Mag Talk - Monthly Shounen Gangan (Shounen Mag by Square Enix) | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Monthly Shounen Gangan (Shounen Mag by Square Enix)

mithos

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Monthly Shonen Gangan Scan Dump

Yes, but that chapter was done three years ago and even the Editing group has disappeared. People know very little of the manga since the anime was licensed in English but the manga was not. Almost all results I get are for the anime.

I really appreciate your help.

Allashandra

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I updated the first post with Saga of Queen Knight 51, Soul Eater 41, A catalog of certain forbidden magic books 06, Material Puzzle volumes 14-20, added Shikabane Hime volumes 1-5, added the first chapter of Full Moon, and updated the images of the color pages. The first 2 are the cover and side, the next 4 are from Full Moon, the next 2 are from A wonderful world, the next 3 are from Nagasarete Airantou, the next 1 is from Sprial Alive, and the last 2 are from Seirei no Moribito.

As to the Papuwa raws I have several volumes queued up on share but it might still take awhile.

irrelevantmaverick

Reaction score
Country
United States

Arigato! I really appreciate the scans (including the magazine covers/posters). Thank you so much for scanning SPiral Alive! I only wish I could get the other RAWs of Spiral Alive that I missed:)

Allashandra

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I updated the first post with the scanned color images for issue 11

1. Cover
2. Side
3. Shikabane Hime
4. Bamboo Blade (Special Story)
5-7. Soul Eater

I also added Nagasarete Airantou 66, Soul Eater 42 (The chapter says 43 but the last was 41. Also there were 2 pages that were basically all black it really was that not the fault of the scanner), Saga of QueenKnight 52, Roll (A oneshot from 2007-10 issue), GG Grand Prix (from 2007-10 issue), and Bamboo Blade (Special Story)

I made a few additions to the first post today. I added Volume 8 of Soul Eater so now between the tanks and the chapter raws all the chapters are accounted for.

Added Nagasarete Airantou chapter 39 and Saga of Queenknight 33

I also added a Papuwa section with Volumes 1-3, 5, and 8.

I added 2 more volumes to the Papuwa raws Volumes 4 and 7.

Last edited:

harmaa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Will anyone here be scanning the Kingdom Hearts 2 manga? I haven't been able to find scans of it since the ones from July that were posted early on in this thread.

I hate to double post, but... anyone? ;_;

Last edited:

Allashandra

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

@harmaa: I personally have no plans to scan Kingdom Hearts 2 since the group who is Editing it has a scanner for that series already. I prefer to not do more work than I need to. And scanning is work. Sorry.

I updated the first post with the color pages from issue 12 of 2007. Nagasarete Airantou 67, Saga of Queenknight 53, A catalog of certain forbidden magic books 07 (they took a break in the last issue), Soul Eater 43 (The chapter says 44 but again it is chapter 43), and volume 6 of Papuwa. I also added the scans of the 2008 Gangan Calendar.

thebolivian

Reaction score
Country
United States

Scan Soul eater then because that manga kicks ass!!!

Allashandra

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Scan Soul eater then because that manga kicks ass!!!
The Soul Eater raws are current with the releases out in Japan. If you mean scanlate it then that is a different story. I have no plans to scanlate it. I simply provide the raws.

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Thailand

I don't think there are any group releasing KH2 Edited Mangas at regular basis though. Last release any KH2 manga is back in April, which I already considered that they stop. So . . . where is it then do we find the Edited Manga? (except for Maximum7's one, which I'd assumed that they already stop)

Allashandra

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I spoke with a staff member at M7 and he told me they are still working on this project. While the scans may not be coming out as fast you like they will continue to come out. I haven't found any raws for it on share either so at this point I'm still not going to be scanning that series.

yuka

Reaction score
Country
Japan

sendspace is very bad. dl can't so please upload megaupload or rapidshare. :darn

mithos

Reaction score
Country
United States

Do you scan all of these yourself??

kureyuki

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I'm feeling as if I'm being impolite since this is my first post on MangaHelpers, but...

I'm kind of here on behalf of the subarashiki_ds community at Livejournal.

I found your thread and I was wondering if you are able scan the oneshot two-chapter manga "Subarashiki Kono Sekai" (すばらしきこのせかい) that is found in the September and October 2007 issues of Gangan...?

If you are able to, it will be very appreciated!! Thank you very much!

Kyuuri

Reaction score
Country
Australia

First of all, big thank you to Allashandra for all the hard work scanning us the chapters. I have started a LJ community focusing solely on Shounen Gangan manga series. The community is brand new, feel free to join. So that I am not only advertising here, I have scanned the latest chapter of Kingdom Hearts II for any fans to download. Since Allashandra is scanning Soul Eater, Nagasarete Airantou and Queens Knight (series finished in Dec 07 issue), I would like to commit myself to scanning Spiral Alive, Kingdom Hearts II, Tozasareta Nerugaru and probably Shikabane Hime too. I have subscribed to Gangan for one year starting the next issue.

Livejournal Shounen Gangan community: http://community.livejournal.com/shounen_gangan/

Please support the community! *bows*

Mel_Luvz_Anime

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Umm ok so I don't really know how this thread works. Does it mean that RAW manga released here isn't posted in the other forums? So who translates these releases? Do they not get an RTS thread?

Allashandra

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Umm ok so I don't really know how this thread works. Does it mean that RAW manga released here isn't posted in the other forums? So who translates these releases? Do they not get an RTS thread?
Well most of the raw manga here is not posted in the RTS or other sections of the forum yes. At this time most of the stuff posted here isn't being covered by any translators or Manga Editors. People expressed an interest in getting raws for some series from Gangan. Since we were covering Gangan series in this thread I decided to post anything from Gangan I could find on the internet raw wise and anything that I am willing/interested in scanning personally that isn't out there on the net. And the two series that do get an RTS on this forum don't have their raws here at this time.

Mel_Luvz_Anime

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Oh i see, so they're requested by someone. So if anyone translates them, does that mean it won't get scanlated, or it might if there is a t/l. Coz I haven't seen any releases for these.

Allashandra

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

If someone were to translate them then it is possible there will be Edited Mangas of course. That all depends on if a person or a group wants to scanlate that series though. I know some of these series do have some Edited Mangas out...

Nagasarete Airantou has been scanlated through chapter 24 in volume 4. By AT-Translations, Soul Eater has been scanlated through chapter 14 in volume 4 by Mangarain, and I am personally interested doing Shikabane Hime I also know of another group that is interested in doing this series but there are no translations for it. People have specifically requested raws for, Nagasarete Airantou, Soul Eater, Saga of Queen Knight, Papawa, and Material Puzzle.

Mel_Luvz_Anime

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Ahh i see. Thanks for telling me, I was just curious. ^_^

MetropolisTB

Reaction score
Country
United States

Can someone be so kind as to post a download link of chapters 15 and 16 of Kingdom Hearts 2 or if you want you PM me.

Last edited: