Discussion My Hero Academia: One's Justice

Discussion in 'Boku no Hero Academia' started by Demonspeed, Dec 13, 2017.

1. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

Germany
    2 more characters: Shota Aizawa (Eraserhead) and Chizome Akaguro (Stain).

[​IMG]

Demonspeed likes this.
  2. BanzaiMang

BanzaiMang Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    First TVcommercial is out.

Probably will get the release date in Jump soon. Summer release with the movie seems likely.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 13, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 9, 2018 ---
    New overview trailer

Demonspeed likes this.
  3. Nakurawari

Nakurawari Registered User

Ireland
    Looks like the English title is 'My Hero One's Justice'. No 'Academia' in the title. I can only assume that it's due to trademark issues.

4. Koi Kage

Koi Kage Registered User

United States
    I'm not sure how far out the game is from completion but I'm not expecting much from the game. The characters so far still look like stock game models and the game play looks very buggy along with a very noticeable delayed in the actions

5. Kato756

Kato756 Registered User

Brazil
    Pretty much this.
    Translating a anime/manga feel into a game can be very tricky visually, and few games have done that very well, mainly because the characters either look too stiff (i mean ffs some games don´t even have mouth animation in a ANIME BATTLE GAME), or the lighting is poorly done, highlighting the mentioned stiffness.

Naruto Ultimate Storm Series does well with the lighting, and their special attacks invoke the "Sakuga", ie Cool Animated Shit, as I like to call it, from anime.
    I mean, just look at Mifune´s attack from the 4th game

Theres also Dragon Ball FighterZ, which is on a whole new level, but I will argue that Xenoverses and the old Budokais do the job.

That is, to make us feel like we are playing THE ANIME, not a GAME of the anime.

6. Demonspeed

Demonspeed High Commander

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    I don't think you are supposed to be very hyped by this game in the first place. There is not much hype behind it.

7. Kato756

Kato756 Registered User

Brazil
    I am not hyped at all, I am just a bit sad that while some anime games manage to do great work on their visuals or "feel", some others just go for the straight generic route.
    Why even bother?

While, ofc, their sucess is in first place because of their respectitive mangas/animes, the sucess and staying power of the Naruto Ultimate and the "3D Flying" Dragon Ball games should show them that if they play their cards right, they could be siting a big pile of money

But alas, Japan never cares about us anyway, when producing their games

8. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    I think it's too early for BNHA to have a game like this, Dragon Ball is Dragon Ball and Naruto is one of the most popular manga in the world. NUNS wasn't one of the first fighting games too. I am rather curious about the roster and the moves they will have. They say Hero vs Villain but we have not seen enough villains with various moves etc.

9. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

Mangahelper

Germany
    Dragon Ball and Naruto games aren't the best example. There have been over 90 Dragon Ball games in 32 years for all kinds of consoles and in all genre types. The same applies for Naruto with over 50 games in the past 15 years. But only a handful of them are considered good in the eyes of fans and critics.
    And anime games are never a good source of money. They are a niche product for a niche market. No studio would produce a AAA game based on an anime. Let's look at One Piece for example: One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 sold barely above 1 million units in 11 months. These numbers for a game based on the biggest manga of all time isn't something to be proud of.

10. Kato756

Kato756 Registered User

Brazil
    Unreleated, but shen, your avatar, from where it is from? I almost sure I have seen that ilustration before.
    But isn´t One Piece a bit more niche, at least outside of Japan (and manga communities like us)?

About DB and Naruto, I know they had a bunch of games, I am talking more about the ones that worked it out. Even with some differences, the formula of the Budokai, Budokai Tenkaichi, and the Xenoverse is almost the same in terms of gameplay. Out of all those 50 and 90 games you said, I´d say this DB Formula and the Storm series are the biggest hitters, with tons of sequels (I don´t know exact numbers, but for them to keep making them and releasing them in west with Dub...)

