1. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. Congratulations to goldb for winning the Friends Photography contest!, and as always, well done to the other participants!.

Voting has begun for the Special Halloween Art Contest
    Witch.

Also there is a special announcement regarding the Winter Art Contest, so please Read up!
  4. This year's Community Awards have ended. Check out the results HERE!
  5. The very first Magi Awards have begun! Nominate your favorite Moments and Characters now!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 243 Discussion / 244 Predictions

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by eefrit, Nov 9, 2017.

?

Who is the princess?

1. Elizabeth

14 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Margaret

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. Veronica

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. A new character in the Purgatory

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  5. Someone else

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. LaserBeam

LaserBeam Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Greece

Here they are man do you seem them now ?

[​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 14, 2017 at 10:03 PM ---

You beat me to it ...

Undina likes this.
  2. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Germany
    Meliodas decided to become the Demon King after all... I told you that a "deal" with Zeldris about the throne is out of the question for "this" Meliodas.
    Even if he regained his emotions, becoming the DK is one of the best things he can do in order to achieve peace with other clans.

Undina likes this.
  3. Chucky907

Chucky907 Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United Kingdom
    I think Ban's immortal blood is from the Purgatory realm

I hope Ban will learn upgrade Snatch allow he able steal magic from power up during Purgatory realm because Ban need steal strong magic like remove the commendment curse from wielder to protect allies from enemies and other magics like of Zeldris's god could be very cool

4. MrSchmitty7

MrSchmitty7 Registered User

United States
    His blood's from the fountain of youth from the fairy king's forest. In the OVA he used his blood to regrow the forest and noted that it only worked because his blood was the fountain of youth. If it was demon's blood that wouldn't be possible.

Plus demon's cannot heal on the level that Ban is able to do so, so his power is something else entirely.

5. FKS

FKS Mangahelper

Mangahelper

France
    Looks like MS didn't get the cover page this week. I now see why they were so late.
    Anyway, here it is:
    [​IMG]

6. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Fire Nation
    I wonder how exactly this place will work as a hyperbolic time chamber for ban. Perhaps the very climate will be so extreme that it will basically be training for ban? I guess fighting and perhaps even being endlessly devoured by monsters will play a role....

7. baditz

baditz Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Indonesia
    What if Hawk, or mama hawk is beast from Purgatory,,
    The pigs sure weird creature, not even Mel or Merlin understand what up with this pig.

8. eefrit

eefrit Mr. Mistake

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United States
    Yeah, I'm thinking he'll have to endlessly fight the monsters and spirits during his stay there. Depending on how long he's in there, he could be in there for several centuries. Hell, a single day will be around 1440 years for Ban. Spending that many years fighting should definitely increase his power beyond the normal limits of a human.

Even if he doesn't fight that many monster, should he reach the Demon King, fighting him enough should increase his power, despite the fact that, to Ban, it wouldn't seem like he's making much progress since the Demon King is so powerful. As long as he still loses, I would be fine with it. Plus, Ban would have first hand experience on the Demon King which he could share with the team, unlike some folks.

MOLESTERMAN likes this.
  9. Sajuukkhar

Sajuukkhar Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    I doubt he will be in there for more then a few hours. He still has to get back with Mel's emotions, and return them, likely before Eli dies in the next day or so.

10. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

India
    Time passes differently in the Purgatory.One minute in the outside world is equivalent to a year or maybe even more in the purgatory as Space-Time is wrapped there.
    -------

A Good chapter once again.

So Meliodas wants to be the new Demon King.This may be the best course of action now.He becomes the King and if he gets his father's power he may save Elizabeth.Or he may order Zeldris to do so.

But ultimately his position may help bring about a peace among all Clans.

The Purgatory is similar to the Hyperbolic time chamber.Simply staying there would make Ban grow lot of stronger.But whether he will be able to bring the emotions remains to be seen though chances are high he will be able to.

Overall,I give this chapter 9/10.

Undina likes this.
  11. LaserBeam

Greece
    I am gonna go a bit off chapter but do you guys think there is a change we may see ban sister?

