Most Surprising Anime of 2013 | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Most Surprising Anime of 2013

What is the most surprising anime of 2013?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BobobVanBlob

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I support Love Lab, Kill La Kill and nominate Maoyu Maou Yusha.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Kill la Kill was a surprise :blink

---------- Post added January 08, 2014 at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was January 04, 2014 at 06:41 PM ----------

There is a five way tie for fourth and fifth place. The top two anime in the tiebreaker poll will be added to the first voting round.

---------- Post added January 15, 2014 at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was January 08, 2014 at 12:12 PM ----------

I voted Love Lab. I had not even heard of it when the summer season started. One of the reviewers at ANN gave episode one a good review. I tried it based on that one preview only. It ended up being the highlight of the season. Outbreak Company was as big a surprise, but Love Lab was the better show. I was also surprised that I liked Free as much as I did. Depsite being bishounen, instead of bishoujo, Free was still KyoAni. Quality from KyoAni is never a surprise.

I'm still confused about how Kill la Kill got nominated. It's one of the most hyped anime ever. How did this show manage to take anybody by surprise :XD

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Free! for being surprisingly the easily and by a landslide best anime of all time. Just a blast with the perfect musician, perfect staff, and perfect cast for the plot at hand.

Also was surprised at how much backlash it got, do people hate friendship?!

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I still have no idea how anyone could have been surprised by Kill la Kill and it's massive amount of hype. Hataraku was not that big a surprise to me. I didn't expect it to be as good as it was, but it was on my list, it didn't completely take me by surprise. I still have to vote for it over Kill la Kill, the least surprising anime ever.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kill la Kill has failed to deliver week after a week. I dont really see anything surprising about it.

Will go with Hataraku Maou-Sama second most surprisingly good LN adaptation anime of the 2013 timeframe (Tokyo Ravens and SNAFU would be the other ones Id have on that list).