Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 289 Discussion / 290 Predictions

Discussion in 'Capital of the Dead' started by eefrit, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Mighty Escanor

Mighty Escanor Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Australia
    I didn't mean to. Would you please tell me which part made you say it?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  2. Ger

Ger Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Canada
    Those whatever sentence put up DOES NOT MATTER as IT DOES NOT address my point so you're still in a trap where u need to prove that it was a continuation even tho if we use another series called fate stay night and there are characters that has spear technique the same as escanors that goes through but even tho it was in their body and got stabbed through but theres NO assumption as absurd as yours that it was still I nthe process. So you're basically assuming to me that escanors holy lance is a technique that still needs more time than just mere instantaneous penetration to go through someone's body. OK I GOT YOU. Thanks for clearing up your concession to me. Why does HOLDING BACK have to do with my arguments?? Are u even refuting my arguments correctly??? So please refute my arguments properly without being inconsistent in your arguments thanks.

Why IS Chandler not being able to use it in the first place HAVE TO DO WITH THIS???? the fact Chandler DID not know even back when he fought the 7DS that escanor had maels grace which is a strawman yet again.

I already implied escanor beat zeldris why is it this hard to understand??? I was debunking fanboys how yall saying that escanors holy lance did not go through because of Chandler even though i already brought the fact that chandlers action came right after. Nothing DEBUNKS my arguments not even the chapter debunks my arguments how his attacks landed as soon as he called out his technique and hit zeldris. NOTHING.

The fact that you're acting like I'm saying zeldris couldve won is your fault. So if you can to back to page 10 of this forum and read my initial argument at first u wouldnt be here looking all presumptuous on how i handled the current situation.

3. Mighty Escanor

Australia
    Wow dear @Ger, you are really thirsty of winning. :blinkYou even went that far to use a dictionary! But it still doesn't show which part of him was peneterated, perforated, punctured, pierced...., what kind of hole was made. :fail You are so blinded by your own pride that can't understand what the others are saying to you. In some senses, your personality is like day Escanor, so I might like you a bit more from now on. The fact that yoh think no one knows even the meaning of words is in fact hilarious. You are accusing me of sticking to my headcanons, while your explanation is fully based on your own mental image of a spear, an unshakable one. Which is also a wrong one tbh. Maybe you have never been familiar with the concept of defense or durability.
    By the way, it seems that you are one of the very few guys in the thread who sees the situation in this way, so helping you realize what's really going on isn't gonna have a big impact tbh. Have your own interpretation of the events and enjoy reading it anyways. And if it makes you feel any better, I admit defeat. Congrats, you won. Just like how Zel won in your opinion. YOU WON.
    won1
    /wʌn/

1. past and past participle of win.

won2
    /wɒn/
    noun
    noun: won; plural noun: won

4. BurlapJack

BurlapJack Registered User

American Samoa
    He broke you...didn't he?

All hail the almighty ger

5. The one who laugh

The one who laugh Registered User

Syria
    well 81 pages without me posting what shame :emobirb

lets first congrats escanor for defeating the 3 princes of darkness kinda :toc

Zel ability was really monstrous but what I am lost is first why didn't use it on esta vs esca :twitch second how Cusak was saying that esta was equal or stronger than zel I really don't understand doesn't he know the power of his favorite best boi :catshrug

Ludo did nice kinda in this chapter but I am still disappointed I expected much from him after mah brother and mah eli are on the same power of mel :errr

So about chandler why he didn't use full night from the start, :epicfacepalmI will not say it is plot hole till next chapter but I guess it is :feelsgoodman

The chapter was nice overall :wtf

but the salt is going crazy :m3j literary what I am seeing :wussfight

Just enjoy the chapter:true

6. TarXan

TarXan Registered User

United States
    Jesus Christ y’all are insane, had it not been for Chandler Holy Lance would’ve obliterated Zeldris’ upper body....

Escanor transformed before he could fully pierce Zeldris

If Escanor can put AM Mel in a mini coma by barely touching him..... there’s no way Zel could’ve survived actually contact with a full attack from The One

7. Gut's is the man

Gut's is the man Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    Meliodas did. Heck we saw Zeldris block the very attack that one shotted Mel with his magic.

8. Crimson Ice

Crimson Ice Registered User

The Wall
    You're reaching, you beat your opponent by incapacitating them, something Chandler didn't do. You're reaching, Escanor is fine and will be back up soon.

9. MrSchmitty7

MrSchmitty7 Registered User

United States
    Why do you even come here and debate with people if in your mind they’re always wrong and you’re always right?

10. TrueDragon

TrueDragon Registered User

St Lucia
    Chibi reviews is late

11. shipleyy

shipleyy Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    I don’t even understand what this dude is rambling on about anymore
    All I keep seeing is “the fact” “debunked” “strawmanned” “argument” blah blah blah
    Come up with some new verbiage
    We’re here to talk about Taizai and this dude is just rambling over and over claiming he’s winning all these “debates” lmaooo

Talk about the chapter
    It’s not science or politics bruh bruh @Ger

There’s a lot of people in here who post really cool theories and ideas about this manga and all you do is berate people because they don’t think 100% like you
    Get over yourself

12. revo

revo ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Mangahelper

Argentina
    This is getting out of hand, enough with the Ger talk.
    You too @Ger just chill. When you quote someone, enough with being this salty, especially if there are users who don't like that.
    Also I don't get this type of 'intellectual debates' since we are just a bunch of people trying to enjoy some basic shonen manga. And as always, if some post bother you, there's the report option.

13. Ger

Ger Registered User

Canada
    I'm not salty at all. I was never salty zeldris lost. I came here based off the fact people been lying and not looking enough at a 100% right case by case and saying "Escanor stomped him in one go HAHAHAHAHAHA". It's getting repetitive.

14. revo

revo ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Mangahelper

Argentina
    That's not what I mean, I mean the way of expressing you're using when debate, no the idea you want to share.
    Nobody is lying here, everybody is just sharing their opinion. That's why I'm recommending you to calm down.
    Anyways let's stop this now.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  15. Mighty Escanor

Australia
    What made me feel really weird in this chapter, was the repetition of Escanor's power source debate. It's like everyone can just guess what happened to the grace of Mael. It reminds me of the time characters told themselves fake stories about Mael and Estarossa's past. I've got the feeling that something is wrong with the situation, very very wrong.

One one side, those who used to know Mael were all surprised to feel the presence of his grace in current timeline. First the Troll queen, then AAs, and now chandler. But among his current allies, no one has ever had such a strange feeling about Escanor.
    Mel should've necessary felt it, and given how he was affeted by OGowther's spell, there was no reason for him to hide this feeling, at least from Merlin.

Merlin was fully unaffected when the spell broke, so she didn't know Mael? Or she knew everything? So why should she describe Sunshine so inaccurately? Was it to save the spell from Mel's possible memory affects? Gowther after regaining his memories also remained silent. But was it wise to let Escanor fight where Chandler is present? She would hurry and do something about him too. The fact that she just waited idly and let Chandler do whatever he wants to stop Escanor is not compatible with the hypothesis of complete knowledge.

Howevrr, all these characters are very complicated, so all of my guesses can easily be 100% false. But there comes another character who should know Mael very well, and no reaction. Goddess Elizabeth saw Escanor the One fighting against AM Meliodas. Her memories were fully returned, and yet, still no response.:wonder
    How Chandler is more aware of the ability of a grace as well as his original wielder mord than a member of GC who happens to be the daughter of SD herself, and the one loved by Mael the sun.

This duality in the behavior of these two groups is very puzzling. And yet the same scenario has occurred for the third time now. What else have OGowther done to them?

16. shipleyy

shipleyy Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    Chandler recognizes the grace but others don’t which is very weird, but I’m not going to read too much into it right now. Hopefully, there is an explanation as to why he recognized it and everyone else, didn’t, but this is starting the set up for the reveal. Like Gowther said, awareness in the memories will lead to doubt.

17. Bittersweettea

Bittersweettea Registered User

Philippines
    Also, the timeline in the past is kinda wonky, especially with what were shown in Mael's flashbacks and the death of Glariza in the hands of Mael considering that OG Gowther should have already made doll Gowther in prison.

But I think that the best thing we could do is just wait for the moment when Nakaba reveals everything. We didn't even know how Elizabeth and Meliodas met in the first place and Nakaba already promised us that he will one day draw it. Let's just be patient and enjoy the current arc and don't stress ourselves with unsolvable mysteries.

18. Gut's is the man

Gut's is the man Registered User

United States
    Chandler has faced sun before. Maybe it's wielder before Mael?
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 14, 2018, Original Post Date: Nov 14, 2018 ---
    Merlin and Escanor's gaiden's drop.

19. Eiyuu Yami

Eiyuu Yami Registered User

Austria
    Wew... "The One" wank is reaching new heights. I hope we his PL in the next Databook.

I also wanted to see Cocoon Mel vs "The One" but i guess that won't happen now.

Guess it will be Ludociel in his original body that will fight Meliodas first after the latter came out of the cocoon.

20. Ger

Ger Registered User

Canada
    Even if ludo reverts to his original body would it make a drastic change?? The fact that it never implied going back to your original body would boost your magic powers by unknown multiplier. The only that was mentioned was when it they revert to their original bodies they can use their grace properly but thats only for tar and sar since their vessels are not close to Margaret which has affinity of magic.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 14, 2018, Original Post Date: Nov 14, 2018 ---
    Zeldris already stomped ludo without any effort and this is prior to his 2nd stage of demon mark.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.