1. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  2. It's that time of the year again! The seventh annual MangaHelpers Community Awards are here. Click HERE to join in the fun and nominate your choices!
  3. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  4. The nomination round has ended and the first round of voting begins now. Click HERE to begin voting!
  5. The fourth voting round is here! Vote for your favorite Manga now!
  6. Congratulations Kappa123 for winning the Pets Coloring contest!, and well done to the other participants!.

New Week, New Contest!
    Grab your camera! The theme is Friends Photography.

Voting has begun for the Survival Poem contest!.
  7. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 226 Discussion / 227 Predictions

Discussion in 'Capital of the Dead' started by FKS, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    The wiki is not credible. Still, it's not necessarily 50,000 at the beginning, but it could be close to it considering it was dawn when Escanor woke up and defeated Galan. However, despite this, Esky noted that it was getting close to noon (seemingly) a few minutes later, so the whole PL and timing deal is a bit ambiguous.

2. Undina

Undina Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Romania
    Merascylla, albeit drunk, noted that it was noon(or at least close to noon) right before Escanor woke up from his fainting spell
    [​IMG]
    and the shadows on the landscape wouldn't put "time" at dawn, more like somewhere around 10-11, given that they're somewhere in the middle of some mountains, the "game" itself, once you think about it, couldn't have lasted more than 15 minutes, plus, give or take 5 for the whole Merascylla spiel, since no one mentioned so far that people get trapped into her Cocoon for hours when they feel like it's been minutes, and, after the confrontation, Escanor rushed to leave, confirming it was close to noon. I doubt Nakaba went as far as to change general perception of "noon" from real life and that it still happens at about 12 o'clock.
    And the wikia is starting to become more reliable, it depends on if you go and check it before the more serious contributors get to fix the fan-fiction level crap others add. Mostly, I go for reference to event/chapter so I can re-check it on a manga streaming site, since I don't always have the time or patience to figure out or recall by myself which chapter group matches which arc and which event fits them respectively.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  3. eefrit

eefrit Who Dat Boy?

Mangahelper

United States
    It's likely that that is a mistranslation.

Chapter 148 RedHawk Scans
    [​IMG]

Merascylla states that it's been half a day, which makes more sense as they seemingly met Escanor right after night fall.

That being said, we still don't know where this places the actual time and, to be honest, it's possible that Nakaba didn't think about it himself, given that the Vampires of Edinburgh had him look closer to his noon form when we know for a fact that it was shortly after dawn in the time frame. We don't know whether or not he wants us to think that this was a short time frame or whether or not they've been fighting for hours.

And if we look at his fight against Estarossa, it had to have started around 11 and he had to have been around 60k as he was capable of fighting toe to toe against him.

4. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    It was nowhere near noon when his PL was measured to be at 50,055. Merascylla's line is a mistranslation.

Considering he began tearing up his clothes just when he woke up, implying that that's when he started growing, it was dawn alright. His power was nowhere near the one he had against Estarossa, which was at 11.
    Heck, it was not even close to the one he had prior to 11, considering he punched Estarossa to his knees in that form, and in the one against Galan, he had less total PL than Estarossa had strength alone.

5. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Fire Nation
    IIRC meliodas kinda cheated his way out of the test. The point was made that mel's anger isn't a fire that devours everything but rather a calm ocean that devours all. Basically, mel didn't overcome shit when it comes to his trial. He didn't change even a tiny bit, the trial and taking his power was a massive waste of time which was at best a plot device so that the first stage of the manga was not resolved by mel sneezing vaguely in liones' direction.

Rescorlian, MrSchmitty7 and eefrit like this.
  6. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Queen

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    It's a guess. But it can be assumed that he is very close to 50K once he transforms from the fight against Galan and Mera. He played dead or lost consciousness for a good while when he met them and he was without his glasses so we know it was not the morning. Plus from the fight against Gowther we know that 28800 is very low compared to his normal transformation, 20K or 30K is too low. Unless the sky is cloudy or it's raining, he will be immediately close to 50K once he transforms.

