1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  3. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  4. Submissions for Retro Banner Contest has begun. Bring back your old memories!

Voting has begun for the Magic Short Story Contest. Pick your favorite piece!

Congratulations to Valhalla777 for winning the Landmark Photography Art Contest !
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 266 Discussion / 267-268 Predictions

Discussion in 'Capital of the Dead' started by eefrit, May 10, 2018.

1. Gut's is the man

Gut's is the man Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    Given how the next chapter is called from the heavens. My bet is that while all this going on the goddess clan descends from the sky palaces to conquer brittania.

2. Commanderaxe

Commanderaxe Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    Kinda like the angels falling from heaven in Supernatural

[​IMG]

Sick af

3. afromarco005

afromarco005 Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

France
    I have a theory after reading the last two chapters.

I think that either:
    • Escanor as a baby/infant found or was given an object by Rosa that was containing maels soul, and unconciously got posessed by the archangel but retained his conciousness while gaining acesss to sunshine or was in a Dreyfus state where he can use the body but Mael is somewhere inside of him
    • Or he is Mael but has for some reason been reincarnated in a human body and lost all of his memories
    In any case, as we can see in the latest chapters his human body is reaching its limits and soon wont be able to keep the grace, so I predict a Mael comeback at the last moment when all seems lost emerging from the dying body of Escanor

4. Bøjan

Bøjan Registered User

Macedonia
    Mael was confirmed dead, wasn't he? There would be no ponit for Nakaba to "revive" Mael back to the story now..

5. afromarco005

afromarco005 Registered User

France
    His strenght would be welcome to help defeat 5 commandements meliodas maybe in a Elizabeth vs induras fashion, cause right now they need a miracle or Merlin's perfect cube hax.

Aldan likes this.
  6. OtakuFreak

OtakuFreak Registered User

United Kingdom
    Nah, to defeat 5 commandments Meliodas I can see one of the AA's taking all Four Graces into themselves.

Doubt Mael with sunshine could even stop Meliodas with 5 commandments anyway.

Bøjan likes this.
  7. Bøjan

Bøjan Registered User

Macedonia
    And that is IF they can even do that, from the Demon Clan only the royal family can and only the strongest ones can (Zeldris and Meliodas). If absorbing graces is possible, i can only see Elizabeth being able to do that without any consequences like Estarossa for example.

OtakuFreak likes this.
  8. Meliodaf

Meliodaf Registered User

United States
    What if Escanor being blessed with the goddesses grace is really a part of a ploy to bring back Mael.

It's not likely but it's possible

9. OtakuFreak

OtakuFreak Registered User

United Kingdom
    Sariel, Tarmiel and Ludoshel wouldn't have been like ''lol wtf give sunshine back'' if that was the case.

From what I can deduce, the Goddesses didn't intend to hand over sunshine to Escanor, a human.

And I heavily doubt Mael can be revived, he seems permanently dead to me.

Honestly, if I had to guess I'd say Rosa is a Goddess (probably royalty too) and gave sunshine to Escanor for some strange reason.

10. titantron91

titantron91 Registered User

Philippines
    I haven't gone balls-deep into everyone's recent posts but I'll have to agree that Demons are worse than Goddesses.

1. Everyone was victimized by Demons.
    Every other race hates Demons long before Stigma was formed because of this. It was actually the main reason Stigma was formed.

2. Goddesses never fucked up human souls the way Demons did.
    Goddesses may take human bodies but they don't eat human souls for sustenance. Once they eat a human soul, it never goes through reincarnation or after life. It just ceases to exist. Demons can't give two squirts of urine about it.

3. Other than Meliodas, who clearly got influenced by Elizabeth, do you know any Demon that directly gave a fuck about a human life?
    At least Sariel and Tarmiel respected their hosts.
    Jenna and Zaneli are forgiving of Hendrickson's betrayal.
    At least Rou and his friends gave a shit about a weakened demon's life... at the cost of their village.

4. Demon's can't even lower their pride and treat other races as equals.
    Demons would rather treat everyone as livestock or sparring dummies.
    At least Goddesses can pretend to treat them as equals.

