Character - Musica and Sung Ju thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character Musica and Sung Ju thread

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Not sure if this thread is repetitive or not since there's one about demon tiers ^^' But I felt it would be more interesting to have a thread for these two separately since they seem like they're going to be long time main characters, or characters.
I'll kick this off, Musica has honestly become one of my favorite characters in the series,so I'll make a prediction on something I see happening in the future. This page here:

I think somewhere along the line, Musica will be forced into a situation where she's by herself with Emma, so she has to take a bite out of her, so that's how Musica will taste human flesh for the first time. Sung Juu might be around when that happens, I can see him force feeding her to eat human flesh in order for her to survive.
What are your thoughts on these two characters? Or on any future developments you foresee them having?

Haya-san

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
In a way, Sung-Joo is more dangerous than the demons in the farm, since Emma and co are indebted to him. He saved their lives, taught them how to survive and they belive his faith prohibits him from eating humans. At this point, even Ray and Gilda, who are less trusting than Emma, won't suspect anything and would let their guard down around him.

That being said, I see two possibilities for them:

1) Sung-Joo's true colors are revealed when Emma comes back to save Phil and the others with friends they made in the human world. Either the children will have to kill him or they defeat him and release him as their way to thank him for saving their lives in the past. This is a shounen, and forgiveness and paying someone back for their kindness, even if it was fake, are common shounen tropes.

2) it's possible that their roles ended after the children escaped from the forest and we'll only see glimpses of them in the future. They pose no danger to Emma or anyone from the farm. They won't eat them because it's against their religion. Also, whether the children break the promise or fail and they get stuck in the demons world, Sung-Joo will get to hunt humans again and will be happy either way.

As for Musica, I expect her to remain pure and maybe even risk her life helping the children again. However, this manga is dark and unpredictable and a lot of my theories were debunked in the past, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that she ends up following her demon instincts.

Last edited:

uberfayt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I feel Sung-Joo will become a threat until later in the future. He did say that he can eat byproducts of nature, so I understood from it that he will prey on the humans from the other side, or the kid's offsprings who should be natural byproducts of the wild. Both possibilities require time, so I wouldn't worry about him now.

However Sung-Joo's quote in the picture above really intrigues me; I understand from it he lived for more than a 1000 years o_O Is that even possible ?

Last edited:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
However Sung-Joo's quote in the picture above really intrigues me; I understand from it he lived for more than a 1000 years o_O Is that even possible ?
Demons seem to have unnaturally long lifespans, I think its safe to assume the demons in charge of the plantations right now are the same ones that were there when the promise was made 1000 years ago.
It's either that or they procreate, but personally, I don't think I see that being a thing.

Linali

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I have a question: was it ever revealed, what kind of relationship do they share? Are they family? Marriage? Friends? Master and disciple? Which one do you guys think is the most possible?
Demons seem to have unnaturally long lifespans, I think its safe to assume the demons in charge of the plantations right now are the same ones that were there when the promise was made 1000 years ago.
It's either that or they procreate, but personally, I don't think I see that being a thing.
Well, there's also this page:
That may indeed indicate, that Sonju lived a long life :)

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
New I have a question: was it ever revealed, what kind of relationship do they share? Are they family? Marriage? Friends? Master and disciple? Which one do you guys think is the most possible?
Honestly, I won't be surprised if it ends up that they're father and daughter :XD
We've seen Isabella and Ray be related through blood as a family, it would be interesting if the demons had a similar dynamic among them.
Well, there's also this page:
That may indeed indicate, that Sonju lived a long life :)
:super
Just what the doctor ordered, thanks :zomg

Linali

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Honestly, I won't be surprised if it ends up that they're father and daughter :XD
We've seen Isabella and Ray be related through blood as a family, it would be interesting if the demons had a similar dynamic among them.
Sure, why not. But they call each other by names ;) Besides, we already have one mother-child relationship (Ray & Isabella as you said), so maybe something else? Brother and sister? But then again, she would call him "nii-san" or something like that. Hard to guess, they might be just strangers, who cooperate in order to survive (when Musika said in last chapter, that "they will have at least 6 month of easy life" if they capture children I thought, that they might be persecuted by their fellow demons because of their religion).