7. Undina

Undina Registered User

Romania
    Umm, so, what in those chapters exactly implies it was dawn when he woke up and started bulking up? He could've started bulking up instantly since he woke up without his glasses, which were shattered on the floor. We've also learnt that lack of consciousness inhibits his transformation, so if he woke up late in the morning or close to noon he would, obviously, jump straight to, say, 48 179 or whatever PL suits Nakaba's purpose.:eyeroll He did such a crazy jump during his bromancing with Gowther and King at that random tavern when King knocked off his glasses, only a few chapters ago.
    Unless one wants to complicate interpretations, the 2 translations concur, they're merely using different words to express the same thing. You actually think a drunken Merascylla, who can't bring herself to care whether hostages from her own kind, among which a team-mate's sibling, ended up dying, would bother keeping count of how long ago she met some strange, temporarily interesting, human and he fainted, instead of natural flow of time from midnight to mid-day? Cause if that line was for the benefit of us learning how truly concerned she was for their new "friend":derp, instead of placing in a more general time-frame the fight, then the intermission with the pastoral during E VS E was merely a mid-match ad for the good ol' medieval country life:teehee...seriously, now, "it's been half a day" with no "buts" or "sinces" will clearly reference general time of day, regardless who depends on it to be flashy and OP.
    Besides, glaring differences in his PL at the same moment of day or night could still show up since Nakaba already blurred the lines for him by making him able to use Merlin as his "Sun" anytime, all the time, whatever, to bring him up to 28 800 at night and afterwards he also dropped in personal mood/his Pride as further catalyst to his PL advance especially for EvE.
    I can only see that so far his PL is persistently "immeasurable" and utterly whimsical unless some character vaguely mentions somewhere near-by that it's about to be noon. And Merlin's reading did happen once his Game with Galand began. If you can bring proof that the whole confrontation with the 2 Commandments+ his succinct chat with Ban lasted more than half an hour, then I'll reconsider my assessment. Until then, I'll place his vs Galand no earlier than 10:30.
    Ugh, this is somewhat heading off topic so I hope we have it cleared up.

8. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    Who says his lack of consciousness inhibits his transformation? It's highly likely that it doesn't. Actually, he probably woke up precisely because he received his day power. I don't see how consciousness would affect his genetics.

No, one translation says it's noon, and the other says 12 hours have passed. If the sun set at 8PM, which was around the time Mera and Galan arrived, then the battle happened at 8AM. Pretty obvious, if you ask me.
    Plus, there's Ban noting that it's already morning, so it was so.

The case with Gowther and King is different. It was likely around 10 or something by the time, so he simply buffed up to what his usual state would be. In this case, his body started growing just when the sun rose, despite the fact that his glasses had been broken hours ago, and buffed up immediately after.

And again, he was physically stronger than Estarossa at about 10:30 judging by that one punch he "landed", whereas he was weaker than Estarossa's physical stat alone during his battle against Galan. The battle happened early in the morning, but Nakaba paced it so it would later be close to "noon" so he'd have a reason to no longer remain in his day form during his interactions.

Seraph and DiMaria Yesta like this.
  9. Pro Ban Corps

Pro Ban Corps Registered User

England
    Swear all the druid stuff dont matter anymore since he got killed and the demon king feasted on all his emotions, so now he's just back to his wrath self, that's why he did fraudin dirty like he did lol
    Or i've got my timeline wrong here

10. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    The discussion would be whether it ever mattered or not. Though if it did make a difference regarding mel's character, which I don't agree with, there is a fairly good chance that mel's death would have made it moot anyways. In any case, my point would be that the test itself never succeeded in making any difference regarding mel's "wrath" because they failed to understand meliodas' wrath to begin with. And as a result the test itself was wrong.

11. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Queen

Global Moderator

France
    By control of his wrath they meant that he became able to choose how to unleash it, it doesn't mean that his control of his emotions is perfect. He simply decided to direct this wrath at that illusion.

Baum and Seraph like this.
  12. Pro Ban Corps

England
    It did matter because he needed to get his power that was taken off him back. What i dont understand is if the DK consumed Mel's emotions how can he still love Eli?? Is it that the curse placed on him by allows him to only feel love for certain people?? It's quite inconsistent.
    All be it, i kinda get what you're saying but I think the druids bit helped in the restoration of Mel's power. Mel's wrath has to do with innocent dying/people he loves, cos merlin said Mel lost it after a kid that helped them was killed before them, she had to KO/steal his power in that moment it was exposed.

13. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    http://mangafox.me/manga/nanatsu_no_taizai/v17/c135/17.html

This is the key part of the whole thing. And the conclusion is not "meliodas has gained complete control over his wrath". Rather it's "meliodas has complete control over his wrath". Due to that small difference the test meliodas went through was fundamentally flawed. Meliodas didn't have issues controlling his wrath. He was perfectly in control when he blew up danafor, he was just THAT pissed off that everyone and elizabeth had died. That is what they meant when they explained the bit about his wrath being an ocean and they specifically said meliodas didn't gain control over his emotions. The test never had a chance of changing mel because at it's most basic level it was flawed. As flawed as testing for calculus at a history test.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 19, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 19, 2017 ---
    From meliodas perspective that was the case, he needed to not blow up danafor once to get his power back. But that is not quite what I meant. The test was supposed to force meliodas to control his emotions. And in regards to that specifically the test was useless. The test could never force meliodas to learn that because he never once at any point had issues with it. He was perfectly aware when he blew up danafor, he blew it up because he was just THAT pissed of. And odds are that by that point everyone was already quite dead.

what do you mean about the bold part? The druids returned his power but that is the end of it.

As for meliodas killing innocent people... I don't think that actually happened at danafor. What little we have seen is that by the time meliodas blew it up virtually everyone was already dead. Liz was simply the last to die. What we have seen suggests that fraudrin somehow managed to gather a huge army of powerful beasts which attacked and ultimately overwhelmed danafor. Meliodas is powerful and could easily deal with any one beast but he simply couldn't be everywhere at once.

14. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Queen

Global Moderator

France
    That's not how I understood it. Meliodas destroyed Danafor and IIRC he almost did something similar again after seeing a kid Elizabeth injured. The problem was that losing control like that affected everything around him. If Meliodas had been in control back when Liz died, he would have directed his wrath at Fraudrin and Fraudrin alone, not just exploded in rage and destroyed the whole kingdom. I agree that it was flawed, but flawed because they wanted him to become emotionless.

Baum likes this.
  15. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    Well, but that is not what is being said here. They specifically talk about meliodas' rage to begin with being fundamentally different from what they thought. And that alone makes the test entirely moot. They never make the point that meliodas passed the test because he controlled his emotions. In fact they literally make the opposite point, that meliodas in fact did not learn how to control his emotions. Basically, after "passing" the test he was literally and in every form and context the exact same as before. His rage did not become the calm ocean they spoke of because of the test, that was simply always its true form.

And I maintain that meliodas probably didn't kill anyone when he blew up danafor. The place was invaded by hordes of powerful beasts brought along by fraudrin. Meliodas blewed up the place when it was already a barren wasteland full of corpses. And in that regard, their worries about meliodas blowing up liones were unfounded. Liz back then wasn't dead, just injured. And the people also weren't dead, they were all literally just fine. So there really wasn't any risk of meliodas blowing it up.

Seraph likes this.
  16. Pro Ban Corps

England
    Melissa's couldn't control his rage because he was not good with his emotions.
    And what I meant was mel seeing comrades/innocents that have helped him die which was what merlin said gave her the opportunity to rob Mel of his power.
    Robing his power meant he could only do so much damage with what was left with him. So what the druids did was ensure Mel could control his emotions better, so he won't repeat danafor.
    But yeah as you said the DK might have made the progress useless after mels death

17. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Queen

Global Moderator

France
    I don't think that Meliodas killed people when he blew up Danafor. But without that training at the cave it could have happened in another situation. I don't remember in which chapter they said this but he was close to doing this at Liones.

18. Baum

Baum Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Germany
    Don't know the exact number either but it was at Ishtar as well. I think right before Meliodas got his power back Merlin explained why she had to seal it 10(?) years ago.

Meliodas would've wiped Liones off the map like he did Danafor but that time he would've taken an entire kingdom's citizens with him as opposed to destroying an already dead city.

Seraph likes this.
  19. Seraph

Seraph Artist

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Finland
    Yeah the Trigger was a Little Kid that got hurt helping them out with their Escape if i recall Correctly,Merlin said he almost lost it there but she knocked him out and took his Power from him i think thats what it was.

20. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    How did the topic get to this point? That's completely off from what's been going on recently. XD

Either way, didn't Ban say he's staying out of this? Why's he in all of a sudden? He doesn't want to be responsible for Elaine's second death, but his actions are contradictory.

Seraph likes this.