and add some more defensive properties to an otherwise static defense.

jozu would have some nice synergy with tekkai. And of course shigan would get a pretty big boost. It's good synergy but it doesn't appear like new techniques would be available.

I was thinking about pika's fruit as well... If he can fuse with a mountain and use rokushiki in that state or even create more limbs it'd be fairly OP.

I have been looking at logias though I am not sure if they would get some special benefit from rokushiki. Kamie seems like the most obvious benefit as it would combine nicely with their intangible bodies. shigan would gain the properties of the element in question but that is not necessarily a good thing. Say, a sand shigan does not sound specially threatening. It kinda seems like most rokushiki benefits for logia would be the same as for any other person.

Admiral Teach

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I think Crocodile would benefit, so would Kuzan. Their Shigan would allow for draining targets of moister suddenly or freeze them from within. I imagine freezing someone from their core out would make it harder to unthaw them, and it would happen instantly.

Geppou and Soru, though, are just generally useful. Being able to fly and move at extreme speed is great for anybody, I would imagine.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I think Crocodile would benefit, so would Kuzan. Their Shigan would allow for draining targets of moister suddenly or freeze them from within. I imagine freezing someone from their core out would make it harder to unthaw them, and it would happen instantly.

Geppou and Soru, though, are just generally useful. Being able to fly and move at extreme speed is great for anybody, I would imagine.
Sure but, it still doesn't sound like a significant improvement. I mean, how is it different for kuzan to use shigan from a straight up ice blade or whatever? For crocodile it does not sound like rokushiki would improve his dehydrating... His attacks under normal circumstances don't even cut or Pierce. Their techniques are already lethal.

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Update 11/25/18:

Added more devil fruits to the list:

Sui Sui no mi:

• Rankyaku "Shinkuro" (Synchronize) (H) - The user, with only their legs sticking out of the surface they're swimming in, unleashes different types of air blades by doing various choreographed routines that are usually shown in Synchronized Swimming.
  • Shigan "Traveling spikes" (H) - While swimming under the surface, the user constantly unleashes a rapid-firing flurry of Shigan at the target in a similar fashion to a floor of trap spikes popping out of the ground in waves.
  • Distortion Walk - Basically a soru + geppo technique similar to Bluewalk (the underwater technique originally used by Sanji) utilized with the DF's powers in order to travel within the surface faster. Nuff said.

Mushi Mushi no Mi, Model: Kabutomushi (Hornet)

• ??? (Buzz-saw) - The user uses both Soru and Geppou along with the fruit's flying ability to move around the air at far greater speeds.
  • Rankayu “Bombing Run” (H) - While flying in the air, the user unleashes a barrage of raining air blades on the grounded target as they chase or circle them.
  • Shigan “Hornet Swarm” (H) - The user unleashes a rapid-firing flurry of Shigans with all four arms.
  • Sagan (Stinger Gun) (H) - A version of Shigan where instead of using a finger, the user uses their stinger.

(Credits goes to YellowCosmos from Narutoforums for coming up with these creative ideas for this particular fruit!)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus I've added more techniques to the fruits that already on the list:

8 for the Guru Guru no mi, making it total of 9 so far:

• Kussaku Shigan (Drilling Finger gun) (H) - Using a rotating finger, the user jabs it into the target like a little drill.
  • Kussaku Jusshigan (Drilling Ten Finger guns) (H) - The user does a Jusshigan with all ten fingers rotating like a drill.
    • Kussaku Jusshigan “???” (H) - After putting the hands into a Jusshigan pose, the user rotates both hands simultaneously (in the same direction in order to work properly btw) like big drill before thrusting into them into the enemy’s body. This technique can be even further enhanced by strengthening the fingers with Busoshoku Koka (Armament Hardening)!
  • Geppo “???” - By kicking off the air while wearing rotating pieces of cloth attach to the legs during flight, the user gains a quick boost to blast off into further distances than usual, acting sort of like an acceleration.
  • Geppo “Air Drill” - By kicking off the air with rotating legs, the user blasts off while rotating like drill. This can also be utilized for other kinds of attacks such as:
    • Kussaku Shigan “Hokiri” (Cannon Drill) (H) - While heading towards the target, the user sticks out one of his/her arms and vertically rotates both it and the finger before making contact with the target.
    • Kussaku Gosshigan “Chou Hokiri” (Drilling Five Finger Guns “Great Cannon Drill”) (H) -Same as the above attack but with all five fingers used.
    • Kussaku Jusshigan “Kyoku Hokiri” (Drilling Ten Finger Guns Extreme Cannon Drill) (H) -Same as the above attack but with both arms out and all Ten fingers used.

