Hangout - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Hangout Thread | Page 254 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Enjoyed the fight between Percy and Kellie. The emphasis on Cernunnos' horn makes me feel like the one in Liones is gonna come back into play. And we get the expected explanation, that Ardbeg wasn't lying when he spoke to Anne. Anne being able to keep up with him isn't surprising, since most of the Knights of Chaos don't seem to be on the level of Ironside. Additionally, he could not be seriously fighting her. The examples he gives seem too specific to just be random backstories. Not a surprise Percy was able to combine his magic with his sword. Still seems unclear where the Elder stands with our heroes... Sin didn't seem concern, but it is kind of hard to tell with him.

I like how Ardbeg is being used to make the antagonists more sympathetic. I'm curious if the three tragedies he mentioned will have some relevance to the story. They sound like potential backstories of some of the Knights of Chaos, in fact the grieving father looks a lot like Ardbeg himself. However, I'm not sure if some ordinary civilians could just decide to become holy knights one day. The kids maybe since they would have started training at a young age, but the woman couldn't even lift some rubble and Ardbeg was apparently just a normal hunter in the past. Maybe that explains why he has to rely on a mythical beast to fight and struggles to defeat Anne on his own? He was never holy knight material to begin with.
Could be a similar situation as with the Reactors from the previous series, with relatively weak knights were given a power-up through an external power to be on par with much stronger holy knights. It would explain their zealous loyalty to Arthur.

Zorra_akuma

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey @FKS a couple people on Twitter are saying that nakaba in the chapter this week or leaks or whatever it was was talking about Arthur’s VA and I just wanted to ask if that was true or not and like a trailer or something like that too

Last edited:

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
It's a bit hard to predict what will happen. We know a Sin is supposed to appear so doesn't it mean that Percival's team is supposed to lose?

The Elder is also there and since he didn't get sealed he must be quite powerful. I can't imagine Ardd being that strong. I doubt he is stronger than Percival TBH.

Would be strange if the Familiar is stronger than the master but my guess is that Percival will dominate Cernunnos for a bit but it will overpower him later. Then the Sin (most likely Gowther) will come to the rescue. This maybe Ard will power up with his CS or something.
I mean ardbeg still has an staff of chaos and I think after cernunnos he'll fight using that staff
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also I've heard rumors of there going to be an anime announcement soon? Is that true

Also @FKS will the sin that'll appear in issue 49 will just be in the cover or will the sin actually appear in the chapter as well

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Hey @FKS a couple people on Twitter are saying that nakaba in the chapter this week or leaks or whatever it was was talking about Arthur’s VA and I just wanted to ask if that was true or not and like a trailer or something like that too
Yep, pages 404 and 405 mention the second PV, currently in production, and Arthur's going to be in it, voiced by Kokuryuu Sachi.

Here's the full TL of the two texts:
The second PV of 4KoA is currently in production!! We got help from Suzuki Nakaba-sensei with planning and composition despite his tight schedule!! We racked our brain to figure out how to transmit its beauty to you in a short CM time!! Send your letters to Suzuki Nakaba at [address].
Arthur's VA Kokuryuu Sachi in NnT will voice him in 4KoA in the PV!! How will the VA perform!? Suzuki Nakaba-sensei is all excited too!! Send your questions to him on Twitter with the hashtag #答えてばっちょ! or at the address on the opposite page!

Also @FKS will the sin that'll appear in issue 49 will just be in the cover or will the sin actually appear in the chapter as well
At one point in a past chapter, a margin text says Nakaba gets to decide the story flow until the appearance of (at least) a SDS member.
So I suppose a Sin will appear in the chapter 38. I mean, the title of the next chapter is "Driven to the wall" (more accurately "The one(s) driven to the wall" but oh well) so someone has to come save the day.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yep, pages 404 and 405 mention the second PV, currently in production, and Arthur's going to be in it, voiced by Kokuryuu Sachi.

Here's the full TL of the two texts:
The second PV of 4KoA is currently in production!! We got help from Suzuki Nakaba-sensei with planning and composition despite his tight schedule!! We racked our brain to figure out how to transmit its beauty to you in a short CM time!! Send your letters to Suzuki Nakaba at [address].
Arthur's VA Kokuryuu Sachi in NnT will voice him in 4KoA in the PV!! How will the VA perform!? Suzuki Nakaba-sensei is all excited too!! Send your questions to him on Twitter with the hashtag #答えてばっちょ! or at the address on the opposite page!

At one point in a past chapter, a margin text says Nakaba gets to decide the story flow until the appearance of (at least) a SDS member.
So I suppose a Sin will appear in the chapter 38. I mean, the title of the next chapter is "Driven to the wall" (more accurately "The one(s) driven to the wall" but oh well) so someone has to come save the day.
Oh so it’s not for an anime it’s for the mnaga like the one we got for the beginning of the manga with Percy got it perfect thank you

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Latest tweet:

