Hangout - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Hangout Thread | Page 157 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Rizaadxn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
her fake death was just a a quick and light mention from Matrona and was not very significant, so in this case I would have even expected it to be fake than otherwise.
It's not like if we bring Gloxinia again, for example.
My issue with it is that it happens too much NNT. I mean, the fact Nakaba even questioned bringing back Zhivago's son shows how far he could possibly go.

Also, just why? How does bringing back a minor character that 'died' so many hundreds of chapters ago benefit the story? Just leave it at that and focus on characters that actually matter.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
My issue with it is that it happens too much NNT. I mean, the fact Nakaba even questioned bringing back Zhivago's son shows how far he could possibly go.

Also, just why? How does bringing back a minor character that 'died' so many hundreds of chapters ago benefit the story? Just leave it at that and focus on characters that actually matter.
About the “why bringing her back now”, pretty sure Nakaba is going to answer you on this short arc we are now.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Not all deaths have been on-screen I believe. I would certainly prefer it if she was dead but I am not going to rage if she turns out to be the original Dolores as long as the story is decent.

However, Therion being alive would definitely annoy me.

Last edited:

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Do you guys think Donny will have any significant role in the sequel? Like will he get some kind of power up and move along with percival as a main cast!?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Do you guys think Donny will have any significant role in the sequel? Like will he get some kind of power up and move along with percival as a main cast!?
He will definitely get stronger but I don't think he'll be too important. Will probably a recurring supporting character like the Misfits or Hendy.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Hard to say, i think for the beginning he'll carry some weight but later on he'll fade into the background slowly but steadily. Dude gives me Howzer Vibes, his Magic isn't anything too special either, so there's that too.

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know. My bet is that he's going to be the comic relief of the series.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I do wonder for the Four Knights of the Apocalypse will they get their own version of weapon classification like it was for the Sins' Sacred treasures?

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
No. Humans didn’t do much unless they were antagonists or Escanor in Seven deadly Sins and I can’t see Nakaba changing that now. He’ll probably develop somewhat but the enemies will become too strong and he’ll look just like Hendy and Gil did in the fight against Zeldris.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Do you guys think that Meliodas and Sins will get sidelined in this sequel?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I do wonder for the Four Knights of the Apocalypse will they get their own version of weapon classification like it was for the Sins' Sacred treasures?
I don't think the weapon classifications were complicated. The difference was the quality.

Even the weapons of Guila and co were ST class, but we never saw the blacksmith. I said it before but a great blacksmith has been mentioned only once in NNT by Ban and his name was Tarbas.

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you guys think that Meliodas and Sins will get sidelined in this sequel?
It would be bad writing if Nakaba ignores them. But if he is planning on using them, I do hope that he doesn't do the same nonsense the Boruto series did with Naruto and Sasuke for them.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Where does GC Mael live now? Same celestial realm or with Jenna and Zaneri?

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Where does GC Mael live now? Same celestial realm or with Jenna and Zaneri?
Maybe he shares a happy life with Jelamet in Celestial realm where she went to at the end of Queen of Altar story. And raising their kids(?)

