Hangout - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Hangout Thread | Page 181 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Vortigern

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
I was skimming over the Wikipedia article on Lancelot and there were a couple of things that caught my eye. The first one was a description of Lancelot's appearance bearing some feminine qualities and the second one was this brief mention that he at one point claimed to be 18 years old despite only being 15 at the time. The first detail is something we clearly saw in the one-shot, with the merchant mistaking Lancelot for a girl and Jericho thinking to herself that Lancelot looks like a girl. In response Lancelot got a haircut and a change of clothes to look more masculine, so we know that he cares about that. The other detail wasn't as obvious, but there was that scene of Lancelot drinking some of Ban's ale and declaring himself to be an adult, so he does want to be seen as more mature as well, just like a 15-year old who claims he's 18.

The reason I bring these things up is because I think they might actually surface again in the main story. Everyone's expecting the silhouettes of the KOA to look different from the actual designs, but what if War/Lancelot's silhouette is actually accurate, just not entirely? What if he's a somewhat feminine looking ~16-year old and is trying to compensate for it by making himself look like a grown up macho man? He had already awakened the ability to read hearts at 10 years old, so by now he could have also developed the ability to change one's appearance that King and Helbram demonstrated. This could also tie into the description that one of the knights has no fixed appearance. If the silhouettes in chapter 5 and the descriptions in chapter 6 are in the same order (which they should be, at least based on Tristan and Percival's placements) then War should be the one lacking a fixed appearance. Lancelot may still be experimenting with different appearances in an attempt to look like the most obnoxious dudebro in all of Britannia.

I think it could be interesting if the readers don't even realize who War actually is when he is introduced, because his appearance is so different from the Lancelot we saw in the one-shot. That could also hide Lancelot's identity from other characters, such as the Sins. In the Arthurian legends, Lancelot is known for sometimes disguising his identity, for example when participating in a tournament. At one point him and Tristan had a big duel, which ended when they recognized each other. Nakaba's Lancelot had a duel with Tristan shortly before his disappearance in the one-shot, so I could totally see their first meeting in the sequel involving a fight, which ends when they discover each other's identities during the clash. That could be a cool way to finally reveal Lancelot's identity to the audience as well. There are a lot of interesting things you could do with this stuff, but it might be a bit impractical to keep one of the main characters hidden for a long time. Then again Escanor didn't even show up until 3 years into NNT so who knows how far Nakaba is willing to go.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I was skimming over the Wikipedia article on Lancelot and there were a couple of things that caught my eye. The first one was a description of Lancelot's appearance bearing some feminine qualities and the second one was this brief mention that he at one point claimed to be 18 years old despite only being 15 at the time. The first detail is something we clearly saw in the one-shot, with the merchant mistaking Lancelot for a girl and Jericho thinking to herself that Lancelot looks like a girl. In response Lancelot got a haircut and a change of clothes to look more masculine, so we know that he cares about that. The other detail wasn't as obvious, but there was that scene of Lancelot drinking some of Ban's ale and declaring himself to be an adult, so he does want to be seen as more mature as well, just like a 15-year old who claims he's 18.

The reason I bring these things up is because I think they might actually surface again in the main story. Everyone's expecting the silhouettes of the KOA to look different from the actual designs, but what if War/Lancelot's silhouette is actually accurate, just not entirely? What if he's a somewhat feminine looking ~16-year old and is trying to compensate for it by making himself look like a grown up macho man? He had already awakened the ability to read hearts at 10 years old, so by now he could have also developed the ability to change one's appearance that King and Helbram demonstrated. This could also tie into the description that one of the knights has no fixed appearance. If the silhouettes in chapter 5 and the descriptions in chapter 6 are in the same order (which they should be, at least based on Tristan and Percival's placements) then War should be the one lacking a fixed appearance. Lancelot may still be experimenting with different appearances in an attempt to look like the most obnoxious dudebro in all of Britannia.

