1. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  4. New Week, New Contest!
    It's time for another seasonal contest! The Calligraphy Summer Art Contest has begun. Show your creative writing styles.

Congrats to WithYouInSpirit for winning the Food Photography contest!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 211 Discussion / 211.5 (Gowther's Gaiden) Predictions

Discussion in 'Capital of the Dead' started by FKS, Mar 13, 2017.

?

Are Merlin and Gowther related somehow?

1. Yes, they were master and disciple

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Yes, they're related by blood

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. Nope

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Kosy

Kosy Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    Biggest plot twist in a while regarding Gowther..I even thought it was Estarossa at first....what a chapter

Zeref Spriggan and Demonspeed like this.
  2. Sajuukkhar

Sajuukkhar Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    To be honest, this whole thing reminds me way too much of an arc from the Needless manga.

At one point in the manga, one of the badguys attempts to read Adam Blade's(The MC) memories using his powers by summing this big gateway, but Adam shatters the gateway to his memories, and a shard of it hits his Cruz(his friend) and drags both Cruz and Saten(one of the enemy's) into his memories.

While they are there, whole parts of the world are missing because Adam has no memory of those places, and various characters and events from Adam's life are all mixed into one moment of time due to him shattering the gateway, but at the same time, Satan and Cruz actually do things that somehow end up influencing both Adam Blade and Eve Neuschwanstein's personalities in the present, and near the end, Adam Neuschwanstein, a fusion of Adam and Eve from the end of the manga, appears to them, and opens a path in the memories so they can complete their objective of saving Eve in the past, and escape the memory. And at the end of the manga, they actually do have Adam Neuschwanstein using his god powers to "go back in time" and open the path like he/she did in the earlier chapters.

It was bizarre as hell.

Could be a similar situation here(hopefully not because that makes everything more confusing)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2017
  3. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    Thinking about it, isn't gowther's commandment all to convenient now? He just escaped a prison he has spent half his life in... He needs to run away and get under everyone's radar. his commandment that would erase everything he is and thus do just that. I think he will break his commandment specifically to be free of the demon king. I wonder if perhaps the doll itself could have some sort of countermeasure for the commandment. Basically some way to restore his former self... Perhaps even having a backup of his original personality in case something even demanded his attention.

Zeref Spriggan likes this.
  4. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Hierophant

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    I don't think it works like that. If he breaks it he will lose his emotions, memories and his sense of self, the others won't forget him.

5. Meliodaf

Meliodaf Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    I wish we had a specific condition for Gowther's Commandments because every demon (Gowther included) we've seen thus far and Ludociel all seem pretty selfish and find it hard to believe they haven't displayed selfish behavior around him being that it looks a though they simply can't help themselves. The lack of information makes it hard to theorize on that.

Zeref Spriggan and Demonspeed like this.
  6. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    Should have been clearer. I didn't mean he would be forgotten. However he would forget himself and even his demon powers will disappear. Assuming of course that his low pl is a result of him loosing his commandment. If everything of him disappears so to speak, even his power, he should be damn hard for other demons to find.

7. eefrit

eefrit He who controls the pants...

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United States
    It's also possible that they legit believe that all of their actions are for something greater than themselves. Everything is good if it is for the cause, for both sides.

Meliodaf likes this.
  8. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    Even assuming he would be fine with losing his memories, he would also lose his emotions, and he values them a lot, plus it's in time of war, unless he has a safe to stay it's even more dangerous. That decree seems to have been made especially for him as punishment.

I don't think his powers would disappear, we know the Doll is much weaker because of Merlin's armor.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 20, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 20, 2017 ---
    Cover page

[​IMG]

afromarco005 and Zeref Spriggan like this.
  9. dsmithspears

dsmithspears Registered User

United States
    How do you know what his commandment requirements are? where was it stated?

10. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    I wonder if gowther actually had something to do with the humans siding with the demons. Perhaps gowther is manipulating them as well? Given what merascylla said even her presence there seems odd... I am still surprised at how powerful rou seems to be. It kinda seems like the other giants, demons and even goddesses are outclassed. I thought humans would be more powerful 3000 years back but the same should go for other races as well. However even other humans seem to have an advantage here.