We know she died perhaps her soul is in the purgatory ? who knows and maybe ban will want to make it up for letting his sister die or something

12. Undina

Undina Registered User

Romania
    Not if she already reincarnated into Jericho, though that would make the scene where he saved her from her demon parasyte during the Kingdom Infiltration pretty disturbing. And it would mean Jericho mistook her supernatural link to him for attraction:gwah

LaserBeam likes this.
  13. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Furniture

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    No. Meliodas and other Demons have the Demon Realm as birthplace. Merlin said in this chapter that Meliodas can go there withotu trouble because of his curse. Without it, he would be affected by it like Merlin's father.

IIRC Nakaba said someone taught her the basics and she quickly surpassed him. I believe he taught her, but not that he was the one who taught her the basics. So, not the one mentioned in the Q&A corner.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 1:57 PM
  14. eefrit

eefrit Mr. Mistake

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United States
    I'm thinking he was the one who taught her the basics and he stopped training her because he was jealous of her. I'm thinking it was Gowther Sr. who taught her everything else before letting her do her own thing, and that's how she met and learned to care for our Gowther.

15. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    I doubt merlin was ever her apprentice in any official fashion. There are two reasons for this:

1.- Elizabeth speaks of when merlin was 10 years old or so (don't recall the exact number). Gowther Sr had been imprisoned for 500 when he was released. So for this to make sense elizabeth probably even meliodas would have to have met chibi merlin more than 500 years before gowther sr was released and then merlin would have had to spend enough time with the guy until he was imprisoned.

2.- Nakaba said merlin had a master whom she quickly surpassed. Gowther Sr doesn't seem like the sort of person you quickly surpass. Mostly because his skill is so incredible it was acknowledged by even the demon king, who by NNT standards is a god, and he even gave doll gowther life. If the master nakaba spoke of was the sage we see this chapter then it makes sense merlin didn't have any masters after him. The sage, unless he got there via tricking people or something, was presumably competent given that his position as elder sage would imply some level of competence. Meaning that odds are that even before he passed away merlin was already more than capable of doing stuff on her own.

16. LaserBeam

Greece
    I think nakaba said something like his sister died from hunger ? if i remember well now i can only imagine in my mind a scene when his sister soul is bring the blame to ban for letting her die or something that would feel so sad though if a scene like this will happen in the purgatory :D

17. Sajuukkhar

Sajuukkhar Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    I am aware.... which is why I said what I said. I don't really get the point of this response.

He is going to be in there for a few hours, or about 180-200ish years. Not a full day since he still has to get back with MEl's emotions, and get them to him, before Eli dies.

18. Kurisubestwaifu

Kurisubestwaifu Registered User

Portugal
    HOLY SH**!! When Merlin was describing the purgatory and consequences of going there being that there might be the possibility of no returning (or even if they do they return all rotten stuff) i was like "Hum i wonder how that would affect Ban since he's immortal? It would be interesting to know". Next panel he candidates to go and i am like, welp that escalated quickly! Damn such an interesting chapter, and to think all this time Hawk was conected to Purgatory haha. This little pig doesn't cease to amuse me. Now i wonder how Ban will be able to manage to find the demon king, and even if he does he doesn't stand a chance even being immortal :/ there will have to be plot devices in action here

19. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

Fire Nation
    Gotta wonder though, if purgatory is a place where souls get basically tortured and feasted on then WTF is hell like? Wasn't the implication before that if a soul gets eaten it doesn't exist anywhere?
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 15, 2017 at 5:02 PM, Original Post Date: Nov 15, 2017 at 4:28 PM ---
    And I gotta wonder... does the demon king even have meliodas' emotions? If he does, can ban take them? It's emotions, how would they even have a form ban can steal? The whole emotion stealing thing makes little sense to me to be honest. I want to call bullshit on something, but I just can't place my finger on it yet. Ok, gonna give it a go:

Back when we saw meliodas at purgatory the demon king made the point that he was devouring meliodas' emotions. Which resulted in meliodas turning more evil.

Now, when escanor and meliodas fought we heard the demon king being ectatic at how things were turning out. Meliodas was overwhelmed by darkness and he reverted to his former commandment self.

Now the big question for me, why is meliodas becoming as he was a good thing? The demon king is supposedly devouring meliodas' emotions. And by that returning to full power. However if he simply reverts then in theory there shouldn't be emotions for the demon king to devour. So how exactly does it help the demon king if meliodas becomes evil on his own? Is the demon king's endgame to return to escape purgatory? Because it looks like meliodas' "good" emotions are actually important if that is the demon king's endgame.

And another thing, is the demon king even feeding of this emotions? When demons eat souls they kinda stop existing as far as the manga has told us. You'd think that something similar would be happening if the demon king devoured meliodas emotions. And even then, why does the demon king benefit from devouring good emotions? From a demon's perspective it didn't seem like they did meliodas any good, they might have even literally weakened meliodas. Why would they make the demon king stronger?

Now, the demon king definitely took meliodas' emotions, it's just weird that he would actually use them to strengthen himself. Another weird bit is this:
    https://mangafox.me/manga/nanatsu_no_taizai/vTBD/c235/6.html

The demon king makes the point that it was him who cursed elizabeth. So.... If he cursed elizabeth, did he also curse meliodas or was that the supreme goddess' doing? If it was the supreme goddess that cursed meliodas then does that mean the supreme goddess cursed meliodas to bring back the demon king and the demon king cursed elizabeth to bring back the supreme goddess?

Is... the supreme goddess in purgatory with the demon king?

Anyways, there absolutely is a some serious bullshit in all of this because it is all needlessly complicated and mostly makes no sense. At the moment my working theory would be that the demon king and supreme goddess are working together to revive each other. Maybe because even though they are gods with the ability to rule over life they couldn't revive themselves. Maybe it even is the supreme goddess that is actually taking meliodas' emotions in order to revive. Though how elizabeth's deaths play into the supreme goddess revival is beyond me at this point. And if the demon king is giving meliodas' emotions to the supreme goddess then it makes sense that it is elizabeth's deaths that bring back the demon king.

Anyways, am I missing something that makes any of this make any amount of sense? Cause it smells like bullshit, I just don't know where the smell is coming from. Alternatively, it comes from everywhere... That said, I don't mean "bullshit" in a bad way. I mean it in a good way and nakaba simply hasn't revealed everything concerning the plot. Nakaba lies to us readers a lot and there are plenty of lies to figure out here.

20. Undina

Undina Registered User

Romania
    Kilia died when she was 4, far too immature to accuse anyone or even to understand the concept of death, if there's any such scene in Purgatory, I expect it to be an illusion caused by the environment or any monstrous inhabitant, not a reaction from a very young child. Even Ellen and her brother seemed older and more self-aware.
    I'm thinking "purgatory" and "hell" are in this story the same thing, keep in mind that the concept of "Purgatory" as separate from Paradise or Hell is only a "thing" in the Roman Catholic branch and some often coalesce the 2(hell and purgatory), besides, I'm not even sure what terminology was used for "purgatory" in Japanese). Also keep in mind Nakaba has mixed a lot of beliefs and cultures here and we know that reincarnation happens to the characters, which is a phenomenon non-existent in any recognised branch of Christianity,Judaism or Islam, so I think Nakaba simply mixed them. The only hint at Heaven here is the Celestial Realm, where the Goddess Clan resides and the only place truly reminiscent of Purgatory is the Capital of the Dead. There are plenty of versions for the Underworld here, hardly any impartial judges:gwah.

The SG must be exiled to the CR:derp(serves her good), and I'm getting the feeling that if the change in the curse caster(s) is intentional, then Elizabeth misunderstood at least part of the curse and Nakaba intends to paint the SG into a passive by-stander to the "revival" measure, or completely un-involved...maybe she was ok with killing the kids for their "crimes", but disapproved of the curses, the goddesses are nasty themselves, but maybe there's something to differentiate her from the DK(she's more self-righteous and straightforward, he sneakier for example).