1. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  2. This year's Community Awards have ended. Check out the results HERE!
  3. Congratulations to MarmaladeSky for winning the Witch Halloween Special Art contest!

Voting has begun for the Winter Art Contests: Avatar & Signature Set, Photography and Short Stories .

This is the final scheduled contest for the year and we would like to say a big thank you to all those who have participated and engaged in the Contests and the Art community in general throughout the year. Your contributions were invaluable!!
  4. The Husbando Wars have finally begun! Nominate your Husbando now!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 206 Discussion / 207 Predictions

Discussion in 'Capital of the Dead' started by Gallon, Feb 4, 2017.

1. ShadowCT6

ShadowCT6 Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Brazil
    What if Gowther changed everyone's memories to make them think that he dissapeared before the war just in the end of it? Well, I know that it sounds nonsense, however, if it's true, we are up to see the causes.

Undina, SHIKARI22 and AiNana like this.
  2. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Fire Nation
    Good point, I haven't thought of that. With gowther's skillset such a thing would be an easy task for the most part. So he approaches demons, changes their memories regarding something he was doing and then goes on to break his commandment and disappear. So far he kinda seems like he has an affinity for meliodas and what he is doing, I wouldn't rule out gowther being a sort of ally to meliodas even back then.

Undina likes this.
  3. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Furniture

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    [​IMG]

Undina, Kokuryuu, AiNana and 6 others like this.
  4. Sama34

Sama34 Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Mexico
    Even if he doesn't, Gloxinia stills joins them eventually (the "decision" Gloxinia and Dolor did was to join the TC, after all), you can't be sure that is not gonna happen in this flashback. And he healing Derriere and Mospiet's hearts would fill the plot on the current timeline. Derriere's hand doesn't seem to have been recovered, but that may be due to it being injured by an archangel.

5. Meliodaf

Meliodaf Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States

I don't think they'll defect in this flashback. King and Diane's decision should ultimately prevent that and keep us from seeing it in this flashback

6. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    Well, their defection is the main point of this trial, so of course King and Diane are going to have to face that conundrum - that's a given.

7. Aloy

Aloy Registered User

England
    Well Indura Esatrossa is the only way Escanor gets a legit fight for the next arc. I think that's when we see Noon Escanor for the 1st time. Since I expect Nakaba will use Noon Escanor to show how powerful th3 Goddess Queen is. Hell maybe she even has something to do with how Escanor got his Sunshine magic.

8. ShadowCT6

ShadowCT6 Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Brazil
    I guess that, in the end of the war, Gowther realized the it was unnecessary and pointless. The desire to abandon the war and the TC could already trigger his curse, but in order to avoid the demons bother him, he decided to change their memories, which really activated his commandment.
    And what made Gowther change his mind? Well, I don't have any hints, however, I think that he is about to meet with Merlin at the Celestial Helm in the next chapters. So, Merlin and the fall of Belial made Gowther realize the futility of the war.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    giovanyL likes this.
  9. FKS

FKS Mangahelper

Mangahelper

France
    I'd like to get back to the talk about Gowther's disappearance 3000 years ago, thing that was discussed in this thread.

First, here's the panel from the chapter 153 in Japanese:
    [​IMG]
    What Fraudrin says here is:
    That individual ruled supreme as a member of the Ten Commandments during the time preceding the Great War 3000 years ago.
    However, due to certain circumstances, he has vanished from our sight and his whereabouts had yet to be found.

Here, Fraudrin never explicitly said Gowther disappeared before the war. Therefore I think he disappeared during the war, which is what is taking place in the flashback.

Demonspeed likes this.
  10. Gaggen

Gaggen Banned

Malaysia
    Guys i dont want escanor to reveal his noon power against estarossa, but i want him to do it when the demon king arrives. If its revealed now, then he wont have a power up anymore and his development in the series will just stop.... i dont want another fight of escanor against estarossa anymore. I want to see the "fodder" sins fighting them. Like how the archangels did. If the archangels took the commandments as a serious threat, the commandments would have been in the purgatory by now......

11. Meliodaf

Meliodaf Registered User

United States
    Ludociel probably should have been more impressed huh? :cheez