Mag Talk - Monthly Sunday GX Magazine | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Monthly Sunday GX Magazine

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
October Issue :

Manken {End}

And there goes a really good series... 42 chapters total.

kobester11

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
WHAT?! It has a potential to be an anime... well, I guess the ova works.

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
A bit late but well...

September Issue ToC :
Shosei Katsuragi Shinjirou no Nichijou {Cover and Lead Color}
Destro 246
Aoki Ao no Atopos
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love-Come wa Machigatteiru
Manken
JyaJya
Tokiwasure no Sutehime {Center Color}
TK Crow
Jinsei
IS [Infinite Stratos]
Jigoku Ane
ABLE
GJ Club
Zombie-chan
Butter Nut!
Himitsu no Otome-chan
Nishimuki My Room
Doubutsu Zukan
Gobangai no Shiroyagi-san

---------- Post added September 17, 2014 at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was August 31, 2014 at 08:15 PM ----------

October Issue ToC:

Manken {Cover & Lead CP, END}
Destro 246
Aoki Ao no Atopos
Jinsei
JyaJya
Gobangai no Shiroyagi-san {Center Color}
GJ Club
IS [Infinite Stratos]
Doubutsu Zukan
TK Crow
Shosei Katsuragi Shinjirou no Nichijou
ABLE
Jigoku Ane
Zombie-chan
Himitsu no Otome-chan
Nishimuki My Room
Tokiwasure no Sutehime

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
November Issue ToC:

Doubutsu Zukan {Lead CP}
GJ Club {Cover}
Shosei Katsuragi Shinjirou no Nichijou {END}
Butternut!
IS [Infinite Stratos]
Amaima
Destro 246
Aoki Ao no Atopos
Himitsu no Otome-chan {Center Color}
ABLE
TK Crow
Nishimuki My Room
Jigoku Ane
Zombie-chan
Tokiwasure no Sutehime
Jinsei

And... still no Black Lagoon, the series will not be back in the next issue; so hopefully in early 2015.
Also, next issue will have a new series that moved from "Ikki", the series will be called 'Hakka Shoujo - '

Last edited:

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
December Issue ToC:

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love-Come wa Machigatteiru {Cover & Lead CP}
Aoki Ao no Atopos
ABLE
Destro 246
IS [Infinite Stratos]
Zombie-chan
Butternut!
JyaJya
Jigoku Ane {Center Color}
Himitsu no Otome-chan
Hakka Shoujo {Transfer from Ikki - 2 chapters : re-publication of chapter 1 and publication of the latest chapter 22}
TK Crow
GJ Club
Doubutsu Zukan
Jinsei
Nishimuki My Room
Tokiwasure no Sutehime

Now for the fun (?) facts:
1. the magazine still doesn't make any mentions of Black Lagoon resuming serialization (me thinks hopefully in either the February or March issues)
2. It's been announced (finally) that the first volume for ABLE (author of Wilderness) will be released on January 19th
3. The funniest in all of this is that in order to release the first volume of ABLE, Itou Akihiro will be taking a one month break before coming back in January which leaves to thinking that the series will most likely not have only one volume but at least two ( which will mean the series won't end before 2017 at the latest... >.> )

Stark700

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Does this magazine come with any monthly bonuses like posters, clear files, etc?

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Does this magazine come with any monthly bonuses like posters, clear files, etc?
I don't think it does. The only issue that had a bonus (clear files) was for the release of Black Lagoon vol.10. - And to be honest, I don't actually buy the magazine itself (it's much cheaper for me to buy the tankoubons when they're released) so I don't really know if there are any bonuses.

Last edited:

Stark700

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I don't think it does. The only issue that had a bonus (clear files) was for the release of Black Lagoon vol.10. - And to be honest, I don't actually buy the magazine itself (it's much cheaper for me to buy the tankoubons when they're released) so I don't really know if there are any bonuses.
Nothing for anniversaries or stuff like that?

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
This issue came with a Yahari poster.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Never read/watched it so no idea, but this is what it looks like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TXC

TXC

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Never read/watched it so no idea, but this is what it looks like.

oh ponkan 8 art, so nice........ but she's my least favorite main.

Last edited by a moderator:

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
oh ponkan 8 art, so nice........ but she's my least favorite main.
Darn I was hoping for Hayama and Hikki,

Reactions: TXC

TXC

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Where did you get the LQ raws for the mag? I won't be able to get the HQ raws for it anymore so knowing would be great^^

---------- Post added January 15, 2015 at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was December 23, 2014 at 08:23 AM ----------

January Issue:

The magazine also featured a new series by the authors of "Tougenkyou e Youkoso - Welcome to Shangri-la" and called "Yoi Machi Overload". Their previous series ended back in July with 4 volumes.

February issue (on sale January 19th):
Cover & Lead CP: Tokyo Crow
Center Color: Yoi Machi Overload
ABLE will also be resuming serialization after a one month break needed to prepare the first volume of the series as well as the volumes of "Lawman S" and "Belle Star Gang of Thieves" - all three volumes will go on sale the 19th, along with Tokyo Crow's fifth volume.

---------- Post added January 16, 2015 at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was January 15, 2015 at 03:38 PM ----------

February Issue Cover:

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Sunday GX through its official twitter disclosed that among the three volumes that'll go on sale on the 19th under the Akihiro Ito pen name the one for "Belle Star Gang of Thieves" will 600 pages of drawings (this is even thicker than the magazine itself - Now I kinda understand why the ABLE chapters are so short...). Me want :gaw

Stark700

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Issues of GX seem thin. For a monthly mag, it's been only about the thickness of an issue of Shonen Jump.

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Issues of GX seem thin. For a monthly mag, it's been only about the thickness of an issue of Shonen Jump.
Yeah the magazine is thin because there are on average 15 to 20 series in the mag every month and that all of these series never get a page count higher than 30-35 pages if I'm not mistaken, contrary to other monthly magazine which usually features 45 pages long chapters on average.
For example:
- Destro 246 has on average 30 pages every month with one 20 pages long chapter every 6 months or so (the page count from ch30 to 33 has been the following : 30 - 20 - 30 - 24).
- Tokyo Crow has on average between 30 and 34 pages long chapters, he never goes below that and let's mention the author has another ongoing series in the Young King Ours called Ryuuma no Gagou which gets 30 pages long chapter every issue.
- Aoki Ao no Atopos has on average 34 pages long chapters; like for MIYASHITA Hiroki, Yamamura Hajime also has another ongoing series called Oto no Kyoushitsu that he started in late 2014 not long after ending Ten ni Hibiki in the Young King Ours.
- I know the author for Doubutsu Zukan also has another series ongoing in Young King Ours GH along with the currently running series in GX.
- Manken when it ran also had 35 pages long chapters. (hopefully the author comes back soon, I like what he does)
- ABLE gets 7 pages every month.
- Black Lagoon (when it's in the line-up) gets around 18-20 pages every two month or so, if I remember well.

---------- Post added January 19, 2015 at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was January 17, 2015 at 10:35 AM ----------

The Sunday GX official website announced that "Tokiwasure no Sutehime" ended with the February Issue.

March issue:

Destro 246 (Cover) [heck yeah!! it's been a bit more than a year since the last cover can't wait]

IS: Infinite Stratos ("Bath - Swinsuit?" Poster) the way I see it it'll either be something like that or something along those lines. Anyway it'll be a must-see.

Jigoku Ane (Lead Color)

Oneshot called "来来!屍与道士(キョンシー&マスター)- Rara!! Jiangshi & Master - 'Rara!! Kyonshii Muta Doushi'" by KURATA Minoji (Shosei Katsuragi Shinjirou no Nichijou) the author is back after a 4 months break. Going by Amazon, the series had 8 volumes. I'm glad since I'll finally get to read something by that author. Had been meaning to for a while now but his previous series doesn't have raws online.

Nishimuki My Room (Center Color) first ever center color since the series began serialization.

---------- Post added February 17, 2015 at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was January 19, 2015 at 01:52 PM ----------

Cover for March Issue:

Last edited: