Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 300 Discussion/ 301 Predictions

Rate The DK's sense of fashion...

• Total voters

Estarossa173

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
United States
I wonder though, can the DK die if that body is destroyed or if he’s kicked out or what? Can the gods even die in general?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Country
Fire Nation
I have a few thoughts on this chapter.

If the translation is right Meliodas from a potential standpoint, at least, is the strongest Demon.
Hawk is a lot of things but a coward is not one of them.
This explains why the Demon King “forgave” Meliodas. The reason was hiding in plain sight and Zeldris knew it was odd but never quite figured it out.
I don’t get how Ban can stand against the Demon King. He’s just a human and when he learned Gift it was said that he was giving his eternal life which he no longer has. I know his power level is definitely higher but I can’t quite figure that out.

I’m also more confident in my prediction now. The Demon King betrayed Zeldris who will now side with Sins. And I think E. Mel does somehow make an appearance. The Demon King said he would see Elizabeth’s lifeless body and he can’t do that unless he’s there.
Ban hasn't qualified as a human for a long time. And his time in purgatory changed him even further. his very flesh is capable of resisting the extreme conditions of purgatory with no adverse effect towards his final decades there. We saw how he didn't seem to experience neither pain nor burning nor freezing while there at the end. Odds are he could even surviving returning to purgatory without his immortality. Ban evolved both in mind and body. And before he he used gift to give his limitless stamina to the demon king thus weakening him but gift shouldn't be limited to just the fountain he lost. At worst the combination of gift and snatch is brutal since he has the potential to take power from around him and redistribute it however he sees fit.

It's plausible mel's emotions have already returned to their body.... I guess we will see soon.

Eternita

Country
United Kingdom
I do believe that absorbing the graces will work in the same way...
Perhaps that is how they may get out of this. Ludo or Mael will be like wait if we combine the graces then perhaps we could beat him and then BOOM SD appears and is like surpriseeeee mowhahahaha

He’s just a human and when he learned Gift it was said that he was giving his eternal life which he no longer has. I know his power level is definitely higher but I can’t quite figure that out.
This is it. He has gift which is the only reason he can stand against the DK. Im sure Ban will put up a good resistance, he has increased speed and technically should be highly resistant to fire and ice, the flame attacks the demons tend to use, ban will probably walk out of it.
I think there is nothing wrong with Ban AND King being able to own a good resistance and even dealing some degree of damage. Without his immortality i dont think the demon king will be capable of touching ban since his speed reaction, speed and resistance and strength have increased beyond human limit.
I don't think Ban has the power to defeat the DK on his own, and i doubt it. Ban literally could do nothing to the DK in purg but gift. And the DK isn't an idiot, when it comes to fighting he knows his stuff. So it will most likely be the same here. The sins will recover and i think together they will win.
But not sure what will happen because Escanor needs to recover his powers so something has to happen to Mael for that to happen. Diane and gowther need their moment to catch up with everyone.

So this battle could be going on for a few chapters (as it should). But its so hard to predict at the minute how nakaba wants things to go. I will get a better idea after seeing what Ban does next week, but atm i do think King and Ban are gonna epically tag team. And i do think once King is at full power he can indeed hurt the DK.
Nakaba literally is constantly reminding us King is near/at his limit, no magic power to fight etc etc. The repetition is most certainly intentional and showcases that King can indeed do something... or more importantly is at the stage where he can dish out blow to this possessed Mel. Same with Ban.

I just want Diane to have an epic "I AM MOTHER GAIA!!!" moment. Mature a little, get longer hair, and destroy the entire earth with one hit.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I wonder though, can the DK die if that body is destroyed or if he’s kicked out or what? Can the gods even die in general?
No he wont die.
And yes he can die. He is a demon not an actual god. His power is seen as godly but his nature is demon.

Boldon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Country
Switzerland
I do believe that absorbing the graces will work in the same way
We shouldn't believe that graces are similar to commandments

The sun grace alone could allow a human to beat the 10C

Graces and commandments are very different and we shouldn't assume anything about graces without confirmation in the manga

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Country
Fire Nation
Finally makes sense why DK was hell bent on destroying mel emotions as it is the only thing to prevent DK from possesing mel. But i am skeptical that this is DK endgame like his true body survived for more than 1 billion years and has access to magical knowledge that can just make him younger or stronger dont see how mel body is that important
I don't think the emotions were detrimental in that sense. The emotions got in the way but my take about it was that they only made meliodas into the sort of person that would actively avoid becoming demon king. And the same goes for zeldris. Zeldris was hellbent on becoming demon king until meliodas said "gelda" and he gave it up on the spot without a shred of hesitation. I am not entirely unsure of whether the emotions themselves would have made that big a difference before in regards to the demon king possessing either. When it comes to meliodas emotions I think they might be more relevant because of the extra power they might bring with them. The emotions spent a extremely long time basically training in purgatory, they should equate a power boost for meliodas. And if meliodas becomes more powerful then it makes sense he might be able to push the demon king out or take over. But that only applies if meliodas has not yet recovered his emotions.

I wasn’t aware that the SD could send a DEMON to a dimension that is known only to demons.

But whatever, who cursed who is irrelevant at this point. Nakaba should’ve clarified this.
You lost me. Purgatory is only known to demons? Since when? Purgatory is just a place where souls go as far as we know, it has little do with with any specific clan.