3 for the Doku Doku no mi, making it a total of 5 so far:

• Doku Rankyaku (Poisonous Storm Leg) (H) - Simply a purplish air blade engulfed in poison in order to cut and poison the enemy simultaneously. This can also be applied with universal variations of Rankyaku (ie Rankyaku Sen, Rankyaku Ran, etc.).
  • Tekkai "Kiken” (Hazard) (H) - While Tekkai is activated, the user covers his/her whole body in invisible type of poison so that when the enemy hits the body with unarmed physical attacks (like punches and kicks for example), not only will the damage be nullified, but he will also be infected by the poison.
  • Tobu Shigan "Venom dart" (H) - 1st version: Using the fingernails endowed with poison, the user shoots a poisoned air-compressed bullet at the target via flicking. 2nd version (HO): The user can also alternatively shoot out a poisoned shockwave compressed bullet via shooting out of the tip of the finger using Haki.

And finally 2 for the Kilo Kilo no mi, making it total of 30 so far:

• Tekkai "Chou Suisai" (Great Comet Smash) (HBW)(H) - A much stronger version of Tekkai "Suisai" (Comet Smash) that is done with both fists out ahead of the user.
  • Rankyaku “Ranhō” (Storm Cannon) (H) - Another follow up to Geppo "Zeihō". As the user is rising, the user immediately swings his/her legs upward which results in creating a tall vertical air blade that cuts anything in front of it and finally, once the user stops rising, shoots upward like a line bullet similar to Rankyaku Sen, only larger and more powerful, soaring up like a rocket.

Also, I've reorganized the document a little to make it slightly better. :
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Minor Update:

Went ahead and corrected a couple of techniques with Guru Guru no mi due to my foolish ignorance about the rotating aspects of the fruit. MY bad. -_-
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Update 12/2/18:

Added another devil fruit to the list:

Supa Supa no mi/Dice Dice fruit:

• Soru “Shaving Spar” (H) - Using Soru to accelerate towards the target, the user then slashes the target with both bladed arms in a under-swing fashion.
  • Soru "Tornado Spar" (H) - The user uses Soru to spin towards the target with blades on their hands, resulting in becoming like a bladed spinning top in a way.
  • Soru "Grand Sparkling Daisy” (H) - Basically a more powerful version of Sparkling Daisy (originally used by Daz Bones) that utilizes Soru to lunge at the target at far greater speeds, thus creating a more powerful thrust.
  • Kamisori “Zig Zag Spar” (H) - While moving through the air with Kamisori in a zigzag pattern, the user slashes the target per zip with his/her hands.
  • Shin Rankayku (True Storm leg) (H) - While the leg(s) is in blade form, the user can unleash even sharper and deadlier air blades.This can also be applied with universal variations of Rankyaku (ie Rankyaku Sen, Rankyaku Ran, etc.).
  • Steel Shigan (H) - Using the blades inside the finger, the user’s shigan becomes with sharper then before.
  • Tobu Shigan "Spark bullet" (H) - Using the blades on both the thumb and Index fingers of his/her hand, the user flicks out an air bullet that is much sharped and deadlier than a usual tobu shigan.

Plus I've added more techniques to the fruits that already on the list:

1 for the Bara Bara no mi, making it a total of 4 so far:

• Soru “Iron Long Arm Clothesline” - After taking off one arm and holding it with the other, the user charges at the enemy with soru with the arm in hand and right before hitting the target with both arms, he/she immediately hardens both limbs with Tekkai.

