Discussion Mokushiroku no Yonkishi by Suzuki Nakaba

Do you think Sin is really 3000 years old?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
The fight was good, I won't lie there and all ........

But

Ah shit here we go again, cmon nakaba why don't you fuckin learn about having some terrifying strong villains who don't get low diffed by a STUPID KID JUST BECAUSE HE'S SOME HERO TYPE PLOT BS

LEARN YOU DAMNIT

GIVE SOME STRONG IMPACTING VILLAINS

Demonspeed

The Blessed User of Dragon Pokémon
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nakaba isn't allowing Percival to use his sword for now but for this fight he shaped his Magic like his grandpa's blade :XD. Even the way he finished Talisker is similar to the way he was slicing the bird in the first chapter.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But

Ah shit here we go again, cmon nakaba why don't you fuckin learn about having some terrifying strong villains who don't get low diffed by a STUPID KID JUST BECAUSE HE'S SOME HERO TYPE PLOT BS

LEARN YOU DAMNIT

This guy was clearly going to be fodderized. And yes, although Nakaba wants a weaker MC it has always been his style to have OP ones. Percival is indeed different from his previous battle shounen MC.

KagamiKuroko

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

But

LEARN YOU DAMNIT

Talisker is probably some low level grunt, percival kicking his ass isn't really a problem imo, it would only be an issue if he can no diff pelgard/ironside and people like that which he can't

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Y'all really defending this, when you know this is exactly how every villain is treated and will be treated in future 🤦‍♂️:facepalm

GreaterForce

Reaction score
Country
England
People for real are crying already after one villian got decimated? Maybe you all need a reminder: Ironside and Pellegarde both slapped Percival and the other 'good guys' up pretty badly. Complaining about fodder bad guys in KOTA is not justified at this point in time.

Bang

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
For now Percival's magic abilities include:
Crating golems
Healing
Blocking magic
Golem force field
Ranged golem force field attacks
And what seems to be magic absorbtion(page 35)

Yeah, that's not an apprentice level magic.
To be fair, it seems to have a deep connection with Percival's sense of "justice" and all, so a tricky enough villain can easily bring him down. Although, it may be even worse, because one "Tatakae Percival-sama!!" from literal who can turn our boy into a murder machine.

diego190401

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I didn't like this chapter
I should wait for translation though

Blazar

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Y'all really defending this, when you know this is exactly how every villain is treated and will be treated in future 🤦‍♂️:facepalm
Percival here is very similar to his previous sport manga protagonists: Gawain and Mushin. Brats who start from zero but overcome anyone who stands in their way in less than 10 seconds.

The other type of protagonist Nakaba creates is found in his two action manga: Akira and Meliodas. Guys with a backstory who start from a non-zero state and reach infinity in no time.

I don't have any idea about the protagonist in Blizzard Axel because I haven't read that yet, but let's face it, impressive antagonists are rare findings in Nakaba stories.

Gawain, Akira, Meliodas, Mushin, and Percival all share similar features and the way they overcome obstacles is very similar most of the times.

So I don't think we can expect the man to change his writing style suddenly and write a new story with a completely different structure. I bet it make things even worse because he has decades of experience writing enjoyable stories like this, and a change in style would make a newbie out of him in the respective field.

The only good thing about this WEAK hero of 4KoA is that he is not a 300000000 year old monster. His powers are insane but he couldn't have prevented past disasters from happening simply because He was not Born yet. So regardless of his actions, his adventures doesn't become stupid and non-existent. (Unlike a certain character in a certain manga by a certain Nakaba Suzuki :smile-big)

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
People for real are crying already after one villian got decimated? Maybe you all need a reminder: Ironside and Pellegarde both slapped Percival and the other 'good guys' up pretty badly. Complaining about fodder bad guys in KOTA is not justified at this point in time.
Ironside beat him at first chapter when he was completely weak then we have pelgarde who was still pressurized by a newly awakened Percival and this current Percival seems to have far greater mastery over his powers than when he fought pelgard, so what makes you think current Percival won't be giving big trouble to either ironside or pelgard since he could already give pelgard some trouble while not even fully mastering his magic powers
Also prove me how is this Amber Knight is just fodder, nothing till now implies him being fodder or much below other knights

Percival here is very similar to his previous sport manga protagonists: Gawain and Mushin. Brats who start from zero but overcome anyone who stands in their way in less than 10 seconds.

The other type of protagonist Nakaba creates is found in his two action manga: Akira and Meliodas. Guys with a backstory who start from a non-zero state and reach infinity in no time.

I don't have any idea about the protagonist in Blizzard Axel because I haven't read that yet, but let's face it, impressive antagonists are rare findings in Nakaba stories.

Gawain, Akira, Meliodas, Mushin, and Percival all share similar features and the way they overcome obstacles is very similar most of the times.

So I don't think we can expect the man to change his writing style suddenly and write a new story with a completely different structure. I bet it make things even worse because he has decades of experience writing enjoyable stories like this, and a change in style would make a newbie out of him in the respective field.

The only good thing about this WEAK hero of 4KoA is that he is not a 300000000 year old monster. His powers are insane but he couldn't have prevented past disasters from happening simply because He was not Born yet. So regardless of his actions, his adventures doesn't become stupid and non-existent. (Unlike a certain character in a certain manga by a certain Nakaba Suzuki :smile-big)
And it's still bad

I'm not saying he has to change his style, all I'm asking for is strong villains who just don't get humiliated by the MC, take this case of Amber knight nakaba could have easily made him have a good fight with Percival than just straight up humiliating him just after one chapter he would introduced

Great villains make a story and the struggle of the MCs impactful just look at Aizen or Madara or Ata etc

Forget all these just look at nakaba's own villain Galan, before the bs I'm strong from beginning power creep mel And other sins arose. Galan was by far the best villain in NNT, I know he was weak but the way he manhandled the sins, nearly killed them all, that's what a villain should be like completely monsterous, the execution for galan as a villain was really great for when he was introduced and then we got humiliating villains, estarossa was just a mad lad if anything and quite fine as a villain after that there's none, heck the DK was having the protagonistic characteristics of never giving up

We need strong villains, not just strong but such who can completely overpower the MCs and only brought down after much struggle
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Any more explanation regarding Percival's magic power in this chapter?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't understand... You are expecting this in the future, you didn't like it in NNT and yet here you are reading this weekly. Always complaining about the way fights are written isn't going to change things here. We aren't Nakaba's editors and I think it's unhealthy. If a manga isn't entertaining enough for someone he should just drop it.

Why should we even care about some random HK here to play the villain of the week?

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
I don't understand... You are expecting this in the future, you didn't like it in NNT and yet here you are reading this weekly. Always complaining about the way fights are written isn't going to change things here. We aren't Nakaba's editors and I think it's unhealthy. If a manga isn't entertaining enough for someone he should just drop it.

Why should we even care about some random HK here to play the villain of the week?
I just complained about the bad treatment and execution of the villains, never complained regarding the plot or story or anything else, just one aspect of it. Did I say you or anyone here to go and change it for me or anything? No, and as a user I'm completely free to criticize or complain as long it's not completely unreasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blazar

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
And it's still bad

I'm not saying he has to change his style, all I'm asking for is strong villains who just don't get humiliated by the MC, take this case of Amber knight nakaba could have easily made him have a good fight with Percival than just straight up humiliating him just after one chapter he would introduced

Great villains make a story and the struggle of the MCs impactful just look at Aizen or Madara or Ata etc

Forget all these just look at nakaba's own villain Galan, before the bs I'm strong from beginning power creep mel And other sins arose. Galan was by far the best villain in NNT, I know he was weak but the way he manhandled the sins, nearly killed them all, that's what a villain should be like completely monsterous, the execution for galan as a villain was really great for when he was introduced and then we got humiliating villains, estarossa was just a mad lad if anything and quite fine as a villain after that there's none, heck the DK was having the protagonistic characteristics of never giving up

We need strong villains, not just strong but such who can completely overpower the MCs and only brought down after much struggle
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Any more explanation regarding Percival's magic power in this chapter?
This is bad, but there are other elements nice enough to mesmerize us fans even after that failure of a final arc we saw in NnT.

I don't say because he was always like this, we can't criticize his decisions. But because he has almost always been like this, we can set our expectations based on this fact.
I think you'll better get my point if you read "Chiguhagu lovers". Your expectations may change after that just like what happened to me lol.

You are 100% right about great villains. Antagonists shape the story and efforts of the MC better than MC itself. I did say his style is close to that of ancient tales, but I didn't say it's his trump card. If there is one reason why we had to suffer a ruined final arc a while before, it has to be it.
EDITED: It is not good, but it is what it is.

Galand is one of those rare cases of impressive antagonist I mentioned. Galand and 4C Mael started out as good ones, but just for a short while. The one who truly remained impressive till the end was Hendy for sure. He later paid the price by becoming a useless bystander most of the times. It was his atonement for the great SIN of being a goOd baD Guy till the end lol.

Last edited:

sobreno

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Percival is supposed to be a world-class danger (potential wise) to eliminate as being one of 4 knights, and this HK was clearly a fodder, Percival wasn't lucky before because he meet the top tier ones.

Obviously, he will get there and surpass them all, someone who is a threat to Chaos Arthur is to be expected to deliver such feats.

Last edited:

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
This really isn’t bad. No one said this guy was going to be some super threat. The manga just started. He’s essentially Twigo or the sword Gil put in Bernia.Him being fodder doesn’t mean every villain will. Pellegarde wasn’t fodder and he showed up first.

In hindsight, I think a lot the criticism NNT villains get is unfair. Zeldris, Chandler, Estarossa, Galand, Derieri ,Hendrickson, Melascula, Dolor and Gloxinia were all good to great.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I just complained about the bad treatment and execution of the villains, never complained regarding the plot or story or anything else, just one aspect of it. Did I say you or anyone here to go and change it for me or anything? No, and as a user I'm completely free to criticize or complain as long it's not completely unreasonable.
This development is part of the plot. I didn't say that you aren't free to criticize the story. But being so mad because some irrelevant HK got defeated easily, even claiming that it is bound to happen to all future villains of the series counts as an overreaction to me.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
I don't want to discuss that anymore

So I'll just change the topic

So was that sword that Percival used to cut that hail storm bird, that did look like the goddess sword, I remember that was when ludoret and Elizabeth crossed swords as a sign of alliance it looked like that

Any chances of it being light magic and Percival being related to Goddesses? Cause no way I see Percival now as a pure human, probably some sort of a hybrid!?

Can anyone translate the summary of the chapter please, or if there's any QnA?

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
I see no title of next chapter.

Q/As:
Q11: Katana-san: How thick do you like udon?
A: I love it thin! But if you mean miso, then perhaps I like it thick.

Q12: Satorunrun♪-san: What do Percival and his gramps eat to live on God's Finger?
A: Celestial fish, rock birds, boulder lizards, meals the gramps cooks.

Q13: Kocchi-san: How heavy is the helmet Percival wears?
A: 7 kilograms!!

Q14: Katana-san: Tell me the brand of sake or shochu you'd like to drink.
A: If it's the sake, then Antou Suigun, if it's shochu, then Gift of Rose.

Here are the names of attacks:
Page 34: Riot Piercer
Pages 38-39: Calamity Bird
Also, the guy's magic is called Calamity.

Vortigern

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Calamity? He must be best buds with King.

Controlling hail is one thing, but having control over thunderbolts and perhaps other weather/natural phenomena as well seems like a really strong and versatile power to waste on such a minor enemy. I wonder if Talisker is going to become a recurring antagonist.