Eternita

Country
United Kingdom
We shouldn't believe that graces are similar to commandments

The sun grace alone could allow a human to beat the 10C

Graces and commandments are very different and we shouldn't assume anything about graces without confirmation in the manga
The confirmation comes from the fact that Sariel said they have basically created the same way, and we know they are the same in terms of the graces being part of the SD's power. They are hers at the end of the day. No one elses. The DK proved that no matter who absorbs them be it commandments or graces at the end of the day it is still the rulers power. It is part of them, that is why mel wont be keeping the commandments. So the person that has ultimate control over them is the true owner and DK and SD.
Of course they don't work in the same way, and im not gonna jump to that as a conclusion when it comes to possession, but i think its silly to dismiss that ability created from someone's powers when brought together even with graces won't have a similar effect with like how the dks powers is brought together.

I wasn’t aware that the SD could send a DEMON to a dimension that is known only to demons.
The sages knew about purgatory o.o

Estarossa173

Country
United States
The confirmation comes from the fact that Sariel said they have basically created the same way, and we know they are the same in terms of the graces being part of the SD's power. They are hers at the end of the day. No one elses. The DK proved that no matter who absorbs them be it commandments or graces at the end of the day it is still the rulers power. It is part of them, that is why mel wont be keeping the commandments. So the person that has ultimate control over them is the true owner and DK and SD.
Of course they don't work in the same way, and im not gonna jump to that as a conclusion when it comes to possession, but i think its silly to dismiss that ability created from someone's powers when brought together even with graces won't have a similar effect with like how the dks powers is brought together.

Oh yeah. That’s right, I forgot about that. Then never mind what I said then.

T25

Country
United States
No, because he reverted to his nighttime form. Rhitta is “broken.” Since Elizabeth healed Escanor, I think if somehow his axe got magically repaired, which probably won’t happen, he wouldn’t have to force Mael to borrow Sunshine. I’m just happy he will get Sunshine back since borrow means temporary. Who knows when that will be though. ;-;
....what caused rhitta to break beforehand and what exactly happened before rhitta broke? That’s the point. Mael is the expert here with sun. Don’t know why you believe a professional veteran with a weapon can be less effective than an novice swinging it around haphazardly.

When did sariel say that? I remember them being likened to the 10c but there is no detailed enough origin story for them at this time. Considering the sd has made practically no appearance or comments, the things that may be revealed from them are awaited.

Boldon

Country
Switzerland
i think its silly to dismiss that ability created from someone's powers when brought together even with graces won't have a similar effect
I don't dismiss the possibility of it happening, I'm saying we shouldn't believe it will, just because they were created the same way doesn't mean they had the same purpose

DK may have had an agenda with his 10C from the start, aka leaving his old body to find a better one

But nobody knows what SD had in mind when creating graces

You said it yourself, that although they belong to DK and SD, they don't work the same way

Ardyn

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
İf seven deadly sins kick the DK from Mel's body what will happen ? Mel is gonna be comeback his chibi form or he is staying with this DK form. I hope he'll comeback chibi form.

youngodin

Country
United States
I don't think removing ruler would matter that
Much DK has like 2 other innate magic at his disposal and He's not even using his mark or the commandments as weapons hes just swinging his arms.

MikeS47

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Country
France
İf seven deadly sins kick the DK from Mel's body what will happen ? Mel is gonna be comeback his chibi form or he is staying with this DK form. I hope he'll comeback chibi form.
I have a theory about this. My theory is that Meliodas will be rejected from his body by his father and will appear physically next to his companions in his chibi form and he will use his OG magic to destroy his old body. That's why nakaba made Mel have this OG magic.

shipleyy

Country
United States
Even though the official translation isn’t out, if the DK really did say that he wanted “a new and more powerful body”....does this basically mean he concedes that Meliodas is stronger than him, or at the very least, his body/capabilities can be over the top of the DK?

I think we might end up with Meliodas & Zeldris Vs DK. Neither give a fuck about the Holy War, just their women. I would love to see that fight.

#GetZeldrisHisGeldaBack2K19

Estarossa173

Country
United States
Isn't strange that we never heard of SD husband or DK wife and that Mel and mael look similar to each other.
LOL! Watch it be revealed that the DK and SD were lovers. Just wait for it.

If this doesn’t end up being true, then this means that the SD husband and DK wife is probably not important or relevant to be shown.

MasniBog

Country
Serbia
LOL! Watch it be revealed that the DK and SD were lovers. Just wait for it.

If this doesn’t end up being true, then this means that the SD husband and DK wife is probably not important or relevant to be shown.
Just hope it doesn't turn up that Meliodas and Elizabeth are related it would be fcked up

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Country
Fire Nation
Well, according to nakaba apparently Meliodas and Zeldris have a mother so yeah.

Though I think it’s a load of BS.
IIRC when nakaba said something about this in the side questions his reply was something like "its assumed they have one". Which is basically a "I can neither confirm nor deny".

Mighty Escanor

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
Australia
I do believe that absorbing the graces will work in the same way...
Perhaps that is how they may get out of this. Ludo or Mael will be like wait if we combine the graces then perhaps we could beat him and then BOOM SD appears and is like surpriseeeee mowhahahaha
The fact that we know nothing about the graces is best explaned by @Boldon , so I go on and ask my own question. How can anyone be surprised? Do you believe them to be so ignorant that they can't evaluate the outcome of their decisions now that they have seen the effects of taking another person's powers in?
Even if SD is gonna appear as a result of grace absorption, someone has to knowingly take the risk and absorb them in hope of becoming a vessel for SD. An act of sacrifice like what Denzel did against Der and Mon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 55)