1. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. Congratulations to goldb for winning the Friends Photography contest!, and as always, well done to the other participants!.

Voting has begun for the Special Halloween Art Contest
    Witch.

Also there is a special announcement regarding the Winter Art Contest, so please Read up!
  4. This year's Community Awards have ended. Check out the results HERE!
  5. The very first Magi Awards have begun! Vote your favorite Moments and Characters now!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 243 Discussion / 244 Predictions

Discussion in 'Capital of the Dead' started by eefrit, Nov 9, 2017.

?

Who is the princess?

1. Elizabeth

14 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Margaret

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Veronica

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. A new character in the Purgatory

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Someone else

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Gut's is the man

Gut's is the man Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    Funny.

also you have the best icon I have seen on this cite.

Yakano likes this.
  2. Yakano

Yakano Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    In short he'll still be useless even after this so called "power up" after going to the purgatory imo lol
    Sorry if it wasn't clear enough
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 14, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 14, 2017 ---
    Ooh thank you my good sir

3. Undina

Undina Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Romania
    I understood the message, lol, I was criticising the medium, Ban's style has more rhythm and rhyme...at least more than his "development":derp

4. overlordpringerx

overlordpringerx Registered User

Spain
    Because I smell cheap power up and/or wasted potential for meliodas

5. Gut's is the man

United States
    what exactly do you fear might be wasted?

6. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Fire Nation
    Damn, MS is definitely getting overconfident with nanatsu.... We need someone else to start translating it. Granted we already have the bulk of the chapter translated but still....

7. Gut's is the man

United States
    It really is becoming little more then a massive pain in the ass by now.

8. FKS

FKS Mangahelper

Mangahelper

France
    Monday-Tuesday were the norm back in the day but the late RHS wouldn't be this late.

On a different note, the digital copy will come out in a little over 10 minutes. The feel when I get to read the entire chapter before MS releases their scans.
    So, the start goes like this:
    Everyone is surprised about the disbandment and Meliodas gets asked if he understands every word he's said.
    Merlin asks him what the method to save Elizabeth is, a question that goes unanswered.
    Meliodas tells the group he will become the Demon King, leaving them shocked.
    Hawk proceeds to transform and go remind Meliodas who he actually is, that is being the Seven Deadly Sins' captain and the bartender of an inn where horribly bad food is served.
    Meliodas retorts "Did you think I wouldn't have noticed it already…?" and grabs Hawk.
    *Next page we've already seen.*
    Elizabeth tries to stop him, saying he shouldn't pick up the foolish option for her sake.
    Meliodas tells Chandler they're leaving. And they do so, leaving the Sins behind.
    *You know the rest already.*

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  9. Gut's is the man

United States
    Why is becoming the demon king so bad? he could order them to stop and return to their realm leaving Britannia alone. I think the Sin's are being self righteous and self-centered assholes like FT were during most of Alvarez

10. baditz

baditz Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Indonesia
    Its Belaluin is Merlin father?
    If so maybe they kill him because he can enter Purgatory, i m sure that place suppose to be DK secret place,
    But this Belaluin just enter DK secret chamber ofcurse they kill him.
    Even though maybe Belaluin is not Merlin father name, but place or clan name, Demon still kill them all so no 1 know how to enter Purgatory anymore.

11. CodeBreaker

CodeBreaker Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Macedonia
    Cuz one of the conditions for becoming the DK MIGHT be completely turning off ur emotions and becoming a ruthless killer
    Theres probably more conditions cuz it cant be that simple

12. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    Probably because doing so will have consequences for meliodas. Back in the day he would rather betray his clan and fight the demon king rather than just wait a bit longer to become demon king and end the conflict. I am guessing that if meliodas does become demon king he will likely lose himself and become something similar to his father.

13. Elizabeth Ravenblue

Elizabeth Ravenblue Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Spain
  14. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Furniture

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Missed the panels with King punching the table and suffering :lmao.

The DK himself heard Mel saying that he will succeed him, I wonder what will Zeldris and Cusack do, Estarossa too.

Chandler doesn't care about all the drama now that his disciple is back :XD.

danh, Elizabeth Ravenblue and Undina like this.
  15. eefrit

eefrit Mr. Mistake

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United States
    This was better than last week's chapter. I kind of wish we had a double release last week and that previous chapter was immediately followed up with this one.

Hawk being the link to Purgatory is pretty surprising. We knew he was special, but not this special. Makes me wonder what the hell Mama Hawk is connected to, if she isn't connected to it as well. It's interesting that the Sins have several means to go to several worlds in their animal companions. On the flip side, it's yet another thing Mel decided to keep from his pals after all of this nonsense. I mean, there isn't much they could've done with the knowledge, but hey, it would be nice to fill folks in about that. At least let Merlin know.

Merlin's father...eh, looks pretty unimpressive. I have my doubts that he's her father to be honest. The way he was dropped in here, face fully revealed, and unceremoniously turned into a cripple makes me think he isn't much of a major influence in her life. Plus, something tells me he won't exactly be a decent fellow by the time her Gaiden rolls around. His Owl staff is pretty neat though. Also, good eyes to the people who noticed the albion. Merlin's people were definitely linked to the Demon Clan somehow.

And Ban enters the Nanatsu no Taizai version of the Hyberbolic Time Chamber that's mixed with the Gourmet World. He should come back decently strong after all this. Don't have a problem with this because, hey, it's a Hyperbolic Time Chamber. How he retrieves Mel's emotions will be another thing, though. That has the potential to be bullcrap.

16. Epic_Escanor

Epic_Escanor Registered User

United States
    I dont know what are you guys saying about Ban but you guys definitely didnt get the whole point. You guys are talking shit about power level yadi yadi yada yada, give me a break. Look Ban is up for an empicable task as the weakest SIN, as of the moment, getting his bestfriend soul to a one hell of a place from the strongest character, Demon King. Ban just didnt have me a respect but proves hes the strongest above all despite the weakest SIN.

17. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    I think nakaba has mentioned the guy before. Nakaba said merlin had a teacher whom she quickly surpassed. I am thinking that would be this man and that he indeed isn't merlin's biological father. That said, we don't know what capital merlin is talking about. Since belialuin is a place it could have easily been their capital... I also have my doubts about this hinting at a connection to demons. If the guy was the elder sage and chief then that sounds like he was pretty much the place's boss. Honestly, I am thinking merlin belonged to a 6th clan that was basically genocided by demons.

What albions though? I didn't see any.
    Seeing the chapter though... Is it possible that purgatory actually IS the demon world?

18. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Furniture

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    I find that their hair, eyes and the shape of their heads are similar. He is probably her father.

Merlin quickly surpassed her teacher but I don't think anyone could have managed to find an entrance to the Purgatory. If it's indeed her father, he was probably not her teacher, not her first at least. He was the leader in their city.

19. Gut's is the man

United States
    true.

20. Undina

Undina Registered User

Romania
    [​IMG]
    Well,since Hellblaze is also called Flames of Purgatory and "hell" itself is essentially considered the homeland of demons, to me it makes sense they'd be the same, especially since it'd mirror the situation of most of the GC who seem to be stranded in their Celestial Realm.
    Why wouldn't he have been any of her teachers?! In sorcerer families, children often learn their basics from similarly inclined parents,especially if they have a good relationship. He smiled at her as he entered Purgatory,I'd say he was her main teacher and her first "emotional" reason to stop her time.

Arjuna and Elizabeth Ravenblue like this.