5 for the Bane Bane no mi, making it a total of 8 so far:

• Bane Shigan (Spring Bullet) (H) - After turning the two first knuckles of their index finger into a spring, the user releases it and delivers an enhanced Shigan with their fingertip.
    • Bane Tobu Shigan (Spring Flying Bullet) (HO) - The Tobu Shigan version of Bane Shigan. The user simply releases a much stronger long-range compressed air bullet.
  • Kami-e "Spring Dodge" - When unable to avoid an attack, the user combines their abilities with kami-e and, by turning all of their limbs into springs, becomes able to bend them in such a way that they can successfully dodge the attack.
  • Rankyaku "Spring Slash" (H) - A technique reminiscent of Rankyaku Sen. The user turns one of their legs into a spring, and then powerfully stomps the air in the direction of their opponent, causing it to be blasted in a straight line.
  • Rankyaku "Spring Fireworks" (H) - After launching themselves high in the sky by turning their legs into springs and with geppo, the user turns their legs back to normal and unleashes tens of tiny air blades that come raining down on the enemies.

(Credit goes to Aloe Vera from OroJackson for coming up with these creative ideas for this particular fruit!)

And finally, 1 for the Kilo Kilo no mi, making it a total of 31 so far:

• Ichiman Kiro Rokuougan (10,000 kilo Six king Gun) (HHW)(H) - A incredibly powerful variation of Rokuougan where the user, right after aiming both fists downward on a target below him/her while both him and the user are in the air, makes his/her two fists go into the "10,000 Kilo kilo" state the EXACT moment (as in less than a split second) before the he/she unleashes the attack on the opponent, causing an internal shockwave that is many times greater and is so powerful that it causes a crater in the surface behind the target. This technique can be very difficult to pull off due to the exact timing of the DF activation that needs to occur in order for the technique to work properly.

In speaking of the Kilo Kilo no mi movelist, I finally came up with a name for the Geppo "???" technique.....well, two names to be exact. I'm really having a hard time trying to pick which one so any help on which I should stick with would be appreciated:

• Gemmu or Gebbu (Moon bounce/Moon Spring) (LBW) - After lightening the body below the user’s normal weight, the user then uses Geppo in conjunction with this to jump around the air at even greater speeds, heights, and distances.

And that is it for now.
Update 1/1/19:

HAPPY NEW YEARS!! Anyway, 11 new techniques have been added to the Kilo Kilo no mi movelist, along with some new icon indicators that are based on the Kilo-force and Kilo mass theory (this theory btw) that I came up with a while back over in various sites that I’m a member of, even going as far as revised some of the already existing techniques in the list to incorporate this theory.

• Kami-e “String” (WBM) - By making the mass of the body super light, the user can became even more floaty and paper-like than before, making it a much more superior version of Kami-e Rattle snake.
  • Goshozeihōken (Great Rising Rebound Cannon Fist) (SAM or SHM)(H) - A far more powerful version of the Shozeihōken that revolves around scaling the mass of the arm/fist to stronger levels right before the fist connects.
    • Shin Shozeihōken (True Rising Rebound Cannon Fist) (SAM or SHM)(HO) - The strongest version of the Shozeihōken that not only scales the mass of the arm/fist to 10,000 kilos, but also simultaneously incorporates Busoshoku Koka into the fist in order to push the power of the attack to its fullest.
  • Grand Rankyaku (aka Rankyaku “Hakuri”) (SLM)(H) - By scaling the leg to higher mass levels (like to at least 1,000 kilos for example) right before swinging it, the user will unleash an air blade that is far larger and more powerful than a normal Rankyaku.
    • Ultimate Rankyaku (aka Rankyaku “Fujin no ha”) (LLW or LBW)(SLM)(HO) - By scaling the leg to higher mass levels (even up to 10,000 kilos) right before swinging it while the body/leg itself is in a "lighter weight" state, along with the leg being further strengthened with Busoshoku Haki, the user will unleash an air blade that is so incredibly large and powerful that it’s even strong enough to cut down multiple buildings in its path, basically a far more powerful version of the Grand Rankyaku.
  • Shigan "Magnum Chrysanthemum" (LAW)(SFM)(H) - A more powerful version of Shigan "Chrysanthemum" that incorporates Shigan Magnum to make the finger jabs stronger per strike.
  • Makken (Mach Fist) (LAW)(H) - Similar to Tekken, only with using "Lighter weight" aspects on the arm instead of the "Stronger Mass" aspects on the fist in order to speed up the momentum, making this attack a lot faster albeit weaker (however, it's still quite powerful). It's very similar to Fukuro's Jugon since both are punching attacks are at the same speed as shigan.
  • Chikkai "Sōdai Zō” (Titanium Mass “Grand Statue") (HBW)(SBM)(HO) - A far more powerful (and way more risky) version of Tekkai Zo where the user scales both the weight AND mass of the entire body to 10,000 kilos while hardening the entire body with both Tekkai AND Busoshoku Haki "Koka" to create the strongest defense possible to block very powerful attacks.
  • Kadō-Zō Kenpo (Mobile Statue fighting style) (SBM)(H) - This is a fighting style that revolves around using powerful heavy-hitting attacks that combines the usage of Tekkai and the "mass increasing" aspects of the Kilo kilo fruit. The style itself is sort of like an alogram techniques from Muay Thai, Muay Boran, Karate, the slugger style of Boxing, and external forms of Chinese kung fu. Think of this as a Kilo Kilo-exclusive upgrade to Tekkai Kenpo (originally used by Jabra in his human-wolf hybrid form) where rather than having the body being constantly hardened with tekkai the entire time while moving, the user instead has the mass of his/her body remained scaled at high levels (possibly at 1000 kilos or more) while moving and only activating tekkai and Busoshoku Haki (and immediately scaling the attacking/defending limbs to 10k or higher) when attacking or defending.
    • Bolting Horse Statue - A technique that utilizes the leaping "Bolting Horse" attack from Muay Boran, only that both the fist and attacking knee are hardened right before the attack strikes the target.
    • Straight Anvil Hammer - A technique based on the Straight Hammer from the Muay Boran style that is best used for parrying powerful melee attacks.
Quick update:

