1. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. The 2018 Art Contest Year has finally begun!!

It's time for a new contest, next we have Romance Poem. Showcase your writing skills!
  4. The MangaHelpers Anime Awards 2018 have ended! Celebrate the winners now!
  5. MangaHelpers Oscars Contest 2018 is up and running! Select your winners now!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 254 Discussion / 255 Predictions

Discussion in 'Capital of the Dead' started by FKS, Feb 7, 2018.

1. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Fire Nation
    I would think neither of them has an idea of who cursed whom. Since at the time they were cursed they were also killed. It is very likely that both assume each was cursed by their respective parent. In turn the demon king suggests each cursed the other's child. Since he did this along with the SG I would think he is the more believable source. On the other hand there is the slight possibility the demon king lied to zeldris but then again I have no idea of what the endgame for that could be.

Undina likes this.
  2. The Prince of Darkness

The Prince of Darkness Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

France
    The 2 chapters are for this week ?

3. eefrit

eefrit Dance in the Water and Not Get Wet

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

United States
    They were cursed and killed at the same time, but somehow, Eli was able to figure out that they were cursed in the first place. And Meliodas only found out they were cursed thanks to her. Maybe she herself got the wrong information, but it'd be weird that the Supreme Deity would curse Mel to not only revive and return to his original strength, but be sent to Purgatory to help revive the Demon King.

Plus, these two know the full intricacies of how these curses work and what happens if they are cured of them. If they have all of this knowledge, I'm going to bet they know who cursed them.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  4. OtakuFreak

OtakuFreak Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United Kingdom
    @eefrit @Undina @kkck

The Gods combined their powers in order to create the curses that they placed on their children. Whilst this isn't factually stated yet, it isn't unbelievable since the curses themselves transcend time and space - something that even the Gods might struggle to achieve individually. This might be the specific reason why they joined forces temporarily, in the holy war, to curse their children. Elizabeth also describes that her mother, the Supreme Deity, and Meliodas father, the Demon King, "placed this curse upon us" - rather than explaining it in terms such as "My mother cursed me while your father cursed you".

Meliodas even described that regardless of which power type you have, as long as it is the equivalent power of the Supreme Deity or the Demon King, you can break both curses - suggesting both Gods are responsible for both curses, since he didn't explain it as "Equivalent power of SD =Elizabeth's curse broken. DK = Meliodas curse broken".

The Supreme Deity and Demon King are too friendly with each other - to be honest I think they cursed both of their children in order to ascertain their resurrection after the holy war while making their children suffer for their actions.

I have a feeling that the SD and DK have a neutral stance to each other since they are the Gods of the series. They'll be the final villains imo

Arjuna and Bojan like this.
  5. FKS

FKS Mangahelper

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Mangahelper

France
    I've got something for you.
    Here's the source: http://www.shonenmagazine.com/smaga/index.html
    What interests us is this text: 2週連続Cカラー! さらに、応募必至の特別企画! 鈴木央先生の生原稿プレゼントも!!
    Translation: Center colors for two weeks straight! Moreover, there's a subscription-bound special plan! And also Suzuki Nakaba-sensei's handdrawn manuscript as a present!!

Soooooooo MS fucked up their conveying these informations.

Original version: https://i.imgur.com/r9iPtjS.jpg
    Nope, not a mistranslation.

6. Bojan

Bojan Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Macedonia
    That, and probably if they fight eachother it will be the end of the world if two beings with such power fight seriously (even though they are both at 50%).

7. Xamika

Xamika Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Sweden
    Yeah, having a lover who's alive and kicking certainly beats not having seen yours for 3,000 years after sealing her and her entire clan.
    But it's not like Zeldris really has a choice in helping Meliodas, the only shot he has in becoming Demon King and fulfilling his ambition is allowing Meliodas to give him those powers after he breaks the curse. What else can he do than to strike a deal with him? They both want the same thing after all, being with their loved ones.
    And Meliodas is just as determined to save Elizabeth as she is saving him, not to mention that Meliodas' chances in becoming Demon King are higher with his brothers helping him out.

8. eefrit

Mangahelper

United States
    I figured as long as you have power equal to or greater than either, you could just break the curse regardless of who did it because you have the power. Mel can break both of their curses if he has the Demon King's power. If Eli was cursed by the Demon King, then the Supreme Deity would be able to break it as Ludociel told Eli that she would be willing to do so if she came back to their side.

I don't think they were cursed by both due to the Demon King's words and Mel's words linked last page. We don't know if Mel is right or if the DK is right, but they make it clear both the DK and the SD placed individual curses on Eli and Mel. Otherwise, I think they would have worded it differently. Plus, thematically, it'd make sense for parents to choose their own punishment for their child rather than letting someone else do it, and I know the series isn't going to imply that the DK and SD have been getting it on behind everyone's back. That wouldn't be a good look for Eli and Mel.

