1. New Week, New Contest!

Firstly, a new contest is up; for this week we have the Coloring contest, so be sure to get involved and showcase your skills in digital or hand coloring.

Secondly, voting for the Technologycontest is open, so be sure to vote for your favourite entry!
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  5. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!
Get ready for the new Scavenger Hunt, sign-ups have already started, click HERE for more information.

Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 215 Discussion / 216 Prediction

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Gallon, Apr 18, 2017.

1. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    Escanor was at over 28k IIRC. And I would argue that number is not too important considering how the attack he used worked. Escanor used the power stored within rhitta. So the attack he used could have easily been well above his PL at the time. As for how mel performed during the fight, I think the most important thing here is that he only did that well to begin with because escanor's attack actually caused significant damage to dolor and gloxinia. They kinda recovered over time via moon rose but odds are they felt escanor's attack all through the fight.

2. SGtheking876

SGtheking876 Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    Yup can't spoil his possible future sequel manga like boruto is with Naruto. The children of the seven deadly sins would be my guess as who it follows. My guess is King and diane will have twins, boy giant and fairy girl. Oh and I love that diane just ran away like ( f@#k this im out) wish we could've seen it. Very good chapter.

3. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Hierophant

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Now that I think about it, Zeldris can't be the Piety yet since Diane managed to flee. She would have been affected otherwise.

It's possible that the force restored things before that but since it's supposed to show Dolor and Gloxinia other possibilities, I am sure he had not the decree.

SHIKARI22 and Kimoho10 like this.
  4. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    Regarding king's wings, the past scene reminds me of the back pain king felt a while back when fighting mel. I wonder if perhaps these two scenes hint at stuff which king needs to get over to finally grow his wings... The only connection I have seen between either time and even that is a stretch is that king has more or less taken charge of the situation. Either in confronting meliodas or when deciding to do the opposite of what gloxinia did. I guess this would play out into king's sin of sloth though I also don't see how most of the crap that happens to king is in any way his fault.

I think diane and king kinda half failed the test in a way. King did choose a different path from gloxinia but he still did not grow his wings so using his full power will for the time being be taxing. It's more than plausible that king will have a power increase from the last time he used the true spear but probably still nowhere near a commandment. Just enough to use more of the spear... And diane seemed to kinda bail on the test because he was creeped out by zeldris. So it makes sense that whatever growth she had to get from this is probably not going to pan out. Considering dolor apparently switched sides because he was easily defeated, this is not something that diane would ever unconscionably do. It's... not even a test of her.

5. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    You don't really have to since we kinda know what happens based on Demonspeed's and FKS's posts. The Mangastream version might come out soon, anyway.

6. NnT-theories

NnT-theories Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Sweden
    I don't really know what you are talking about, but okay, thanks for say that :)

7. natsulucy

natsulucy Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

India
    I always thought Gray Lord was the one who replaced Karmadois as he is the newest member.

8. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    The translation you're trying to post - you don't really have to. XD
    I appreciate the effort, but it's alright. The quality translation should be out soon.

In terms of his spot with his decree and such? Zeldris replaced Karmadios in that aspect.

NnT-theories likes this.
  9. natsulucy

India
    But see in the original flashback of Estarossa only Zeldris and Gray lord were absent.Gloxinia and Dolor replaced Aranak and Zeno while i thought Zeldris replaced his brother Meliodas as the captain and Gray Lord replacing Karmadois.

10. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    Well yeah, Zeldris took Meliodas' place as the leader of the group, but their decrees were apparently different.

11. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    Well, it is not too clear who replaced whom. From the commandment estarosa showed the ones that need replacement are meliodas, aranak, zeno, gowther and karmadios. The group we got today has zeldris, greyroad, fraudrin, dolor and gloxinia. With that many spots being open I am not sure it matters specifically which commandment replaced whom. It's not like a specific commandment has to be the leader. At least I doubt karmadios was at the time the leader of the commandments...

12. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

United States
    Ummmm where'd you get this info ????

Daravil likes this.
  13. LivewireToriko

LivewireToriko Registered User

Algeria
    Dolor's test/reason to join the demons is still terrible IMO.

Lost a fight to zeldris, so he decides to join the opposing side, join the same group that guy seemingly leads and work under him, and finally go beg his dad to make you stronger with demon power.

Dolor is the one of the worst written characters in Taizai.

He's exactly the opposite of the prideful legendary respectable warrior he's supposed to be.

He joined because he was butthurt. And that's it.

14. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

United States
    OHHHHH then I 100% agree but st the same time in the 1st arc the sins were basically stronger than everyone

I do agree that Nakaba hides certain shit from the story for plot purposes I even made a thread about it

But there's ALWAYS a reason, imagine if Merlin/Escanor were fighting in the 1st arc or if Ban had used Hunter fest against Hendy, there'd literally be no storyline at all

I don't necessarily think they're ass pull, because a lot of these techniques weren't really needed in the first arc tbh
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 21, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 21, 2017 ---
    I would like to agree but the chapter isn't put plus we don't know the full extent to what happened because Diane made her choice and was returned to the present, we know Drole didn't give up and kept fighting which lead to some more shit we don't know about

There's obviously much more that went down which lead to Dollther being K'od for thousands of years, Glox/Drole switching sides, the destruction of FKF and the Gowther dying

NnT-theories likes this.
  15. natsulucy

India
    Dolor probably suffers from inferiority complex subconsciously.

After seeing him get one shotted,Ludoshell's behaviour and his best friend joining 10C he also made the decision.

16. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    Even in this chapter his bod is still acting strangely, his wings are definitely growing. Diane lost and made her choice too. I think the power up comes from the fact that they were in their bodies. Diane knew Dolor's abilities and was able to use them. I am not sure what will exactly happen later but that should be it. Plus with the next chapter title like that, everything should be fine.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 21, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 21, 2017 ---
    It's out.

Gallon likes this.
  17. Killerbee12

Killerbee12 Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    This chapter was basic, but both Diane and king got their power up. King wings is bout sprout.
    I think dolor and Gloxinia r still gonna return to da Commandments.it make no sense for them to join the Sins. But it also don't make no sense for them to return as well.
    But for plot purposes they hav to b on the 10c side. Diane and King r gonna b da ones that half to defeat them.
    Sumthing like wat King did wen he fought helbram.

18. Demonspeed

Global Moderator

France
    When this arc began we got a break, and it ends with a break.

Yes I am pretty sure they are going to fight them as Commandments. That's why they wanted to be surpassed.

19. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    Ok, chapter out.

I am somewhat confused by the decision diane had to make here. diane hand to choose between dying or joining the ten commandments. However in context if he had chosen to die then the illusion would have ended just as when king chose to not slay rou. And history would have gone on. In other words, diane would have had to choose to die to escape. And of course, her deciding to run away also got that result. To me it seems like king's worry was uncalled for in that regard. He should have been worried that diane would have continued down dolor's path for years and years. Presumably the worst case scenario would have been diane staying in there past the point the commandments were sealed.

As for dolor's reason to joining the ten commandments... I call bullshit. He had no motivation to ever do so. I get that other giants did not particularly treat him well but he had comrades in stigma which he did in fact brazenly and shamelessly betray. I guess that the lesson dolor can learn from this is that he didn't have only two choices and he has the power to make his own path. The only excuse I could possibly make for dolor is that his decision is something that would have actually made sense to other giants as well... As in, since fighting is more important than the clan itself it makes sense to choose a path that leads to more power.

Zeldris definitely is a monster. I do wonder what exactly it is that makes him special though.... I guess being the demon king's representative is a factor though I can't really make sense of this otherwise.

20. ZeldristhePiety

ZeldristhePiety Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Japan
    wow, i actually called it perfectly. dolor's pride being crushed by zeldris' defeating him effortlessly. what a little monster that demon prince is.

Daravil likes this.