Oh crap I completely forgot to list the new icons and what they mean! My apologies. ^^;

(WBM) = Weaker Body mass
(SBM) = Stronger Body mass
(SBM) = Stronger Leg mass
(SAM) = Stronger Arm mass
(SHM) = Stronger Hand mass
(SFM) = Stronger Finger mass

Also, I added a new variant of Rokuougan as well as renamed and revised the already existing variant of Rokuougan in the Rokuougan section.

• Sai Dai Rin: Rokuougan (SHM)(H) - A incredibly powerful variation of Rokuougan where the user scales the mass of his/her two fists to 10,000 Kilos the EXACT moment (as in less than a split second) before he/she unleashes the attack on the opponent, causing a internal shockwave that is many times greater than a normal Rokuougan and is so powerful that it causes a large hole in the surface behind the target.
  • The Atomic fall: Rokuougan (HHW)(SHM)(HO) - A incredibly powerful variation of Sai Dai Rin: Rokuougan where the user strengthens both arms with Busoshoku Haki and, right after aiming both fists downward on a target below him/her while both him and the user are in the air, scales both the weight AND mass of his/her two fists to 10,000 Kilos the EXACT moment (as in less than a split second) before the he/she unleashes the attack on the opponent, causing an internal shockwave that is many times greater and is so insanely powerful that it causes a crater in the surface behind the target. This technique can be very difficult to pull off due to the exact timing of the DF activation that needs to occur in order for the technique to work properly.

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
KILO KILO ROKUSHIKI UPDATE 12/8/19:

I went ahead and added a Misc/Other section in the Kilo Kilo doc with a new sub-style along with a couple of techniques I came up for it.

• Raikō-Zo Kenpo (Lightning Statue Kenpo) (SBD)(LBW) - This is a fighting style that combines the aspects of both Mahsoku Kenpo and Kadō-Zō Kenpo.
    • Shin Hokken (True Cannon Fist)(HO) - The strongest and fastest version of Hokken.
    • Raikō-Zo Kenpo Ougi "Juggernaut Rush”(H) - By combining the full superhuman attributes of the Rokushiki style with both the 10,000 kilo mass AND 1 kilo weight attributes of the Kilo kilo no mi, the user will unleash an insane flurry of ongoing melee attacks at incredible levels of power and speed on the target(s) and will continue to do so until the target(s) is/are completely obliterated.

Rmstorm

Reaction score
Country
Phantom Lord
You do realize Luffy's Gomu Gomu ni Mi, and Nico Robin's Hana Hana no Mi are the perfect Devil Fruit's to match with Rokushiki.

Those 2 DF's are 100% Matches compared to any other devil fruit in the manga.