Text:
The manuscript for the chapter 37 of 4KoA to be released next weel is finished!!
Percival is passing through the timeline!!
On doodle: Have a good day.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
feels like percival is fighting a baby cernunos. I don't like the focus the chapter got on the weapon. Back in NNT weapons were originally all the shit. To be the point where meliodas got foderized by people with a third of his PL solely because of weapons. Add to that holy knights suddenly having access to weapons as effective as sacred treasures. Which meant the only difference between sacred treasures and weapons accesible to knights is the gimmicks the sacred treasures were capable of. And then suddenly weapons were made entirely irrelevant by the fact that half the commandments and none of the archangels even used weapons. And now we get "it's exponential".... More like "It'S eXpOnEnTiAl". Screw you nakaba, get one micron of consistency.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
feels like percival is fighting a baby cernunos. I don't like the focus the chapter got on the weapon. Back in NNT weapons were originally all the shit. To be the point where meliodas got foderized by people with a third of his PL solely because of weapons. Add to that holy knights suddenly having access to weapons as effective as sacred treasures. Which meant the only difference between sacred treasures and weapons accesible to knights is the gimmicks the sacred treasures were capable of. And then suddenly weapons were made entirely irrelevant by the fact that half the commandments and none of the archangels even used weapons. And now we get "it's exponential".... More like "It'S eXpOnEnTiAl". Screw you nakaba, get one micron of consistency.
Would like to point out that the reason some of them didnf is because their magic was their weapon and they didn’t need it the ones who used weapons where ones who’s primary magic used it like esta zel and glox. People like drole and deri and mela and mon had no use for weapons

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Would like to point out that the reason some of them didnf is because their magic was their weapon and they didn’t need it the ones who used weapons where ones who’s primary magic used it like esta zel and glox. People like drole and deri and mela and mon had no use for weapons
That makes no sense. Everyone's magic is their weapon. There is no implied or implicit difference between, say, gilthuders's thunderbolt or dolor's creation. The point made in early nanatsu was that weapons were required for characters to draw out their true power. Now in this series the combination of weapons and magic provides exponential results. No mechanic we have been told about even remotely explains why some characters would need a weapon to draw out their power while others don't. The situation is so absurd that through the whole of NNT meliodas didn't even used his innate magic, he used some spell chandler taught him. And this gets even more absurd if you consider diane originally needed a weapon to draw out her power while dolor didn't even though its literally the same.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think the "weapons make your attacks stronger" thing has ever been irrelevant, Pelgarde talked about it and Howzer was looking for his spear before fighting the dragon but yes around the time the TC came it wasn't brought up. I remember talking about this early on and I was expecting most of them to use weapons but it didn't happen. While some Commandments had weapons, Archangels didn't.

Also, not all weapons are ST-tier weapons. Percival's current sword is not, while the one he took from his grandpa might be. The fact that his Magic is really strong probably plays a big role here.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Why are we getting chapters so early now? Cool to learn more details about how weapons buff Magic.

Considering what we have seen of Baby Percival, maybe he could still defeat the HK even in this state. I am curious to see how it'll affect Sin.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
So destroyer magic provides 10× multiplier. Wasn't Meliodas's innate magic also said to be like destroyer or something?
That's was a good chapter, need some focus on the perspectives here for Arthur and knights these 4 knights will bring world's end but as per the Elder these 4 knights will spread hope all over the world

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So destroyer magic provides 10× multiplier. Wasn't Meliodas's innate magic also said to be like destroyer or something?
That's was a good chapter, need some focus on the perspectives here for Arthur and knights these 4 knights will bring world's end but as per the Elder these 4 knights will spread hope all over the world
Meliodas's Magic is probably Destroyer type but we didn't really see it. Since Hellblaze is Destroyer type anyway, he benefited from these buffs. Divine Slayer was his strongest move.

Vortigern

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Ardbed turned out to be a lousy fighter as expected, but I wasn't expecting him to outright run away. I guess his magic takes time to activate, or maybe he was just afraid of using it near an old man who could actually benefit from getting de-aged? I have to wonder what his plan here is. So far he has been portrayed as a bit of a softie, so is he really just going to turn his enemies into children and then bludgeon them to death with his staff? That would be even more weird if it turns out that he was actually the man who lost his young child in the destruction of Camelot. Having to kill children sounds like a good way to re-experience the same trauma. Of all the possible magic abilities that's a very unfortunate one for Ardbeg to end up with.

I'm curious what the point of this situation is. Why do we need to see the gang as young children? Is it to reveal something about Percival's origins or perhaps to show that Sin wasn't always a fox? We should expect to see one of the Sins appear in the next chapter, so perhaps the goal here is simply to put the group into an unwinnable situation where they would need to be rescued by someone? All the living Sins are ridiculously old and would presumably not be affected by this kind of magic, expect maybe Ban since technically the fountain stopped his aging, at least on a biological level. I guess Merlin's situation is also similar, but she shouldn't be an option anyway. Seeing how this arc is about demons, I would expect the cavalry to be either Meliodas or Gowther. I'm leaning towards Gowther since he could have disguised himself as the elder and he's the only one completely immune to this magic. The dialogue even mentioned that the elder is too big to fit into the caves to make the reader think he can't possibly be the backup.

Speaking of the elder, it seems that he knows about the prophecy regarding the KOA, which is quite odd considering Arthur's knights only learned about that like a week ago. He is very well informed for some guy living in a tiny village in the mountains. The weird thing is that his understanding of the prophecy is that the KOA are meant to spread hope across the world, even though both Sin and Arthur's knights seem to believe the opposite. I can understand Arthur's knights being mislead by the shady mage, but why did Sin tell Percival about the more grim version of the prophecy? Surely he would know better if Meliodas trusted him with this mission. Anyway, it's interesting that the KOA are supposed to spread hope, which just so happens to be Percival's magic. Is that because he's the main character, or is each KOA actually meant to spread something different and the elder just identified Percival's specific role?

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baby Percival probably still stomps this HK 😂

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think Gowther can only change his hair and skin color. He can't turn into an old man.

As for Ard, he said he would not hesitate to kill even a child(not sure he can but who knows). Since the others aren't KoA I think the only one he might try to kill is Percival.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
So what's the title of the next chapter?