Discussion Mokushiroku no Yonkishi by Suzuki Nakaba

Do you think Sin is really 3000 years old?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blazar

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
If there was any hint to them actually being used, or any sensible point, I would agree. But:
1. Sunshine is an ability generated by the SD, who was cast aside even in the series where she was relevant as a villain or opponent for the mains. Even if push comes to shove, it doesn't make sense for her to decide to lend a hand, even indirectly, by lending this ability out that already bit a non-goddess character in the tuschus. If Famine is not a goddess on Mael's level, there's no point. I won't even add Tristan to this equation, since he has it straight from uncle Gowther that it's a bad thing for him and he should just deal with what he inherited straight up from his parents. Plus, it would never make any sense for the SD to try and give or allow Tristan to have it, since he's the being whose existence she should despise more than anything.
2. Sunshine was originally used by Mael who was either too dumb or too cruel to lend it back out, after regaining it. Then it was used by a very popular Sin and the revelation that it wasn't his natural power, added to the fact that not only did he never awaken anything naturally of his own but it also ended up shanking him disappointed many. If you combine that with the fact that Mel also turned out to not predominantly wield his true ability/power and awakened his real ability very late in the game, with very little lead up to it, again shows that repeatedly playing around with powers on loan, or powers who ended up not being as useful or enjoyable for their holders at it seemed at 1st glance is not a very good writing choice. And for now we don't have any hint towards any of the KoAs wielding Graces. Derivatives of the ones the main cast of Taizai used, in the case of the likely offsprings it's a lot more likely. Look at even Lancelot's possible situation; if War is indeed Lancelot, Chaos didn't even have to lend him anything, only nurture and enhance what he inherited from Ban and Elaine.
3, We saw no sign or reference to Flash, Tornado or Ocean making a comeback as an ability for any of the 4 MCs. I doubt uppity Ludociel would even consider lending his to anyone close to Melizabeth's "spawn"...as for Tornado and Ocean, Nakaba didn't bother to properly develop or make them relevant enough in the original story and in the hands of Goddesses, whom they naturally match, I don't see how they could help against the forces of Chaos, if this is their main opponent.

If they return along with their main users, I have no issue with them being re-used, same with the possibility that Famine is some clone of Escanor's and maybe, just maybe, Gold(en) Magic as an artificial ability created by Merlin or derived from Sunshine residing in Escanor's body, but not Sunshine itself and not with the same side-effects.
The only peace of hint towards SD, Sunshine, and Mael is provided within this picture:
I can't call it EVIDENCE, because it's not definitive at all, but it's still suggestive of Mael's importance in the sequel among other possibilities.
There was also a revelation about a friend of Arthur at the end of NnT. What's the point of this revelation if the GC is irrelevant to the events of MnYK? I don't agree with you about SD and her role in NnT. Considering all the events in late NnT, I think SD is more of a MnYK character. Her clan will also be more important in the sequel. What Nakaba told us about that man is a key to enter the domain of GC in MnYK.

MrSchmitty7

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Meliodas looks like a random human if he doesn't activate his PoD. He's merely a midget and the only known physical difference he has from humans is having 7 hearts inside that tiny body of his. Elizabeth herself, both as a Goddess and as a (physical) human, looks human, give or take the wings, which are made of Ark, just like Mel's are of PoD. Tristan already has physical alterations(even if we have this irl for regular humans, heterochromia is a genetic mutation, regardless of its origin)...and, by refreshing my memory on its sources, I got reminded of that joke on Mel and Ellie being cousins😂...plus there's that little detail that he can grow to be very tall(just like evil Jii-chan forced daddy Mel and uncle Zel to be when he possessed them).
Yeah and that’s what I’d rather Tristan look closer to. By having them all look like full blown adults he’s just breaking continuity again for the sake of his story. Something with goddess and demon genes shouldn’t be aging like a normal human imo.

Like I don’t expect him to make Tristan look like Galland or Melascula for example, but I do wish that Nakaba will be consistent on the genetics and rules he kinda sets up. Otherwise it’s just more of his usual plothole type of writing imo

Having Tristan look older than his dad is just weird.

Last edited:

The Prince of Darkness

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Meliodas looks like a random human if he doesn't activate his PoD. He's merely a midget and the only known physical difference he has from humans is having 7 hearts inside that tiny body of his
Now that you mentioned it do you think Tristan will have a human 1 heart or a demon 7 hearts?
I don't know how is Goddess body but I think they got 1 heart too

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Yeah and that’s what I’d rather Tristan look closer to. By having them all look like full blown adults he’s just breaking continuity again for the sake of his story. Something with goddess and demon genes shouldn’t be aging like a normal human imo.