Think of Gear 2 combined with all the Rokushiki moves. How devastating that would be.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I agree in that robin's fruit is pretty much the perfect fruit for rokushiki though I'd disagree on the gomu fruit having comparable potential. Robin's fruit pretty much by default would allow you to spam any of the basic rokushiki techniques to infinity and it'd be pretty much omnidirectional. The gomu fruit does have some strong applications in that regard but i would make the point that there are at least several other fruits with higher potential.

So as far as I can tell the main advantages of combining rokushiki with the gomu fruit would be... the first is shigan. Ranged shigan is just all around deadly. Then kami-e. As a gomu user you are already pretty flexible and then this is taken to absurdity by kami-e. Tekkai seems like it could work well with luffy's gear 4 elasticity manipulation. Rankyaku.... would work pretty well but its not necessarily an insane upgrade IMO. longer limbs would make for stronger slashes but that seems to be about it. Geppo and soru don't seem to be particularly benefited by a rubber body.

Now, some other better combos:

Bara bara fruit: Geppo would essentially solve the issues around the radius of the user around its body. It'd be unlimited flight for the user. Tekkai would remove the risk for flying body parts. If not outright weaponize them all further. Shigan would turn your every body part into a bullet. And it'd be almost omnidirectional. You'd also be able to shoot rankkyaku's from all directions. Soru would be a pretty good skill to further give your feet, your main weakness, great mobility. Kami-e and being able to split your body should allow for some pretty interesting body transformations.

supa supa fruit: Not quite as good as bara bara synergy wise but still pretty good. Geppo and soru wouldn't get any specific advantage. Other than allowing you to torpedo yourself, a blade man, into the enemy. Tekkai would be fantastic here, it'd stack to the fruits already insane defenses. shigan would be severely boosted by blades. Rankyaku has a lot of potential. combining it with blades which are basically your body... nearly infinite rankkyaku. Dunno if it counts as ryankaku if its from blades though. Kami-e would be kinda ridiculous. Bending your blade body into unusual shapes can only make you more deadly.

Bane bane fruit: This one wouldn't necessarily be a better combination of rokushiki than the gum fruit but it is still about as good. Tekkai would likely work to manipulate your springiness so you could have some interesting offensive applications. Not sure of how it would work with geppo or soru. Rankyaku would be similar to the gomu fruit, just extending your limbs for stronger rankyaku. Kami e would add further body manipulation... Shigan is probably the biggest winner as your add springiness to them. so stronger and longer ranged shigan basically.

Kira kira no mi: This one I think would be fairly ridiculous. Though perhaps a slight downgrade from the supa fruit. Diamond tekkai speaks for itself. Diamond shigan also kinda does. Soru and geppo don't seem particularly useful beyond allowing you to torpedo yourself at the enemy. Which sounds almost as bad as if daz bones did it... Kami e would be insane. You'd have the sheer toughness of a diamond and flexibility which doesn't make sense. Rankyaku wouldn't be particularly benefited though.

Oven's fruit: Basically all of rokushiki techniques but while being ridiculously hot. Burning shigan, burning tekkai, burning kami-e.... fairly simple stuff but to me it sounds devastating.

Rokushiki with the gomu fruit remains an excellent combination but I would still make the point that there are several fruits which would work better with rokushiki and there are even more that are just as good.

Rmstorm

Reaction score
Country
Phantom Lord
I agree in that robin's fruit is pretty much the perfect fruit for rokushiki though I'd disagree on the gomu fruit having comparable potential. Robin's fruit pretty much by default would allow you to spam any of the basic rokushiki techniques to infinity and it'd be pretty much omnidirectional. The gomu fruit does have some strong applications in that regard but i would make the point that there are at least several other fruits with higher potential.

So as far as I can tell the main advantages of combining rokushiki with the gomu fruit would be... the first is shigan. Ranged shigan is just all around deadly. Then kami-e. As a gomu user you are already pretty flexible and then this is taken to absurdity by kami-e. Tekkai seems like it could work well with luffy's gear 4 elasticity manipulation. Rankyaku.... would work pretty well but its not necessarily an insane upgrade IMO. longer limbs would make for stronger slashes but that seems to be about it. Geppo and soru don't seem to be particularly benefited by a rubber body.

