1. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  2. Congratulations DiMaria Yesta for winning the Flower Banner contest!, and well done to the other participants!.

New Week, New Contest!
    Grab a pencil! The theme is Survival Poem.

Voting has begun for the Pets Coloring contest!.
  3. It's that time of the year again! The seventh annual MangaHelpers Community Awards are here. Click HERE to join in the fun and nominate your choices!
  4. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  5. The third voting round is here! Vote for your favorite Manga now!
  6. The nomination round has ended and the first round of voting begins now. Click HERE to begin voting!
  7. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 206 Discussion / 207 Predictions

Discussion in 'Capital of the Dead' started by Gallon, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Germany
    Let me ask you a honest answer - why do you read this? Week after week, I only see complaints about this series from you, sometimes even over the most minuscule unimportant shit. Why do you do this to yourself?

2. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Queen

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Nothing says that she could not. She didn't heal from it.

3. Xenotosgolgia

Xenotosgolgia Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Winterfell
    First it's not miniscule if he can't get simple details correct in something that isn't that complicated story wise how can you trust him to keep the main narrative consistent.
    Second I read it because I finish what I started. Bleach's last arc became terrible and yet I still finished it. This is on the same level in my opinion and will probably get worse, but I'll still read it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 12, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 12, 2017 ---
    I'm pretty sure her being armless indicates otherwise. This isn't a argument btw anyone with eyes can see she didn't heal.

4. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

Germany
    Alright. Thanks for telling. Sorry to hear that, though. You'll probably have at least another hundred chapters of loathing and disgust before you. I would normally want to say enjoy the ride but... well... just ride, then.

5. MrSchmitty7

MrSchmitty7 Registered User

United States
    In loving memory of Derieri's lost hand. Never forgotten.

Bigbootyjudy and Demonspeed like this.
  6. Xenotosgolgia

Winterfell
    Don't worry I got some enjoyable moments and King hasn't been shat on yet(not writing wise). Gowther continues to be a interesting character and we still don't know what's going on with him. Like I said this arc has moments and two characters that haven't been plagued by poor characterization or just being annoying. So I don't hate read this I enjoy some of it. That doesn't mean I give Nakaba a pass and try to rationalize something that doesn't make sense and is obvious he made up to cover his tracks poorly. I'm not self loathing I'm pointing out flaws that are bad not only cause they don't make sense, but they are things that could've been avoided easily. There are so many moments like that this arc of things that would take two minutes to write a more logical scenario or conclusion for. Yet Nakaba just fucks it up for something he so simply didn't have to.

7. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Queen

Global Moderator

France
    Just like Yakkun and Gallon I think it didn't heal because she didn't regrow it before the Indura transformation.

8. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

Germany
    Pretty much. I think she just decided against focusing on regen to see her attack through and get a hit in on Sariel. Any hit she lands has the potential to open up for a string combo which makes any additional hit even harder to block since the power stacks. It's part of her fighting style. Regenerating would've broken a potential combo and after Ludociel dropped in she kinda focused on regening her vitals but then they went full Indura mode. Might not have been the best choice but we have Monspiet protecting her in the present for a reason. Derrierie is very reckless with herself and to me it seems perfectly in character that she would just not focus on this because she is too consumed in her battle flow. It's probably her biggest flaw because she doesn't seem to think very far ahead.

9. Xenotosgolgia

Winterfell
    First off where did you get the idea they had to focus in order to heal. When Elizabeth used ark on Derriere's hand she didn't focus on healing. Instead she focused on killing Elizabeth and yet her hand still recovered. They don't need to focus to heal this was never indicated and Nakaba has confirmed none of this either. It's a inconsistency I don't understand how you can't see it is.

10. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    I said that? :headscratch

She healed the hole in her abdomen, a wound which was inflicted later on, so I don't see why she wouldn't heal her forearm if she could, to be honest. Even as reckless as Derrierie is, I don't necessarily think that being indifferent to losing a limb is a justifiable claim.
    We also know that the regeneration process is not limited to healing one region at a time, as seen when Meliodas healed both his severed arm and chest wound back when he was fighting Ban, so it's not like focusing on one place necessarily halts regeneration in another part of the body.
    I'm with Xenotosgolgia on this one.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Xenotosgolgia likes this.
  11. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

Germany
    Of course you need to focus on what part of your body you want to regenerate, how does this need any on-panel explanation? Just like Meliodas needs to focus on his cut-off hand which he reattached vs. Zeldris, there is always some sort of focusing on something required. It doesn't happen subconciously like breathing, you need to actively concentrate. It's not inconsistent at all, not even with previous showings of where stuff like this happened (like Hendricksen, Estarossa protecting and regenerating his side, etc.)