Like I don’t expect him to make Tristan look like Galland or Melascula for example, but I do wish that Nakaba will be consistent on the genetics and rules he kinda sets up. Otherwise it’s just more of his usual plothole type of writing imo

Having Tristan look older than his dad is just weird.
What I rushed into earlier in this thread was assuming the image we got on the KoA was from the immediate future(even though the HKs' attitude and Percy's looks in that "vision" imply it all may depict soon to happen events) and then I remembered that Percy himself suffers from one of those growth oddities, since he's easily mistaken for a prepubescent boy(I mistook him for one too, his design makes him look younger than even Mel) and that way the vision could be about some time in the future, even more than a decade, if Pellegarde thinks his raising Percy would prevent his joining the KoA.
Idk how they would actually look like now, but Tristan at age 10 was very small, he was hardly past waist length when his 1.62 m mom hugged him from behind, and he seemed shorter than most of his human friends, however, we got such drawing choices for Melizabeth too, so it might have nothing to do with growth in and of itself. And the height detail in the vision might be owed to a trait that skipped his father's and uncle's generation...his mom's too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Now that you mentioned it do you think Tristan will have a human 1 heart or a demon 7 hearts?
I don't know how is Goddess body but I think they got 1 heart too
That's really hard to guess at, considering that Nakaba insisted on going the 50-50 way on the visible features, but since Ellie's human body would have 1 heart, and Mel's has 7, maybe Tristan has 4? :heh

Last edited:

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
He also probably won’t have any goddess features aside from the eyes maybe if we go by the poster.
The poster isn't supposed to show us their true (or extra) forms. I believe that at some point, Tristan will look something like this:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh, didn't realize the sequel had already started.... All caught up now at least.

So... Based on what we have seen the implication appears to be that at least some of the sin's kids, predictably, will be the the 4 knights of the apocalypse. So far there are very clear references to tristan (powers of good and evil) and percival through his hair, though weirdly not his magic. A lad with no fixed appearance... probably lancelot? His appearance is the one that changes the most apparently. Though I could imagine this being king's and diane's kid and just changing his size given his heritage. In all of this I suppose it's percival who is meant to be the big mystery as under normal circumstances humans just produce human power. The implication should be that he has some mysterious heritage. Probably on his mother's side?

The spear shown with war makes me think of another iteration of sacred tree spear...

Pestilences sword seems to be on fire? Sunshine?

Not sure of what a golden magic could be. If this is meant to relate to ban's and elaine's kid then who knows what that might produce.

Also the chaos castle with the evil king... Crackpot theory, arthur lost balance and was split into an evil and good half?

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
What I am saying is that there would be wars. Arthur can create monsters with a mere thought after all.
I kind of agree, but i think that it is exactly because Arthur is capable of the most insane things with little to no effort now that there aren't any wars happening.
I mean what Kingdom could take on an Army that could keep on attacking forever no matter how many you destroy?

What i totally forgot to focus on was what Donny said about Camelot, he told Percival that it does no longer exist due to what Meliodas/The Demon King did back then. It was the Fox that revealed that it is still intact but in another dimension. Perhaps that is why there is no war going on in Britannia, Arthur and his people are busy with hunting down the Knights of Apocalypse and with some of the Sins running Kingdoms in the current time it is also unwise to simply battle away all day. Not that he couldn't bring them all down eventually but that he doesn't have to in order to have malicious ambitions. You get me?

Kinda curious to know what people think so I added a poll.
He'll probably meet Tristan first, or at least that's what i voted for.:verily

Eternita

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I must've missed where that was mentioned, but it does sound interesting.
This page, i believe these should be more update translations as the first set weren't accurate. It also changed gramps "betrayal" statement too.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
I can't call it EVIDENCE, because it's not definitive at all, but it's still suggestive of Mael's importance in the sequel among other possibilities.
There was also a revelation about a friend of Arthur at the end of NnT. What's the point of this revelation if the GC is irrelevant to the events of MnYK? I don't agree with you about SD and her role in NnT. Considering all the events in late NnT, I think SD is more of a MnYK character. Her clan will also be more important in the sequel. What Nakaba told us about that man is a key to enter the domain of GC in MnYK.
I disagree because she was cast aside along with most main female's interests other than romantic life(even some of Merlin's resolve was "poisoned" with influence from her unrequited crush on Meliodas) in the original story where she was set up as the main enemy for Melizabeth(along with the DK) and we never got to see anything of her properly active, not even the manga version of that Horn of Cernunnos destruction scene from the Signs of Holy War specials which implied that the female goddess speaking through the Horn was the SD herself, given the familiarity with which she spoke of Elizabeth(like she knew her personally and closely and expected Elizabeth to "finally get [her] point") and addressed Mel as a far younger person than she, and we got retcons along the way about the sources of the curses. Nakaba originally went about both the DK and SD killing AND cursing Mel and Ellie, then switched to only the DK cursing both. Even though "reincarnation manipulation" is clearly a GC ability. Again, if the AAs return, along with their Graces, I find it unwise for things to go down the same ridiculous path Nakaba chose with Escanor(his having a magic ability on loan, and having it work against him too, cause it was too much for his human body).
The TCs were toxic for anyone else than the DK or, when split, the demons he granted them to(and that only as long as they submitted to the TCs' will), and the Graces only work properly for the Goddesses they were naturally granted to.
If Nakaba retcons that too, then he's left with one huge path to original writing(or anything close to it) completely cut off. He's shooting his own foot, big time.
This page, i believe these should be more update translations as the first set weren't accurate. It also changed gramps "betrayal" statement too.

