Theory - Nami Maybe Big Mom's Daughter: Chapter 843 has reveal it! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Nami Maybe Big Mom's Daughter: Chapter 843 has reveal it!

wastuwastu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Long time i assume that nami has a relationship with Big Mom. And now Chapter 843 start to reveal it.
Big Mom & Vinsmoke Arc is not only about Sanji, but bigger than that.

Why this chapter make me believe? because of this: Nami was found by bellemere in a chaos (bellemere armies destroyed) when a storms occured (is bellemere fighting with big mom)? And baby nami just smiling there. Just read this chapter below when pound tell a story about big mom abilites.

Nami has an ability to control weather too, its too coincidental, right? :D
And dont you remember that Lola instantly close with nami? is like they're siblings.
And why all of those trees so scared with nami? besides she has that vivre card, maybe theres something else (nami is lin lin daughter).

I guess this Sanji's arc only a decoy to reveal Nami's arc.
This arc is about Sanji before met Zeff...and...
This arc is about Nami before met Bellemere.

Or in the end Sanji will marry Namii in this arc, therefore this is Sanji's year like Oda said!

~ Just my theory :D

Last edited:

S-H-I-G-U-R-E

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
So this is your secret plot to marry Sanji to Nami? :teehee nice man! I still don't think Nami is related to Big Mom in any way, but nice try anyway! :D

wastuwastu

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
So this is your secret plot to marry Sanji to Nami? :teehee nice man! I still don't think Nami is related to Big Mom in any way, but nice try anyway! :D
Hahahaha, nice one :D
But there's something behind why Oda choose nami to accompany Luffy until now, i feel i can smell his intention to reveal little by little about nami's past (story before she was found by bellemere) here.
This arc is about Sanji before met Zeff...and...
This arc is about Nami before met Bellemere
But once again, this just a theory, better Oda surprise us later :D

CgL7

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I find it a very interesting and reasonable theory... I can see it being true :O .
I'm betting that at least the storm in which Bellemere found Nami was caused by Big Mom in some way. I'm not so sure about Nami being Big Mom's daughter, but the Vivre Card thing is also suspicious (not as suspicious as the storm panel and Nami's face, though) ...
It seems likely somehow!

Last edited:

Onyx Darkmatter

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was more on the side that Big Mom is Luffy's grandmother, or at the very least, Garp being one of her (former) husbands.
But seeing this thread made me realize that I'm starting to believe that Nami is one of Big Mom's daughters.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Nice theory. I have two objections though:
1.- The first is that the portrayal of the storms seems a tad different. And at different locations. Oda generally seems to be accurate with this sort of thing.
2.- The second one is that it would make this whole thing needlessly convoluted.. I mean, you have nami having the card lola gave her (which apparently lola also shouldn't have had) and sanji struggling with his family while big mom plans her vinsmoke weapons deals. Also worth noting, nami being a daughter of big mom does not necessarily save their asses. big mom seems clearly able to dispose of her daughters as it is IMO. And the strawhats probably do not want to end up affiliated to big moms crew.

Marco Polo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's unlikely, but at the same time it's entirely possible; since Nami herself doesn't know her biological parents they really could be anyone
I like the connection you've made between Big Mom's weather controlling abilities and where Nami was found, it's not something I'd ever have thought of myself, and the Clima Tact and Nami's knowledge of weather would make sense as far as parallelism goes

One question though
What reason would Big Mom have for going to the East Blue? Considering her dream and her strength, would it not be more likely that she would make a husband of a new species on the Grand Line?
It may seem like a silly question and one that's pretty hard to answer, but it's interesting to think about what could have happened