Do demons even have relationships like "lovers" or "family" to begin with, if they can live for so long? There are still many things we don't know about them.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Sure, why not. But they call each other by names ;) Besides, we already have one mother-child relationship (Ray & Isabella as you said), so maybe something else? Brother and sister? But then again, she would call him "nii-san" or something like that. Hard to guess, they might be just strangers, who cooperate in order to survive (when Musika said in last chapter, that "they will have at least 6 month of easy life" if they capture children I thought, that they might be persecuted by their fellow demons because of their religion).
Maybe Musica doesnt know?:hmm And Sung is the only one who knows the truth, we've seen that Sung tends to withhold things from others for their own good, there could be a chance he doesnt tell her for her own good.
If they just end up travelling companions :-_-
Do demons even have relationships like "lovers" or "family" to begin with, if they can live for so long? There are still many things we don't know about them.
IKR????! I've been wondering this whole time whether or not they can even give birth :s Or if they can take humans as partners....
Imagine a child born between a demon and a human..:pleased

NiNtEnDoFaN

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Musica may not want to eat humans because 1.) she doesn't have to, and 2.) they don't taste good to her. I feel like Musica is some sort of human/demon hybrid, and that allows her to survive without eating humans. As for Sung-Joo, he reminds me of the fictional religious fanatic who understands that he can manipulate his religious doctrines.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I don't think Sung-joo is an immediate problem for Emma and co. unless there's still more to him. He's stated that he wants to eat natural humans, going as far as to wait for these kids to reproduce. It's a win-win situation for him if the kids break the Promise, or become wildlings.

There's a possibility that there's more to what Musica told Emma that could mess with Sung-joo's plans, so with more info here he could become trouble.

Musica is a nice person, and would hope she gets to keep this. But yea wouldn't be surprised if she's used to demonstrate the hunger for human flesh.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
1.) she doesn't have to, and 2.) they don't taste good to her
I agree with the first point, but the second?

They way it sounds it's as if human flesh in very tasty to demons. There might be some evolutionary reason for this sensation, similar to fats for humans, and if that's the case then human flesh has a specific benefit in demon diets.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I think Sung Joo and Musical are couples.

Come on let me dream for a bit :kamina

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Um, what happened Sung-joo's fight :cookiestare I know this isn't a battle manga but I would've liked to have seen it...

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Um, what happened Sung-joo's fight :cookiestare I know this isn't a battle manga but I would've liked to have seen it...
I will put a bet on Sung-Joo winning this fight.

Because I feel Emma and others will meet Sung-Joo once again at some point of time in the future.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I will put a bet on Sung-Joo winning this fight.

Because I feel Emma and others will meet Sung-Joo once again at some point of time in the future.
I keep thinking Song will be our first "fake death":derp. Katana demon will show up again soon to remind us of the demon threat and naturally we'll jump to the conclusion that Song lost and was killed when in reality Katana demon most likely just ran away like a coward or something lol.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Alright, so after reading the last chapter, we saw this:
This is the second time we've seen them mentioned, the first time being from Musica herself here:
So from what we can infer here, Minerva gave them two options beforehand:Escaping to the human world/War, before offering them an option of the Seven Walls. But with Musica, we had her offer them the option of the Seven Walls immediately from the get go, and in the chapter beforehand we had Musica say this:
This panel is
btw
But back the point, we see Musica empathize with Emma here, and we even see her being glad to meet her and her friends. This was before she told her about the Seven Walls in the following chapter. So from this, we can deduce that Musica wants Emma and all her friends to stay safe, which would mean the Seven Walls are a place that offer this peace and tranquility.
And how would Musica know this? Simple, my theory is that the Seven Walls are where she's from.
Minerva has also been to the Seven Walls, but he was only there for a short stay. He found hospitality there, much like how Emma and Ray also had Sung Juu and Musica do for them when in their company.

deyna

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
u mean, 7 walls is a place where human and demon co-exist? human and demon living together without fear of each other?

or maybe even has human and demon marry each other and have a kid with human-demon blood within them?

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
u mean, 7 walls is a place where human and demon co-exist? human and demon living together without fear of each other?

or maybe even has human and demon marry each other and have a kid with human-demon blood within them?
Yep, that's the idea behind it ;)
And LOL :XD I actually wanna see a kid between a human and a demon, that really would be something. Though at some point down along the story I expect this to be a mini plotline. Relations between a human and a demon.
But yeah, I think its a place where they live. Though Musica also said that it was her first time meeting humans (?), so I'm still not convinced. Though the signs seem to be pointing to that, her being from the Seven Walls.

kfhustle

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
when emma watch in dragon Cuvitidala's Eyes .. she saw the old pact between human & demon
... i think i saw Musica in there too ... kinda impossible because that mean Musica never get old ?

deyna

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
really? she's supposed to be a younger demon because she has never ate human meat.