1. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!

3. Congratulations Ustegius for winning the Brothers set contest!, and well done to the other participants!.
    New Week, New Contest!
    Time for a short story. The theme is Dystopia. Showcase your writting skills!

Voting has begun for the Self Portrait Drawing contest!.
  4. The Waifu Wars 2017 Semifinals have begun! Bring the salt and cast your votes!
  5. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  6. Nominate your favourite moments and characters in Fairy Tail as we celebrate the completion of the series.
  7. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 215 Discussion / 216 Prediction

Discussion in 'Capital of the Dead' started by Gallon, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Yakkun

Yakkun Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Germany
    Nothing to worry about, the flashback trial essentially was still a huge past of Meliodas' story and Nakaba tells those in bits and pieces, it's nothing new to have this cut short. It will continue when the time is right.

Kato756 likes this.
  2. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

United States
    I thought we already covered this ?

They literally die after wards, that technique is super redundant, it basically makes the characters haxed mindless animals until they die

There's no possible reason why any Commandments would even attempt to use it when they thought their only threat is Meliodas

Now that they're aware of Escanor I'm sure Estarossa might have no choice but to use it, Zeldris will to in order to beat current Mel

3. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    I think he is talking about techniques in general, like Dolor's Gaia Form revealed in this chapter. I agree a little, that was pretty obvious in the first saga for example. Some moves revealed in this arc would have been game changers back then(Hunter Fest, ST Releases etc.) .

TarXan, Tio and Xenotosgolgia like this.
  4. MOLESTERMAN

MOLESTERMAN Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Philippines
    King and Diane's kid:

A Giant with cute wings dancing and molding the earth while having a spirit spear besides him. SeemsGood

5. Xenotosgolgia

Xenotosgolgia Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Winterfell
    If there's anything I will never excuse Nakaba for is how often he shits on the Giant Clan especially Dolor who is supposed to be legendary, but his magic is garbage and his physical strength is laughable at this point. The Fairy and Giant Clan leaders might as well be gag characters cause they get shitted on repeatedly. In fact I despise how Nakaba treats every character within both those clans. Look at every Fairy and Giant character in this series and tell me if any of them have been treated with respect. Though it does play into my theory that both clans will go extinct at some point.

Tio likes this.
  6. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    I am not so sure this is as arbitrary as you make it sound. I mean, there is a reason for derieri and moonspiet to not have used the form against meliodas. At least that bit was planned out well in advance IMO. As well as at least the general details of the holy wars.

Zeldris and estarosa can definitely use indura though to be fair the result would be superior to what derieri and moonspiet did. Granted it shouldn't be enough to beat escanor though.

I am not so sure dolor actually gets stomped as you say. Sure, he would loose to zeldris and estarosa. But so would most people who loose to someone by a 5K+ difference. And in the end, when it comes to giants it is not fair to analyze their strength using individual stats. Sure, dolor is inferior to a bunch of commandments strength wise. But the way he fights is a combination of magic and strength. There is a reason all giants we have seen have comparable stat distribution (2:1 strength/magic ratio). It's simply good for creation.

Theforsakensoul and Demonspeed like this.
  7. MrSchmitty7

MrSchmitty7 Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    Personally, if you ask me Drole becoming a demon makes perfect sense. It's already established that demon's blood makes you stronger, and considering the fact that Drole has a huge inferiority complex and the fact that he got randomly one shotted by a midget at that, it makes sense for him to want more power. It's not like anyone else can train him, he's already arguably the pinnacle of giants.

Kato756 likes this.
  8. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    Dolor and Gloxinia are the only fighters of their clans who are at the level of the Commandments. Demons and Goddesses were the powerhouses for a reason.

Comparing them to pure Demons they are at Monspiet and Derrierie level(Indura not included of course). From what they displayed I would say that they would beat Derrierie in a fight, not sure about Monspiet, but they are in the same ballpark, Sariel and Tarmiel as well. There are fighters much stronger but they are still among the strongest ones.

9. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    From what I gather sariel and tarmiel were were stronger than base moonspiet and derieri. I mean, each of them took two commandments at a time with relative ease. Meliodas took dolor and gloxinia on his own however it is worth noting that he did so by keeping at least one of them incapacitated at any given time. Neither of the archangels had to do that when they fought the commandments and didn't have any real trouble safe for a couple hits against derieri and moonspiet.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 21, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 21, 2017 ---
    As for gloxinia and dolor using indura, I think it is plausible they are capable of it. Sure, they were giant and fairy king but they were also transformed into demons. We have even seen them use demon's darkness even if only once. When hendrickson took demon blood his powers matched the specific type of demon whose blood he consumed. It is not impossible dolor and gloxinia were transformed into high class demons and thus have 7 hearts they can sacrifice to the darkness.

10. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    Tarmiel maybe but Sariel fought Monspiet alone for a while. And he didn't really appear to be way above Derrierie either. As for Mel, when he came back he easily dealt with both Demons. Ludociel did the same.

11. Xenotosgolgia

Winterfell
    I call complete bs on Gloxinia and Dolor beating any Commandment when Gloxinia couldn't even hurt Mel at 30,000pl during the festival. Neither can out do Demon healing.

12. victim

victim Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Kenya
    i dont think zeldris will need to transform as he is still stonger than meliodas and still zeldris can seal escanor power as he did with diane and then let estratrossa handle him

13. Gaggen

Gaggen Registered User

Malaysia
    i have already predicted months back that mel's decree was pacifism(dunno weither it is true or not). there are instances to prove it. rossa said godesses shat in their pants(if they have one) whenever mel was there. They were even afraid to make their move in his presence. This situation is the same for graylord. Denzel was afraid to touch fraudrin when graylord was there and anyone who made the move to destroy the demon egg in the castle was also affected by it. In other words, the godesses didnt dare to touch mel(maybe one or two could).... Piety doesnt make sense to me since it has barely any effect on mel at all. If he had piety the godesses especially should be resisitant to it to some extent like how he was in vaizel. Most of us assume its piety just because zeldris is the current leader and representative of the demon king which is not necessarily the case.

And why many are blaming dolor to be so weak here. We have diane who behaves like a women even though she is in a powerful body plus i doubt she have access to all his spells not to mention she doesnt know all of them. By the way her dance in that panel gave me cancer. i would prefer matrona's anytime over hers... i do admit zeldris did quite a damage but if the actual dolor fought i bet he could have fought better against zeldris. especially with heavy metal and all..... i was expecting king to grow his wings in this chapter little by little after seeing diane suffering from zeldris... but nakaba has plans for later....

14. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    Zeldris is considerably weaker than current Meliodas. The 60,000 PL (which likely contains a strength PL even greater than Zeldris', just like Estarossa) is Meliodas' base, and he probably gets a huge boost through his mark.
    Zeldris is my favourite, but he's objectively weaker than his oldest brother. "God" may change things a bit, though. Still, I don't think he'll use Indura, but will use his father's power against Mel instead.

Daravil likes this.
  15. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    Mel was at 56k when they fought. 32k is his base power but his demon transformation takes him up to 56k. It is weird that they don't use demon healing. Gloxinia has moon rose which is actually better but in turn it seems to take a much bigger tole on him.

16. Xenotosgolgia

Winterfell
    I was talking about before the mark he was at 32,000k when Gloxinia first hit him with the spirit spear in that armored state. Mel had no damage then he had his demon mark activated after he got back up. Also Gloxinia might have Moon Rose, but with a simple 22,000k(if I remember correctly) sneak attack from Escanor and Mel at 32,000k that's all it took despite him being easily above Mel in pl. If not for Gloxinia plot armor(his strength stat is basically nil so how'd he survive Mel's punch?) Dolor would be a corpse.

17. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    I think it's pretty obvious that durability is not comprised in Strength. If it did, King would be already dead. There is also Hendrickson who took Revenge Counter and survived because of his Demon physiology. Demons are tougher than anything and Fairies are more fragile. Escanor's PL didn't matter when he used his attack because the power was stored in Rhitta. It was all the power stored from the day before. Dolor, who is a lot more durable than his friend, took it better while the other almost died but healed.

TarXan likes this.
  18. Mrwanton

Mrwanton Registered User

United States
    FINALLY! Diane x King finally goes somewhere. It's about time. Never let something like that be dragged out for so long ever again please. Anyway the rest of the chapter was fine. No real surprises but I enjoyed it.

Kato756 likes this.
  19. Xenotosgolgia

Winterfell
    The agile thing is a lie Mel easily surpassed Glox in agility. Also that's because Dolor is much bigger Fairies are known for being physically weak(again how did Gloxinia survive that?)

20. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    I never talked about agility. Only durability.