I think it could be interesting if the readers don't even realize who War actually is when he is introduced, because his appearance is so different from the Lancelot we saw in the one-shot. That could also hide Lancelot's identity from other characters, such as the Sins. In the Arthurian legends, Lancelot is known for sometimes disguising his identity, for example when participating in a tournament. At one point him and Tristan had a big duel, which ended when they recognized each other. Nakaba's Lancelot had a duel with Tristan shortly before his disappearance in the one-shot, so I could totally see their first meeting in the sequel involving a fight, which ends when they discover each other's identities during the clash. That could be a cool way to finally reveal Lancelot's identity to the audience as well. There are a lot of interesting things you could do with this stuff, but it might be a bit impractical to keep one of the main characters hidden for a long time. Then again Escanor didn't even show up until 3 years into NNT so who knows how far Nakaba is willing to go.
Thanks for sharing the information and going in details comparing 4KotA with the original legend.:verily

About the change in appearance, the problem is that why Nakaba's introduced a contradiction this soon in the story.
You could solve the case for Lancelot assuming he is War and the description of lad with no fixed appearance applies to him due to the order.

Then what about Tristan? Another explanation is needed for him. Tristan and Lancelot of Arthurian legend are like similar characters in different settings. But the change in appearance applies to one of them in 4KotA and Tristan doesn't seem to have an ability to look older so far.

Famine's faced is almost completely hidden from us. It's hard to make a guess about his age base on the face, so there might be no meed for explanation in his case.

By the way, if we assume Lancelot is Famine and his appearance can change, the we have this War guy with a face and build clearly similar to an adult human. And the problem couldn't be solved this easily.

Then again, if War and Pestilence are gonna look like their silhouette in chapter 5, why bother to talk about the age of them in the next chapter?

Is it because Nakaba wanted to tell us they are not HKs? The entire HK thing could be ignored with no harm to the plot. So there is no need to introduce a second element to force impact to it.

It's function is to fool us into altering our expectations? This way Nakaba have a lot more different choices to surprise the audience and make more complicated twists. Somehow like how he caught us all off guard with Doll Gowther and the Armor Giant twist.

I can't think of any other reason for now. But whatever his intents and plans are, I hope Nakaba can successfully execute them.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Those silhouettes are definitely not of the current knights, I mean it's said that they are just holy knights apprentice now, they're just teens now and the looks in the silhouettes seem to be of older ones so I'm not sure if that's the design they're actually gonna go with

Vortigern

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Then again, if War and Pestilence are gonna look like their silhouette in chapter 5, why bother to talk about the age of them in the next chapter?
I think there are a few possible explanations for why the silhouettes looked like adults even though the KOA themselves are 15-16.

There could be an in-universe reason for it, like my idea of Lancelot changing his appearance on purpose. If the 4th knight ends up being Gawain then you could create a similar scenario with Sunshine, since we already know it can make a person larger and more muscular during the day. Tristan is more tricky like you said, but even with him you could throw around concepts like maybe he just ages a bit faster due to being a hybrid. Demons and goddesses age slowly, but it's possible that when you combine extreme darkness with extreme light you actually end up with something weird and unexpected. Similar reasoning could also be used to explain how King and Diane's child can be anything but a toddler when it took Diane centuries to mature into her teens.

Alternatively it could be similar to NNT where the initial wanted posters of the Sins looked a bit different from their final designs. A part of it was probably to make them look cooler, some had certain character specific reasons that explained the differences and some could have simply been redesigned. A redesign is not likely over the course of 1 chapter, but the other two scenarios could apply to the KOA as well. The fact that everything is built around this prophecy can be used to justify many things, since if nobody knows who the knights are then it's understandable that the silhouettes wouldn't be entirely accurate.

A third option would be that the silhouettes that we saw are actually going to be their final designs. For a while now I've been thinking about how Percival, Lancelot and Tristan are famous Knights of the Round Table, so they will most likely join Arthur's knights at some point. When it happens, I think it would make sense for there to be a timeskip that gets us to a point where the KOA are established members of the Round Table that the other knights are familiar with and no longer hold any grudges towards. Perhaps that's when the KOA will mature to match their silhouettes, except for Percival who seems immune to puberty.

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
hmm..no leaks yet or break due to golden week?

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
when I thought this chapter couldn't get any more interesting since I thought we'll be introduced to a girl. But see what we got -

Baddie Ironside
Awesome dynamic of the percival group
Seemingly good info dumps
Merlin silhouette probably she created more trouble 🤦‍♂️
And Magical Artifacts

Awesome and super hype chapter ,10/10 and translations haven't even landed yet lol

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
It seems like the plot about the Coffin of Eternal Darkness is back again. Pretty sure in the future the pieces will be joined together to seal someone, or an entire clan/s.

Now I wonder if Nakaba introducing Dabuzu on the next movie was not by chance....

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Percival's golem work like magic detector apparently? I guess it explains how they knew how to stop Pelgart's attack.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The umbrella's design is similar to Chastiefol's with the dots... 🤔

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Title of next chapter: Angharhad the Dreamer.

Will do the Q/As soon.

Q/As:

Q15: Rinne-san: Tell us Nasiens and Dolores' sizes and weights!
A: Nasiens: 163cm and 47kg. As for Dolores, they're printed on the Sinful Testament fanbook.

Q16: Gudenoko-san: At what time do ideas come in mind?
A: In the middle of inking. When I'm in the futon.

Q17: Juri-san: How old is Nasiens?
A: 16.♪ The same as Percival and Donny.

Q18: Gamigami-san: What does dunce mean?
[TN: The word otanchin was used in a recent drawing on the blog where we see Percy and Mel.]
A: It means idiot!!

Ann Firestar

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Quoting Wikipedia, before anyone even start to ask who it is.

Angharad (/æŋˈhærəd/; Welsh pronunciation: [aˈŋ̊arad]) is a feminine given name in the Welsh language, having a long association with Welsh royalty, history and myth. It translates to English as much loved one. In Welsh mythology, Angharad is the lover of Peredur in the myth cycle The Mabinogion.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Percy apparently used Ouroboros to turn a knife into a big kitchen one.
What do you mean? IIRC there has never been anything specific about the Ouroboros in NNT.

Templ

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malta
Quoting Wikipedia, before anyone even start to ask who it is.

Angharad (/æŋˈhærəd/; Welsh pronunciation: [aˈŋ̊arad]) is a feminine given name in the Welsh language, having a long association with Welsh royalty, history and myth. It translates to English as much loved one. In Welsh mythology, Angharad is the lover of Peredur in the myth cycle The Mabinogion.
And Peredur was the Welsh counterpart of our Percival, quite funny isn't it. This girl may be the new Elizabeth.

Giuliana De Giuseppe

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Title of next chapter: Angharhad the Dreamer.

Will do the Q/As soon.

Q/As:

Q15: Rinne-san: Tell us Nasiens and Dolores' sizes and weights!
A: Nasiens: 163cm and 47kg. As for Dolores, they're printed on the Sinful Testament fanbook.

Q16: Gudenoko-san: At what time do ideas come in mind?
A: In the middle of inking. When I'm in the futon.

Q17: Juri-san: How old is Nasiens?
A: 16.♪ The same as Percival and Donny.

Q18: Gamigami-san: What does dunce mean?
[TN: The word otanchin was used in a recent drawing on the blog where we see Percy and Mel.]
A: It means idiot!!
Nakaba, you answered a question of mine, I feel happy

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
It seems like the plot about the Coffin of Eternal Darkness is back again. Pretty sure in the future the pieces will be joined together to seal someone, or an entire clan/s.

Now I wonder if Nakaba introducing Dabuzu on the next movie was not by chance....
..yeah Really interesting to see that part of the seal hidden in a random tree....she hid it?..

and also yes i dont think it's coincidence dabuzu appears in movie and we get this ...reveal of MoC was similar intends i think