I mean, there is even less proof or evidence that it just miracleously happens automatically without them needing to do anything.

12. Xenotosgolgia

Winterfell
    What are you talking about? It happening instantaneously without thought is easily more backed up than you have to focus. Also Mel having to regenerate wasn't because of his focus, but because Zeldris was standing on his arm so it wouldn't come back. It's not a magic ability it's natural and yes miraculously happens.

13. Bigbootyjudy

Bigbootyjudy Registered User

Band of the Hawks 2
    Dudes. There's like 50 million amazing things that happened in this chapter and the first thing everyone talks about is Derr's arm? I assume she can't regrow it because it was literally smashed by Sarmial. Even Mel had to actually reattach his broken arm, not regenerate it.

Anyway, does anyone know what freakin time period this is taking place in? Gowther is here, so he's still a demon, but Dolor and Gloxinia aren't. So that means Mel hasn't fucked up the demon realm yet, nor has he killed the other two commandments. This seems to be escalating quickly, but it doesn't make full sense knowing what we know about what happens during the holy war.

AiNana and Meliodaf like this.
  14. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Queen

Global Moderator

France
    He did because he already left them. I'd say it's just before the Great War's real start since Gowther is still a TC.

15. Bigbootyjudy

Band of the Hawks 2
    No that can't be right because Karmadios is still alive. And if I recall Estarossa states that Mel left the demon world in a mess, and killed two commandments on his way out. Either A. Estarossa lied B. Nakaba is retconning C. Mel is, for some reason going to go back to the demon world or D. He's going to kill the two commandments here and then go back.

16. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Queen

Global Moderator

France
    He killed Aranak and Zeno, not Carmadios. One looks like a puppet and the other has a huge mustache.

17. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    It's a bit confusing. Meliodas has already killed Aranak and Xeno, because that's the first thing he did when he betrayed the Demon Clan, since he is currently referred to as a traitor. That being said, this has to be the Holy War, because the other clans have already joined the goddesses; it's not the usual "boohoo, it's my magic power!" ongoing war.
    However, Gowther was said to have left before the beginning of the "Great War," which, unless it's a battle within the Holy War, makes no sense. I had assumed that the whole Gowther infiltrating Stigma was his doing it separately from the demons because it would make sense that way, but with the latest chapter and his being labelled as a "Commandment" last chapter... yeah...
    The only logical answer is that the "Great War" has yet to begin, but calling it a war is dumb because we're already in a war, so it has to be the conclusive, massive battle. That would explain why Fraudrin was never officially promoted to Commandment.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  18. Bigbootyjudy

Band of the Hawks 2
    AHHHH, yep, you're right, I forgot about those two

Yeah, this has to be either near the middle or close to the end of the Holy War. Dolor and Gloxinia have to join, and Gowther has to leave, and Karmadios has to die (and be replaced by Greyroad). It just seems like a lot is going on and I don't see how the commandments are going to come out of this (which they have to) unless Mel jumps in and helps.

19. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    Just to make sure, would thou, the almighty translatah @FKS, mind checking if there's a difference between the war which Fraudrin mentioned and the Holy War?

Muchos appreciated if you can, and merci in advance.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 12, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 12, 2017 ---
    Oh, and by the way, this still exists. @natsulucy has already jumped in the bandwagon, so it would be nice if more of you who like writing walls of text (*cough* @Undina @Yakkun @eefrit @Demonspeed @ANYONEWHOWANTSTO *cough*) posted your reviews at times.

It's not mandatory, but if you want glory... well, not even that... uhm, yeah... do it.

Arjuna likes this.
  20. Rescorlian

Rescorlian Registered User

France
    Man, I really like Galan and Merascylla. Sad that they're gone.

Ludociel got hit but I'm pretty sure he's gonna smack them in one chapter or two.

On one hand, the new transformation is cool and all, but it just makes the plot even more fragile. Why Meliodas didn't use this technique against the TC if he knew he'd come back anyway ? Why Monspiet and Derriere didn't use it against Meliodas (assuming they regrew their hearts) ? Why Estarossa didn't use it against Escanor ? etc.

I'm actually more worried about a DB syndrome. Meliodas base at 32K wasn't enough for the story, Nabaka brought him back with a base of 60k. Ok. Escanor at noon, 100k ? And what will happen with the demon mark on and potentially this new beast technique for Meliodas? 120K ? And the Demon King and the suppress goddess being, 150k ? Uh oh.