11. eefrit

Mangahelper

United States
    Like Ban, Dreyfus, and Zartaras in present day, it's possible that Rou is an outlier of power, even in those times. It's possible that the average power of all the races could be around 3000 or higher (if we go by the Vampires at least), which is hella strong compared to Britannia currently, but Rou could be 4000 or something and be able to destroy the lesser fighters. He isn't making a clean sweep obviously, as he is battle damaged, but he's powerful enough. His buddies seem pretty equal with the other races given how they can take out some, but just as easily be taken out themselves.

12. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    We don't know, everyone is speculating. We only know the effects.

With what he said once he left his prison, I am pretty sure that Gowther is not involved. Rou is probably one of the strongest Human and the Goddesses he killed have on pair of wings, they die relatively easily too. I personally lost faith in the Giant clan, they are just taller Humans with naturally higher strength and endurance. Weakest clan si different from weakest individual, if all Giants/Fairies and all Humans clash, Humans will get crushed.

13. eefrit

Mangahelper

United States
    Matrona and Dolor are the only giants worth while, and even then, the latter, who is the strongest giant character to date, is now being controlled by the least interesting Sin who is going through a terrible character arc. Wait no, she has to have an arc for it to be terrible.

Shadowshock and Zeref Spriggan like this.
  14. Zeref Spriggan

Zeref Spriggan Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Alvarez Empire
    Diane being in Dolor´s Body :epicfacepalm
    I honestly don´t like that she just ruin´s Dolor´s serious personality with her Childish behaviour,as you said the least interesting Sin.
    But i really hope that the moment where Diane and King have to make their choice comes soon i mean that´s the whole purpose for this huge flashback right now isn´t it?
    Their trial to show Gloxinia and Dolor the error of their ways or to make sure if it was for the better what they did.
    Really Hope that moment comes soon,anyway looking forward to the Gaiden about Gowther he is one of the more interesting Sins in my opinion.

Gaggen likes this.
  15. eefrit

Mangahelper

United States
    The whole purpose of this flashback is, honestly, just to show what happened during the war. Gloxinia and Dolor's, and, subsequently, King and Diane's, choice is just a subplot that happens to double as a framing device. Killing two birds with one stone basically.

The moment will come. It's one of the few positives I have about this arc. It's focusing on my two favorite Sins, King and Gowther.

16. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    But isn't what we are seeing terribly convenient for gowther? He has humans guarding the gate he created. And it does not seem like there is any other purpose to the gate either other than to release rou. And given his presence near king and diane, it is quite evident he has been wandering. Affecting all humans around would have been relatively simple for him.

17. Meliodastnr

Meliodastnr Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Philippines
    Exactly. Dianne is murdering Dolor's persona.lol. Yeah Gowther seems to be interesting, his mere existence is pretty much hazy. But in terms of the most interesting ones it would be Hawk and Hawk Mama.

Shadowshock and Zeref Spriggan like this.
  18. dsmithspears

dsmithspears Registered User

United States
    Honestly think Gowther having no emotions is because he is becoming self aware, and i think its also safe to say he just erased the prescene of his real self from everyone else memories. At least thats what I think he means by disappearing from this world.

19. Gaggen

Gaggen Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Malaysia
    who else is thinking that the actual gowther/doll gowther is the one who taught dolor and gloxinia the memory technique??? and this gowther could also be the reason why dolor and gloxinia to switch sides. mel MIGHT BE pulling his own stories about their reasons.....

20. carjet

carjet Registered User

Germany
    I think we are getting spoiled with the Goddess and Demon clan.. who is impressive in the Fairy clan outside of the Fairy Kings? Just because there are only 2-3 impressive Giants compared to the Goddesses and Demons doesnt make them pathetic. Their connection to the earth is also something that seperates them from the rest and what doesnt make them just humans with more strength and durability.

SHIKARI22 likes this.