No. Humans didn’t do much unless they were antagonists or Escanor in Seven deadly Sins and I can’t see Nakaba changing that now. He’ll probably develop somewhat but the enemies will become too strong and he’ll look just like Hendy and Gil did in the fight against Zeldris.
Or Ban, right? He become so weak and useless during Corand arc because he was a human, but later became one of the most impressive members after purgatory.
Donny is not connected to a god like Ban (Sacred Tree) or Escanor (SD) or even Arthur (Chaos), but he was the only member of Kats three idiots party to accompany Percy in his adventure. Nakaba may have bigger plans for him.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Oh, now that I think about it, Denzel, Deathpierce, and Dreyfus were formidable humans too. And Deathpierce has headed to Edinburgh to build a country for humans. Human characters did not have too much screentime in NnT, but it doesn't mean they were necessarily useless or unable to get stronger.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
King has bottom eyelashes since the beggining. Another different thing is that Nakaba used to draw it always or almost always. But he has them since
then.
Still, that was my point, that Nakaba doesn't always stay consistent when it comes to such small details as eyelashes, we have theories on various possibilities for her full identity, but it could go either way. It's odd though that Nakaba chose to have the mc run into maybe the designated giantess of the story this early, as the first important character Mel and Elizabeth went to recruit was Diane, the Taizai designated giantess, in the Forest of White Dreams. He's not shaking off som of his habits.
Friendly reminder Nakaba wanted to make her appear again alive for 2nd Vaizel Tournament but at the end due to certain circunstances for that arc, he didnt. But his idea was already making her being alive after all this time.
He could've still made his mind up to keep the original character permanently MIA. And if she's not bound to be at least the OP healer of the team, like Elizabeth, or the heroine with a mystery to solve, one many of the fans wouldn't already be aware of owed to reading the previous work, the original Dolores can't have any more relevance. We never got a hint towards original Dolores being anything more than Diane's moral stepping stone.
Aside from the fact that Eli probably wouldn't be comfortable with her best friend's daughter worshipping her to this extent
We saw the Sins visiting Lyonesse for Tristan's 10 yo birthday and that was the very 1st time in his life he met them, without even having been told, previously, tales of their adventures(Gowther let him know in a scary way), he had no idea the Sins had actually been heroes of the country...and even though that would've been a safe way to introduce their kid to the human realm and their old friends, King and Diane still left them behind in the Fairy Realm...implying they might be a tad overprotective. And the Sins, at least those who ended up marrying and having kids, not all as open about past exploits as Ban, for instance.
True, Elizabeth wouldn't be comfortable with her best friend's child doing that, the child's own parents wouldn't be comfortable with that, but when was puberty not a time for kids to misunderstand things about reality, when incompletely revealed to them, and still go against their parents' wishes? It could be exactly the parents' wariness of revealing too much to their children, while they feel the kids aren't yet ready for that, leading to droves of misunderstandings and contrary to expectations behaviour.
Isn't that exactly why she should return? The giant clan was barely explored at all in NNT
Original Dolores isn't a proper exponent of the Giant Clan, she'd always gone completely against everything they are and stand for. Nakaba could hardly be bothered to explore the clan through Matrona and Diane(especially Diane who was a supporting main) and these 2 strayed a bit from what the Giant Clan was, while still nurturing their warrior side, reliant on their bond with the land(but in all, became much more balanced representatives).
Elaine mentioned that King and Diane's kid is cute so the gang is still in contact with each other to some extent.
Actually, that bit only confirms Elaine...and her family...are in contact with King's, nothing about the others. Elaine is the offspring of the Sacred Tree so she has free access to the Fairy Realm, Ban is the human who saved the Fairy Forest, so he's probably allowed to visit too, Lance is these two's kid so it goes without saying(at least before his disappearance) that he could keep in touch with his extended family...if anything the one-shots and last chapter of Taizai insinuate that the visits between these old friends are rare and far in between.
I mean, the very first character to make a return was Katz, who was so irrelevant and uninteresting that most people probably didn't even remember who he was.
I still don't remember who he was in the original, and he was left behind in this as well, so still irrelevant enough for me to have to spend a few seconds to remember who he's supposed to be at least in MnY. He's likely to end up bearing the same relevance as the Vaizel tournament dude who organised the 2nd one and was killed off...yeah, can't remember his name either, at this point. Or like Twiggo...or Zarathras...or, you get my point.
The way is look at all of this is that Nakaba wants to keep some distance between this series and NNT, especially since he stated that you don't need to be familiar with NNT to be able to follow this
Which is far more supportive of the idea of Dolores being a new character, regardless of being offspring to a pair of mains in Taizai or not.
her fake death was just a a quick and light mention from Matrona and was not very significant, so in this case I would have even expected it to be fake than otherwise.
It's not like if we bring Gloxinia again, for example.
It would still be like bringing back Matrona, light version. I don't hate original Dolores, her attitude was completely understandable and relatable irl, but I don't see where exactly could Nakaba pull some reasonable relevance for her in this context. They have technically 2 mascots, already, and current Dolores is far more proactive and almost a complete 180 turn away from original Dolores, and she behaves like someone who was raised by Diane and King at their wisest( minus the whole GC worshipping stuff).
I'd be surprised if Nakaba finally realised that people want to read about where special weapons come from and how they come to be, have their powers properly explained at the appropriate time and not get the Courechouse treatment...but you never know with him...

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Maybe he shares a happy life with Jelamet in Celestial realm where she went to at the end of Queen of Altar story. And raising their kids(?)

Or Ban, right? He become so weak and useless during Corand arc because he was a human, but later became one of the most impressive members after purgatory.
Donny is not connected to a god like Ban (Sacred Tree) or Escanor (SD) or even Arthur (Chaos), but he was the only member of Kats three idiots party to accompany Percy in his adventure. Nakaba may have bigger plans for him.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Oh, now that I think about it, Denzel, Deathpierce, and Dreyfus were formidable humans too. And Deathpierce has headed to Edinburgh to build a country for humans. Human characters did not have too much screentime in NnT, but it doesn't mean they were necessarily useless or unable to get stronger.
Honestly Mael gives me the bachelor vibes, staying in solitude

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Honestly Mael gives me the bachelor vibes, staying in solitude
I was joking man.
But about what he may be doing right now.
Mael is one of the only two known living angels with an original body. The other one being a disowned fallen Archangel.
I'd assume he is naturally trying to free his kin from the seal and bring their true bodies back to them.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
I was joking man.
But about what he may be doing right now.
Mael is one of the only two known living angels with an original body. The other one being a disowned fallen Archangel.
I'd assume he is naturally trying to free his kin from the seal and bring their true bodies back to them.
Hope he does have a good role in future,
Btw when do you guys think the OG characters will start appearing in the sequel? And when will characters like Mael start to appear, I think probably after the movie that's coming this July!?

diego190401

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Chapter 8 available at Pocket Shonen Magazine NOT for free: