Mr. Congo Jack's Review of 358 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mr. Congo Jack's Review of 358

mrcongojack

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It’s a bird...it’s a plane...no, it’s .....

Mr. Congo Jack’s review of Naruto 358!!!!!!!

The Cover

....wait, where’s the cover? Can someone see the cover? There’s got to be a cover! There can’t not be a cover!!! How dare Kishimoto not draw a cover!! It’s unacceptable!!! Someone oughtta teach Kishimoto some respect and get him to draw a cover!!! You know, maybe Kishimoto is holding out to draw the cover. Maybe he wants a bonus to make the cover. I’d pay anything for the cover. COVER!!!! (Mr. Congo Jack sobs uncontrollably.)

Alright I’m over it. No cover this week, guys. Now onto more important matters.....

Where’s Naruto?
The major beef I have with this chapter is the lack of Naruto. It’s not that I despise Sasuke with every bone in my body, he’s a good guy, but the manga’s called Naruto. Not Sasuke. I know that one of the great things about this manga is that Naruto isn’t the strongest and has to work to get to the top, but personally I’d like to see Naruto at least once a chapter. Maybe Kishimoto could have put Naruto on the cover that didn’t exist.

Birdman
There aren’t many things I hate about Naruto, but Sasuke’s wings are one of them. I personally don’t get it. Why does he have wings????!!!!!! Kishimoto gives Sasuke all of these crazy and powerful gifts - the Sharingan, the wings, the ability to attract every preteen and teenage girl to himself - but why? Is Kishimoto setting up Sasuke for a really big fall? Is he using it to contrast Sasuke from Naruto, who only has one real gift - the Nine Tailed Fox - which, to be honest, is more of a burden than it is worth sometimes?

Now onto some of the good points of this week’s chapter...

Deidara - Blowing the world up, one forest at a time.
I thought the dragon would blow up. I was wrong. Having is shoot out giant exploding pig-like things is much better! Boy oh boy, Deidara is the master of blowing stuff up. I wonder if he was at the Battle of Dresden....

Taking the term “Go-for” too literally....

I always saw Tobi as the “go-for” of Akatsuki. You know, the guy that the others tell to go get coffee and donuts or to pick up more paper for the printer. Seeing him emerge from the ground gave me a good laugh. Having him dig around and plant bombs is genius on Deidara’s part. I can’t wait to see Tobi start fighting on his own- it should be interesting.

Deidara, we hardly knew ye.
A cliffhanger ending! Is Deidara dead? I don’t think so. It ain’t over for him until we see some flashbacks.

My rating: 4 out of 5.

This chapter was good. It was action-packed and full of surprises. But due to the lack of Naruto and a cover, this chapter kind of felt like it was a bit lacking.

Thanks to bludshock for the clean, Kylara for the RAW, and Hisshouburaiken for the translation.

Last edited:

lordHokage

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Please register to see the content of this post.

voldy18

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

The Fourth

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hungary

Az3r

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Last edited:

MadDog

Reaction score
Country
United States