Discussion - Most Disappointing Countries and Players | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Most Disappointing Countries and Players

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I am just asking if you think kiko also have a matchup advantage.
No, I don't think so.

Expanding on Dodo match. I wonder if he has a strong ms partner. But I think ryoma easily beats all USA MS without using special techniques. Maybe you are right about matchup advantage. But I still believe Dodo to be very strong. And Tatsuta/MS maybe just lacks experience.
We didn't actually see Ryoma play against any US middle schoolers, nor do we know any of them or any of their results besides the Switzerland matches. Personally, I believe the Americans followed the same strategy as Momoshiro/Kaidou did vs Marui/Jackal, they just executed it better. It's difficult to really assess though because we know very little about either side.

Am I right that Alan has the ability to reinjure opponents?
That's what it seems like at least.

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
No, I don't think so.

We didn't actually see Ryoma play against any US middle schoolers, nor do we know any of them or any of their results besides the Switzerland matches. Personally, I believe the Americans followed the same strategy as Momoshiro/Kaidou did vs Marui/Jackal, they just executed it better. It's difficult to really assess though because we know very little about either side.

That's what it seems like at least.
Ok. So agreed. Kiko has dominated or should I say have a clear cut win against henri.

I think it is safe to asssume that the ones who ryoma played against in battle for the last regular spot, are also the ones representing as MS. Especially they are mentioned champions and runnerups in different tourney. But Ryoma destroyed them.

Wow, Alan has overpowered skill. I will expect more from a genius tennis doctor.

Having said all of that, I will still say swiss is disappointing in my perspective. Haha.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think it is safe to asssume that the ones who ryoma played against in battle for the last regular spot, are also the ones representing as MS. Especially they are mentioned champions and runnerups in different tourney. But Ryoma destroyed them.
No, Ryoma only played high schoolers for some reason. The last one he faced, Rocky Meredith, actually got the last spot on the HS team. It seems like Konomi made some last minute changes regarding the team compositions, but it's a bit weird overall.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
No, Ryoma only played high schoolers for some reason. The last one he faced, Rocky Meredith, actually got the last spot on the HS team. It seems like Konomi made some last minute changes regarding the team compositions, but it's a bit weird overall.
Really weird. So, Ryoma was fighting for a HS spot. Instead of MS spot? I thought some of them are middle schoolers cause ryoma is also a middle schooler

André Vinícius

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I am not saying you claimed it. I am just asking if you think kiko also have a matchup advantage. Because that is your excuse on tatsuta being dominated. Kiko did his aimed 6-4,6-4 score. So clearly he controlled that match.

Expanding on Dodo match. I wonder if he has a strong ms partner. But I think ryoma easily beats all USA MS without using special techniques. Maybe you are right about matchup advantage. But I still believe Dodo to be very strong. And Tatsuta/MS maybe just lacks experience.

Am I right that Alan has the ability to reinjure opponents?
What Alan do is not magic you know, its just something like this EX: if someone had a lesion on the knee, Alan will force him to run and return the shots while putting extra weight on the knee wearing it out, so Alan don't just magically win agaisnt someone that was at some time injuried, it should be something close to what Atobe did to Tezuka (but in this case Alan should have more knowledge on the human body, so he should do it better than Atobe)

And about Kiko i think any HS that play 1x1 agaisnt a MS already has an advantage right ?

About this Tatsuta guy, he wasn't even really show in the manga right ? we only know about him from a databook I guess, so Dodo is either on Ralph/Amadeus lv or Tatsuta is simple overhyped by you guys

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
What Alan do is not magic you know, its just something like this EX: if someone had a lesion on the knee, Alan will force him to run and return the shots while putting extra weight on the knee wearing it out, so Alan don't just magically win agaisnt someone that was at some time injuried, it should be something close to what Atobe did to Tezuka (but in this case Alan should have more knowledge on the human body, so he should do it better than Atobe)

And about Kiko i think any HS that play 1x1 agaisnt a MS already has an advantage right ?

About this Tatsuta guy, he wasn't even really show in the manga right ? we only know about him from a databook I guess, so Dodo is either on Ralph/Amadeus lv or Tatsuta is simple overhyped by you guys
All of special moves/skills in NPOT are magic. Lol. Kidding aside:

Agreed. Of course it is not magic. Alan being a doctor knows how to expose the weakness of his opponents human body. Especially when opponent was injured. It is still a major ability. Alan other specialty is identifying the weak spots and bad habits of his opponents. Amadeus was able to saw the bad habits of the feet of ralph. Alan will know better how to expose that. And I will expect other skills by alan being a genius tennis doctor. I think Alan is one of the players that is more realistic(just like shiraishi).

You think so? HS will have an experience advantage. Thats it. And kiko is only 1st yr. Hs. I dont think there is a ton of difference in their experience.

Yes. I also said in my previous posts that Dodo is underestimated and Tatsuta is overhyped. Dodo is underestimated because he looks like a copy of momoshiro. But obviously, Dodo is a lot lot better. I believe Dodo or Kiko is USA no.2. And yes the difference of ralph and dodo CAN/MAY also the same as the difference between Volk/Qp or Byo/Tane. Very little difference.

Tatsuta description is he is as strong as amadeus. Of course that is overhype when you look on the result. And Tatsuta is a middle schooler also right? So dodo also have that experience advantage.

I think the one who overhype tatsuta is konomi himself.

Or maybe we have the wrong interpretation.

"Tatsuta SUPPOSEDLY to be as strong as amadeus". So maybe there is something stopping tatsuta reach his ceiling which is amadeus level.

I contradicted myself. But it depends on how we interpret the SUPPOSEDLY part.

Last edited:

André Vinícius

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Now that I think about it, are you guys 100% sure that Tatsuta even played agaisnt USA ? I don't even know if we have his appearance

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Now that I think about it, are you guys 100% sure that Tatsuta even played agaisnt USA ? I don't even know if we have his appearance
I dont think 100%. But most probably yes. Especially in a do or die matchup.

I think wiki or princeoftennisfandom also list tatsuta as the opponent of dodo in doubles

Carmella

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
----

Bruh, ever since Tezuka wiped out the dinosaur species, I have stopped taking the tennis in Tenipuri seriously lol. To me it's a series with a lot of fun entertainment and pure lulz. Especially reinforced with the recent chapter of that German G10 doubles player who used Gigantamax. Umm... yeah. What even

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
----

Bruh, ever since Tezuka wiped out the dinosaur species, I have stopped taking the tennis in Tenipuri seriously lol. To me it's a series with a lot of fun entertainment and pure lulz. Especially reinforced with the recent chapter of that German G10 doubles player who used Gigantamax. Umm... yeah. What even
There are still few almost realistic players. Shiraishi,Inui/Renji, Alan,etc

I think we need a seperate thread for that.
This thread is a little come off topic.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I also want to add that if Germany lose 1-3 to Japan. They will be disappointing also.

I am not sure about USA. Because I dont know how the matches goes. But they are up against the strongest(likely) team.

For Japan, i think they overachived already. Really,overachieved. Imagine beating france and australia by not using their best players.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I originally want to create a new thread for this. But I think this is close enough.

Most Disappointing Players
1. Tatsuta- No explanation needed
2. Dorgias- Really. Lost to an inexperience Kinataro. Kin have TNK and have control most of the game.
3. Kirihara - Until now, recklessness is his best weapon(He may play in the next matches though)
4. Osval- Dominated by Sanada. And used mercy cheap trick on sanada. He still lose.
5. Bertie/Scheidner- Really Disappointed on the doubles pro. They did not live to the hype.
6. Henri- outplayed by kiko. Really? CANNOT react on a simple lob?
7. Shiraishi- I expected him to have more flashy moves. But he just have a improved version of Tennis Bible.
8. Japan No. 6- He is so weak that I already forgot his name. Cannot believe he is no.6

Almost got to the list
9. Peter- But I remove him because he was injued. And Alan is a terrible matchup for him.
10. Amadeus- With pro status, all that aura, all that techniques. He still lost to Ralph who literally did NOT used any auras and techniques.But I remove him from the list because he have a dominant performance against Akatsu.