Hangout - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Hangout Thread | Page 209 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Bang

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
Nakaba loves changing colors.
Gelda's hair was blue, Elaine's wings were also blue iirc. Even Merlin's eyes changed from yellow to red to even blue.
Perhaps he just has some degree of color blindness? Or he just forgets lmao.

KagamiKuroko

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe Percivals eyes turn green when he activates his powers (ala a super saiyan) we've never seen percival in color during a fight iirc

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nakaba loves changing colors.
Gelda's hair was blue, Elaine's wings were also blue iirc. Even Merlin's eyes changed from yellow to red to even blue.
Perhaps he just has some degree of color blindness? Or he just forgets lmao.
Changing the colors on a side character is one thing but Percy is the protagonist. Already two volumes with the purple eyes on the cover and he's either forgot or changed it lol.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So the idea behind Percival's magic is the belief others have in him? That's an interesting concept. I wonder if that's why his magic is capable of doing different things, because those specific things are needed in that moment.

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
So the idea behind Percival's magic is the belief others have in him? That's an interesting concept. I wonder if that's why his magic is capable of doing different things, because those specific things are needed in that moment.
I think that has to do more with his magic's type: the Hero type as was explained earlier. Also, if what you said about the necessity of "those specific things in that moment" is true, then why didn't Percy teleport himself & Donny when Pellegarde was about to crash them? Teleportation was a necessity in that moment, and it was what Sin did afterall.

Heart_LoveXX

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
lol, this kinda reminds me of Rise of the Guardian where they keep their powers if the kids believe in them.

On the other hand, the power of friendship trope is pretty mixed among people depending on how it is used in stories. The way Nakaba showed it is very cool and gets me hyped(the chibi's are a cute bonus) but, seeing on how Percy's power is dependent on hope, I wonder how long, and well, he'll be able to execute it without having the fans pull their hair out like with Fairy Tail.

I didn't realize that Anne's hair was cut till I read the comments but it looks nice.

Last edited:

animeangryfan4

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
With these I'm getting more of those ft vibes....... Which ain't a good thing in a long run
Also is Nasciens confirmed gay?
its not a good thing in teh long run, BECAUSE WHY???????? and I hope the answer is not cause of power of freindship. In real life we need thesesort of things to save ourseleves from teh cruel reality. If anything that makes it better.

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I will add that Hope is his magic but it isn't just his at the same time, as everyone believed in him and their hearts are his power.
something like that i gues...lots more of those golems popped up when nasciens mentioned he was his hero..i guess it resonates with his hero type magic

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't believe his Magic in particular powers him up depending on people's hopes in him. In the end it's a well executed emotional power up coupled with the power of friendship and teamwork.

1. Percival was dying.
  2. He got more vitality from Nasiens's perfected potion(which must have powered him up even more).
  3. He progressively recovered and got fired up hearing his friends.

I really like how it was explained that Irons's Magic was affected by Nasiens's. And yes if Donny manage to lift that boulder he has more potential than expected (another case of emotional power up here I'd say).

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Yeah, I noticed Percy’s eye colour change, I just don’t know if I like it or not.
Also I dunno about lipstick, maybe you’re right, but I think there’s more to it. Maybe he’s just a fashion queen✨✨✨
maybe more like his lips are really red cause he bites it all the time?🤔
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I don't believe his Magic in particular powers him up depending on people's hopes in him. In the end it's a well executed emotional power up coupled with the power of friendship and teamwork.

1. Percival was dying.
  2. He got more vitality from Nasiens's perfected potion(which must have powered him up even more).
  3. He progressively recovered and got fired up hearing his friends.

I really like how it was explained that Irons's Magic was affected by Nasiens's. And yes if Donny manage to lift that boulder he has more potential than expected (another case of emotional power up here I'd say).
he didn't swallow the potion though....they clearly mention that..

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I wonder how accurate Ironside's incantation is. Instead of sealing Liones will be burned by Hellfire?

he didn't swallow the potion though....they clearly mention that..
He couldn't at first. But it did enter his mouth so he must have drunk some of it as he heard the others. Guess we'll know for sure next week.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So... percival has the power of hope? In contrast to being the horsemen of the apocalypse of death? I suppose it makes sense the 4 horsemen would represent things other than their supposed plagues but death is not really the opposite or a contrast to death.. it's just a tad of a stretch. Then again he did show the ability to sort of cheat death so perhaps thats the more relevant part.

Reading a bit about the 4 horsemen, it says there is an order to them. The first being pestilence, then war, then famine and then death. We saw percival first so... maybe they will be introduced in the reverse order? So the next one should be famine.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Narratively speaking his power is being powered up by emotions which seems cliche but I think it's because he himself has no control or mastery over his powers but once he does he won't need any emo power up or asspull. The true nature of his magic is still shrouded in mystery which is good IMO

sobreno

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
With these I'm getting more of those ft vibes....... Which ain't a good thing in a long run
Also is Nasciens confirmed gay?
Lol no, that is the usual friendship power up talk

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Emotional power ups have always been a thing. In NNT, countless other series and even IRL...

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Narratively speaking his power is being powered up by emotions which seems cliche but I think it's because he himself has no control or mastery over his powers but once he does he won't need any emo power-up or asspull. The true nature of his magic is still shrouded in mystery which is good IMO
Yeah basically, remember when his magic was barely visible in his fight with Pel, then against Talisker, he could do it with bigger and stronger structure, after that he conserved that level of magic against Ironside and manifested at will that big hand again.

In each power-up (via the emotions or hope of others which is a conceptual type of power-up), he conserves that same level of power that he can use later at will, that is truly insane and there is probably more to his magic.

Emotional power ups have always been a thing. In NNT, countless other series and even IRL...
Well, this time it makes sense since it is literally an ability rather than the usual "yeah thanks to your speeches guys, I got stronger" without any explanation, it just happens.

And Hope is an opposite thematic from Death, which is the epitome of despair, I like that.

It is like a certain ability from a Bleach character in the last arc which can power up via the cheering of others.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Also notice how when Donny said "well if he is around, it is bound to work somehow"

And suddenly a Golem appears out of nowhere where Percival was supposed to be "dead" and not breathing, his magic has definitely some conceptual manipulation in it, that is broken dude, there is an endless possibility with his magic.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Well, this time it makes sense since it is literally an ability rather than the usual "yeah thanks to your speeches guys, I got stronger" without any explanation, it just happens.

And Hope is an opposite thematic from Death, which is the epitome of despair, I like that.

It is like a certain ability from a Bleach character in the last arc which can power up via the cheering of others.

Also notice how when Donny said "well if he is around, it is bound to work somehow"

And suddenly a Golem appears out of nowhere where Percival was supposed to be "dead" and not breathing, his magic has definitely some conceptual manipulation in it, that is broken dude, there is an endless possibility with his magic.
Getting stronger due to emotions was never nonsensical. Most of the time it's the execution and the extent of the power up which are problematic.

No, I don't believe he is literally powered up by hope, it's just well executed. It simply doesn't work well. If it was the case it would mean he is pretty much invincible even now and you should expect him to defeat Ironside next chapter. Because of course, why would they lose faith in their heroes at the moment? Not to mention that in battle shounen, even when the MC is sometimes depressed, there is always someone to believe in him.

Do you believe for example that Percival as he is now would suddenly lose power if Ironside were to kill one of his friends?

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Getting stronger due to emotions was never nonsensical. Most of the time it's the execution and the extent of the power up which are problematic.

No, I don't believe he is literally powered up by hope, it's just well executed. It simply doesn't work well. If it was the case it would mean he is pretty much invincible even now and you should expect him to defeat Ironside next chapter. Because of course, why would they lose faith in their heroes at the moment? Not to mention that in battle shounen, even when the MC is sometimes depressed, there is always someone to believe in him.

Do you believe for example that Percival as he is now would suddenly lose power if Ironside were to kill one of his friends?
But isn't the name of his magic literally "Hope" tho?

No, I don't think that he will lose it obviously as each power-up via "Hope", he conserves that power-up at will like how we saw after his fight with Talisker, he manifested that giant hand again at will against Ironside on his own.

I think the "Hope" concept is just for the power-up mechanism which is better than Nakama power IMO.

His power reminds me of a character in Bleach called Mask the Masculine, but we are at the very beginning of the sequel, there is obviously more to his magic that we don't know yet which Nakaba will progressively explore. In each arc, there is a new surprise or twist to Percival's magic.

Merlin will probably like Percival as she loves unusual and rare specimens.

Percival's magic is called "Hope"

It literally power-up itself as long as someone has "hope" in him, he was dead and breathless as it was confirmed by Nascien but when Donny said: "Well if he is around, it is bound to work somehow"

A Golem appears out of nowhere on his own, then when Nascien and Anne started their pep talk and having hope too, there were more and more, amplifying it by itself through the "Hope" of others.

And Percival revived through it and became even stronger than before, that is some conceptual manip right there similar to a certain character's power from Bleach but far more versatile and with a greater range as Donny wasn't even there when he started having hope in Percival.

It is a better approach than Nakama power, it is literally the MC's ability, well done Nakaba. An ability fitting for a "Hero" of the people, this makes more sense with his magic type which is Hero type, the rarest type of all.

Remember when he fought Pellegarde? His magic suddenly manifested itself when the little kid started having hope in Percival like "Percival isn't going to lose", everything makes sense now.

Hope>Nakama and it is ironic (and fitting) that his power is Hope as he is literally the Knight of Death, Hope is the antithesis of Death which is the epitome of Despair.

His magic is extremely versatile with endless possibilities as there is still more to it, we are at the beginning of the sequel.

Also, with each power-up, he converses the power-up as we saw in his fight against Talisker, he could make huge magical energy-like structures like giant hands and swords, and later on, he could do it again at will against his Father on his own with no issue.

Now, with this new power-up, he and his golems can fly, his magical cap can make wings and extend itself, only the Helmet's ability remains.