Now, some other better combos:

Bara bara fruit: Geppo would essentially solve the issues around the radius of the user around its body. It'd be unlimited flight for the user. Tekkai would remove the risk for flying body parts. If not outright weaponize them all further. Shigan would turn your every body part into a bullet. And it'd be almost omnidirectional. You'd also be able to shoot rankkyaku's from all directions. Soru would be a pretty good skill to further give your feet, your main weakness, great mobility. Kami-e and being able to split your body should allow for some pretty interesting body transformations.

supa supa fruit: Not quite as good as bara bara synergy wise but still pretty good. Geppo and soru wouldn't get any specific advantage. Other than allowing you to torpedo yourself, a blade man, into the enemy. Tekkai would be fantastic here, it'd stack to the fruits already insane defenses. shigan would be severely boosted by blades. Rankyaku has a lot of potential. combining it with blades which are basically your body... nearly infinite rankkyaku. Dunno if it counts as ryankaku if its from blades though. Kami-e would be kinda ridiculous. Bending your blade body into unusual shapes can only make you more deadly.

Bane bane fruit: This one wouldn't necessarily be a better combination of rokushiki than the gum fruit but it is still about as good. Tekkai would likely work to manipulate your springiness so you could have some interesting offensive applications. Not sure of how it would work with geppo or soru. Rankyaku would be similar to the gomu fruit, just extending your limbs for stronger rankyaku. Kami e would add further body manipulation... Shigan is probably the biggest winner as your add springiness to them. so stronger and longer ranged shigan basically.

Kira kira no mi: This one I think would be fairly ridiculous. Though perhaps a slight downgrade from the supa fruit. Diamond tekkai speaks for itself. Diamond shigan also kinda does. Soru and geppo don't seem particularly useful beyond allowing you to torpedo yourself at the enemy. Which sounds almost as bad as if daz bones did it... Kami e would be insane. You'd have the sheer toughness of a diamond and flexibility which doesn't make sense. Rankyaku wouldn't be particularly benefited though.

Oven's fruit: Basically all of rokushiki techniques but while being ridiculously hot. Burning shigan, burning tekkai, burning kami-e.... fairly simple stuff but to me it sounds devastating.

Rokushiki with the gomu fruit remains an excellent combination but I would still make the point that there are several fruits which would work better with rokushiki and there are even more that are just as good.
Gear 2nd enhances Luffy's base physical strength and speed, by taking it and multiplying it by 2.

He gained an Advanced Version Soru using Gear 2nd.

Gear 2nd Multiplies Luffy' base mode, so thing of Geppo and Soru with the original users base strength and speed multiplied by 2.

All the other Rokushiki techniques using the gomu gomu no mi user's base strength multiplied 2.

Take Geppo and Soru, add a rocket to each leg, that is what Gear 2 does.

Gear 3 will take those Rokushiki attacks and make them exponentially bigger.

Luffy can also Gear stack( combine Gears) like Giant Jet Shell against Moriah making those attacks even more deadly.

And this is Without the Gomu Gomu No Mi being Awakened.

Last edited:

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gear 2nd enhances Luffy's base physical strength and speed, by taking it and multiplying it by 2.

Gear 2nd Multiplies Luffy' base mode, so thing of Geppo and Soru with the original users base strength and speed multiplied by 2.

All the other Rokushiki techniques using the gomu gomu no mi user's base strength multiplied 2.

Luffy can also Gear stack( combine Gears) like Giant Jet Shell against Moriah making those attacks even more deadly.

Dude you crack me up. You are one of the biggest most extreme Luffy fanboy on this forum. Your always hyping him up no matter what lol. Love it. Keep it up

:grin :grin :grin

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Gear 2 does increase luffy's physical abilities of course, though I don't think the manga was ever as specific as saying it doubles his capacity, but that is a different thing from the combination of the gomu fruit and rokushiki being all that. Add gear 2 and what you have is basically the same techniques the user could do before the gear, except stronger. It's not like with other fruits that would add meaningful differences to rokushiki techniques. Say, a shigan made with a supa supa blade finger.

It'd be different if you added, say, gear 3, which would actually add something to several rokushiki moves. Say, a shigan the size of a house. And even then, it's hard to make the case that this is better synergy than other fruits would allow.

And... what relevance does the awakening have? We have no idea of what the gomu fruit's awakening would do. For all we know it wouldn't do anything for rokushiki. So far we have seen 3 awakenings. The zoans in ID, doflamingo's and katakuri's. The zoans in ID just seemed stronger, doflamingo's allowed him to turn outside stuff into strings and katakuri's could turn his surroundings to mochi. So... what good would awakening do rokushiki in doflamingo's or katakuri's case? If luffy's follows the same pattern he'd turn his surroundings into rubber which wouldn't meaningfully change his rokushiki if he had it.

Rmstorm

Reaction score
Country
Phantom Lord
Gear 2 does increase luffy's physical abilities of course, though I don't think the manga was ever as specific as saying it doubles his capacity, but that is a different thing from the combination of the gomu fruit and rokushiki being all that. Add gear 2 and what you have is basically the same techniques the user could do before the gear, except stronger. It's not like with other fruits that would add meaningful differences to rokushiki techniques. Say, a shigan made with a supa supa blade finger.

It'd be different if you added, say, gear 3, which would actually add something to several rokushiki moves. Say, a shigan the size of a house. And even then, it's hard to make the case that this is better synergy than other fruits would allow.

And... what relevance does the awakening have? We have no idea of what the gomu fruit's awakening would do. For all we know it wouldn't do anything for rokushiki. So far we have seen 3 awakenings. The zoans in ID, doflamingo's and katakuri's. The zoans in ID just seemed stronger, doflamingo's allowed him to turn outside stuff into strings and katakuri's could turn his surroundings to mochi. So... what good would awakening do rokushiki in doflamingo's or katakuri's case? If luffy's follows the same pattern he'd turn his surroundings into rubber which wouldn't meaningfully change his rokushiki if he had it.
Luffy's Devil Fruit is different compared Katakuri and Doflamingo's.

They are producers, they produce things with their devil fruits.

Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Mi transform s his whole body into rubber permanently.

So his Awakening will be different, his Awakening will allowd him full control over his body.

He will be able to make himself hard or soft, Big and small.

His Gears 3 and 4 will be integrated to his base form. His abilities won't cause a lot of strain like they do currenty.

He will be able to use Gear 4 without haki.
He will be able instantly use Gear 3 without blowing his arm up.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Luffy's Devil Fruit is different compared Katakuri and Doflamingo's.

They are producers, they produce things with their devil fruits.

Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Mi transform s his whole body into rubber permanently.

So his Awakening will be different, his Awakening will allowd him full control over his body.

He will be able to make himself hard or soft, Big and small.

His Gears 3 and 4 will be integrated to his base form. His abilities won't cause a lot of strain like they do currenty.

He will be able to use Gear 4 without haki.
He will be able instantly use Gear 3 without blowing his arm up.
They are certainly different kinds of fruit but... you just made up what luffy's awakening will be. And regardless of whether your guess is correct or not its really hard to argue against or for cannon that is currently in someone's head rather than the source material.

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kilo kilo Rokushiki update 9/15/21

Hey guys, it's been a while.

Made some changes to my "Kilo kilo Rokushiki" movelist document, including some new techniques which brings it up to a total of 63 now. Seriously, the more I work on this, the more I realize how shitty of a user Mikita (aka Miss Valentine) really was with this fruit. Lol

Also, after a long time, I finally was able to afford a first commissioned illustration for the project, one that is of the Shozeihoken, drawn by Jazz!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Yep, all of the weight related fruits have massively misused abilities that would be otherwise immensely useful. Imagine garp if he could make his fist weight a solid ton....

Last edited:

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kilo kilo Rokushiki update 9/15/21

Hey guys, it's been a while.

Made some changes to my "Kilo kilo Rokushiki" movelist document, including some new techniques which brings it up to a total of 63 now. Seriously, the more I work on this, the more I realize how shitty of a user Mikita (aka Miss Valentine) really was with this fruit. Lol

Also, after a long time, I finally was able to afford a first commissioned illustration for the project, one that is of the Shozeihoken, drawn by Jazz!

good to see you back @Shojin. I like Miss Valentine's drawing in OP a lot so good to see this illustration... The drawing is great... Kkck is right, it can be an extremely powerful fruit to use in better hands.

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
good to see you back @Shojin. I like Miss Valentine's drawing in OP a lot so good to see this illustration... The drawing is great... Kkck is right, it can be an extremely powerful fruit to use in better hands.
Great to be back, man!