Ugh, I saw that but it managed to eventually slip my mind; I got distracted by the Lohengrin reference with the knight in the flying boat, the tale about the forest(which should be the Fairy Forest), the Lady of the Lake/Priestess of Chaos one and my wondering what the holed up cave might be a reference to(I think I faintly remember something like that from the "human settlement" Meliodas, Elizabeth, Kingxinia and Drolliane went to rescue during the Ancient Holy War training camp for King and Diane. I really wonder if the tower is a reference to Merlin's new lab, and the "cruel" epithet is owed to her choice of unsealing Chaos which may have led to the current dangerous events and previously to Balgis disagreeing with what was going on in Camelot and leaving with Percy, or, if the Mage in the tower isn't Merlin, then it's that cloaked figure hi-jaking control of Camelot, with the hope of getting the outside world too.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Hey what if, just a what if Percival is the reincarnation of the Demon King!!!!! An sweet innocent existence contrast to it's true nature of being an evil entity who'll bring forth death upon the world!?

Also what if Arthur has turned evil, Merlin opposed him but Arthur brainwashed or imprisoned Merlin?

Tsotso2

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Hey what if, just a what if Percival is the reincarnation of the Demon King!!!!! An sweet innocent existence contrast to it's true nature of being an evil entity who'll bring forth death upon the world!?
That would feel pretty unnecessary and out of nowhere though the contrast you pointed out is interesting. However I don't think Nakaba would have the new protagonist be related to the Demon King like Meliodas was as it would be kind of repetitive.
Percival destroying the world is just speculation for now (even in-universe). And it probably has to do with the idea of "A power isn't inherently good or bad, it depends on how you use it" which was also present in the Chaos Arc of NNT when Arthur started using the power of Chaos.

Blazar

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I disagree because she was cast aside along with most main female's interests other than romantic life(even some of Merlin's resolve was "poisoned" with influence from her unrequited crush on Meliodas) in the original story where she was set up as the main enemy for Melizabeth(along with the DK) and we never got to see anything of her properly active, not even the manga version of that Horn of Cernunnos destruction scene from the Signs of Holy War specials which implied that the female goddess speaking through the Horn was the SD herself, given the familiarity with which she spoke of Elizabeth(like she knew her personally and closely and expected Elizabeth to "finally get [her] point") and addressed Mel as a far younger person than she, and we got retcons along the way about the sources of the curses. Nakaba originally went about both the DK and SD killing AND cursing Mel and Ellie, then switched to only the DK cursing both. Even though "reincarnation manipulation" is clearly a GC ability. Again, if the AAs return, along with their Graces, I find it unwise for things to go down the same ridiculous path Nakaba chose with Escanor(his having a magic ability on loan, and having it work against him too, cause it was too much for his human body).
The TCs were toxic for anyone else than the DK or, when split, the demons he granted them to(and that only as long as they submitted to the TCs' will), and the Graces only work properly for the Goddesses they were naturally granted to.
If Nakaba retcons that too, then he's left with one huge path to original writing(or anything close to it) completely cut off. He's shooting his own foot, big time.
Disagree with what? Beg your pardon.
SD was cast aside in NnT just as you say. The same SD was mentioned in MnYK sketches as some translations say. I don't see any disagreement tbh.
What I say is that Nakaba probably ignored SD and GC fully aware of its negative consequences. But the events in late NnT and that controversial page suggests they may have a more befitting role in MnYK.
About Escanor, I'd better wait for one more week to set my expectations based on more reliable (still not definitive) data.

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
That would feel pretty unnecessary and out of nowhere though the contrast you pointed out is interesting. However I don't think Nakaba would have the new protagonist be related to the Demon King like Meliodas was as it would be kind of repetitive.
Percival destroying the world is just speculation for now (even in-universe). And it probably has to do with the idea of "A power isn't inherently good or bad, it depends on how you use it" which was also present in the Chaos Arc of NNT when Arthur started using the power of Chaos.
don't think that's possible since mel destroyed the commandments itself which is like half of his soul/power

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
You mean the sighing sage right?
And yeah the fight could have been much better, sadly the last 70-80 chapters were completely wack
@Shadowlord123 had written his version in "How would you write the story" or something thread that was amazing
Thanks for the compliment. Actually, I've written a continuation of where I left things at my fanfic. It's just unfinished and I stopped mid-ways, that's why I haven't posted anything else, but one of these days I'll probably continue it and post the final result here :amuse

That being said, time to catch up with this sequel since I've only read chapter 1 :XD

diego190401

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Chapter 7 available at Pocket Shonen Magazine NOT for free: