Discussion Mokushiroku no Yonkishi by Suzuki Nakaba

Rizaadxn

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, after 14 chapters, what do you guys think? Do you think that you like Percy better as a MC than Mel as he was portrayed in the beginning?
I don't really remember how I felt about Mel in the beginning, I guess I liked his carefree attitude and mysterious background, but I don't think there's much reason for me to like one character over the other so far.

sobreno

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
I like Percival more because Meliodas' groping was a bit excessive. But without that aspect, Mel had more going for him, especially in terms of mystery.
Well, Percival's background is also mysterious. Like is he completely human or a hybrid too?

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I think Percival is a less mysterious "Meliodas" in the ways that there are no signals that he's hidding another side of his personality.

Just like Mel he's very cheerful and has the look of a kid that confuses everyone, and is carefree. But outside of that we at least know something about Percival's story before the main series (his grandfather). About Meliodas, we didn't know a single thing; I think the Elizabeth element in the first arc was what made us see that there was something else about Meliodas, since he showed more of his mysterious sides in the plot when it came to her, Liz and his wrath.

Percival doesn't have any of that, I feel that he's more simple in that way but still very likeable. At this point of the story I enjoyed Meliodas's character in about how many secrets and sides he had, but I still appreciate that Percival is both different and similar to him, while still being likeable and fun.

I think we will be able to compare them more in the future, when it's time for Percival to show character development, something that gave mixed feelings to some readers when Meliodas started to show his.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
The pacing is keeping me from being able to form a real opinion on Percival. He’s a nice guy but as it stands he’s not exactly the most interesting person

baditz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
For me Percival just like most shonen protagonist, innocent simple easy going guy, so i like Meliodas more,,

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
For me Percival just like most shonen protagonist, innocent simple easy going guy, so i like Meliodas more,,
I can understand why people would prefer Meliodas. He was a breath of fresh air from the typical mold of MC that people start getting tired of from Jump at the time. But, honestly, the best way to describe Meliodas is that he's basically a poorly executed Kenshin Himura, meanwhile Percival is a zero sugar Gon Freecss.

baditz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I can understand why people would prefer Meliodas. He was a breath of fresh air from the typical mold of MC that people start getting tired of from Jump at the time. But, honestly, the best way to describe Meliodas is that he's basically a poorly executed Kenshin Himura, meanwhile Percival is a zero sugar Gon Freecss.
Well, u not wrong,,
But for me Mel better than Percy.

Giuliana De Giuseppe

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Is it possible that we have a leak? Because I have seen that Edens Zero has come out complete.

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
leaks would come out if there was a scanslations group dedicated to the series but since it got picked up by crunchyroll, it doesn't have one and so nobody leaks it. Hopefully the series grows and eventually we start getting early spoilers

HHellenn

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Is it possible that we have a leak? Because I have seen that Edens Zero has come out complete.
It seems that the official Brazilian publication has forgotten that Japan is on break.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Hmm 100k is a good number, very good for a starting series

Blazar

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
My good friend @Ann Firestar informed me of this tweet couple days ago, and I was so shocked to see a boy this similar to Nakaba's Gawain in NnT.

I don't think I should go as far to talk about chapter 334 of NnT here in 4KotA thread, but I suspect if Nakaba used bottles to do the trick this time. This page comes before the one featuring the seven deadly sins, and a very beautiful reference to Escanor can be found there as well.

Mabino, a lad, and the Sun. Thanks to this theory, I could see the chapter is telling us something about the proud bartender in the most relevant way possible, the language of bottles. I'm so happy to know there are such details embedded in chapter 334, but I don't exactly know what to expect from all of it yet. :hmm

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You know, I hope another Galand type character shows up in the sequel. Not in the way where he's just used as a hype tool, I mean someone with a cool armor design or someone with a similar personality.

Demonspeed

Nature is calling!
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Seems like Gawain is a 100℅ confirmed character for the sequel
I never doubted it but in this case here I think it's more of a easter egg. There was Matrona with a Akira's belt too IRC.

You know, I hope another Galand type character shows up in the sequel. Not in the way where he's just used as a hype tool, I mean someone with a cool armor design or someone with a similar personality.
Doesn't Pelgart fit?