5. If a Demon gave you even an ounce of respect, it's probably because you survived long or are strong enough for them to give it to you... and are not a Goddess wanker.

6. Demons know their Darkness and demonic energies do others more bad than good, but they don't give two shits about that and just go on about their lives corrupting and destroying everything on their path.

Not saying that Demons are absolutely evil and other races aren't even half as evil. Other races have bad apples.
    It's just that based on what's revealed already, Demons are the vilest race in the manga.

Evil rankings
    1. Demons (powerful, domineering, destructive)
    2. Goddesses (powerful, manipulative)
    3. Humans (weak but can be cunning)
    4. Giants (somewhat powerful but not as cunning as humans)
    5. Fairies (mostly weak, magically gifted, but reclusive)

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 1:05 PM
    Aldan likes this.
  11. Aldan

Aldan Registered User

Australia
    I used the term salvation loosely. It changes nothing. You don't end your own craving and desire by being eaten. Clearly, all the souls that are consumed experience immense pain and a frantic desire to continue living. Eating souls is murder, and in a universe where an afterlife DOES exist, the concept of ending the cycle of reincarnation or depriving them from moving on is a revolting practice beyond words. Nothing can justify any demon eating another creature's soul.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 17, 2018 at 4:33 AM, Original Post Date: May 17, 2018 at 4:29 AM ---
    I miss Merlin...we'd better see more of those secret demon arts used with Infinity

12. Meliodaf

Meliodaf Registered User

United States
    They don't have to know. And they did note that no human should be able to hold a grace. Maybe Mael residing Escanor is what makes it possible at least for a time because he did get sick out of nowhere and I expect that plot thread to resurface at some. It could be next chapter given the length.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 17, 2018 at 4:40 AM, Original Post Date: May 17, 2018 at 4:38 AM ---
    4 is a bad point. That's really just saying neither treat other races as equals.

13. titantron91

Philippines
    I get your point but...
    Goddess-Human relationship still has a narrower gap compared to Demon-Human relationship.
    If you add up all instances, Goddesses give human life and dignity more value than Demons do.

Meliodaf and Aldan like this.
  14. Aldan

Aldan Registered User

Australia
    Yeah. At least goddesses arent slaughtering humans en masse. The demons sacrifice souls to get their powder back. The goddesses just borrow bodies with consent and 2/3 treat them with respect

15. Gut's is the man

United States
    you mean a race that aided and abetted in the genocide of the demon race and ganged up on them?

16. LssJBroly

LssJBroly Registered User

New Zealand
    In regards to Rosa, I think the ring she is wearing is somehow important to the mystery surrounding her.

OtakuFreak likes this.
  17. danh

danh Registered User

Japan
    Hm.... I think 4 graces absorbance = 10 commandments absorbance

OtakuFreak likes this.
  18. titantron91

Philippines
    Four races terrorized by one.
    One race had the gall to do that to four.
    Do the four races have any other choice when Demons didn't even opt for diplomacy with Giants, Fairies, and Humans?

They agreed with peace treaties with the Goddesses because warring with them would incur too much loss.

Demons never opted to do that with the rest because they're no match to Demons anyway. What did humans, giants, and fairies actually do to deserve being razed by Demons?

On one hand, a proud race willing to ally with 3 others and lead them to eliminate a common enemy (soldiers and civilians) for the survival of all 4 of them.

On the other, a proud race killing and razing 4 other races (soldiers and civilians) for sport, food, and domination just because they can.

It's unbelievably easy to determine which one is the lesser evil between the two.

AL-kar and danh like this.
  19. Gut's is the man

United States
    Except it was never sated if the demons were terrorizing the other four without being manipulated by the goddess. (Remember they have brainwashing as a natural ability among their leaders. While brainwashing was only done by two individual of the demonss.)

20. Aldan

Aldan Registered User

Australia
    The only humans shown in Stigma slaughtered them. They were disparaged and mocked as weak by every race, but their actions actually aided the demons. So yes, I do mean them.