Mugiwara's sign of friendship? Just a Sham? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mugiwara's sign of friendship? Just a Sham?

Ulquiorra

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

Kickmeister

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
They painted it right? Then the paint would go away at one time or another.. It's not like they need a mark like that to continue being nakama..

Strawhat_4491

Reaction score
Country
United States
bastukorv said:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha... ha... hahahahahaha
It probably got washed off in Skypeia or somewhere after they left Vivi. They still are nakama but spiritually.

Lohnt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Umm that sign was a silent way to tell Vivi they were still Nakama. They don't need to keep the symbol to continue to consider her Nakama. The only reason they used it is so that the marines would not have proof she was involved with pirates.

Gol. D Roger is dead, did that stop Tom and Dragon from being his Nakama? As far as I can tell they continue to live on in his memory with pride.

fireballer666

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
THere is no proof that GOl D. ROger and Tom were actually friends. And as for Dragon, there is no proof for anything about him....cept that he looks badass.

SchmoDawg

Reaction score
refii said:
Umm that sign was a silent way to tell Vivi they were still Nakama. They don't need to keep the symbol to continue to consider her Nakama. The only reason they used it is so that the marines would not have proof she was involved with pirates.

Gol. D Roger is dead, did that stop Tom and Dragon from being his Nakama? As far as I can tell they continue to live on in his memory with pride.
They've showed dragon like once, all they said about him was that he's the greatest threat to the World Government. That doesn't mean that he was Gol. D Roger's nakama, they didn't even say that he knew Roger.

ltphil

Reaction score
Country
Germany
SchmoDawg said:
They've showed dragon like once, all they said about him was that he's the greatest threat to the World Government. That doesn't mean that he was Gol. D Roger's nakama, they didn't even say that he knew Roger.
They didn't say much about anything from Gol D.Rogers lifetime....

and where did they actually say that Dragon is the greatest threat to the GW...???

Eboria

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
They didn't say much about anything from Gol D.Rogers lifetime....

and where did they actually say that Dragon is the greatest threat to the GW...???
Page nine of chapter 440 it says: The world goverment's most wanted man, Dragon, The Revolutionary.

And considering they set their bounties depending on strength and, more importantly, threat that would make Dragon is the greatest threat to the GW.

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
Reaction score
Country
United States
stay on topic please

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
yes it was a sham.. because you quit caring about someone just because you washed the paint off.
... Sarcasm
How is this even up for discussion... ???

I think personally the strawhats all need to get matching tattoo's .. of thier mark to show solidarity.

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
it is no sham the fact that they all fight to protct each other shows that they are nakama for life and they have done it like every main battle they are always trying to save someone once for vivi and once for robin and twice for nami (arlong and eneru) and now they are about to risk there lives for each other

so they need no mark to show that they are friends but it does help they should have a side arc with vivi (eventho she wasnt my favorite person)and show that she still has the mark

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
would be cool if they had a tatoo like in the WB crew to show everyone that they're part of the strawhat crew, but i guess that this will happen only when luffy will have lots of crew memebers.

the x mark, aint there anymore, as you can see by reading the manga and looking at their arms. it doesnt mean they aint nakamas anymore, it means, the painting, got washed away. that's it.

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've considered getting a "X" on my arm as a real life tattoo. Problem is .. most jobs don't want the tattoo's visible ... and if i did a X anywhere else it would loose it's OP connection and thus it's real purpose.

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
you could mke it a really really small one but then agian the true purpose is lost
and the SH even old enought to get a tattoo dont you have to be over 18 of 16 and have a parent with them and since none of them have parents with them we know it must have just been paint and nothing more and that gets washed away but they are still nakama

Crenzel

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
LOL they're pirates ;D

they can do what ever the hell they want!

And remember this is an era where there is no law against tattoos, smoking, drinking etc for minors. It most definitely was just paint used for the sole purpose of showing Vivi they'll remain nakama forever.

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
it's purpose was to identify each other, because of this ballet changing figures guy.

Crenzel

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Wasn't that the arm bands?

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
the arm bands where a trick to confuse them. when this guy (i forgot his name) copied ussopp, he saw ussopp's arm band, so he made one too, but when he identified himself to vivi, she understood its a scam, coz the arm band covered the real sign - the x, mark of the nakama. :p

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
it was a good plan

i beat luffy didnt think of it or want to do it cause he sees them as nakama with out the stupid mark

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
you could mke it a really really small one but then agian the true purpose is lost
and the SH even old enought to get a tattoo dont you have to be over 18 of 16 and have a parent with them and since none of them have parents with them we know it must have just been paint and nothing more and that gets washed away but they are still nakama
If a man with a 300 million beri reward .. ask me for a tattoo I'm sure as hell not gonna say NO.

Plus thats only in america ... other places it's a right of passage and you get one once you hit puberty.