Undina likes this.
  9. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

United States
    I pretty sure in order to break their curse, Meliodas needs the power of a God to undo the spell

It doesn’t matter if it’s the DK or SD as long as the power is on their level
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 13, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 13, 2018 ---
    I find it funny that the DK actually used Meliodas as an opportunity to form a contingency plan for his revival but the SD didn’t

Whatever they did to nerf themselves into leaving their respective realms caused them to be defeated

Undina likes this.
  10. Undina

Undina Registered User

Romania
    I'm not arguing about Zeldris having a choice, I'm more bothered by him turning out to be not as intelligent as a proactive would be leader and heir to an extremely powerful clan is expected to be. Sure, I'd like for the relationship between these 2 brothers to be salvageable, but Mel still botched it if he went along with Gelda's plea and ruined Zel's plans for a future with the woman he loves, and Zeldris should've guessed something really bad must've happened to her when he realised Meliodas and the Sins wrecked Edinburgh. Why else did he order the TC to head there right after the unsealing, if he wasn't looking for Gelda?
    Him trying to pull jokes on Meliodas is entertaining, but he's making a fool of himself when he seems to not be suspecting anything about his lover's complete absence from the present Britannia after visiting the ruins(courtesy of the 7DS) of Edinburgh and picking on a very similar subject regarding his brother's love life. He's basically the pot calling the kettle black:D

11. eefrit

Mangahelper

United States
    His girl is dead, but he can still lord the fact that she didn't run away from him over Mel.

Zel: "Hmph, so your woman ran away from you."
    Mel: "Your woman is dead."
    Zel: "At least I know where she is, what's your excuse?"
    Mel: "..."

12. Undina

Undina Registered User

Romania
    Zel: "Hmph, so your woman ran away from you"
    Mel: "At least she intends to come back.You know, from Lyonesse, where I told you I last spotted her 5 seconds ago. Yours got bored to death, waiting for you. She actually begged me to end her suffering":pwned
    Zel: "...":gwah:emocat

13. Aetherventus258

Aetherventus258 Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Venezuela
    [QUOTE = "sobreno, post: 4709969, miembro: 199623"] Imagina si Cath, como Hawk, es el portal que usa la Deidad Suprema para ver a Arthur? [/ QUOTE]
    Triggered XD

14. eefrit

Mangahelper

United States
    Zel: "Thanks for that by the way. It's a shame, but I'm sure she's found comfort in the afterlife. Besides, it's not like she's been through 106 deaths. Oh, my mistake, maybe we should bump that up to 107."

Speaking Zeldris, I wonder if we'll finally see his magic next week.

15. Piety

Piety Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Gotei 13
    Little bit of a theory/scene crafting. Where do demons go to when they die. Where will Galan go? Purgatory? If this is correct, I feel like when we get to see ban next it will be a cool rematch against Galan vs Ban. Galan thinking why are you hear oh well let's fight but this time Ban will be way stronger and we get to see another ass kicking towards Galan to show off how strong Ban has gotten.

Aetherventus258 likes this.
  16. Aetherventus258

Aetherventus258 Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Venezuela
    but that would only be if the DK gives him physical form if we go to chapter 183 the demon king tells meliodas that he was the one who allowed him to be in that form, so it's unlikely he'll be handsome to fight against Ban.

17. Undina

Undina Registered User

Romania
    Mel: "You're welcome, bro, it's good to hear I could do you a solid in getting rid of the girlfriend you, obviously, never loved. And it's ok, at least me and my woman were important enough to those idiotic gods for them to got through the "effort". She may get thrown back quite a lot, but she always keeps coming back for more. I sometimes wonder, what did I ever do to become so popular:bishie: daddy won't let go of me, girlfriend either, I have a gaggle of friends who'd do anything to keep me around. By the way, how did you manage to lose most of the TC team in only a couple of months?! I mean, I openly betrayed the clan and that still went down with only those 2 obscure members dying."

I do hope we get the formal description of "God",next week, but that depends on if he gets to fight. You think he's gonna be the one to 1 Vs 1 Arthur? What if it's one or both masters who take charge claiming Arthur is not worth the princes' time/effort? I'm also curious about "the Napping Reaper"'s abilities and I'm still expecting Nanashi to join in as well, maybe we end up with any variation of 2 VS 2. I remember that Arthur and Mel ironically duo-ed Hendy and Gil during the infiltration arc.
    I wonder if Nanashi is as easy to deal with as Cath was. Maybe he has better dodging abilities.
    And what the hell did Cusack mean with that off-hand answer to Chandler's question this chapter?!? Something trivial?
    At least we should be able to get confirmation/invalidation of the theories surrounding Excalibur.

18. sobreno

sobreno Registered User

Djibouti
    You are really funny, Humans are mere food for the Demons, in the same that chicken is a very good food for some humans. I will not die if I don't eat a chicken but I love his taste since I was a Kid, so I can't help it, same for the fish.
    Same logic with the Demons, not only it is proved that the taste of souls is their favorite meal ( databook ) but it is rich in proteins for them ( aka give them magic mana or supply mana ).
    So in the name of what they will stop eating their favorites meal? They are predators by nature.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 14, 2018 ---
    So, there are two chapters for this week or not? I am confused with " center colors for two weeks straight! "

19. FKS

FKS Mangahelper

Mangahelper

France
    It simply means two chapters (one for a week) will get color pages, not that hard to understand.
    There was never a double chapter for this Friday or whatever.

20. sobreno

sobreno Registered User

Djibouti
    Yep, thanks.