Especially the Storm movement scheme, that was then copied (not saying it hadn´t existed before, but Storm popularized it) by a load of Anime games, like the Jump Crossover one for PS3/4, Saint Seiya, the new Nanatsu no Taizai, and now Boku no Hero.

Ofc the popularity helps, but Boku is in a moment of growth, and if they spent a bit more time developing a better game, it could gather attention. Even more so if they marketed a better fighting game towards EVO, which could serve as advertising, instead of "Generic Cash-in for Japan" Game.

While I don´t belive this will change and that Boku is obviously not a Naruto-level hit (yet), the thing that makes me say these things is that, as far as I know, doing a game is not something cheap, specially with licensing involved

11. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

Mangahelper

Germany
    Demonspeed likes this.
  12. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    Surprised to see that Mineta has not been announced already.

ChocoBar9 and Kocksmaw like this.
  13. iceemperor

iceemperor Registered User

Mariejoa

The game releases on August 23rd. In addition, preorders and early purchases come with some extras which will be revealed at a later date.

ChocoBar9 likes this.
  14. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

Mangahelper

Germany
    2 additional characters: Dabi and Himiko Toga.
    Source

[​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 8, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 1, 2018 ---

• Story Mode – Experience the story through battles, starting from Izuku Midoriya and Gran Torino’s first meeting. There will also be story developments unique to the game.
    • Villain Mode – After you clear the Story Mode of the hero side, a new mode will unlock where you can enjoy the story from the villains’ perspective.
    • Character Customization – Use the items you obtain in Story Mode and in Online Battles to remodel characters and your player card.
    • Online Battles – Show your customized characters off in Online Battles.
    Source

[​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 12, 2018 ---
    My Hero One’s Justice will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam in the Americas and Europe in October, Bandai Namco announced at E3 2018.
    In Japan, My Hero One’s Justice will launch for PlayStation 4 and Switch on August 23.

Source
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 12, 2018 ---
    E3 gameplay:

iceemperor, ChocoBar9, KOBA and 3 others like this.
  15. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    Bakugou and Uraraka look fun. The former's fighting style is just like in the manga actually, Uraraka can literally fly :lmao.

Another video:

Not very interesting compared to the ones above though. Todoroki must be a zoner and the player didn't do anything interesting with him.

16. Kocksmaw

Kocksmaw Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    Also another video:

Demonspeed likes this.
  17. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

Mangahelper

Germany
    Todoroki vs Bakugo

I like how even the cosumes are destroyable. Deku's right arm sleeve gets torn after using his special move and Bakugo is losing his mask halfway through this fight with Todoroki.

Demonspeed likes this.
  18. Kocksmaw

Kocksmaw Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    Huh, the costumes being destroyed wasn't something I noticed the first time I watched it. Pretty neat.

Honestly, after seeing all these gameplays, it seems kinda fun.

The character customization is something I'm really looking forward to since you can get creative and goofy with it :XD

19. Kariya

Kariya Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Hungary
    I think this looks fun... in term of gameplay it cant be worse than Ninja Storm, which is all fanservice, and you can do like 5 things in total within a match, and the combos are practically one long flashy segment doing themselves while you push a button 3-4 times pretty much eyecandy with an excuse of a gameplay.

Have to admit this could've came out on PS3 based on graphics..

I hope they add AFO, Muscular and USJ Noumu at least, maybe Moonfish and Magne. for the heroes, they are good... maybe Ashido and Kendo. Heard Gran Torino is also confirmed?

If I can get this game I will play Jirou and Dabi.

20. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

Mangahelper

Germany
    Ochaco vs Toga gameplay. SPOILER FOR ANIME ONLY WATCHERS: Toga's quirk is shown in this gameplay video.

Looking at the character selection screen there are 20 playable characters and 17 of them have been revealed so far. That leaves 3 characters who haven't been revealed yet, but I guess one of them is All For One.

Demonspeed and CallMeTsuyu like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.