1. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. Thank you for participating in this years FT Awards. The winners of each category have been decided, please check them out!
  5. The Waifu Wars 2017 are over. Time for applause!
  6. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  7. Congratulations Jammin & Purity of Magi for winning the Manhwa Freestyle contest!, and well done to the other participants!.

New Week, New Contest!
    Time to get coloring! The theme is Pets Coloring.

Voting has begun for the Flower Banner contest!.
  8. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 218 Discussion / 219 Predictions

Discussion in 'Capital of the Dead' started by FKS, May 15, 2017.

1. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    Well, but my point was that bam absolutely needs the generic powerup. I would argue that is a reasonable response to what you were suggesting (which is that bam doesn't need the powerup).

Bam not being a human but having a human body is kinda contradictory though.The human body is precisely what would make him human. We have seen souls and all of them seem to be the same so far. In any case, bam as he is now isn't considered a member of the human specie by the author. So no, bam's body isn't that of a human as you claim.

Well, it is a bit of speculation on my part but it's not like I am grasping at straws here. The guys rou and cou fought at worst had had the job of fighting red, grey and blue demons and perhaps even high ranking demons that weren't commandments. That is a fairly wide power gap. In any case, if their job was to fight low level demons like red and grey ones that means they could defeat creatues with power as high as 3.2k. Not necessarily all of them could do that but a fair number of them kinda needed that capacity. And rou and company annihilated that army. They should at least be well stronger than any regular human we have seen nowadays.

2. Kay3795

Kay3795 Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Nigeria
    Ban's limitation are clear. He cannot steal beyond say 15k physical stat. He cannot oppose any 10c because not all rely on physical stats. He's also doomed against proficient soul manipulators & potent Hellblaze magic.

BUT Meta already criticised him on this limitation, & Ban later witnessing how powerless he was to save his beloved cap'n in the midst of danger must have been a big motivator. I'm sure Kkck is right in saying Ban must have been working even harder to overcome his limitation during the timeskip & even now.

3. Cman12

Cman12 Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    That's your opinion because who said that Ban only stole 15k from Galan. Yes we know that he didn't steal all his physical strength but why would you set 15k as your first choice. Need i remind you that the time-skip was only a month, true he could have trained a little durning that month but i highly doubt it did anything because like i told Kkck, Ban still has a human body regardless of his immortality.

4. Kay3795

Kay3795 Registered User

Nigeria
    It's probably less than 15k. 15k was me being generous as even with all that he stole, Galan was still roughly his match.

Tio likes this.
  5. Cman12

Cman12 Registered User

United States
    So what would you classify his body then? Im not saying he's still human, im saying that though he's immortal, he still possesses a humans body because what I've seen so far since the beginning of this series is a man who was born human but then gained immortality that's it. Him being born human sets that limit. His immortality doesn't do anything for him power wise. And didn't we see Mera take out his soul?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 19, 2017, Original Post Date: May 19, 2017 ---
    You were being generous lmfao why would it be less than 15k? And actually, he wasn't a match for him once he stole his strength, it was a complete one sided battle. Galan was just still strong enough to the point were Ban couldn't completely destroy him because Ban didn't take the whole 24k of physical strength.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  6. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    There are things you can't do when the gap is too wide. At 3K Ban is not going to be very useful against the Commandments.

7. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    Well, nakaba hasn't specified what bam actually is. He simply has made the point that bam is in fact not human. Him having a human body would be contradictory with that considering it is his body that makes him whatever he is.

Well, looking back it seems like he stole over half of galan's strength and then some more from people around. However even then 15 k would be somewhat generous. His targets would be apparently galan, merascylla, jericho and a bunch of regular people in a town. And even then, when it comes to my earlier point about why bam absolutely needs a base PL increase this does not make a difference at all. Say he is able to steal 18k. He would clock at 21320. Against estarosa's 38k, zeldris' 39k, derieri's 34k and so on. This marginal difference in what he can steal compared to what I originally suggested makes him vaguely more annoying to the commandments. Except fraudrin. But he would steal be just about worthless. Bam ultimately needs an actual power increase to be relevant.

8. Cman12

Cman12 Registered User

United States
    See this is why i cant take anything you say or have said already seriously because i can tell that your a fan but you dont really seem to know the series like you think you do. First off it's Ban not Bam. Second Estarossa has a strength of 53k not 38k, Zeldris 47.2k not 39k and Derieri 48k not 34k lmao.

9. Kay3795

Kay3795 Registered User

Nigeria
    Honestly I'm unsure of the point you're trying to make right now lol.

Also Ban is as an Immortal. He called himself the undead Ban. He's not a normal human & thus it makes little since for him to have the limitation you've imposed on him. Think about this; while humans need rest time, sleep, food & such things, Ban doesn't need any of those and could instead push himself into getting a stronger body in order to cope with higher power.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 20, 2017 ---
    This certainly came out of left field lol...

10. Cman12

Cman12 Registered User

United States
    If you go to the first post i made today, you'll see what im trying to say lol. My overall point is that Ban doesn't need any type of power-up, his immortality is enough. All he needs is his sacred treasure and that's it.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 20, 2017, Original Post Date: May 20, 2017 ---
    Only reason i said that is because yes your entitled to your own opinion period but when you voice your opinions to others, you have to know what your talking about in your arguments and all im saying is that Kkck doesn't seem to know everything about this series.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 20, 2017 ---

11. Kay3795

Kay3795 Registered User

Nigeria
    You know I could just as easily reflect that same remark back at you.

You said Ban doesn't require a power-up because he's Immortal. Demonic Hellblaze negates that advantage. Demonic soul manipulation also bypasses that advantage. So actually immortality is no real advantage for Ban against Demons at all.

Also Ban's limitation is something that had being shown & pointed out by Mera, so it's no mere assumption on Kkck's (or anyone's) part in saying he needs a power up
    [​IMG]
    and there's probably the issue of time limit as well
    [​IMG]

You want to talk about assumption? Isn't it an assumption on your part to say that Ban's ST would be enough to cover the gross power gap between him & the 10C?

12. Cman12

Cman12 Registered User

United States
    First off what does Hellbaze have to do with my argument about him not needing a power-up? True it negates his immortality but its ways around that like umm not getting hit by it or simply dodging the attack. Second, your putting words in my mouth because i never said on any post I've made today saying that him having his ST back would be enough to fight againt the 10 Commandments, I specifically said he only needs his ST back to be a perfect character. Third, i keep saying your entitled to your own opinions because i know this series well fyi and it's soley my opinion that Ban doesn't need a power-up because of his immortality, thats not an assumption. And just like yall keep saying Mera pointed out his limitation, if you paid attention, im basically saying the same thing but its my opinion to say that he can't get any stronger because of his human body, the body he was born with regardless if hes immortal.

13. SGtheking876

SGtheking876 Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    Think you just answered your own question, ban already can at his limit steal as much power as galan was at about 26-30,000 power level on own with hunterfest now add on his sacred treasure and his power stealing limit can go even higher so yeah I think he'll be fine

14. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    Seeing the chapter translated in Spanish. It looks like Diane can become much stronger as she dances.

That's what she tells him on page 187.

ShadowCT6 likes this.
  15. ShadowCT6

ShadowCT6 Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Brazil
    Yes! Her power indeed increases as long as she dance.
    Also, (I don't remember if I had already written about, but) Gowther's new PL wasn't revealed in this chapter.

Demonspeed likes this.
  16. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Galactic Empire
    You missed my point by a fair bit. I used their overall PLs in there, not their strength alone(that is why I pointed our ban's 21320pl which is his base pl plus his what he steals). So you have ban stealing 18k of estarosa's 60k or zeldris's 61k. I did get the numbers wrong though (I rounded ban's pl to 22k rather than 21k). The whole point was to show that ban could steal a full 18k strength from any commandment and still be worthless next to them.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 20, 2017, Original Post Date: May 20, 2017 ---
    I didn't ask a question. And in any case, I doubt his sacred treasure can help when it comes to his limit. As far as the manga mentioned ban didn't have an issue stealing strength but rather he had a stamina issue. Stealing strength takes a tool on him. Having a weapon could conceivably help him steal more strength but it wouldn't help his stamina nor increase his capacity to hold it.

SGtheking876 likes this.
  17. Gaggen

Gaggen Banned

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Malaysia
    if what you say is true, his power level most probably woud have increase by 1k or 2k by ging to the to the druids. Well he is a lazy guy and i am sure he will come up with a shortcut to be strong. If he was hardworking enough his st should have been in his hands by now

18. plotsu plotgneel

plotsu plotgneel Registered User

Barbados
  19. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Quagmire

Global Moderator

France
    So currently:
    • Meliodas: TC level but could be dangerous if he uses his Demon powers too much.
    • King and Diane: Can fight against the weakest TC and still growing. That Dolor Dance buff though...
    • Escanor: TC level as long as it's the morning.
    • Ban: Current level unknown.
    • Gowther and Merlin: TC level. The most stable right now.

Next chapter is 28 pages. The title makes me think it could be a SoL chapter with the Sins. I would like that.

20. john ellis

john ellis Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Australia
    in reality meliodas is far above TC probably on par with injura in his demonic mode, and escanor is TC level early morning(8-10) probably injura level Mid morning(10-11:30) and probably god tier noon(11:30-12:30?). Merlin is unknown but atleast medium to high TC level. King is medium Tc level and diane is likely mediumTc level. Gowther and ban are unknown possibly low level TC